Don't Hug Me I'm Scared coming to TV - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > TV & Film » Don't Hug Me I'm Scared coming to TV

Sponsor:
Wicked Muses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2018, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Myf
McMahon

Pop!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March '07
Business: The Kino Haus
Client: the one you hate

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Don't Hug Me I'm Scared coming to TV

Yes, that loveable puppet web series that envisages Sesame Street colliding with In the Mouth of Madness is trying to make the jump to cable/streaming TV. No word yet on which service, but apparently there's a pilot being shopped around.

I'm pretty excited for this. The original shorts were kind of my jam and so more of their particular brand of off-kilter nightmare fuel will be very welcome.

Myf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Awards: 1
I'm conflicted about this. Well....not really conflicted; but the original video series told a story from beginning to end, and it seemed complete to me - there's no loose ends or anything. I'm kinda wondering what direction the TV show will take the idea.
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Myf
McMahon

Pop!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March '07
Business: The Kino Haus
Client: the one you hate

Awards: 2
They kind of tell a story. I mean, it's only really the last two or three that show a strong narrative link. The earlier ones have scenes that in hindsight could be seen as foreshadowing, but I do think there's a lot less coherency than folks generally attribute...

Now having said that, while I don't think there was a really strong narrative, what was there had a definite ending. While it's obviously difficult to tell these things based on a 30 second clip, my assumption is the makers are approaching this as a prequel. They're returning to, and expanding upon, the world implied by the first couple of webisodes. Whether or not they then take things down the same track as the webseries, or spin off in a new, equally as nightmarish direction, we'll only find out if the project comes to fruition.
Myf is offline   Reply With Quote