New SL Sims Discussion - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Virtual Business » New SL Sims Discussion

Virtual Business Discuss issues involving running a business in a virtual world. DO NOT POST ADS.

Sponsor:
AzureIslands - Candy Azure #1 Favorite Land Company Winner on the Annual Avi Choice Awards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2016, 12:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

I have to edit this????

My Mood:
New SL Sims Discussion

I am sad that the Spencer Art Museum vanished. That was a moody, quirky build of many levels.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Purple

Adoring goats.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 20. January 2007
Client: NaCl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
Way to go Linden -- having 702 prims on a 1024 m slams the private land market
Any 1024sqm mainland parcel, be it Linden-auctioned or landlord-rented, has 702 prims now. Including pre-existing parcels.

Private estates will follow.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalice Yao View Post
Any 1024sqm mainland parcel, be it Linden-auctioned or landlord-rented, has 702 prims now. Including pre-existing parcels.

Nope, normal mainland primcount for 1024sqm is now 351, so LL is playing with double prim land again, like in Bay City.
Daniel Regenbogen is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 11-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
FS Dev

Limited Edition Serious Pirate CEO Cat Supreme with Rainbow Skurvy Sprinkles and Bacon

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Dec '08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Regenbogen View Post
Nope, normal mainland primcount for 1024sqm is now 351, so LL is playing with double prim land again, like in Bay City.
Can confirm that 1024sqm mainland is 351 currently. If they are doing double prim, its because there is a lot of empty land in those regions. Good deal if they are charging the same as 1024 for them. The lag in Linden Home regions tends to be bad. Swings and roundabouts.
Kadah Coba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
FS Dev

Limited Edition Serious Pirate CEO Cat Supreme with Rainbow Skurvy Sprinkles and Bacon

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Dec '08
Can also confirm now that these Horizons regions do have the 2x LI multiplier.

One interesting things I noticed that I haven't seen said so far: Unlike previous Linden Homes, you'll be able to change which model house your lot has via the mailbox. It looks like none is an option, which would be welcome as most of the models are kinda meh.
Kadah Coba is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 11-19-2016, 11:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Waits and listens

Frustracted

Client: LL, Firestorm, Black Dragon
Is anybody here bidding on any of the Horizons parcels? I'm wondering how popular they might end up being.

Fire resistant
Ivanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Noob

What should I put here?

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanova View Post
Is anybody here bidding on any of the Horizons parcels? I'm wondering how popular they might end up being.
Well I was going to but within minutes it got too rich for my blood. I saw one parcel at around 54,900 linden just before the end of the auction today. Yes, these lots are quite pricey!
Bamboo Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Waits and listens

Frustracted

I have been interested in these. But I agree with you, it quickly got too rich for me.
After the end of the first round of auctions, three adjacent, waterside parcels in Horizons Polaris had been won by the same person, one of them for L$57,270 (~US$230). I didn't check on others. I'm guessing at this point that land barons are hoping to capitalize on these parcels, anticipating their popularity, and turning them into rentals after the auctions are over. If this is the case, I think it effectively puts ownership out of reach for many people.
3 Users Agreed:
Old 11-20-2016, 08:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Noob

What should I put here?

My Mood:
Yeah i was interested in the whole theme of it too. I think part of me was hoping that it might be another option for a Linden home, but pretty sure that was wishful thinking on my part.

But at the end of the day maybe it is a good thing as I liked the way Horizons looks and I can imagine in time it just won't look like that anymore. Oh well, I will be content with my parcel and the extra prims they gave us.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Waits and listens

Frustracted

Indeed, according to the wiki, apart from footprint and LI limits, there do not appear to be any set guidelines, covenants or restrictions regarding what you can build for your own house.
I found myself wondering, if these regions and parcels of Horizons were to become very popular and sell out quickly, might LL decide to create additional instances of it? There are other sides of the Zindra continent to which they could be connected. I could make guesses as to the outcome of this scenario, but I don't know enough about how the dynamics of the SL land market work to make any guesses in which I would have faith.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rawr

My Mood:
Client: SL Viewer 5
Quote:
I found myself wondering, if these regions and parcels of Horizons were to become very popular and sell out quickly, might LL decide to create additional instances of it?
Yes, that specific possibility was in the pile of disclaimers for the intro video.

Last edited by Cerise; 11-20-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Cerise is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 11-20-2016, 09:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Noob

What should I put here?

My Mood:
Quote:
Indeed, according to the wiki, apart from footprint and LI limits, there do not appear to be any set guidelines, covenants or restrictions regarding what you can build for your own house.
Yeah someone already has a teepee on one of the lots and is selling it for 89,000 hahahahaha there goes the neighbourhood!
1 User Said WTF?:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 11-20-2016, 11:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Noob

What should I put here?

My Mood:
this if for Govi cause when I saw this I said WTF too! I must say I am amused.

New SL Sims Discussion-snapshot_001.jpg
Old 11-21-2016, 02:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 1
The 2 Millionth Post Award 
New SL Sims Discussion

Thread for discussing issues related to Tyche's New SL Sims reports.

Help keep the reports thread focused!
Old 12-08-2016, 12:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Unhappy Horizons already messed up

Unfortunately it is already messed up and I am glad I did not spend money to buy there, I think I would be really disappointed by now ... I found giant gothic towers, snow, privacy screens, skyscrapers, beach homes, palm trees, giant rotating "FOR SALE" cubes ... it is really sad, people have no respect whatsoever for the area theme ... I wish the Lab would have thought this over better ... it could have been a nice neighborhood but now there is no way I would ever spend a dime there. I am with an estate that really upholds the rules and I am very thankful for that.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Tanita is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 12-08-2016, 01:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Noob

What should I put here?

My Mood:
Me too Tanita. I do use firestorm so can derender. I have noticed that some of the pricing for the parcels has gone down in pricing. Part of me wants a parcel there and the other part of me says "no run while you can don't do it" LOL But yeah, people need to stick to the theme but everyone has their own interpretation of the theme that is the problem.
1 User Said Thanks: