Ebbe Altberg on Setting Priorities for New Features for Sansar - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Sansar » Ebbe Altberg on Setting Priorities for New Features for Sansar

Sansar Discuss Linden Lab's Sansar project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2017, 08:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ryan Schultz, Sansar

Hanging Out in Sansar

My Mood:
Ebbe Altberg on Setting Priorities for New Features for Sansar

Editorial: Linden Lab CEO Ebbe Altberg responds to overwhelming requests for new features in Sansar:†

https://sansarnewsblog.wordpress.com...es-for-sansar/
Quiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 12-30-2017, 08:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rabblerouser

*SLU Supporter*

edible

My Mood:
SL Join Date: February, 2007

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiplash View Post
Editorial: Linden Lab CEO Ebbe Altberg responds to overwhelming requests for new features in Sansar:†

https://sansarnewsblog.wordpress.com...es-for-sansar/
Instead of being a shill bot for Sansar (Linden Lab drone whoever you are) it would be tons more persuasive for you to come out from behind the curtain and actually PARTICIPATE in thread conversations.
shy poster is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Groaned:
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
4 Users Agreed:
Old 12-30-2017, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*

*whrr* *beep* DEAL WITH IT

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008

Awards: 2
Shy is not so shy with the opinions.
Free Xue is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 12-30-2017, 09:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ryan Schultz, Sansar

Hanging Out in Sansar

My Mood:
Iíve been active on SLUniverse for years now. Whatís your point?
1 User Groaned:
2 Users Laughed:
Old 12-30-2017, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
SLU Fluffer

Cock Chafer

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
Client: Catznip or the Official but I dabble in others

The Penis Handler 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shy poster View Post
Instead of being a shill bot for Sansar (Linden Lab drone whoever you are) it would be tons more persuasive for you to come out from behind the curtain and actually PARTICIPATE in thread conversations.
Thank goodness someone finally said something. Itís not like SLU to let a post that has no content other than repeating the text of the title go without pointing it out, especially when it happens over and over, and the link is the OPs own blog. However since most have been quietly clicking the links without complaint about the low effort or contribution this OP makes to a DISCUSSION board, Iíd figured people must be so interested in Sansar news they were letting this go. Even if blog post pimping without even a token comment or snippet to generate conversation is cool here now, at least one person said something and itís not just me so thank you Shy.
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Agreed:
1 User Disagreed:
Old 12-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tenacious Twat

SL Join Date: 11/21/05
Client: Firestorm usually

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Quote:
Iíve been active on SLUniverse for years now. Whatís your point?
If you've been active here at all you'll understand that most posters consider using the forum for stanning for Linden Lab and self promotion to be tacky. Couple that with your trashing the forum while you're doing it and many posters may also consider you an asshole.
SalStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
3 Users Agreed:
Old 12-30-2017, 10:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ryan Schultz, Sansar

Hanging Out in Sansar

My Mood:
Well it looks like Iíve worn out my welcome. I do apologize and I wonít bother cross posting from my blog to here anymore. Some posts have generated discussion but not all. Anyway Iím done.
2 Users Said Yay!:
2 Users Hugged You:
Old 12-30-2017, 10:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tenacious Twat

Quote:
Well it looks like Iíve worn out my welcome. I do apologize and I wonít bother cross posting from my blog to here anymore. Some posts have generated discussion but not all. Anyway Iím done.
How curious. You mean you're not going to put your thinking cap on and come up with cool ways to engage better with the forum? Just going to sit on your ass and make passive aggressive pouts about wearing out your welcome?

Hmmm.
2 Users Laughed:
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 12-30-2017, 10:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
SLU Fluffer

Cock Chafer

My Mood:

The Penis Handler 
Quote:
Well it looks like I’ve worn out my welcome. I do apologize and I won’t bother cross posting from my blog to here anymore. Some posts have generated discussion but not all. Anyway I’m done.
You could always copy paste some of your blog post content with the link. That would look more like an attempt to discuss and less like an attempt for traffic. Or you could write some of your thoughts or opinions in your threads instead of just a link.

To be honest I think the reason some of your threads haven’t generated discussion is because some of us don’t want to click your link because of this pattern. Personally, if I respond to one of your threads, it’s to something a community member wrote here, not something I read in your blog.
2 Users Agreed:
2 Users Like This:
Old 12-30-2017, 10:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tenacious Twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancake View Post
You could always copy paste some of your blog post content with the link. That would look more like an attempt to discuss and less like an attempt for traffic. Or you could write some of your thoughts or opinions in your threads instead of just a link.

To be honest I think the reason some of your threads havenít generated discussion is because some of us donít want to click your link because of this pattern. Personally, if I respond to one of your threads, itís to something a community member wrote here, not something I read in your blog.
Here are some key passages from his latest nugget:

Quote:
Linden Lab is in a tough spot. They often get lambasted by their users for not doing things right. Theyíre a relatively small company with limited staff resources, trying to set priorities and facing an overwhelming number of requests from an admittedly demanding audience. (And letís face it, users of virtual worlds are a very, very demanding bunch and theyíre not shy about criticizing Linden Lab and its products. You only have to read some of the unending negative commentary about Sansar on SLUniverse and the official Second Life user forums to see that.)
Quote:
So donít just sit on your asses and complain about how Linden Lab isnít listening to you! Put your thinking caps on, and letís see some activity in the Feature Requests section! Letís see some cool ideas!!
Ironically, a large portion of his post is about asking his blog readers to upvote a suggestion he's made in the Sansar Feature Request area. If he'd simply made a thread asking others to support the suggestion here, he'd probably have gotten some help and a positive response. But then he wouldn't get to lecture.
1 User Hugged You:
3 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Agreed:
Old 12-30-2017, 10:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
SLU Fluffer

Cock Chafer

My Mood:

The Penis Handler 
I withdraw my advice. Clearly not posting the content of his blog here for discussion was a purposeful decision and not an oversight.

Last edited by Pancake; 12-30-2017 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Added missing word
Pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Agreed:
Old 12-30-2017, 10:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Tenacious Twat

Quote:
I withdraw my advice. Clearly not posting the content of his blog here for discussion was a purposeful decision and not an oversight.
When I first started posting here it was only because this was where the topic I was interested in was under discussion. I had little respect for the forum or its members and didn't care to. But I also didn't clutch pearls when others rightly regarded me as just using the forum for my own purposes.

Playing the ass and then pouting about it when you're called out is tedious.
2 Users Agreed:
Old 12-30-2017, 10:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
SLU Fluffer

Cock Chafer

My Mood:

The Penis Handler 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalStrange View Post
When I first started posting here it was only because this was where the topic I was interested in was under discussion. I had little respect for the forum or its members and didn't care to. But I also didn't clutch pearls when others rightly regarded me as just using the forum for my own purposes.

Playing the ass and then pouting about it when you're called out is tedious.
I confess I use SLU for my own purposes as well. Binding you all to me with my quirky charm and sarcastic wit. I can’t reveal my end game yet, but stick around, it will be spectacular

Oh and welcome back by the way. I saw a few of your posts and knew you were back but missed your actual return.
1 User Said Yay!:
2 Users Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Like This:
Old 12-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Thread Killer

SL Join Date: May 2007

I feel like y’all are taking your distain for Sansar out on Quiplash. It’s ok to be obsessed with things, doesn’t make you a shill. No one yells at Edav for doing nothing but talking about Microsoft.

If not for Quiplash, this board would be have no threads at all. If there is a different discussion you’d like to have about Sansar, why not start a thread?,
Adeon Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
1 User Said Thanks:
3 Users Disagreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 12-30-2017, 11:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Tenacious Twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeon Writer View Post
I feel like yíall are taking your distain for Sansar out on Quiplash.
My disdain is based on what he wrote. But thanks for trying to explain my motives to me.
3 Users Agreed:
Old 12-30-2017, 11:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
SLU Fluffer

Cock Chafer

My Mood:

The Penis Handler 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeon Writer View Post
I feel like y’all are taking your distain for Sansar out on Quiplash. It’s ok to be obsessed with things, doesn’t make you a shill. No one yells at Edav for doing nothing but talking about Microsoft.

If not for Quiplash, this board would be have no threads at all. If there is a different discussion you’d like to have about Sansar, why not start a thread?,
You are incorrect in your assessment of my disdain.

My disdain is not of Sansar, but of creating threads with no content except a link and not returning to respond to replies it does generate or engage in discussion. We’ve all done it from time to time, but it’s not usually a link to our own blogs, and rarely a pattern like this. This type of behaviour, the link bomb and run, has been called out in SLU before in areas other than Sansar.

Quiplash is more than capable of starting a legitimate discussion thread with content if he wanted to, and as Sal pointed out would probably get a lot of responses.

Eta to be clear, again, starting threads to discuss and promote Sansar would be great. Starting threads to spam your blog links? Well there is a different section for that, or FeedMe.

Last edited by Pancake; 12-30-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Like This:
Old 12-30-2017, 11:23 AM   #17 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: June 2007
Client: Firestorm

Quote:
I confess I use SLU for my own purposes as well. Binding you all to me with my quirky charm and sarcastic wit. I canít reveal my end game yet, but stick around, it will be spectacular

Quick everyone gather around, Pancake is going to reveal her spectacular 'end game' to us!

(╯į□į)╯︵ ┻━┻
crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Laughed:
Old 12-30-2017, 11:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
Rabblerouser

*SLU Supporter*

edible

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy View Post
Quick everyone gather around, Pancake is going to reveal her spectacular 'end game' to us!

Not even Jack Belvedere has seen that!
Old 12-30-2017, 11:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
Tenacious Twat

Let me be crystal clear about something before the accusations about hive mind and start bringing out more “poor Quiplash” nonsense.

I think most people (as Pancake pointed out) have been receptive, accepting, and/or indifferent to Quiplash’s stanning and bomb posting when it was at least somewhat in the service of passing along information about Sansar. The fact that he hasn’t been called out for his hit and run style until now indicates people felt his intentions were likely positive or harmless and it is a project many are, presumably, interested in here.

But this thread wasn’t started based on a bombing run to merely pass on information. It’s a link to an opinion piece written on his own blog that asserts, among other things:

1. SLU is a bunch of demanding complainers;
2. People that participate in virtual worlds are largely just a bunch of demanding complainers;
3. Linden Lab should expect free labor from their user base;
4. His personal feature suggestion should be voted up;
5. People who have a skeptical view of Sansar should get off their asses and give Linden Lab creative free labor instead of being negative nancies.

When you write an opinion piece like that you are putting yourself up for discussion. It’s not like he posted a general link about Sansar implementing a new feature and is getting flack for it.

If you’re going to write an asshole opinion, you should be prepared to be called an asshole. If that makes you slink off in a pout about wearing out your welcome, so be it. If you want to defend him, fine, but don’t assign fucking motives to other people. Quiplash put evaluation of himself and his motives on the table by making his opinion the subject of the thread — an opinion that includes passing judgement on others. It’s no one’s fault he doesn’t own big boy pants to take the pushback when he writes about other people on this forum being lazy, uncreative, demanding, and overly critical and acting like they owe Linden Lab a break and positive engagement on their latest shiny thing.

Last edited by SalStrange; 12-30-2017 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Grammar, okay. Fucking grammar.
1 User Laughed:
2 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Likes This:
Old 12-30-2017, 11:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
Squirrelly

Pancakes for all!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 24, 2006
Client: Frestorm, Singularity, Official

In simpler terms: Don't poop where you eat.
Beezle Warburton is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 12-30-2017, 11:57 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy View Post

Will it involve syrup?
Wanda Belinda is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Yay!:
4 Users Laughed:
Old 12-30-2017, 12:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Rabblerouser

*SLU Supporter*

edible

My Mood:

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle Warburton View Post
In simpler terms: Don't poop where you eat.
Don't Poop where you Promote. fify
1 User Laughed:
Old 12-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalStrange View Post
How curious. You mean you're not going to put your thinking cap on and come up with cool ways to engage better with the forum? Just going to sit on your ass and make passive aggressive pouts about wearing out your welcome?
That does it, I've been going about things all wrong. SOMEONE BRING ME MY LA-Z-BOY RECLINA-ROCKER.
1 User Laughed:
1 User Agreed:
2 Users Like This:
Old 12-30-2017, 12:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda Belinda View Post
Will it involve syrup?
I need a purr reaction button.
2 Users Laughed:
2 Users Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 12-30-2017, 12:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
Squirrelly

Pancakes for all!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 24, 2006
Client: Frestorm, Singularity, Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Xue View Post
That does it, I've been going about things all wrong. SOMEONE BRING ME MY LA-Z-BOY RECLINA-ROCKER.
Beezle Warburton is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
2 Users Like This: