Man suing to become Hooters Girl - Page 3 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > ZOMGWTFLOLCATS » Man suing to become Hooters Girl

ZOMGWTFLOLCATS Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Sponsor:
Gridsurvey.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 11:13 PM   #51 (permalink)
Backroom Bureaucrat

Not troll; Possibly Orc

Awards: 1
Thread Title of the Week 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess Whitcroft View Post

Could a male possibly meet those requirements?
A biological male that identifies as female and might be taking hormones and/or had facial feminization surgery? I think it's possible.

This case would be a lot more relevant and interesting if they were rejecting a very female looking person who was a biological male.
Gigs is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 01-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #52 (permalink)
An Avatar for All Regions

*SLU Supporter*

Totally Self-Sufficient

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 1/27/2008

Awards: 2
Special Achievement in Thread Titling Thread Title of the Week 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigs View Post
A biological male that identifies as female and might be taking hormones and/or had facial feminization surgery? I think it's possible.

This case would be a lot more relevant and interesting if they were rejecting a very female looking person who was a biological male.
But as understand it, they are not. This is, IIUC, a man who wants to be a waiter at Hooter - not be a Hooters Girl.

Moot case. Rejected. He ain't got the goods

“The dinosaurs died so that chat rooms may flourish”
― Tom Robbins, Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration."
- Abraham Lincoln
Bard Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-13-2009, 11:19 PM   #53 (permalink)
Lustful Cockmonster

*SLU Supporter*

Unedited

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2004
This isn't an issue of transgenderedness as near as I can tell. A transgendered male who identifies as female shouldn't be discriminated.

A random guy who wants to wait tables at Hooters is just starting a fight.
Joshua Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #54 (permalink)
Music Lover

*SLU Supporter*

me

SL Join Date: Oct 24 2003
Client: Firestorm
I don't think the guy working the pole in the strip club downtown at Mary's Club is going to get many tips.
Essence Lumin is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 01-13-2009, 11:35 PM   #55 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Nightshade View Post
This isn't an issue of transgenderedness as near as I can tell. A transgendered male who identifies as female shouldn't be discriminated.

A random guy who wants to wait tables at Hooters is just starting a fight.

I dunno .. in those tight shorts a pre-op Transgendered type might have some issues being a hooters girl anyhow.

Maybe if there was a hooter's skirt or something.

-------------------

Of course if they got men to wear shorts that tight the customers among straight women and gay men might go up.
Colette Meiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #56 (permalink)
engage @ ur own risk

WILL one day snap and kill you all

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bertrand View Post
I'm talking about when on-the-job discrimination that is normally prohibited is allowed and why. And I don't get why it takes female attributes to serve a basket of chicken wings.
It doesn't. It takes female attributes to represent the theme and atmosphere of the establishment. Folks aren't there for the food anyway lol.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #57 (permalink)
Lustful Cockmonster

*SLU Supporter*

Unedited

My Mood:
Oh please, a tuck job gets rid of everything.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:45 PM   #58 (permalink)

My Mood:

Waitaminute .. is this the guy?
Old 01-13-2009, 11:55 PM   #59 (permalink)

On Pandora

Thread Title of the Week 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colette Meiji View Post

I dunno .. in those tight shorts a pre-op Transgendered type might have some issues being a hooters girl anyhow.

-------------------

Of course if they got men to wear shorts that tight the customers among straight women and gay men might go up.
Lets see if this works...

Man suing to become Hooters Girl-gaff_ani202.gif

Anyone that thinks SL is odder than RL might be in for a surprise.

Tess

Tess Whitcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:55 PM   #60 (permalink)
engage @ ur own risk

WILL one day snap and kill you all

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bertrand View Post
No argument from me on that, might be an improvement.
I don't understand that at all. Why is not ok to occasionally go ahead and emphasize not only the differences between men and women, but also that we enjoy looking at those differences?

If I go to a bachelorette (sp?) party, assuming it's for one of my straight girlfriends, I'm going to expect to see a male stripper shaking his package in front of me, not a male and a female just to keep things "fair and equal".

I'm not going to pretend to be ashamed of the fact that I might enjoy oggling a guy's nekkid tushie now and again, just because "Oh, it's wrong, he's debasing himself for my enjoyment". Hell yea, debase yourself for me baby, I like it!

And I don't think we should make men feel ashamed that they like to stare at and drool over women now and then too. It's normal, it's natural. If they didn't like it, well, they'd be gay and they'd be down the street at Chipendales instead.

All that said, the day we take equality and fairness to the extreme that all strip clubs, restaurants, gyms, etc. have to either shut down or become unisex only ... well, someone please run me over with a truck or something, kthx. Because dammit I like my women only gym and I like my bachelorette parties with all male entertainment.
Allana Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #61 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allana Dion View Post
I don't understand that at all. Why is not ok to occasionally go ahead and emphasize not only the differences between men and women, but also that we enjoy looking at those differences?

If I go to a bachelorette (sp?) party, assuming it's for one of my straight girlfriends, I'm going to expect to see a male stripper shaking his package in front of me, not a male and a female just to keep things "fair and equal".

I'm not going to pretend to be ashamed of the fact that I might enjoy oggling a guy's nekkid tushie now and again, just because "Oh, it's wrong, he's debasing himself for my enjoyment". Hell yea, debase yourself for me baby, I like it!

And I don't think we should make men feel ashamed that they like to stare at and drool over women now and then too. It's normal, it's natural. If they didn't like it, well, they'd be gay and they'd be down the street at Chipendales instead.

All that said, the day we take equality and fairness to the extreme that all strip clubs, restaurants, gyms, etc. have to either shut down or become unisex only ... well, someone please run me over with a truck or something, kthx. Because dammit I like my women only gym and I like my bachelorette parties with all male entertainment.
I agree with this.

Those mixed dancer strip clubs in Second Life are lame enough.
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-14-2009, 12:57 AM   #62 (permalink)
Long Distance Sailor

KJ's Wife

My Mood:
SL Join Date: January 27, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colette Meiji View Post

-------------------

There are techniques to take care of that problem as well as some specialty lingerie items.

A few years ago, I dressed as Peg Bundy Bundy for Halloween. I wore VERY tight, snug leggings a la Peg. There was no visible indicia of male genitalia down there at all.

No, I don't have pics.. my old computer ate them.

It was funny though....no one recognized me and we are talking about people who only knew me as Susan. I didn't wear my glasses and I'm so blind I couldn't recognize anyone. A couple of friend soverheard me ordering a martini in my distinctive way and it was "OMG!!! It's SOOOOOZ!"

Sooz
Old 01-14-2009, 04:56 AM   #63 (permalink)
The Gingerbeard Man

*SLU Supporter*

Class of '08

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 08/11/2008
Business: Club Noir
Client: Firestorm and v2
I dunno about American employment law but I gather that as long as Hooters agree to employ men (and presumably, ugly women) in other positions besides waitressing, at equal pay, they're not breaking any laws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh Lyric View Post
So, next time we get called a 'viper's nest', I'm going to take that to mean a community full of people who, even through disagreement and argument, are caring, kind, compassionate, accepting and completely awesome. Oh, and not very fond of fools, liars and thieves. I'm pretty proud to be a part of this nest of hive-mind vipers.
Lewis Luminos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:24 AM   #64 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

*SLU Supporter*

No longer awardless

My Mood:
SL Join Date: September 11, 2005

The ShangriLlama Award 
Asher is right. Its discrimination. Its STUPID -- but its also discrimination.

However I think they could nip this in the bud. Give the guy the job, make him wear the uniform and I mean the skirt, the panty hose, shoes -- everything. Then let him wait tables.

Either Hooters will develop a gay following, he'll be laughed out of the job by hostile customers, or he won't make jack shit in tips and it won't be worth his while. Either way -- Hooters wins and there's no longer any element of discrimination.

This is too easily resolved to be in the court system.

Vivi's real life jewelry shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/NaturalTreasuresbyDe
AND
http://www.naturaltreasuresbydeb.com
Vivianne Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #65 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

*SLU Supporter*

No longer awardless

My Mood:
SL Join Date: September 11, 2005

The ShangriLlama Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Luminos View Post
I dunno about American employment law but I gather that as long as Hooters agree to employ men (and presumably, ugly women) in other positions besides waitressing, at equal pay, they're not breaking any laws?

yeah that's why southwest airlines, who presumably employed baggage guys, check in clerks, pilots and other males in non-stewardess roles, got sued and lost -- cause they hired men in other positions at equal pay.
Vivianne Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #66 (permalink)
Baby Baroness

OMG ICONS

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2005.10.28
Client: 1.23
Send a message via Yahoo to Wildefire Walcott
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal Farber View Post
No impressive bewbage was on display.
This has been my impression, from the few times I've been there. It's not so much about having large breasts as it is about being young, generically attractive, and looking good in their shorts. I do remember there one time being a waitress with almost comically large implants for her figure (note to very thin women- implants make your breasts look like someone pinned water balloons to your chest). I figure the average young woman with enough cash for breast augmentation probably has better things to do than serve hot wings to lunching married-but-lonely IT workers. The tips are good I'm sure, but you really couldn't pay me enough.

Desperation Isle Productions: Scripted skyboxes for lots (and budgets) of all sizes!
Wildefire Walcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #67 (permalink)
Lustful Cockmonster

*SLU Supporter*

Unedited

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivianne Draper View Post
Asher is right. Its discrimination. Its STUPID -- but its also discrimination.

However I think they could nip this in the bud. Give the guy the job, make him wear the uniform and I mean the skirt, the panty hose, shoes -- everything. Then let him wait tables.

Either Hooters will develop a gay following, he'll be laughed out of the job by hostile customers, or he won't make jack shit in tips and it won't be worth his while. Either way -- Hooters wins and there's no longer any element of discrimination.

This is too easily resolved to be in the court system.
I'm sure he'd just sue that the uniform is discriminatory.
1 User Laughed:
1 User Agreed: