CBS News: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » CBS News: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
Lionheart Virtual Estate - Experience the Difference!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Grand Cabal Leader

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Dec 2002
Business: ANOmations
Client: Viewer 2
Send a message via Yahoo to Cristiano Send a message via Skype™ to Cristiano
CBS News: Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails

Republicans Altered Benghazi Emails, CBS News Report Claims

Cristiano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Haggis Wrangler

*SLU Supporter*

Wibble!

Business: .::Poise::. Poses
Oh this should be fun
Mojo Skytower is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
1 User Disagreed:
Old 05-17-2013, 12:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
bunneh extraordinaire

Can't sleep, furries will eat me..

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 08/16/2004
Business: nunyuh
Send a message via AIM to Fox Stirling
color me surprised
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Fox Stirling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Waiting

Got my mo ho ho jo workin'

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2/29/2008

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
The scandals lately all seem so reminiscent of Lewinsky and Iraq. I have to wonder if they all have more to do with Syria than anything else.

Peter Beinart on Netanyahu

Quote:
But the problem with this more charitable analysis is that Netanyahu has been brazenly intervening in American politics—often with an eye to screwing Democratic presidents—since long before he became obsessed with Iran. It’s just the way he rolls. In 1989, as Israel’s deputy foreign minister, Netanyahu pushed Congress so hard to scuttle the nascent dialogue between the United States and the PLO that James Baker briefly had him banned from the State Department. In 1998, three days after the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke, Netanyahu, in a previous stint as Israel’s prime minister, addressed a rally organized by Clinton tormenter Jerry Falwell. Falwell later said, “It was all planned by Netanyahu as an affront to Clinton,” who was pushing Netanyahu to fulfill Israel’s obligations under the Oslo agreement by ceding significant land in the West Bank to the Palestinians.

Perhaps because of his deep ties to America—he attended high school, college, and graduate school in the United States, and held U.S. citizenship until he was in his 30s—Netanyahu has long exuded an extraordinary confidence that he could make the American government bend to his will. In his memoir, Dennis Ross recalls that after Netanyahu’s first meeting with Bill Clinton as prime minister, Clinton remarked in bewilderment, “He thinks he is the superpower and we are here to do what he requires.”

In other words, Netanyahu’s decision to publicly call out Hillary Clinton over Iran last week, soon after his tirade against U.S. Ambassador to Israel Daniel Shapiro, is not only about Iran. It’s about Netanyahu’s general belief that when push comes to shove, U.S. leaders can be moved in the direction he wants them to go. ...

Also, this interesting little tidbit on one of the grand old cheerleaders, whose staff gets payed to hack the phones of the important ones(not to mention non-important celebrities): Israel awards first Golan oil drilling license - Globes

The Mission of Syria at the United Nations

It's almost too predictable to even be considered entertaining.

Last edited by Evola; 05-17-2013 at 02:20 AM. Reason: adding to quote
Evola is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 05-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dead Guy

Expert Witless

My Mood:
Seriously?

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.
Asher Bertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 05-17-2013, 04:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

Most Appropriate  Forum Avatar 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bertrand View Post
Seriously?
Io Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 05-17-2013, 04:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Waiting

My Mood:

It's not a huge secret that Israel and other parties want the US to be "more firm" on both Syria and Iran, with Israel already getting impatient and bombing Syria on their own just in past weeks. Obama isn't publicly going along with openly arming the foreign backed terrorists euphemistically referred to as "Syrian Rebels", which even many of his own colleagues in congress think he should be doing. Why wouldn't they use contrived scandals to apply pressure and get their way? Considering the type of bullying they're already well known for? Along with the dodgy dossiers and faux intelligence they peddled to get their way on Iraq in '03(and prior to that as well)? Not to mention Murdoch's reputation, now that he also has a large economic stake in regime changing Syria?

I suppose they could be going after Obama just because he's black, though I don't believe that's why Cynthia McKinney was run out of her seat either.
1 User Groaned:
Old 05-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dead Guy

Expert Witless

My Mood:
I think you need to add an extra layer of tinfoil.
Asher Bertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 05-17-2013, 05:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Waiting

My Mood:

Did Netanyahu not interfere in the US elections to try and get what he thought would be a better US president? Why would he stop interfering now? Especially as he's done it before? I have a hard time seeing how their blatant "run-up to war" propaganda against Syria is probably entirely seperate from the contrived scandals against Obama, I mean he's one of a handful of people who seems to be dragging his feet. I think it's obvious Murdoch, the owner of Faux News and other media outlets, has a huge stake in it as well, would anyone have a problem questioning his own motives?

Olmert: Netanyahu interfered in U.S. elections for Sheldon AdelsonU.S. elections 2012
1 User Groaned:
Old 05-17-2013, 06:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Script Kitty

SL Join Date: 2/16/2007
Business: Black Operations
Client: Singularity
I'm sorry, remind me again what the hell the Israeli Prime Minister has to do with whether American politicians in the Republican Party may have altered emails purportedly exchanged between members of the American government regarding an attack on the American Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, in which several employees of the Department of State of the United States of America were killed?

Even if your half-baked paranoid ramblings had any resemblance to reality, you're still failing to grasp that an attempt to weaken our current Presidential administration and our current State Department leadership would not alter American foreign policy so as to be more proactive on issues relating to Iran. If anything, it would have the opposite effect: senior State Department officials would resign and have to be replaced, various staff would be shifted around, diplomatic events would be postponed, etc. In other words, the only effect that such a scandal would have would be to make our foreign policy officials pay far less attention to Iran, or Syria, or anywhere else because there would be so much turmoil back home.

But like I said, that would presume that those paranoid conspiracy theories bore any resemblance to reality. The most likely explanation, the most blatantly fucking obvious one, would be that American politicians in the Republican Party were acting to try to gain a temporary domestic political advantage by trying to turn a tragic loss of life into a political scandal. It is also possible, of course, that incompetence played a role, or there was some sort of mixup or transcription error or who knows what else that would not necessarily be malicious, to result in the differences between these documents.

But please, don't let me interrupt you while you jack off to the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.
But I cannot take your arguments seriously when you back them up with links to ridiculously bad information. It's not bad because I disagree with it, it's bad because it really is bad. These sites demonstrate zero knowledge of the science they are discussing, they link almost exclusively to other non-information, and when they DO link to an authoritative source, they misrepresent what the source actually says.
Jahar Aabye is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

*SLU Supporter*

No longer awardless

My Mood:
SL Join Date: September 11, 2005

The ShangriLlama Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahar Aabye View Post
I'm sorry, remind me again what the hell the Israeli Prime Minister has to do with whether American politicians in the Republican Party may have altered emails purportedly exchanged between members of the American government regarding an attack on the American Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, in which several employees of the Department of State of the United States of America were killed?
If Obama is not to blame, Israel is. That's really all you need to know.

Vivi's real life jewelry shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/NaturalTreasuresbyDe
AND
http://www.naturaltreasuresbydeb.com
Vivianne Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*

*cat noises*

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2008

Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
My question is, why is ABC not the one reporting this?
[confused cats against feminism]
la lucha sigue...
Free Xue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Grand Cabal Leader

My Mood:
On the subject of the alphabet network:

So Who Lied to ABC News About the Benghazi Emails? - Elspeth Reeve - The Atlantic Wire
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 05-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Grand Cabal Leader

My Mood:
A Right-Wing Mole at ABC News
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 05-19-2013, 03:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*

*cat noises*

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2008

Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
Hehe, so the right wing reporter at ABC is taken down on this story by a former Fox News correspondent (CBS' Major Garrett). Someone out there in the void is slowly composing one hell of an epic poem.
Free Xue is offline   Reply With Quote