Scamming Again?? - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Virtual Business » Scamming Again??

Virtual Business Discuss issues involving running a business in a virtual world. DO NOT POST ADS.

Sponsor:
AzureIslands - Candy Azure #1 Favorite Land Company Winner on the Annual Avi Choice Awards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2016, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Feeling Risky ;)

Wink Scamming Again??

So my friend sends me to Zoha Island today, and I talk to young lady. She tell me if I take land today that I can have for 4995L$. But when I ask about buy down that Zoha Island offer, I then am told it will be 5995L$ weekly. I ask why If I take today and the lady refused to explain to me, and when I ask to speak to her boss... Duece ... She has an EM message me with a blank profile... Real fishy! So needless to say if you want to rent honest land from them, be ready to be screwed because either way they will get you.

What is further sad about their scam is the "Buy down" they offer.... They claim to pay out so much out of pocket but when you do math they make tons of money! This is very sad because the part that blows my mind, is my best friend rents full sim and well, that is a whole story that I wont touch but she too will be leaving because the way the do business. Maybe they will recheck their math after this is read. And to Duece... You need to please talk to your staff they are very misleading with your promos, and claiming your website is part of linden labs. I maybe be young but far from dumb!

Last edited by FutaDemon; 06-24-2016 at 03:12 PM. Reason: typos
FutaDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Disagreed:
Old 06-24-2016, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 1
The 2 Millionth Post Award 
We seem to have a run on shit-stirring threads lately.

For the record, Zoha is an outstanding real estate land management company. I speak from personal experience, having been a customer of theirs for years. Yes, they make money on their transactions. That's called RUNNING A BUSINESS. If you want a hobby landlord, knock yourself out, but some of us prefer to deal with a solid business of excellent reputation.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ponderer

*SLU Supporter*

sigh....FFS

My Mood:
SL Join Date: September 2010
I agree with Beebo. I am currently renting a homestead with them. I've been with them for about 4 years now and they have always provided excellent service. I would recommend them to anyone. Peddle your crap elsewhere.
1 User Agreed:
Old 06-24-2016, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Feeling Risky ;)

I understand running a business but scamming people out of money is crocked.. Either way we are all entitled to our own opinion, When you know some one already bought down a region, and then they claim they will buy it down is a pyramid scheme. Basically he lies to make anyone pay the buy down grandfathered or not, which we cant prove but when the sim is rented and bought down, they loose it or move guess what he charges another buy down lol... so what is he loosing out of pocket? Just gaining.. People may love the lie he has created but he is the biggest scammer I have came across in second life, much less any VR world!

So say what you must, tenant of his or not... His "promos" are a joke, at least if you want to make it sound legit make sure the land agent is educate is all I have to say! Because that is where I dug deeper and did the math, and found those numbers totally incorrect!
1 User Groaned:
Old 06-24-2016, 05:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ponderer

*SLU Supporter*

sigh....FFS

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutaDemon View Post
I understand running a business but scamming people out of money is crocked.. Either way we are all entitled to our own opinion, When you know some one already bought down a region, and then they claim they will buy it down is a pyramid scheme. Basically he lies to make anyone pay the buy down grandfathered or not, which we cant prove but when the sim is rented and bought down, they loose it or move guess what he charges another buy down lol... so what is he loosing out of pocket? Just gaining.. People may love the lie he has created but he is the biggest scammer I have came across in second life, much less any VR world!

So say what you must, tenant of his or not... His "promos" are a joke, at least if you want to make it sound legit make sure the land agent is educate is all I have to say! Because that is where I dug deeper and did the math, and found those numbers totally incorrect!
Coming in here and spouting off that "they are crooked" which you "can't prove" sounds "Real Fishy!" to me.
Kelley Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 06-24-2016, 05:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Out chasing balloons

Soft n furry

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutaDemon View Post
So my friend sends me to Zoha Island today, and I talk to young lady. She tell me if I take land today that I can have for 4995L$. But when I ask about buy down that Zoha Island offer, I then am told it will be 5995L$ weekly. I ask why If I take today and the lady refused to explain to me, and when I ask to speak to her boss... Duece ... She has an EM message me with a blank profile... Real fishy! So needless to say if you want to rent honest land from them, be ready to be screwed because either way they will get you.

What is further sad about their scam is the "Buy down" they offer.... They claim to pay out so much out of pocket but when you do math they make tons of money! This is very sad because the part that blows my mind, is my best friend rents full sim and well, that is a whole story that I wont touch but she too will be leaving because the way the do business. Maybe they will recheck their math after this is read. And to Duece... You need to please talk to your staff they are very misleading with your promos, and claiming your website is part of linden labs. I maybe be young but far from dumb!

Futa? Correct me if wrong, is it that guys pretending to be girls with massive horse throbbing sized tally wackers? or is that Hentai?
often finding myself being somewhat a wee bit curious, young lad
Old 06-24-2016, 05:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Out chasing balloons

Soft n furry

My Mood:
Whatever you do, do not say anything about the Chungs, otherwise the thread will go bye-bye.
This thread has a lot of potential don't risk it
Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Feeling Risky ;)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley Wonder View Post
Coming in here and spouting off that "they are crooked" which you "can't prove" sounds "Real Fishy!" to me.
I cant prove if the sim is grandfathered or not ^_^ Please read the whole statement then just parts, And as far as crocked, Yes! To give one price then another is crocked and bad business. If you offer a price stand by it! You don't go in rl and get a house for one price but then you want to use a discount on it and the price changes at that point. You would be very upset and leave. That is all I'm saying
Old 06-24-2016, 05:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ponderer

*SLU Supporter*

sigh....FFS

My Mood:
ZoHa Islands NEW Up Front Fee Promotion! | ZoHa Islands - Second Life Real Estate Management Since 2007 - Land For Sale - Land For Rent
Kelley Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 06-24-2016, 05:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Particle Laboratory Elf

Re-arranging deck chairs.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jan 15 2004
Business: Light Sorcery

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Sounds like you were offered an incentive, but you wanted something else, and the incentive wasn't transferable.

Did they make promises they refused to honor? Doesn't sound like it.
Did they take your money and not deliver? Doesn't sound like it.

I see no scam here, just someone trying to stir up mischief.

Probably a sockpuppet of some formerly banned malcontent trying to mess with us.
Jopsy Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Agreed:
Old 06-24-2016, 05:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006
Client: Firestorm

The 2 Millionth Post Award 
Looks clear and straight-forward to me. OP has a reading comprehension problem.
Beebo Brink is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 06-24-2016, 06:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

Curmudgeon

SL Join Date: 9/25/2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopsy Pendragon View Post
...Probably a sockpuppet of some formerly banned malcontent trying to mess with us.
Futa, or Biker?

I was going to post a 'Why not Both?' thing, but then this one grabbed my eye, and I think, really, it's at least as good at this point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee Weber View Post
Who would have thought WacoNegraUnpluged Resident would end up being a problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
I'm not going to go into the circular clusterfuck of doom with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robble Rubble View Post
I'll admit it feels bizarre for me to say this but.... STOP FEEDING THE TROLL
Tengu Yamabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 06-24-2016, 06:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fizzy!

Refreshing!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: '06
Business: Darnkeyes!

Awards: 2
Supermodel of the World 
Hyper peens or GTFO.

Ahaha, such a simpleton. It'z so much fun playing jokez on you. I waz only here to see how she waz doing, but I had fun while I waz at it. So long, Sere, au revoir, mon ami! Pleaze dream of moi every night! Oui! ~ Harle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalStrange View Post
That's your own fault. I took your panties out of your mouth pages ago. Now you just like them there.
Lady Darnk Juniorette is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 06-24-2016, 06:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Feeling Risky ;)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopsy Pendragon View Post
Sounds like you were offered an incentive, but you wanted something else, and the incentive wasn't transferable.

Did they make promises they refused to honor? Doesn't sound like it.
Did they take your money and not deliver? Doesn't sound like it.

I see no scam here, just someone trying to stir up mischief.

Probably a sockpuppet of some formerly banned malcontent trying to mess with us.
No sock puppet here just a person stating a fact, and when a price is offered and I quote the sales agent,

- "we can do 4995L per week"

- "The discount is for a limited time offer for today only. But once you accept the price it is for the lifetime you rent with us."

So when I state I will take it but I want to know about the buy down which does not state on his site, or from his sales agent, they are not able to be used together. So back to my point, possibly miss education on the promo or a simple error?

I have no need to "troll" or what have you I just want everyone to see the scheme that is being ran, Just as the buy down pricing. I'm told that its transferable by one agent and the next says "NO"... so again possible they need to button up on policy and education. I cant blame the agent for mis-communication or unknowing of the promo. But charging ever tenant a buy down price when he has already possible received the buy down payment, is scamming because its lying to the renter. He is not loosing out of pocket, he is gaining! And as I said before you have no knowledge if the sim is grandfathered or not, but all his sims are able to be bought down...
Old 06-24-2016, 06:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*

I'm not finished.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008

Is there a sign somewhere online that points to SLU and in large text says GO HERE TO BITCH?
Old 06-24-2016, 06:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

Curmudgeon

SL Join Date: 9/25/2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Xue View Post
Is there a sign somewhere online that points to SLU and in large text says GO HERE TO BITCH?
At least one:

Attached Thumbnails
Scamming Again??-slu_sign.jpg  
Tengu Yamabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Discount

Jesus is coming. Look busy!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: August 21, 2007
Client: Anything But 2
The really great news for Futa is that I will be speaking with Dr. Quandry regarding a Programme of Tutelage for would-be Stirrers of ye Shite and Trollers of All Manner. They will be instructed in A Variety of Thinges for a Tuition which is, when looked at in the proper perspective Really Quite Reasonable, Considering.

With your help, and a little luck, we should see some fast profits and GTFO before the jig is up high quality contributions to the community.

U.S. Only
Casey Pelous is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 06-24-2016, 06:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Out chasing balloons

Soft n furry

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengu Yamabushi View Post
Futa, or Biker?

I was going to post a 'Why not Both?' thing, but then this one grabbed my eye, and I think, really, it's at least as good at this point:

Ok
Old 06-24-2016, 06:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tenacious Twat

SL Join Date: 11/21/05
Client: Firestorm usually

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Xue View Post
Yes. It's called "Cristiano knows how to SE optimize the shit out of this site, suckers."
SalStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 06-24-2016, 07:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Particle Laboratory Elf

My Mood:

Wtf is a "buy down" in a market that doesn't have interest or mortgages?
Old 06-24-2016, 07:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
Out chasing balloons

Soft n furry

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengu Yamabushi View Post
At least one:

Perfect timing!

No offense to Cris as the comment he does deserve better, but my opinion maybe they should just rename this site the Cris Friends Social Network

In over a year, i have witnessed the forum ban n run off hundreds of people with many of them being your friends, who just happen to be the same people who log in to support Second Life in existence every day.
some of you, are only helping kill the place faster, but you do not care, being you have not logged into the grid in years.

I have told my friends in Inworldz, it really does not matter how bad SLU treats the grid,its nothing compared to how they treat each other and the quickly drying up older residents who once made second life great, it might be 100x more damaging.

Taken Raindrops advice! thank you n goodbye!

honesty, when i want to screw over a friend, i invite them to join SLU!

P.S anyone else miss Pancake, she had a great sense of humor.

So long!
1 User Likes This:
Old 06-24-2016, 07:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Out chasing balloons

Soft n furry

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker View Post
Perfect timing!

No offense to Cris as the comment he does deserve better, but my opinion maybe they should just rename this site the Cris Friends Social Network

In over a year, i have witnessed the forum ban n run off hundreds of people with many of them being your friends, who just happen to be the same people who log in to support Second Life in existence every day.
some of you, are only helping kill the place faster, but you do not care, being you have not logged into the grid in years.

I have told my friends in Inworldz, it really does not matter how bad SLU treats the grid,its nothing compared to how they treat each other and the quickly drying up older residents who once made second life great, it might be 100x more damaging.

Taken Raindrops advice! thank you n goodbye!

honesty, when i want to screw over a friend, i invite them to join SLU!

P.S anyone else miss Pancake, she had a great sense of humor.

So long!
Quotes for prosperity
Old 06-24-2016, 07:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Tainted Tigar

I is sawrry, but I dun' prey taht wai!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: July 5, 2006
Client: Dun' compromise mai privacies!

I rent a 1/4 sim from Zoha, and I've known of them for years as Mai SL sis useta work for them as an estate mangler and land artist. The estate manglers have never been anything but professional and helpfull, nu scams offered. Get a grip on yaself.

He ain' wrong.

If the seasons is spices, then winter is cumin
Dickie Swansong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
Fizzy!

Refreshing!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: '06
Business: Darnkeyes!

Supermodel of the World 
I'm not getting the hyper weeners, am I?
Lady Darnk Juniorette is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
2 Users Hugged You:
Old 06-24-2016, 07:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Particle Laboratory Elf

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker View Post
Quotes for prosperity
Quote it for your posterior for all care...