SL Life Hack: How to handle no copy Objects very easy and fast | Part 1/ 2 - Page 2 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Development Discussion and Support > Tutorials » SL Life Hack: How to handle no copy Objects very easy and fast | Part 1/ 2

Tutorials A place to share tutorials for content creation and virtual world usage.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2017, 05:59 PM   #26 (permalink)

( Benny Spingflower )

SL Join Date: 27.09.2009
Client: Firestorm ( of course )
thank you very much ...
Benny Spingflower is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Likes This:
Old 01-25-2017, 06:08 PM   #27 (permalink)

Wanted for Makeup Crimes

Location: Faery Crossing, Angel Manor, New Babbage, Europa Wulfenbach
My Mood:
SL Join Date: Feb 2008
Business: Dark Alice, HorrorAddicts.net
Client: Firestorm, Crystal Ball
My advice is to put your helpful videos on a new channel away from your previous trolling and griefing videos and to make just one thread here on the forum for all of your tutorials and then update it instead of making one thread per new video.
There is not enough discussion to need a new thread for each video.
Fauve Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 01-25-2017, 06:09 PM   #28 (permalink)

( Benny Spingflower )

thank you very much
Old 01-25-2017, 06:12 PM   #29 (permalink)

( Benny Spingflower )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauve Aeon View Post
My advice is to put your helpful videos on a new channel away from your previous trolling and griefing videos and to make just one thread here on the forum for all of your tutorials and then update it instead of making one thread per new video.
There is not enough discussion to need a new thread for each video.
hm you know you have really a point there ... I really thought about deleting those videos, because to be honest the " life hacks " are more fun anyways .. and even tho I did many stupid things in my sl ( without recording it ) I really think that i am just to shy for such videos ... or i am getting too old for those kind of things
Old 01-25-2017, 06:19 PM   #30 (permalink)

Wanted for Makeup Crimes

My Mood:
You can have more than one YouTube channel now but it is an idea in recent years to try to show more of the good side of SL on YouTube and not just troll videos making the biggest impression to new people or non-users. If it were me, I would delete them. Your new tutorial content should be helpful to some newbies but on this forum, not very many of us are newbies.
If you put all your updates in one thread here, people who dislike your videos can just ignore that thread so they don't ever see it.
1 User Likes This:
Old 01-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #31 (permalink)

( Benny Spingflower )

I have listed the videos which I concider to be " bad " now to privat .. so there are not shown on my channel page anymore, I did not want to make another troll video anyways . and yes you are right .. one thread for all the videos is better I think
2 Users Like This:
Old 01-25-2017, 08:15 PM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 1
The 2 Millionth Post Award 
Quote:
My advice is to put your helpful videos on a new channel away from your previous trolling and griefing videos....
It's those griefing videos that raised alarm bells for me and I've frankly been very wary of this new person precisely because of that association. We get griefers and trolls here on the forums ALL THE TIME and an impersonal name like "SLFunandRandomThings" with no avatar further underscores the impression that this person is here for another agenda than joining a SL community.

Kudos to those of you who are giving this deliberately anonymous person the benefit of the doubt, but I'm still wary.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:19 PM   #33 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*

I'm just a girl, with some horns

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Am I the only one to notice that the capitalization in the OP's name sounds like SLOWFART?
Old 01-25-2017, 08:38 PM   #34 (permalink)

Wanted for Makeup Crimes

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo Brink View Post
Kudos to those of you who are giving this deliberately anonymous person the benefit of the doubt, but I'm still wary.
I am wary too, any time I see trolling, so I wanted to see how they would respond when it's directly addressed. Time will tell and we will watch and see...
Old 01-25-2017, 08:46 PM   #35 (permalink)
Not a Supervillian

Quo.

My Mood:
Filling in your profile is a good way to demonstrate sincerity and let the community get to know you. It buys a fair bit of credibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMTWNBBFN
We face an unprecedented moment in this country. Today's greatest threat is not climate change, not pollution, not flood or fire. It's that we've got people in charge of important shit who don't believe in science.

Harrison Ford

Last edited by Veritable Quandry; 01-26-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Veritable Quandry is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-25-2017, 09:29 PM   #36 (permalink)
But it refused. <3

*SLU Supporter*

I'm a regular Victor Victoria

Anyone know how to delete visitor messages off the profile?
Old 01-25-2017, 10:49 PM   #37 (permalink)

Wanted for Makeup Crimes

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilah Hauptmann View Post
Anyone know how to delete visitor messages off the profile?
Report as RUDE?

With a
Old 01-25-2017, 11:06 PM   #38 (permalink)
But it refused. <3

*SLU Supporter*

I'm a regular Victor Victoria

Quote:
Report as RUDE?

With a
I'm not even mad, I'm
Kamilah Hauptmann is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Old 01-26-2017, 05:02 AM   #39 (permalink)

( Benny Spingflower )

hi again ....

Okay I think you are all right. I have updated my profile here.
And the griefing / trolling videos, okay i can understand that those made you wary
i have listed those to privat, so no one is able to access them anymore
even tho I have to say that i have had permission to do them, well of some at least

I really hope that it was the right desicion from me to update my profile now
oh btw feel free to IM me inworld to verify that it is me if you dont believe me, what i could understand

i really hope that you are not too mad at me
and to those who gave me a benefit of a doubt thank you

greetings benny

Last edited by Benny Spingflower; 01-26-2017 at 05:06 AM. Reason: typo
2 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Likes This:
Old 01-26-2017, 06:14 AM   #40 (permalink)
Fuzzlebugs Finkmellon

haz dem bodacious ta-tas

My Mood:
SL Join Date: September 2009
Client: Singularity

It's the fact that several of us very politely and diplomatically mentioned to the OP in one of his other 'fun facts' threads (SL LIfe Hack: How to get free money Part 2 - ( faster )) that maybe - just maybe - he may be posting the wrong types of info videos in the wrong forum. And we also - very politely - advised the reasons for this - the fact that a large majority of forum members here are actually very old hand SL residents and therefore well aware of all these rather out-dated 'life hacks'.

I notice that our comments and advice on that post seem to have been ignored, so I'm a little surprised at the shock and outrage being thrown about by the OP here, being as the reasons for the rather cynical responses have already been clearly explained.
Cristiano
The first rule of Pope Club is you don't talk about Pope Club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrinB View Post
Anouk: "Proudly shackling the genie-arses of abnormal men!"
Anouk is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-26-2017, 06:40 AM   #41 (permalink)

( Benny Spingflower )

it was suppose to be here ... sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anouk View Post
It's the fact that several of us very politely and diplomatically mentioned to the OP in one of his other 'fun facts' threads (SL LIfe Hack: How to get free money Part 2 - ( faster )) that maybe - just maybe - he may be posting the wrong types of info videos in the wrong forum. And we also - very politely - advised the reasons for this - the fact that a large majority of forum members here are actually very old hand SL residents and therefore well aware of all these rather out-dated 'life hacks'.

I notice that our comments and advice on that post seem to have been ignored, so I'm a little surprised at the shock and outrage being thrown about by the OP here, being as the reasons for the rather cynical responses have already been clearly explained.
i am sorry but just because something is old it does not really mean that it is obsolete and/or everyone is knowing about. And look .. even if everyone here is knowing about those things, maybe you will meet someday someone who does not, and struggles with things I explain in those videos and you could tell them about them and or show them to them.
and I am not doing those videos exclusive for this forum, in fact only 19 % of the views I have gotten so far are from here. And if no one would be interested in the videos no one would click on them and watch them (my overall watchtime percentage is okay). The like dislike ratio is okay too, so that means I helped some people. And hey, I have 20 subscribers, I know it does not sound a lot but that is something I am very happy about . Sure my videos are not the best but i am enjoying making them very much.

And yes you suggested something in other threads, but what are the current problems? and please do not forget that I am only able to do videos about things I have, for example I do not have a bento mesh body, so making a video outfit is not possible for me. I am not willing to invest any money in the videos YET, because it is just a hobby for me.

And I did apologize for my behavior from yesterday. And I did took some suggestions as you can see in my latest video.
1 User Hugged You:
Old 01-26-2017, 07:01 AM   #42 (permalink)
Fuzzlebugs Finkmellon

haz dem bodacious ta-tas

My Mood:
SL Join Date: September 2009
Client: Singularity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLFunandRandomThings View Post
it was suppose to be here ... sorry

i am sorry but just because something is old it does not really mean that it is obsolete and/or everyone is knowing about. And look .. even if everyone here is knowing about those things, maybe you will meet someday someone who does not, and struggles with things I explain in those videos and you could tell them about them and or show them to them.
and I am not doing those videos exclusive for this forum, in fact only 19 % of the views I have gotten so far are from here. And if no one would be interested in the videos no one would click on them and watch them (my overall watchtime percentage is okay). The like dislike ratio is okay too, so that means I helped some people. And hey, I have 20 subscribers, I know it does not sound a lot but that is something I am very happy about . Sure my videos are not the best but i am enjoying making them very much.

And yes you suggested something in other threads, but what are the current problems? and please do not forget that I am only able to do videos about things I have, for example I do not have a bento mesh body, so making a video outfit is not possible for me. I am not willing to invest any money in the videos YET, because it is just a hobby for me.

And I did apologize for my behavior from yesterday. And I did took some suggestions as you can see in my latest video.
I do understand what you're trying to do, and honestly, I'm the first to stand up and support 'old' info, because as you quite rightly say, not everyone is aware of this stuff and not everyone is an oldbie who's been in SL since the dawn of time. I didn't mean to seem like I was attacking you.

You have taken on board some of the comments from other forum members, particularly the one about combining all your video posts into one thread - that way you're not filling the forum with dozens of individual threads, plus you're keeping everything in one place for those readers who do want to follow your tutorials.

I appreciate that making the videos must be hard work and time consuming and I'm not disparaging your work at all. I think we're all just more concerned that you don't waste your time. With respect, it probably doesn't help that you're not very up-to-date with the current issues concerning SL, as my personal feelings are that posting 'how to' tutorials on things that genuinely are becoming, or already are, obsolete or outdated isn't really all that helpful - either to new users, who should be learning how to use SL as it is now (and not how it was many years ago), or to yourself, as you're investing a lot of work and effort in doing something that is out-of date. And don't forget that there are already hundreds of how-to videos for the old stuff that you're posting. But if that's what you know best, then I guess that's all you can write about.

So my comments are not meant as an attack on you at all. And by all means keep doing what you're doing if it makes you happy and if you are managing to find new users who are getting a benefit from your videos
Anouk is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Agreed: