Santorum questions Obama's World View not Faith. - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » Santorum questions Obama's World View not Faith.

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
Lionheart Virtual Estate - Experience the Difference!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
fractal networker

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 4-27-06
Business: Texture Arts
Santorum questions Obama's World View not Faith.

Santorum questions Obama's "World View not Faith".

If you read what was said then this little edit in wording is complete BS.
What he made clear to me in his comments is that if your not in Rick's little world then Your Wrong and a sinner, and probably on the fast track to Hell!

Actually my reaction to these comments were complete surprise. Here is this guy who is the new temporary front runner in his quest for the GOP nomination. Were these serious comments inspired to be made based on his beliefs. Or did he decide that he does not actually want to be President?
Or does he really lack the presence of mind to such a degree that he does not realize how incredibly stupid these remarks are? I can sort of understand a candidate or a salesman that aggressively projects their own vision of the world. People will tolerate the differences in other people's opinions for a while especially if they are presented in a dynamic or entertaining manner, however if you assert a clear statement more than once as if your serious and it is of a nature that cannot be verified by facts then you will be removed from the minds of serious people as a serious candidate. Add this edit to it and it also shows that Santorum is not as authentic as people once thought. And THAT is what he has going for him, people admire his authenticity. If you lose that Rick then all you got left are a few ancient quotes that a few people in your own group agree with you about. I am guessing that the other GOP candidates are just letting him stretch his own rope about now.

Santorum questions Obama's 'world view,' not faith - Boston.com

http://slurl.com/secondlife/puea/126/10/60/
infiniview Merit is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 02-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Santorum clearly objects to separation of church and state and appears to have an intent to bring a christian form of taliban government into being. It will be important to get voters out to defeat him if he is declared the GOP candidate.

And yes he is stupid. Probably insane as well.

Same story stated a tad differently: Santorum says Obama agenda not "based on Bible" - Yahoo! News
Ann Otoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
FIC Has-been

Impertinent, ill-nurtured, hedge-pig

SL Join Date: 05/20/2003
If Frothy gets the nomination, Obama could realistically spend a few thousand on commercials for the general election. All he would have to do is recycle all this bullshit and put it in his commercials. On election night, Obama could thank Santorum for all the useful bullshit.
Teeny Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Disagreed:
Old 02-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
fractal networker

My Mood:
Quote:
Santorum says Obama agenda not "based on Bible"
Thank God!
Old 02-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 1
The 2 Millionth Post Award 
I've reached the point where I welcome Santorum as the Republican candidate. He's single-handedly dragging the true fundamentalist Christian agenda out in to the light of day.

I'm tired of waiting for a showdown between right-wingnuts and the general American public. Whatever the outcome -- good or bad -- let's get it over with. If the U.S. is to be a Christian theocracy, then I want to know now, not later.

Bring it on.

"Didn't you know that only a fashion blog could create this much chaos? They are the Large Hadron Colliders of SL drama." -- Arilynn

Beebo Brink is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This:
Old 02-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

boo

My Mood:

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
It's not just Obama.

Quote:
As far as Rick Santorum is concerned, mainstream Protestantism "is gone from the world of Christianity." That's what he told students at Florida's Ave Maria University, founded by Domino's Pizza mogul Tom Monaghan, during a 2008 lecture.

The clip was unearthed by People for the American Way and played on Saturday's "Up With Chris Hayes" on MSNBC.

"We all know that this country was founded on a Judeo-Christian ethic. But the Judeo-Christian ethic -- sure the Catholics had some influence -- but this was a Protestant country," said Santorum. "And the Protestant ethic, mainstream, mainline Protestantism, and of course we look at the shape of mainline Protestantism in this country and it is a shambles, it is gone from the world of Christianity as I see it."

Watch the video from MSNBC above.
Rick Santorum In 2008: Mainstream Protestantism Fell Out Of 'World Of Christianity'
Old 02-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Editing my edit

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
Detrius' quote just confirms to me that Santorum is completely out of touch with reality.

All the better for the voices of reason this coming November.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

I suppose some photoshopping of santorum onto pilgrims and witch burnings is in order.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Otoole View Post
I suppose some photoshopping of santorum onto pilgrims and witch burnings is in order.
Not Pilgrims, they were Protestants. However, photoshopping his face over the Pope's, I can see.
Darik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darik View Post
Not Pilgrims, they were Protestants. However, photoshopping his face over the Pope's, I can see.
Santorum is mourning the loss of power by protestants. This leads me to believe he practices some form of protestant worship. Like my parents did. By beating their children daily hard enough to leave purple and green stripes from their heels to their necks.

"Spoil the rod and beat the child"
Old 02-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Otoole View Post
Santorum is mourning the loss of power by protestants. This leads me to believe he practices some form of protestant worship. Like my parents did. By beating their children daily hard enough to leave purple and green stripes from their heels to their necks.

"Spoil the rod and beat the child"
I was spring-boarding off of detrius' link. In that he made a speech poo-poohing "mainstream Protestants" which tells me whatever his religion is it's neither true Catholic nor Protestant and the only link to Christianity it may have is Jesus in name only as its icon.
Darik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Editing my edit

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
Cuckoo Alert: Rick Santorum would die to stop gay marriage | MadMikesAmerica

Quote:
Earlier this week, the former Pennsylvania senator told Caffeinated Thoughts that he would be willing to “die” in the fight against marriage equality.

“The battle we’re engaged in right now is same sex marriage, ultimately that is the very foundation of our country, the family, what the family structure is going to look like,” Santorum explained. “I’ll die on that hill.”

The candidate later went on to explain that sex between a man and a woman is “special,” and even birth control is “not OK.”

“We’ll repeal Obamacare and get rid any idea that you have to have abortion coverage or contraceptive coverage,” he said. “One of the things that I will talk about that no president has talked about before is I think the dangers of contraception in this country, the sexual liberty idea and many in the Christian faith have said, you know contraception is OK. It’s not OK because it’s a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be.”
Cindy Claveau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Are Republicans really that jealous of Iran?
Eris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Pleasant Dreams

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 04/06/2008
Business: All Things Aley!
Client: Singularity 1.8.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeny Leviathan View Post
If Frothy gets the nomination, Obama could realistically spend a few thousand on commercials for the general election. All he would have to do is recycle all this bullshit and put it in his commercials. On election night, Obama could thank Santorum for all the useful bullshit.
You're underestimating the full extent of fundy craziness in the united states electorate.

santorum wouldn't be flapping his lips if he didn't have a reason to think his message would resonate with voters somewhere...
Old 02-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Be careful what you wish for, Rick. I hear Dick Cheney is becoming more active as a gay marriage advocate. Even if there isn't any actual death involved- Dick isn't such a good aim with a gun- there is a very good chance of waterboarding.
Amity Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
FIC Has-been

Impertinent, ill-nurtured, hedge-pig

SL Join Date: 05/20/2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Held View Post
You're underestimating the full extent of fundy craziness in the united states electorate.

santorum wouldn't be flapping his lips if he didn't have a reason to think his message would resonate with voters somewhere...
Frothy's universe exists inside of a bubble, populated with old calcified, woman hating angry white guys. He's preaching to an ever shrinking crowd. If he gets the nomination and keeps playing to his fringe constituents, he's gonna lose the middle and practically hand Obama his second term.
Teeny Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 02-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
fractal networker

My Mood:
I think he has lost any chance of the nomination over his religious attack on Obama. It just seems like it is just way too revealing in terms of where the guy is at intellectually.

"Vote for me cuz God's on my side!"....Really?
Old 02-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006

The 2 Millionth Post Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Held View Post

Pitting Obama against Santorum would reveal the heart and soul of our nation.

1) We are a Christian theocracy and the Constitution is just so much toilet tissue

2) We are a nation of apathetic apolitical consumers willing to live in a Christian theocracy as long as we have access to HDTV and cable channels

3) We are a civilized nation of sane and reasonable people who support the constitution
Beebo Brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #19 (permalink)

Pleasant Dreams

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 04/06/2008
Business: All Things Aley!
Client: Singularity 1.8.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo Brink View Post

1) We are a Christian theocracy and the Constitution is just so much toilet tissue

2) We are a nation of apathetic apolitical consumers willing to live in a Christian theocracy as long as we have access to HDTV and cable channels

3) We are a civilized nation of sane and reasonable people who support the constitution
We elected Bush jr for a second term, so I think it's safe to strike number three off of the list...
Han Held is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 02-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
That Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

Innocent as far as you know

My Mood:
SL Join Date: late 04 original account, mid 05 current
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo Brink View Post

oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.........
It's not enough to care about liberty if the only liberty you care about is your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Firelyte View Post
Why doesn't anyone ever ask, "What is the real meaning of the winter solstice?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eboni Khan View Post
Thanks for being passive agressive.
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Pedantic Geek

SL Join Date: 1/30/2008
Business: Perception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darik View Post
I'm thinking Tomas de Torquemada might be more appropriate..
Maggiedoll Alter is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
2 Users Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 02-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

Whatever. Santorum practices blasphemy. One of the 5 major tenants of his declared "faith" requires love for everyone regardless of whatever. Santorum is not a christian. He is a sack of infected puss. He is the closest thing to an actual antichrist that has ever walked the earth since the godwin'd one.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
Provincial Sharia-slun

Jesus is coming. Look busy!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: August 21, 2007
Client: Anything But 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiedoll Alter View Post
I'm thinking Tomas de Torquemada might be more appropriate..
Waterboarding for Jesus!

U.S. Only
Casey Pelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:22 AM   #24 (permalink)

boo

My Mood:

I'll just leave this here:

Quote:
The right wing Republican politicians who have been denouncing the requirement that female employees have access to birth control as part of their health benefits as an attack on religious freedom completely ignore the church teachings they don’t agree with. Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich are both Catholics, and wear their faith on their sleeves, but they are hypocritical in picking and choosing when they wish to listen to the bishops.

1. So for instance, Pope John Paul II was against anyone going to war against Iraq I think you’ll find that Rick Santorum managed to ignore that Catholic teaching.

2.The Conference of Catholic Bishops requires that health care be provided to all Americans. I.e., Rick Santorum’s opposition to universal health care is a betrayal of the Catholic faith he is always trumpeting.

3. The Catholic Church opposes the death penalty for criminals in almost all situations. (Santorum largely supports executions.)

4. The US Conference of Bishops has urged that the federal minimum wage be increased, for the working poor. Santorum in the Senate repeatedly voted against the minimum wage.

5. The bishops want welfare for all needy families, saying “We reiterate our call for a minimum national welfare benefit that will permit children and their parents to live in dignity. A decent society will not balance its budget on the backs of poor children.” Santorum is a critic of welfare.

6. The US bishops say that “the basic rights of workers must be respected–the right to productive work, to decent and fair wages, to the organization and joining of unions…”. Santorum, who used to be supportive of unions in the 1990s, has now, predictably, turned against them.

7. Catholic bishops demand the withdrawal of Israel from Palestinian territories occupied in 1967. Rick Santorum denies that there are any Palestinians, so I guess he doesn’t agree with the bishops on that one.

8. The US Conference of Catholic Bishops ripped into Arizona’s law on treatment of immigrants, Cardinal Roger Mahony characterized Arizona’s S.B. 1070 as “the country’s most retrogressive, mean-spirited, and useless anti-immigrant law,” saying it is based on “totally flawed reasoning: that immigrants come to our country to rob, plunder, and consume public resources.” He even suggested that the law is a harbinger of an American Nazism! Santorum attacks ‘anchor babies’ or the provision of any services to children of illegal immigrants born and brought up in the US.

9. The Bishops have urged that illegal immigrants not be treated as criminals and that their contribution to this country be recognized.

10. The US Conference of Bishops has denounced, as has the Pope, the Bush idea of ‘preventive war’, and has come out against an attack on Iran in the absence of a real and present threat of an Iranian assault on the US. In contrast, Santorum wants to play Slim Pickens in Dr. Strangelove and ride the rocket down on Isfahan himself.
Top Ten Catholic Teachings Santorum Rejects while Obsessing about Birth Control | Informed Comment
detrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
Grand Cabal Leader

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Dec 2002
Business: ANOmations
Client: Viewer 2
Send a message via Yahoo to Cristiano Send a message via Skype™ to Cristiano
Witness the rise of the Talibangelicals.

Cristiano is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This: