I just encountered the dumbest conspiracy theory ever. Every famous woman is trans! - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » I just encountered the dumbest conspiracy theory ever. Every famous woman is trans!

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2018, 07:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Mood:
I just encountered the dumbest conspiracy theory ever. Every famous woman is trans!

I linked below just one of many examples. It seems to be picking up steam in the evangelical crowd. Just googles [famous or semi famous woman] is a man; and you'll find examples of some of the same bad biology students, who think they can refute evolution, trying to talk seriously about how they think male and female anatomy are different:

TrollCampFollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
So by their 'use' of logic I guess I am famous now?

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Spengler View Post
So by their 'use' of logic I guess I am famous now?
Why not?

I'm also certain all of these people could use their "logic" to prove their own mothers are trans. All women are trans! The real women must have been taken away in the rapture and we are all left behind!!!!
TrollCampFollower is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 04-15-2018, 08:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

For some reason youtube has decided to start recommending me response videos to science-deniers lately. Responses to people who believe in a flat earth and such. The repliers look like they all have a headache from explaining the bloody obvious to children.

My fave so far was from the start of a Startalk video I saw yesterday:

Chuck Nice: Is the earth flat?

Neil DeGrasse Tyson: (extremely deadpanned) No, we have video from space showing a curved earth turning .... the earth is a ball.

Somewhere in this list: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...lat+chuck+nice
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 04-15-2018, 10:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*

I feel pretty. Oh, so pretty.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
All brown bears are bears, but all brown bears that don't shit in the woods are looking for attention.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

My Mood:

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Quote:
For some reason youtube has decided to start recommending me response videos to science-deniers lately. Responses to people who believe in a flat earth and such. The repliers look like they all have a headache from explaining the bloody obvious to children.

My fave so far was from the start of a Startalk video I saw yesterday:

Neil DeGrasse Tyson: (extremely deadpanned) No, we have video from space showing a curved earth turning .... the earth is a ball.

Somewhere in this list: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...lat+chuck+nice
You don't even need to go into space to prove that the Earth is spinning and round, all you neeed is a Foucault pendulum: a heavy weight suspended on a long wire - as it swings back and forth, you'll notice that the swing slowly rotates as the planet turns underneath it.

The swing rotates clockwise in the Norther hemisphere and counterclockwise in the Southern hemisphere.

The pendulum wouldn't act this way if the Earth wasn't a spinning ball.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!” -- C. Johnson

Last edited by detrius; 04-15-2018 at 12:42 PM.
detrius is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Likes This:
Old 04-15-2018, 11:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Particle Laboratory Elf

*HAPPY PRIDE* San Diego!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jan 15 2004
Business: Light Sorcery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollCampFollower View Post
I linked below just one of many examples. It seems to be picking up steam in the evangelical crowd. Just googles [famous or semi famous woman] is a man; and you'll find examples of some of the same bad biology students, who think they can refute evolution, trying to talk seriously about how they think male and female anatomy are different:

I'mma gonna start a conspiracy theory that most of these moronically stupid conspiracy theories originate in and around Flint MI, because the lead in the water there has turned people into complete fuckwits.
Jopsy Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist

Heya ^_^

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 3/9/2006
Client: Firestorm
Quote:

I was gong to commemt that "ball" seemed like a really unscientifoc term but then I remembered it was NDT and he would not consider the Earth a Sphere because its not smooth and I believe its slightly squashed going North South due to the spin (or something).

http://allaroundthegrid.blogspot.com/
Ramen Jedburgh is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

SL Join Date: 17 June 2007
Business: Something Spunky
Sorry, Kara, but there's no such place as Finland. It's all a conspiracy.

ETA: Apparently there's no such place as Australia, either. Via https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...t-wont-go-away

Last edited by Innula Zenovka; 04-15-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Innula Zenovka is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Awww:
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 04-15-2018, 02:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Eternal Newbie

*SLU Supporter*
Entirely without credibility

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 21 June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Xue View Post
All brown bears are bears, but all brown bears that don't shit in the woods are looking for attention.
...or a Veterinarian.
Arkady Arkright is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-15-2018, 02:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Eternal Newbie

*SLU Supporter*
Entirely without credibility

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 21 June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by detrius View Post
The swing rotates clockwise in the Norther hemisphere and counterclockwise in the Southern hemisphere.
What does it do at the Equator ?
Arkady Arkright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen Jedburgh View Post
I was gong to commemt that "ball" seemed like a really unscientifoc term but then I remembered it was NDT and he would not consider the Earth a Sphere because its not smooth and I believe its slightly squashed going North South due to the spin (or something).
"Oblate spheroid".
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 04-15-2018, 02:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innula Zenovka View Post
I was talking on the internet with someone the other day who swears up and down that Australia is "in the wrong place" on modern maps, he's absolutely adamant that when he learned geography as a kid it was much further away from Indonesia.
1 User Laughed:
Old 04-15-2018, 02:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

My Mood:

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkady Arkright View Post
What does it do at the Equator ?
At the poles, it completes one rotation per day and slows down the closer you get to the equator, until it stops and reverses its direction once you've crossed it.
When a Foucault pendulum is suspended at the equator, the plane of oscillation remains fixed relative to Earth. At other latitudes, the plane of oscillation precesses relative to Earth, but more slowly than at the pole; the angular speed, ω (measured in clockwise degrees per sidereal day), is proportional to the sine of the latitude, φ:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucau...n_of_mechanics
detrius is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 04-15-2018, 04:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Millitant Atheist

MotoXexual

Their theory amounts to them admitting that they've never been close to a woman.
Ishina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

Building Better Worlds since 1979

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jun 27, 2006
Client: 7 of them (I like testing)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen Jedburgh View Post
I believe its slightly squashed going North South due to the spin (or something).
Correct. The Earth is 22 km wider in diameter across the Equator than the Poles, or about one part in 300.

The equatorial radius is 6378 km. Except for the uppermost 80 km or so, most of it is at or near the melting point (first diagram). So the rock and metallic core is either soft, or an actual liquid like the outer core.

The Earth's rotation at the Equator generates an outward centrifugal force of 0.034 m/s^2, or 1/289th of a gravity. This is almost as large as the flattening of 1/298th because the planet flows so that on the whole the surface is level when you account for both gravity and centrifugal forces. For the oceans this is obvious. What is not so obvious is the rock under both the oceans and continents also levels itself.

Gravity is actually 0.054 m/s^2 lower at the equator (second diagram) due to the combined effect of the centrifugal acceleration and the increased distance from the center of the Earth. So one way to lose weight is to move to the Equator

Last edited by DanielRavenNest; 04-15-2018 at 04:59 PM.
DanielRavenNest is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-15-2018, 06:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by detrius View Post
You don't even need to go into space to prove that the Earth is spinning and round, all you neeed is a Foucault pendulum: a heavy weight suspended on a long wire - as it swings back and forth, you'll notice that the swing slowly rotates as the planet turns underneath it.

The pendulum wouldn't act this way if the Earth wasn't a spinning ball.
Oh, there are plenty of ways. Hell, Eratosthenes even got close to the size of the planet quite some time ago.
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-15-2018, 06:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Tebaldi View Post
I was talking on the internet with someone the other day who swears up and down that Australia is "in the wrong place" on modern maps, he's absolutely adamant that when he learned geography as a kid it was much further away from Indonesia.
Ummm ..... that would make him pretty old. Or he could just admit that his memory (or what he learned) was wrong.
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-15-2018, 06:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
Emergency Mustelid

Quote:
This discovery, believed by some to be a joke or a conspiracy theory, has been circulating on social media in recent weeks after being formulated on Reddit in early 2017.
Early 2017? This "theory" was going around 30+ years ago, as an Australian in a US college in the early '80s I was several times told (humorously) that I was part of the Australia Conspiracy.

Here's a 2012 reference: http://chainsawsuit.com/comic/2012/0...ustralia-hoax/

"And now I'm going to show you something really cool."

The previous is a cybernetic datum published - in direct contravention of DoD Regulation #229RR3X3 - as being conducive to the physical, psychological and/or social well-being of the population.
Argent Stonecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Old 04-15-2018, 07:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Val
n00b!1

Sole member and president of 'Coffee Addicts' club

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2006
Business: Instant Disappointment
Client: black dragon, alchemy, firestorm, singularity
Send a message via Skype™ to Val
I found a better conspiracy theory! Let me enlighten all of you...

So you know how media brainwashes us into thinking humanity is great? That one film, for example - "Independence Day", goes all about how we are superb because we use Apple computers and not Windows based ones ... and that makes us all nice and resilient and united and uh ... not murderous?

It is all a lieeeee! The existence of theory mentioned in main post is proof! What kind of group of entities cares if a one woman is different than other woman... beyond being happy because variety is nice. Think about it.

On serious note - not clicking that video as might be serious and would make views but can get gist of it as heard it about every other famous woman. Cannot say ... why ... or why should anyone care but it mistifies me. And only two men I can recall - Justin Bieber and German Singer Whom I Forgot (first one was a kid with a bowl cut and the other one was Axl Rose in tighter jeans and with black hair).

The "x country" does not exist are more innocent and I think my favourite was Slovenia as it assumed no one ever goes there. There is also one that insists we are in year 1600 or so and middle ages were way shorter - it breaks apart when you analyse it country by country and Poland was very writing cool stuff about themselves every year.

The eeriest one is where we can never be certain if we are a computer simulation.
Val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:28 PM   #21 (permalink)

whatever

Quote:
Quote:
G2 contacted a diplomatic source, who agreed to speak off the record and confirm what they could about the existence (or otherwise) of Finland and Australia.

“Hang on, let me look out the window,” the source replied, before confirming Finland existed.

The source was unable to provide similar confirmation for Australia.
heh
Lexxi Gynoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:25 PM   #22 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Quote:
Ummm ..... that would make him pretty old. Or he could just admit that his memory (or what he learned) was wrong.
No come on - this is 2018. Haven't you ever heard of the "Mandela Effect"? Nobody remembers anything wrong. If your memory is at odds with current reality it's because of a secret unknown force that knocks people out of their respective "home dimensions", where their memories are actually completely accurate, and into nearby parallel realities where history and geography are just different enough that their memories no longer match up.
1 User Laughed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 04-15-2018, 09:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Myf
McMahon

Pop!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March '07
Business: The Kino Haus
Client: the one you hate

Awards: 2
Quote:
Myf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Just call me Beth

Singing along with old music

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 4 2009
Business: Moondrops ; Tempus Fugit; Faerycat Designs; sPunk
In response to the original post? This is why I was getting nervous about going into bathrooms during the height of the bathroom bill idiocy - because between having short hair, being broad shouldered, wearing mostly teeshirts and jeans, and having a fairly deep voice, I just knew someone would decide I was trans. I'm thankfully not famous though.

Aribeth Zelin is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-15-2018, 10:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
What?

Business: Gadget's Gadgets