Cambridge Analytica Files: ‘I created Steve Bannon’s psychological warfare tool’ - Page 10 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » Cambridge Analytica Files: ‘I created Steve Bannon’s psychological warfare tool’

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2018, 08:31 AM   #226 (permalink)
Squirrelly

Pancakes for all!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 24, 2006
Client: Frestorm, Singularity, Official

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Beezle Warburton is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Old 04-17-2018, 01:25 PM   #227 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Twitter

He didn't just compare Trump's rhetoric to Hitler's; he did it in an explicitly approving way.
Dakota Tebaldi is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-18-2018, 05:42 AM   #228 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
Dang. This message was waiting for me when I signed into FB today. They don't tell me who so that I could determine which, if any posts were compromised or any of that.

Quote:
Protecting Your Information
We understand the importance of keeping your data safe.

We have banned the app "This Is Your Digital Life," which one of your friends used Facebook to log into. We did this because the app may have misused some of your Facebook information by sharing it with a company called Cambridge Analytica. In most cases, the information was limited to public profile, Page likes, birthday, and current city.

You can learn more about what happened and how you can remove apps and websites anytime if you no longer want them to have access to your Facebook information.

There is more work to do, but we are committed to confronting abuse and to putting you in control of your privacy.
When I click on more info, I get this:

Quote:
Based on our investigation, you don't appear to have logged into "This Is Your Digital Life" with Facebook before we removed it from our platform in 2015.

However, a friend of yours did log in. As a result, the following information was likely shared with "This Is Your Digital Life": Your public profile, Page likes, birthday and current city

A small number of people who logged into "This Is Your Digital Life" also shared their own News Feed, timeline, posts and messages which may have included posts and messages from you.

Last edited by Jolene Benoir; 04-18-2018 at 05:50 AM.
Jolene Benoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:33 AM   #229 (permalink)
Voice of Reason

Not Amused

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 10/30/2006
Client: Firestorm/CoolVL
Send a message via Skype™ to Spirits Rising
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolene Benoir View Post
Dang. This message was waiting for me when I signed into FB today. They don't tell me who so that I could determine which, if any posts were compromised or any of that.

When I click on more info, I get this:
Unless you have more than one grouping of Friends on Facebook (I added in Close Friends for those I have no issues sharing my more private thoughts with) or make heavy use of privatized, directed Facebook posts ... It really doesn't matter which of your friends used the "app" as the data gleaned would be the same.
Spirits Rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:56 AM   #230 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirits Rising View Post
Unless you have more than one grouping of Friends on Facebook (I added in Close Friends for those I have no issues sharing my more private thoughts with) or make heavy use of privatized, directed Facebook posts ... It really doesn't matter which of your friends used the "app" as the data gleaned would be the same.
Of course it helps! Name and shame.

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
Old 04-18-2018, 09:57 AM   #231 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Wow they sure crafted that notice to imply that nothing serious happened.
Dakota Tebaldi is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed: