New SL Sims in past week - Page 53 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Virtual Business » New SL Sims in past week

Virtual Business Discuss issues involving running a business in a virtual world. DO NOT POST ADS.

Sponsor:
AzureIslands - Candy Azure #1 Favorite Land Company Winner on the Annual Avi Choice Awards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #1301 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 03/17/2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Nagy View Post
Very simple example. I have 4096m parcel for my shop on private land, that brings LL every week about 1500 L$ indirectly from tier. A lot of my stuff is at the marketplace as well. It never ever made them 1500L$ commission a week on the marketplace. Not even close.
Strange thing is, when I abandon the in world shop ATM, I maximize my small profit.
Guess who is loosing money then?
And just this is/has happened in the thousands of times with little in world shops like mine IMHO.
Except you cut off your nose to spite your face. If you don't have an in-world store, people don't take you as serious. There are some people that can get away with not having an in world store like some sellers of full perm goods, but if you don't have an in world store, you are completely suspect to most people. Most merchants use the marketplace as a way to cheaply advertise, since everything you list is an advertisement for your store.

I think in short run it would cause a profit increase but in the long run it would be the beginning of the end of a business to go to marketplace only, unless they want to severely undercut everyone and that even is a mark of death in the long run. Once your product is seen as cheap, people don't want it anymore. Marketplace only kills the fantasy for a lot of people in SL, who are here for a RP and immersive experience.
Eboni Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Disagreed:
Old 10-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #1302 (permalink)

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eboni Khan View Post
Except you cut off your nose to spite your face. If you don't have an in-world store, people don't take you as serious. There are some people that can get away with not having an in world store like some sellers of full perm goods, but if you don't have an in world store, you are completely suspect to most people. Most merchants use the marketplace as a way to cheaply advertise, since everything you list is an advertisement for your store.

I think in short run it would cause a profit increase but in the long run it would be the beginning of the end of a business to go to marketplace only, unless they want to severely undercut everyone and that even is a mark of death in the long run. Once your product is seen as cheap, people don't want it anymore. Marketplace only kills the fantasy for a lot of people in SL, who are here for a RP and immersive experience.
I disagree and with the advent of direct delivery meaning no need to have even a 16m parcel inworld and the new viewer with a shop link that takes people directly to the marketplace to shop, a sellers reputation is going to be more based on their marketplace reviews.

This is no different really to how online shopping works now, people don't care that much whether someone has an inworld store, they care about customer service and the price of products. Some markets aren't as suitable for the marketplace, buildings and furniture being glaring examples, those are the sort of stores more likely to require an inworld presence, for those whose picture sells the product the marketplace is a fine option.
Ciaran Laval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #1303 (permalink)
Tea Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

Cherry red lips and sick on her boots

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 26th April 2007

Awards: 1
Best Anglo-Saxon High Horse Reference 
Well it looks like yesterday's report was a little premature, it was based on a survey run 30 minutes after the offer ended. Since then there has been a net increase of 197 private estate regions , taking the total net increase since Friday to 508. It looks like there was some delay in bringing on all the islands which went past the midnight deadline.

The gross figures since yesterday were 273 new regions with an additional 44 returned to the grid with 120 being removed. Significant removals detected were Jewels Islands Estate which dropped 40 , Dreamskeers Estates with a net loss of 30 regions & Dreamland ACS dropping 9. Zoha Estates went against the trend and increased by 8 regions.

Overall 689 private estate regions came online since Friday though these were counterbalanced by 181 removals. 464 of these were open to public access, 343 being full regions, 117 homesteads and 4 openspaces.

These 464 regions were bough by 381 individual estates , 252 have no other online holdings. All but 5 owners bought 3 or less

Vanguard of the LolCatz Revolution
This Post was financed by The National LolCatz Archives

Clancy Sullivan :Yeah. YEAH! The sultry seamstress of mirth is definitely in charge now.
Certified 7.8 on the Official Non-Arbitrary Trout Algorithmic Slut scale

A public copy of my Second Life Main Grid Survey Database can be found at http://www.gridsurvey.com - Now with added Second Life Incidents !!

Tyche Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:10 PM   #1304 (permalink)
Hahaha

My Mood:
SL Join Date: forgot
Business: monkey
Client: dunno but it keeps crashing all the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyche Shepherd View Post
The gross figures since yesterday were 273 new regions with an additional 44 returned to the grid with 120 being removed. Significant removals detected were Jewels Islands Estate which dropped 40 , Dreamskeers Estates with a net loss of 30 regions & Dreamland ACS dropping 9. Zoha Estates went against the trend and increased by 8 regions.
Oh great information. This may explain why there was a huge drop of about 100 sims for sale/lease that was revealed today in search.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #1305 (permalink)
Just call me Beth

Singing along with old music

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 4 2009
Client: Firestorm
I will say that when bigger named stores close down their in world stores and go strictly to Marketplace, then there -is- a problem. For example, Nek-o-licious, I thought they were closing down entirely, but their stuff is still on marketplace. I'd not be too horribly surprised if there are other shops that are doing the same, since its not as profitable.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #1306 (permalink)

with a K

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 12/07
Business: Virtual Kennel Club~ Ethereal Nature ~ Canis beach Dog Park ~ Racer Group Estates,
We dumped 7 sims. I didnt see them on the list so perhaps there will be a more accurate update next week.

I think this sale cured quite a few of their love for SL.
Aztek Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:21 PM   #1307 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aribeth Zelin View Post
I will say that when bigger named stores close down their in world stores and go strictly to Marketplace, then there -is- a problem. For example, Nek-o-licious, I thought they were closing down entirely, but their stuff is still on marketplace. I'd not be too horribly surprised if there are other shops that are doing the same, since its not as profitable.
Why give LL all the money you make? See this way we can cash out to us instead of selling L$ and giving it all to LL.
Obvious LL wanted merchants to tier down or they would not have started direct delivery and in general screwed SL with the GSA search a ways back.

If the commerce team was really worth a shit then we would already be shopping inside SL the way a lot of other games/worlds do. But that would mean more bugs so I guess the more LL removes from SL the less bugs there will be.
Ann Otoole is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 10-28-2011, 08:37 AM   #1308 (permalink)
Just call me Beth

Singing along with old music

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 4 2009
Client: Firestorm
But I don't like it - I did the same thing for like 3 months [wasn't planned] where I just had my marketplace store - and I haven't seen a difference - almost all of my sales are still marketplace, not that I'm in danger of cashing out any time soon

But there is something about having the store, of not having to take a picture of every single thing I make, and just being able to put it up for sale. I like that - even if its probably wiser to drop my land, or maybe move my meeroos to my shop space and have my tiny piece of mainland for just building stuff... [instead of using sandboxes].
Aribeth Zelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #1309 (permalink)
GAF

*SLU Supporter*

Goth when goth was. Also, socially unacceptable.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 13, 2008
Business: Beautiful Freak/Club Gothika/House of Rain/Pale Empress/Cursed Events
Client: Firestorm.
Send a message via AIM to bronxelf Send a message via MSN to bronxelf Send a message via Yahoo to bronxelf Send a message via Skype™ to bronxelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran Laval View Post
ome markets aren't as suitable for the marketplace, buildings and furniture being glaring examples, those are the sort of stores more likely to require an inworld presence, for those whose picture sells the product the marketplace is a fine option.

Will say it again- people keep saying furniture and buildings are big examples of the exception but Ciaran I swear to you- I sell both and *easily* 85% of all sales come from MP on BOTH businesses. Honest.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #1310 (permalink)

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxelf View Post
Will say it again- people keep saying furniture and buildings are big examples of the exception but Ciaran I swear to you- I sell both and *easily* 85% of all sales come from MP on BOTH businesses. Honest.
I'd never doubt your word, but in theory, buildings and furniture offer more richness to the product by having an inworld store, so it seems more logical to me for building and furniture makers to persist with an inworld presence.
Ciaran Laval is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 10-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #1311 (permalink)
Hahaha

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran Laval View Post
I'd never doubt your word, but in theory, buildings and furniture offer more richness to the product by having an inworld store, so it seems more logical to me for building and furniture makers to persist with an inworld presence.
As a consumer of furniture and houses, rarely would I buy such unless the business has an inworld store. And if they do, sometimes I still buy from MP even after viewing the merchandise inworld. MP is a great marketing tool - that is how I see it. Search is far better on MP than inworld.

But on a side note, the other kinds of products wherein a merchant must have a store inworld, at least for me, are for such products as shapes, skins, eyes and hair.

However, when it comes to freebies or 1 linden purchases, it matters little if the merchant has a store inworld. I simply get them from MP, and delete more than half after finding out how bad they are.
Mrs Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:55 AM   #1312 (permalink)
GAF

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to bronxelf Send a message via MSN to bronxelf Send a message via Yahoo to bronxelf Send a message via Skype™ to bronxelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Chung View Post
As a consumer of furniture and houses, rarely would I buy such unless the business has an inworld store. And if they do, sometimes I still buy from MP even after viewing the merchandise inworld. MP is a great marketing tool - that is how I see it. Search is far better on MP than inworld.

But on a side note, the other kinds of products wherein a merchant must have a store inworld, at least for me, are for such products as shapes, skins, eyes and hair.

However, when it comes to freebies or 1 linden purchases, it matters little if the merchant has a store inworld. I simply get them from MP, and delete more than half after finding out how bad they are.

I know it defies logic. I agree with you, but the numbers just don't lie and it's *not even close* in terms of inworld vs. mp sales. I'm always boggled by it myself, but amazingly people buy buildings and furniture overwhelmingly (really, not even close) on MP.

For me, it's poses that have to be seen inworld. I can buy furniture and buildings on MP no problem. But I need to check poses in person, since most are made for taller avatars, and I will wind up with hands buried in other body parts.
bronxelf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #1313 (permalink)
Hahaha

My Mood:
Quote:
I know it defies logic. I agree with you, but the numbers just don't lie and it's *not even close* in terms of inworld vs. mp sales. I'm always boggled by it myself, but amazingly people buy buildings and furniture overwhelmingly (really, not even close) on MP.

