Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Miami, FL
| Description: |
This light and fresh tasting pasta salad gives you the healthy benefits of summer vegetables and herbs with very little effort. It is lighter than most pasta dishes yet still full of flavor for a perfect summer meal. 238 calories per serving.
|Other: ||Ingredients: |
- ¼ lb fusilli pasta, (corkscrew)
- 1 large bunch asparagus
- ½ medium onion, minced
- ½ basket cherry tomatoes
- 5-6 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 TBS chopped fresh basil
- 1 TBS chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt, cracked black pepper to taste
- *optional 4 oz goat cheese
- Cut asparagus into 1 inch lengths, (remove bottom fourth and discard)
- Quarter cherry tomatoes and gently squeeze to remove seeds.
- Cook pasta according to instructions on package.
- While pasta is cooking prepare rest of the ingredients.
- Place everything but asparagus in a bowl and set aside.
- When pasta is about 3 minutes from being done, add asparagus to cooking pasta. (If asparagus is thick you may want to add at 4 minutes. Or if it is thin, add at 2 minutes. 3 minutes is for medium thick asparagus.)
- Drain and rinse in cold water through colander when done. Make sure it drains well so it doesn't dilute flavor.
- Toss with rest of ingredients, and season with salt and pepper.