Nobody Cares! (TV and Film Edition) - Page 2 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > TV & Film » Nobody Cares! (TV and Film Edition)

Sponsor:
Wicked Muses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #26 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Jacobs View Post
I'm actually pleased about this. I think the show's pretty well run its course.
Don't say that!!!!!

I still love the show. I guess now that Deb knows, either she joins in/covers for him or turns him in/kills him? With the RL divorce, I guess it couldn't go much longer anyway.

Everything must come to an end, and more will come on to take its place. I still don't have to like it!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:02 AM   #27 (permalink)

My Mood:
Well To be Fair.. MOST (not all but /most/) Showtime series don't last more than 5 and in the case of extremely popular series (the L word, and Dexter now) they get a 6th season.. And Then Now Dexter.. I think is going into it's 7th season? So it's lucky! Sadly I don't have Showtime anymore. I loved Dexter.
Tonks Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
"jon" he does it!!

Just started watching the West Wing. really enjoyable so far. Martin Sheen would be a good president!
Richie Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 2005
Client: Firestorm
Send a message via MSN to bladyblue Send a message via Yahoo to bladyblue Send a message via Skype™ to bladyblue
BRAND X

Did anyone survive sitting through the entire premiere of Russell Brand's new show? I lasted eleven minutes. It was excruciating. At least it can't get any worse.

Nobody Cares! (TV and Film Edition)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341022773.029541.jpg
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain...Time to die.-Roy Batty

Last edited by bladyblue; 06-29-2012 at 09:32 PM.
bladyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #30 (permalink)

My Mood:

Awards: 1
Gaming Guru 
10 minute video starring Thomas Jane and Ron Perlman.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:00 AM   #31 (permalink)
Pluviophile

Meshing Around

My Mood:
Business: CMFF
I recently got a free month of Netflix and while looking for something to watch I tried the first episode of Raising Hope... and then over the course of a week gorged myself on all 22 episodes of the first season. No show has ever made me laugh out loud so often. Absolutely brilliant writing and an amazing cast. Martha Plimpton and Cloris Leachman are especially hilarious.I think this is hands down my favorite sitcom ever.
Chip Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Yay!:
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 08-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #32 (permalink)

My Mood:

Gaming Guru 
Epic Games HQ building in Cary, North Carolina is being used in Iron Man 3 as the HQ of A.I.M. (Advanced Idea Mechanics.)

Christmas in Miami at AIM: ‘Iron Man 3′ filming in Cary, NC – Day 1 | Reel Movie Nation
Edav Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:00 AM   #33 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

SL Join Date: 2007-02-06
Woo!

ETA: (hum. I got distracted by the spoiler being revealed in the new posts list in the overview and trying to figure out how to fix that. What I wanted to say was: )

TV has been showing X-Files reruns, three episodes every morning, for several months now and it actually holds up rather well. I probably am being a bit sentimental, but still, it's rather enjoyable.

Last edited by Similar McMillan; 08-21-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Similar McMillan is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 08-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #34 (permalink)

I stand between.

My Mood:
The Republican Party needs to end now. You've fucked everything up. All your representatives are assholes and your primitive ideas are holding our country back. You are all utterly and completely worthless and irredeemable, and you hate human beings, America, and the planet we all share.
Seyla Warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
Evil Incarnate!

Recursion is beautiful!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2003-11-14
Business: Peregrine Salon
Send a message via Yahoo to FlipperPA Peregrine
BTW, the second season of Falling Skies was pretty damn good, IMHO. I like where they're headed.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #36 (permalink)
Neko-licious™

*SLU Supporter*

Crumpet Khaleesi

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 8/8/06

Awards: 2
Uber Rare Teal Furby 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edav Nomad View Post
I started watching both Farscape and Battlestar Galatica on Netflix the last few weeks. I started watching one episode of each a day but now I'm more into Battlestar Galatica. Already through most of season two.
You're wrong. Farscape is the better show.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #37 (permalink)

My Mood:

Gaming Guru 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Launay View Post
You're wrong. Farscape is the better show.
Got through about half of season three of Battlestar Galatica and then promptly lost interest in it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star Trek fans rescue Enterprise-D bridge, plan to restore it to former glory -- Engadget

They plan to use Kickstarter to get the funds to restore it.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #38 (permalink)

I stand between.

My Mood:
Just finished watching Enterprise through the end of season 3, and it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I still didn't like the Xindi or the random out of nowhere transdimiensional women aliens. And apparently the Suliban just disappeared from the universe entirely.

But it was really nice seeing the crew start to crack under pressure, the ship get beat up to crap and not magically fixed the next episode, and people actually getting desperate. Little touches like that drew me in quite a bit.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #39 (permalink)

My Mood:

Gaming Guru 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyla Warden View Post
Just finished watching Enterprise through the end of season 3, and it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I still didn't like the Xindi or the random out of nowhere transdimiensional women aliens. And apparently the Suliban just disappeared from the universe entirely.

But it was really nice seeing the crew start to crack under pressure, the ship get beat up to crap and not magically fixed the next episode, and people actually getting desperate. Little touches like that drew me in quite a bit.
After watching it awhile I thought of it as an alternate universe Star Trek that started after the Star Trek movie First Contact since the Borg were in an episode. The Ferengi were in one too but there were never supposedly seen til ST:TNG.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
1 User Agreed:
Old 09-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #40 (permalink)

I stand between.

My Mood:
The Newsroom is awesome and I wish we actually had a show like that in reality.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #41 (permalink)

Getting Back There

My Mood:
Client: Exodus

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyla Warden View Post

I really liked Enterprise. It was such a refreshing change from the anal and perfect Federation post TNG (sorry, I know, but I hated DS9, Ferengi make me throw up in my mouth). Voyager was a neat idea but a little too.... I don't know, forced? After awhile it was like watching another Captain Aha...err Picar...err Janewa....

I watched the pilot of the new Abrams show, Revolution and kind of felt like crying. Can we get just one, really good post-apoc shows?
Wrong Weatherwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #42 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

SL Join Date: 2007-02-06
Just watched Prometheus and spent most of the movie wondering why it is that some movies, like Alien and Aliens and even the lesser movies in the series, can manage to very quickly make their characters seem like real people and then a lot of especially newer ones, like Prometheus, just completely fail to make you care about the characters at any point.

At one point it could sort of be explained, some, by the focus on new CGI technology and effects, but that doesn't really work anymore.
Similar McMillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #43 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
Send a message via MSN to bladyblue Send a message via Yahoo to bladyblue Send a message via Skype™ to bladyblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Weatherwax View Post
I watched the pilot of the new Abrams show, Revolution and kind of felt like crying. Can we get just one, really good post-apoc shows?
Check out 'The Book of Eli'. I feel that film got it right.

Nobody Cares! (TV and Film Edition)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348184760.249046.jpg
1 User Agreed:
Old 09-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #44 (permalink)

I finally got it all together, but now I forget where I put it.

My Mood:
I've been watching X-Files on Netflix. Hubby doesn't like it though. He says it's weird. I said that's the point.

And there is a picture from the Downton FB page that I want to share on mine, but all my American friends will scream at me about spoilers.
Zaida Gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #45 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
I watched the pilot of VEGAS. I like. Cowboys and gangsters - can't go wrong there.

Nobody Cares! (TV and Film Edition)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348674638.309856.jpg
Old 09-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #46 (permalink)

I stand between.

My Mood:
Due to some really dodgy wiring decisions made when my apartment complex was wired up (my apartment is the very last one in the cable line, don't ask me why it's snaked all around like that) I was without internet for a couple weeks until I could get a technician out to poke around in the proprietary Cable Box(tm).

So I watched 4 seasons of Breaking Bad and have started on Odyssey 5 and the Witchblade TV series.

Breaking Bad is a really damn good show.
1 User Agreed:
Old 09-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
TV Guide did a survey and some of the sure-fire hits emerged

Nobody Cares! (TV and Film Edition)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348957753.780802.jpg
Old 09-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #48 (permalink)

My Mood:

Gaming Guru 
Watched The Avengers a few days ago and it was better than I thought it would be. My parents watched it a few days later and my Dad only feel sleep during it once so it must be good. lol

Last edited by Edav Nomad; 09-29-2012 at 06:53 PM.
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Laughed:
Old 09-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #49 (permalink)

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
My father sent me Persuasion (TV 2007) - IMDb and said, ''You must watch this! It was written by someone named Jane Austen, do you know her? Anyway, nice love story.''

My Dad. He's just now discovered Jane Austen at 84. I find it endearing that he liked the movie, and love stories.
Isabeau Imako is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Awww:
1 User Likes This:
Old 09-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #50 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
OK. So here is the plan tonight;

Channel 2 (CBS) looks the most appealing tonight. Amazing Race (won an Emmy this year), The Good Wife and the Mentalist.

I'll record The Mentalist and watch the premiere of 666 Park Avenue. I also recorded Once Upon A Time.

I can watch Showtime shows anytime, so Dexter and Homeland can wait until later this week.

Last edited by bladyblue; 09-30-2012 at 08:18 PM.