For me, it's poses that have to be seen inworld. I can buy furniture and buildings on MP no problem. But I need to check poses in person, since most are made for taller avatars, and I will wind up with hands buried in other body parts.
I investigated some of your creative work inworld and through MP. Wow! You are so gifted.
Anyway, I take your word for it that this is what happens, even though it defies logic.
I am wondering though, does this discovery of yours tempt you to give up most if not all of your inworld holdings, and just concentrate all your efforts on MP?

Last edited by Mrs Chung; 10-29-2011 at 09:31 PM.
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #1314 (permalink)

Quote:
I am wondering though, does this discovery of yours temp you to give up most if not all of your inworld holdings, and just concentrate all your efforts on MP?
For me the temptation was there. I dumped my G region store and land holdings since LL changed age verification to a checkbox and all G region traffic vaporized. Since then the M region store has been carrying it's own weight and then some so it gets to survive. For now. Fact is there is no logic in paying LL tier anymore. rodvik needs to conduct a review of the commerce team and their purpose given how they are going to drive LL into chapter 11.

LL may as well change all G regions to M since G is meaningless now.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #1315 (permalink)
Hahaha

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Otoole View Post
LL may as well change all G regions to M since G is meaningless now.
Perhaps you can elaborate on this, as to why G is meaningless now. Does not G mean Disney? How can this be meaningless, unless one is a heretic of some sort?
Old 10-30-2011, 06:51 AM   #1316 (permalink)
GAF

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Quote:
I investigated some of your creative work inworld and through MP. Wow! You are so gifted.
Anyway, I take your word for it that this is what happens, even though it defies logic.
I am wondering though, does this discovery of yours tempt you to give up most if not all of your inworld holdings, and just concentrate all your efforts on MP?

Frequently.

I haven't, mainly because the inworld stores provide a good location for hunts and are part of the architectural fabric of Dark Eternity and Event Horizon. If I were to ever move the stores OFF DE/EH, I would probably go MP only for at least some of them.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-30-2011, 06:58 AM   #1317 (permalink)
GAF

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Quote:
Perhaps you can elaborate on this, as to why G is meaningless now. Does not G mean Disney? How can this be meaningless, unless one is a heretic of some sort?

I know you meant this for Ann but this is easy to answer, so I'll do it.

There is no longer an actual verification process for age in SL anymore. This is a good thing since really, it was a giant, impossible pain in the ass to begin with, particularly if you were not a US resident. But when you no longer need to actually use proof to verify and all anyone actually needs is to tick a box declaring they're of the appropriate age, a large chunk of people who previously *could not* access M/A rated regions due to *actually* being underage or simply being unable to prove otherwise, now have no barrier at all to lying about it, or just checking the box(assuming they're legit).

Though there are a subset of teens who like G/PG rated regions I would expect that this is simply not true of most teenagers, who don't live G/PG rated LIVES(I know I sure didn't), and have no interest in sticking around artificially "clean" areas in a virtual world, either.

They simply click the "verified" box and boom. off they go to mature/adult land- dropping the traffic on G rated land substantially, as it was previously artificially inflated by people who had *no other choice*.

Now they do- and traffic has dropped off to match.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #1318 (permalink)

SL Join Date: September 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Otoole View Post
I dumped my G region store and land holdings since LL changed age verification to a checkbox and all G region traffic vaporized.
That doesn't make sense, and either does bronxelf's explanation. Are you saying people actively avoid G regions? So, they see a search result for G and think, "that won't be good, I'll skip it"? Or are they un-checking the G box?
Anya Ristow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #1319 (permalink)
GAF

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya Ristow View Post
That doesn't make sense, and either does bronxelf's explanation. Are you saying people actively avoid G regions? So, they see a search result for G and think, "that won't be good, I'll skip it"? Or are they un-checking the G box?

I don't know if people are unchecking the box. I do know that the traffic on G regions was artificially inflated due to a not insubstantial subset of people not having an option about where they could go.

Now that the artificial barrier to M/A lands is removed, it makes perfect sense to me that people would leave G regions in order to go to M/A lands.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:41 AM   #1320 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya Ristow View Post
The kids discovered they could lie super easily now and get into the fabulous taboo land of M and Zindra.

Poof they go from G regions where they were imprisoned.

It isn't a matter of avoiding G as much as it is where they were all the time and now they are free (on new alts) to go roam all of SL.
1 User Agreed:
Old 10-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #1321 (permalink)
Tea Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

A net increase of 171 regions this week, with Private Estates growing by 172 and Linden Own losing 1

Total number of Main Grid regions is now 31417 ( 24432 private estates & 6985 Linden owned)
395 new regions were added and 69 returned to the grid, with 298 regions removed (39 were renamed and 4 came and went since last report)

Much of this weeks change was driven by last weekend's Linden Land Offer which was still running when the last report was finished. However, as reported on Tuesday several larger estates reacted by downsizing: 48 Dreamseeker estate, 43 Lala Rentals & 40 Jewels Island regions were all removed this week. However ACS expanded, adding 23 to the Miriam Chung estate and 16 to Azure Islands, Zoha Islands also increased their holdings by 15

The 464 new/returned regions are :
Code:
1 Prim
A111 Games No2
ABC Area 51
ABC Events
Agusan Marsh
Al Kharid
Ala Creme
AlicesMadhouse
Amarige Isle
Amor Sempiternus
Amoris Robusta
Angels Estate
Anya Dream
Anya Island
Aoba Town
Apfelland Sandbox 
Applegate
Arab Gate Stables
Arab SL 
Arinultra Cay
ArisAris
ARolls Comunity
Artisan Irish Haven
Artisan Irish Waterway
ASPHYXIA
Atlus 
Aurastrad
Auravale
Aurinko
Aurore 
Autumn Breeze
Awesome Breed Creations
Azathoth Nebula
Azure Blue
Azure Star 
Bacolet Heights
Bacolet Sea
BaK
Balearic Islas
Bangor
Barakiel
Beckley
Bellaire
Benefit Island 2
Bentley Homes NE
Bishes
Bite Me
Black Diamond Coast
Black Kat Island
Black Requiem
Black River
Blue Fin
Blue Nysa
Bobs secret Island
Brasil RPG Kombat
BRASIL URBANO RPG
Brave Heart
Buckley
Burning Legion
Buzios 
Caicos Paradise Beach
Caiman
Calaby
calm section two
Canada Eh
Canadian Country Backwoods
CANDIE
Canterlot
CAPE MARAUDER
Cape of Ruin
Captain Island
Capybara
Caravanserai
Carnal Desires
Caro 
Carries Dreams
Caspian
Castro Beach Resort
CCC 
Chain of Love
Chatham 
Cherry Beach 
Cheshire Island
Chunky Monkey
City Legend
City of Genesis
Classic 
Club illusion
Club TNT
Cocktails n Dreams
Cohiba Cay
Coleman
Colo Rocky Mountains
Coraline
Corinthia Isle
Cosmos Estates
Court Royal Sweden
Crystal Beach 
Crystal Water 
Crystalwind
Cursed Rock
Cyprus Island
Dainty Lake
Dantes Peak
Daredevil
Dareen
Dark Angels 
Dark Isle 
Dark Mist
Dark Swamp
Dark Terminal
Darkness of Passion
Darkwater
DayStar
Dead Lake
Debauched Kingdom
Delta Quadrant 
Desirade
Devaloka
Devils Island 
disturbed isles
Dives Place
Divine Forest
Divine Paradise
Dragon Bay
Drake Island
Drakes bay
Dream Harbour
Dream Islands Anwen
Dream Islands Innis
Dreamweaver Bay
Dreamy Daze
Druids Grove
DUCE
Dwell Island
Eclipse Beach
Eden Siskin
Eden Swan
Eden Swift
Effington Cove
Effington Hills
El Fuego
El Potro
Ella
Ellison Isle
Elyria
Emerald Gem 
Enchanted Madness
Encino Island
Englishmans Bay
Equinox Mount
Eraserheads
Ever 
Everest Hills
EVOL
Fablewood
Failte
FAKE
Falconbridge
Fallenwynter
Farraige
Farwind
Feldon Farms
Felicity 
FEMBOY NATION
Fierce
firstlands
Forbes Isle
Forgotten Caverns
Forgotten Isles
Forward Reach
Fowler
Foxclaw 
Frankfort
Freudian Slip
Frisian Insel
Fulcrum
Gaia II
Gans
Garage Days
Garden of Eden 
Gecko
Gecko Isles 
GGH Designz
Gladstone
Glorietta
GraceAnn Lake
Grand Palaccio
Grand Teton Mtns
Great Forest
Great Karakhanid Empire 
Great Manitu Island
Greeter Island
Grumble 2
Hale
Haliarai
Hamburg Live
Hard Rock
Heavenly Bliss 
Heavenly Cove 
Herencia
Hey Girlfriend
Ho Wear
Hobbit Island
HoE
Hogwarts
Hollandaise
Hudson Heights
Hunters Mountain
IGBC Rehoboth Glades
Iles dela Normandie
In The Club
Iniquity Bay
Inopia 
Isla Atlantia
Isla De Corazones
Isla de Rosas
isla Paradiso
Isle of Avalon 
Isle of Wight 
Jaided
Jardim Marajoara
Jasper Valley
je suis
Jellybeans Too
JSG Borderville
JSG Shiverpeaks
Just Posh
Kadath 
Kajira
Kalana Fjord Village
Kalepa II
KaniLand
Kartimar
Kingdom Cove
KMBreedables
Kouya
Kukuru Mountain
Kushie
La Familia 
La Hart
Lake Willow
Land of Zues
LAQ
LaRosa Private
Leech
Libera Isle
Library 
Lima 
LindenWorld Retro
Linn
LIttle Eden
LittleStar
LittleStar2
Loch Bridge
Loch Leven
LONE STAR ESTATES
Longwood Rock
Lovers Beach
Lovers Lagoon 
Loves Enchantment 1
lynxland
Mahina O Hoku
Malta 
Maplewick
Marches of Wales
Mare Serenitatis
MariKesh Mondrago
Maven Homes
maxnat
Meihen Lycour Reserve
Menegroth
Metaverse 
MidShip
Miel Island
MiTaMa NextOne
Miva
MOLON LABE 
Mon Cheri
Monte Vista
Monuriki Island
Moonlight Escape
Myammy iLand
Mystical Dreams 
Narjai
Nashville Music Row
Nazca
Nesters Paradiso
New Angels Bay
New Bimini
New Dawn
New Toulouse StCharles
Night Walker
Nightfire Island 
Ninth Rua 
Nirvana Island
North Fells
North Pole 
Northern Brew
Nyan
Ocean View Gamers
OfficeLink
Ohana Cove 
Ohana Island 
Old School
One Joy
One Piece 
Oneness
Opal Gem 
open view
Opium Dreams
Orabo
Orbis incogniti
Osprey Ridge
otonacodomo land
Oxygen Island
Paracas
Paradise of Paula
Paradise Rose
Paradise Wilde
Paraiso Royale
Passion Cove 
Peace Love Unity
Pearl Gem 
Pearls Rock 
Perdition 
Persephone Core
Philippines 7107 Islands
Piranha
Pixel Fusion Homes
PLATINUM BREEDABLES
Pleasure Beach
Plot 23
PMAL Magic
PoE
POSSEDUTA
Pretty Beach
Pride Colors Landing
Progeny Tranquility
PurpleMoon
Quentulus Quazgar
Radikal Ranch
Rag Dollz Island
Realm of Fairport
Rebels Retreat 
Rhosyns
Rosies Paradise
Sacred Land
Saerlaith
Salvus Tao 3
Sameera
San Miguel 
Sand Dollar 
Santorini Isle
SAP Gardens
Sassolino
Scorpio Moon Gardens
Seasons Change
Sef Al3z
Sensex Sensual Experience
Serenah Raynier Creations 
Serenity Dreams
Serenity Island 
Serenity Retreat 
Shadowfield
ShadowPointe
Shaea 
Sheringa
Shimmering Isle
Sierra Madre 
Silent Reverie
Silent Seductions
Silverblade Shore
Simplicity 
Sinful Needs
Sionnach 
Sirius Grounds
Sjaelland
Sleepy Bones
Slitherine
Solace 
Solo Lunar
SOUL 
Soul City
Soundgarden
South Of Forever
Star Crossed
Star Crossed Island
Steam
Sterling Forest
Storeybrook
Strias
STRONDA II
Stuck Like Glue
Sugar Cube Ranch
Summerland Redux
SUZAKU 
SW ZONE 3
Taipan Lake
Tapir
Tellaq Skins
Tenth Rua
Terra Delta
Terra O Sileo
Terrorform Me 
Tesseract Space
The Amazon
The Asylum 
The Den
The Horizon 
The Last Hope
The New Yorker
The Rising Tide
The Slums
The Vale
Thespiae
Thunderstorm Village
Tiamat 
Tigerlily
Tinker Town
Tir na Gra
Tir na Suaimhneas
tittingham
TK Genesys South
Tm Paraiso Resort1
Toll House
Tranquil Haven
TRANQUILITY COVE ISLAND
Tranquility Station
Tropical Heartbeats
Tropical Paradise Designs 
TrueHeart
TSG Elite Paradise
Twilight Town 
Twilights Edge
TWINK LAGOON
TWINK NATION
TYLERS SWORD
Tyrs Fist Stronghold
uggnahmit
UNCHAINED MELODIES 01
Urban justice
Vardo Rose
Victoria Land
VIRTLANTIS Community
Virtualworldwidemedia
Vosk Delta 
Water haven
Westerlands
Wikid Desires
WIKKED CAYE
WIKKED COVE
Wild Girls
WIse Estates
Wishing Star
WyldSpirit
X PLA
XBProductionsXB
Xeen
Zen Divine
Zensual Shores
Zephyr Cove
Zircon
Zuyder Zee
indicates region which have returned to the grid
Old 10-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #1322 (permalink)
Tea Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

This weeks removals and renames are as follows:

The 298 regions no longer on the grid are :
Code:
0 0 0akum
0 0 0bduct
0 0 0bedient
0 0 0bject
0 0 0blectation
0 0 0bserve
0 0 0bsess
0 0 0ccamy
0 0 0ccupant
0 0 Aachen
0 0 Abandon
0 0 Abbess
0 0 Absconditu
0 0 Accusator
0 0 Acervus
0 0 Acquiro
0 0 Action
0 0 Adeptio
0 0 Adeptly
0 0 Adieu
0 0 Adios
0 0 Agua
0 0 Allured
0 0 Amoroso
0 0 Amuck
0 0 Angelic
0 0 Ansalon
0 0 Anthoid
0 0 Arenas
0 0 Arroyo
0 0 Aspen
0 0 Atoned
0 0 Avalanche
A ILHA I
A111 No2
Abundance Island
Acidic Zone
Adara
After Hours Island
Afterlight NewMoon
Aftermath
Alamonta
Albert
Algarve
Aloha Cliffs
Alyssum
Anastasia Island
Angra dos Reis
Antanzi
ApoCalipSe Brasil
Aquamarine Shores
Arab heaven
Armas
Artistic Expressions
Arugula
Aspen Meadow Park
Atlantic Eve
AXL Pro
Ayumi
Azure Mystery
Bacolet North
Balmy Beaches
Banshea
Basarab
Battleground
Beaverhead
Belonca Island
Beverly Hills Beach
Biker Wilderness
Black Dahlia
Black Sea
Blood Beach
Bocas Del Torro
Bomba
Breedable Heaven
Bronx
Cabarita ByTheSea
Cadiz
Callera
Canadian Country South
Cap Estel
Cape Fear
Capture
Castle Haven Island
Cedarbridge
Chiquita
Combava Island
Combs of Pearl
Copley Square
Country Lane
Croatia
Decadent Desires
Despoine Island
Destino
Dharma Initiative
Disturbiaz
DIXON Athena
Dolphin
Dragon Fruit Island
Dreamer Valley
Dreaming Isle
Dying Flame
EARTH ELEMENTS ISLAND
Easy Lovin
Eclipsed
Elimourn
Emerald Resort 2
Emerald Waters
Ensenada
esposende coral
Eternity2
Evening Sunset Isle
Exquisite Island
Faithfulness
Fallenwynte 
Farrago Island
Fever Island
Forbidden Dreams
Forsaken Empire
Four Elements
FRANCE3D Reunion
FRANCE3D St Germain
FREEDOM 2
fruitfly8s moon
Fruitopia Fantasy
Future Land
Gannet Island
Garden Atoll
Garden of Gaia
Gardens of Eden
GayWorld Islands I
Gear Jammer
Gorean Prison Moon
Guana Island
Halpa
Happy Medium Corp
HaVic
Hawaii Moana
Heart of Gold
Hearts Afyre
Hitomi
Huffman Prairie Delta
Huffman Prairie Kappa
Huffman Prairie Theta
IGS
Ilo
Insel
Isla De Suenos
Isle of Faith
Isle of Gems
ITLAND Island
Jacinto
Jelly Island
Jewel Bay
Josie Isle
Juice Berry Meeroos
Jujube Island
Kalamos
Kalana Highlands
Kaua Eha
Kaua Ekolu
Kaua Elua
Kaura
Kenaz
Key Largo Shores
Kobol
Kountry Junction
KSA 4EVER
Lagoa de Abaete
Langer
Lazuli Island
Le Meteque
Leaves Eyes
Libertad
Lipari Island
Lobster Cove
Longane Island
Love Domain
Love Island
Maastricht University
Magnolian Pearl
Malachite
Malatia
Manzano
Marina ksa
Marklar
Maui Beach
Mauritius
Mombin Island
Moonlight Terrace
Murano
My Nirvana
MyBreedables
Nevermore Soul
New Garden
New Orleans Beach
Nighted November
Nspire
Nullabor
Ohra
om nom nom
Opal Shores
Orange Tree
Orlando Beach
Ostpolen
Pacific Dreamz
Pacifico Norte 6
Paradise Pointe
Passion Fruit Island
Passions Moonlight 
Peaceful Habitat
Pebble Beaches
Pengo Alcyone
Penn State Isle 3
Phoenix Flight
Pink Coral Island
PITAland
Plainton
Playa el Aqua
Polo
Prison Moon South
raindrop
Realm of Illusion
Regatta Bay
Rendezvous
Riddle
Royston Vasey
Sanctuary Falls
Sandbox Island 2 (TG)
Sanibell Island
Scintilla
Sea Foam
Seahorse Shores
Seattle Beach
Seraglio
Serena Erotica
Serene Shores
Serenity Twist
Shades of Ayr
Skyhaven
Slidin
Solace Isle
Southern Gothic Island
Spacious
Sparkle Cove
Srimgar
St Killans 2
St Paul isle
Star Crossed Isle
Starlight
Still Waters
Takara Island
Tamir
Tangled Affairs
Targoviste
Tarnburg Woods
Terra Bordeaux
Terraform Me
The Hide
The Howler
The Royle Farm
Theory Island
Tierra del Fuego
Tiki Falls
Timeless Island
Tir Tairngiri
TK Stables
Trailer Park Drive
Tranquil Waters
TrAsHy CaTs
Trixa Island
Turqiouse Shores
Twilights Passion 
TwiningOLD
UggNahmlt
Ultimate Love II
Underverse
Unlimited Love
Valta
Velvet Tuberose Point
Ventura College
VIAKISK
VIP Korea
VIVID DARK
VIVID LIGHT
Voodoo Chile
Vorta Vor
Wadenblick
walton
Whiteswallow East
Whiteswallow Sunset
WildSide Valley
Wolverine Island 
Wonder
World
Wullerton
Xochitil II
Yarra
indicates region came and went since last report

Of these 39 are renames :
Code:
A111 No2	==>	A111 Games No2
Acidic Zone	==>	KMBreedables
Algarve	==>	PMAL Magic
Bacolet North	==>	Bacolet Heights
Banshea	==>	Sef Al3z
Bomba	==>	Wikid Desires
esposende coral	==>	Gaia II
Evening Sunset Isle	==>	Castro Beach Resort
Fallenwynte	==>	Fallenwynter
Future Land	==>	Great Karakhanid Empire
Garden Atoll	==>	Gans
Gardens of Eden	==>	XBProductionsXB
Hawaii Moana	==>	Enchanted Madness
Kalana Highlands	==>	Kalana Fjord Village
Kenaz	==>	Westerlands
Magnolian Pearl	==>	Forgotten Isles
Marina ksa	==>	Coleman
New Garden	==>	Kingdom Cove
Nspire	==>	Seasons Change
Realm of Illusion	==>	Freudian Slip
Serenity Twist	==>	1 Prim
Slidin	==>	Monuriki Island
Sparkle Cove	==>	Classic
Srimgar	==>	The Vale
St Killans 2	==>	SW ZONE 3
Tarnburg Woods	==>	North Pole
Terraform Me	==>	Terrorform Me
The Royle Farm	==>	PLATINUM BREEDABLES
Theory Island	==>	Court Royal Sweden
TK Stables	==>	TK Genesys South
TrAsHy CaTs	==>	Tinker Town
TwiningOLD	==>	Caro
UggNahmlt	==>	uggnahmit
Underverse	==>	Metaverse
Ventura College	==>	Thespiae
VIP Korea	==>	Rebels Retreat
Voodoo Chile	==>	ASPHYXIA
Whiteswallow East	==>	TWINK NATION
Wolverine Island	==>	Nesters Paradiso
Estate groupings going off line
  • 1 (n=3): Aloha Cliffs,Breedable Heaven,FREEDOM 2
  • 2 (n=2): Angra dos Reis,Takara Island
  • 3 (n=2): Battleground,My Nirvana
  • 4 (n=3): Belonca Island,Bocas Del Torro,Lagoa de Abaete
  • 5 (n=2): Beverly Hills Beach,Orlando Beach
  • 6 (n=2): Cap Estel,Valta
  • 7 (n=2): Country Lane,Peaceful Habitat
  • 8 (n=2): Despoine Island,Jacinto
  • 9 (n=2): Destino,Libertad
  • 10 (n=2): Gorean Prison Moon,Prison Moon South
  • 11 (n=2): Huffman Prairie Delta,Huffman Prairie Theta
  • 12 (n=2): Jujube Island,Mombin Island
  • 13 (n=3): Kaua Eha,Kaua Ekolu,Kaua Elua
  • 14 (n=2): Kenaz,Srimgar
  • 15 (n=2): Lobster Cove,Seahorse Shores
  • 16 (n=2): Nullabor,Yarra

Estate groupings coming online
  • 1 (n=2): ABC Events,Awesome Breed Creations
  • 2 (n=2): Anya Dream,Anya Island
  • 3 (n=2): Artisan Irish Haven,Artisan Irish Waterway
  • 4 (n=2): Bacolet Heights,Bacolet Sea
  • 5 (n=2): Balearic Islas,Malta
  • 6 (n=3): Black River,Paraiso Royale,Thunderstorm Village
  • 7 (n=3): Brave Heart,Devils Island,Silverblade Shore
  • 8 (n=6): Caiman,Capybara,Gecko,Leech,Piranha,Tapir
  • 9 (n=2): Carnal Desires,Sensex Sensual Experience
  • 10 (n=2): Colo Rocky Mountains,Grand Teton Mtns
  • 11 (n=2): Cursed Rock,Forgotten Isles
  • 12 (n=2): Dream Islands Anwen,Dream Islands Innis
  • 13 (n=2): DUCE,Ho Wear
  • 14 (n=3): Eden Siskin,Eden Swan,Eden Swift
  • 15 (n=5): Feldon Farms,Iles dela Normandie,Isle of Wight,Marches of Wales,Zuyder Zee
  • 16 (n=3): FEMBOY NATION,TWINK LAGOON,TWINK NATION
  • 17 (n=2): Fierce,maxnat
  • 18 (n=2): Frisian Insel,Sjaelland
  • 19 (n=2): HoE,PoE
  • 20 (n=4): Hunters Mountain,Kukuru Mountain,Libera Isle,Persephone Core
  • 21 (n=2): Isla Atlantia,The New Yorker
  • 22 (n=2): isla Paradiso,Kadath
  • 23 (n=2): La Familia,WIse Estates
  • 24 (n=2): Lima,Nazca
  • 25 (n=2): LittleStar,LittleStar2
  • 26 (n=2): Ninth Rua,Tenth Rua
  • 27 (n=2): Star Crossed,Star Crossed Island
  • 28 (n=2): The Vale,Westerlands
  • 29 (n=2): WIKKED CAYE,WIKKED COVE

Breakdown of current regions by Ownership and Classification:
  • Estate - Adult: 2723
  • Estate - General: 3126
  • Estate - Moderate: 18563
  • Estate - Offline: 20
  • Linden - Adult: 352
  • Linden - General: 1636
  • Linden - Moderate: 4997

Breakdown of Host Server Classes by Ownership:
  • Estate - Class 5: 20717
  • Estate - Class 7: 2210
  • Estate - Class Unknown: 1505
  • Linden - Class 5: 1478
  • Linden - Class 7: 5337
  • Linden - Class Unknown: 170

The following 20 regions were on the grid but marked as down when the last survey was run:
  • Alethia Island
  • Ange
  • Avimote
  • Barbadine
  • Darcei Dabria
  • Evermore
  • Full moon
  • Gaines
  • Highwood Creek
  • Jamaica Island
  • Rainbow Dream
  • RED EYE KINGDOM
  • Simply The Best
  • The Turquoise Planet
  • Titahi Bay
  • Uhre DragonSong
  • UNDEAD COVE
  • UWA Winthrop
  • Vinyard Isles
  • West Paw Beach
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #1323 (permalink)
Tea Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Here are the results of the October Private Estate Survey - A little late as I was distracted by last week's land sale and a few days in France.

As with previous months, it's a survey of 5000 randomly selected private estate regions which I use to estimates Full/Homestead/Openspace penetration. The results are as follows:

• Full Regions : 2477
  • Homestead Regions: 1790
  • Openspace: 24
  • Closed to Public :709

Of the 4291 accessible regions , 57.7% are Full Regions, 41.7% are Homesteads and 0.6% are Openspaces. The Margins of Error are +/-1.34% , +/- 1.34% and +/-0.20% respectively for the three figures figure at the 95% confidence level. There is a very tiny shift away from full regions since last months survey.
During this period Private estates had a net growth of 303 Regions to a total of 24432 . The proportion closed to public access was up by 0.9% on last month at 14.2%.

7 of the Full Regions were Linden Developed Regions (i.e. sold new with content) and 2 Linden Developed Homesteads were included in the sample. Again as with all previous months this is too small penetration to reliably track but is slightly up on previous months.

705 of the 1790 (39.4%) Homestead regions were at the new non-grandfathered rate, this is a small but non-significant fall of 0.6% from last month (40.0% ).

Taking these figures a good estimate of private estate tier due each month is US$5,145,000 +/- US$60,000 . (Calculated using known grandfathering rates but excludes any academic reductions and is rounded to the closest US$1000), this figure is substantially up on last month's estimate of US$5,052,000 by $93,000 , a significant rise of about 1.8% mainly driven by last weeks Land Sale.

The top 20 landowners currently control 32.3% (+/- 1.3%) of private estate regions, This 0.9% up on last month , using list prices their holdings represent 26.5% of total private estate tier.

The figures for the top 10 landowners are 22.5% (+/- 1.1%) of regions and 17.7% of tier (the larger estates tend to have a bigger proportion of homesteads than smaller estates). This share for the top 10 is down from last months last months figure of 22.5% of private estate regions.

The Top 10 Full Region/Homestead/Openspace proportions are 37.3%/60.9%/0.0% and 36.1%/62.0%/0.1% for the top 20

The Top 10 Estates by number of regions held are as follows:
  • RGF Estates Inc 5.8%
  • Zoha Islands 2.6%
  • Dreamseeker Estates 2.2%
  • Lala Rentals 1.9%
  • Azure Islands 1.6%
  • Miriam Chung 1.5%
  • FantasyLand 1.5%
  • Jessica Chung 1.4%
  • Fruit Islands Estate 1.4%
  • Bell Estates 1.4%

The biggest change this week was Lala Rentals falling by 0.6% to 4th place, Zoha Estates rose by 0.7% to 2nd place.Overall known ACS Estates collectively have the largest share of Private Estates at 8.7%, 0.8% up on last month.
The Margins of error for these Estate shares range from +/-0.6% for the largest down to +/- 0.3% for the smallest,

These rankings are purely on number of regions owned and are not based on FRE numbers .

Octobers's list for the Estates in 11th to 20th position (In alphabetical order) is
  • Bonaire Estates
  • Burdeyna Islands
  • Jewels Islands
  • Kendallwood Virtual Estates
  • Kristaki Hudson
  • Lorena Chung
  • Ohana Land
  • Serena Estates
  • Surreal Estates
  • Victoria Chung

The smallest of these is about 3/4ths the size of the current estate in 10th position

The regions were running on the following distribution of server class
  • Class 501 38.0%
  • Class 502 9.0%
  • Class 503 43.0%
  • Class 701 2.0%
  • Class 702 6.9%
  • Class 703 1.1%

There was no observable shift in distribution of Server Classes

Survey Details: This survey was based on a random sample of 5000 private estate regions drawn from all 24432 private estates on the grid on 29th October 2011. The actual surveying took place on 30th October 2011.A further 10 regions were randomly selected to top up the sample, replacing those regions which were unavailable (other than closed to public access) at the time of surveying.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:47 AM   #1324 (permalink)
Coin-operated

Quote:
... traffic on G regions was artificially inflated due to a not insubstantial subset of people not having an option about where they could go. ...
Also, for a very long time, G region traffic was inflated by Search having a whole separate maturity preference setting, which often got reset to the G default on viewer upgrades. That seems not to be a factor anymore.

Either way, G traffic didn't decline because people are avoiding G-rated regions, but rather because using G land to boost traffic isn't so effective now.
Qie Niangao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #1325 (permalink)
Hahaha

My Mood:
Holy Sheep! Did I see a drop of about 250 estates sims from October 31st to November 1st?

Tags
new sims, tycharrific, tyche didn't do this, tyche's grid stats, won't work for the snarky