What we can expect after Republican's dismantle affordable care - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » What we can expect after Republican's dismantle affordable care

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2018, 11:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Crazy Cat Lady

Flor-i-duh

My Mood:
What we can expect after Republican's dismantle affordable care

What kind of human beings could wheel a woman out of a hospital and leave her at a bus stop in just a hospital gown in 30 degree weather?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ec871b7ab18f

In case you can do WaPo, here is another link: Video Reportedly Shows Woman In Hospital Gown Left On Street By Staff « CBS Baltimore

Quote:
“This woman was placed in the city of Baltimore, in the dead of night, in the cold, vulnerable, exposed,” he said. “She lets out this kind of cry. I felt that. I’m like, ‘come on, let’s go over here. Let’s sit down.’ And, then, she begins to stumble, and I’m like this is going to get bad really fast.”
Imamu Baraka you are a hero and a kind person.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Freaked Out Old Hippy

My Mood:
Hard to watch...
Kaimi Kyomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality

Dressed up like a car crash

My Mood:
Client: Black Dragon, FS, SL Viewer
In Kentucky, we don't have to wait. It started today. About 95,000 will lose their Medicaid over the next five years

Trump administration OKs Medicaid rollback in Kentucky.

Quote:
Roughly 480,000 low-income residents signed up for expanded Medicaid, representing the bulk of the state's coverage gains tied to Obamacare. Kentucky’s uninsured rate plummeted more than any other state in the country.

Bevin has argued that the Medicaid changes, which will begin taking effect this year, are necessary to put the program on a financially sustainable path. Starting in July, the work rules will be gradually phased in across the state.

The Bevin administration expects that the work requirement and other changes will reduce Medicaid enrollment by 95,000 over a five-year period. About 1.4 million people are currently covered through the state's program.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/20/2008
Client: LL Viewer V3

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Karuna View Post
What kind of human beings could wheel a woman out of a hospital and leave her at a bus stop in just a hospital gown in 30 degree weather?

In case you can do WaPo, here is another link: Video Reportedly Shows Woman In Hospital Gown Left On Street By Staff « CBS Baltimore

I just saw that on the news a bit ago. That was really hard to watch. I mean, dressed in nothing but a hospital gown, with the IV needle still in her hand? Someone clearly botched the discharge procedure, for sure; but to be that person who, seeing her like this, still simply wheeled her out of the building and left her in the elements? Beyond despicable.

Katheryne Helendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Karuna View Post

Unfortunately that is not an unusual incident, nor was it surprising she seemed to be mentally having an issue. While it is not supposed to happen and hospitals act all surprised they still do these dumps, especially with people who are mentally and/or emotionally not able to stand up for themselves.

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-12-2018, 11:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katheryne Helendale View Post
I just saw that on the news a bit ago. That was really hard to watch. I mean, dressed in nothing but a hospital gown, with the IV needle still in her hand? Someone clearly botched the discharge procedure, for sure; but to be that person who, seeing her like this, still simply wheeled her out of the building and left her in the elements? Beyond despicable.
It was not botched nor was it an accident. They wanted her out of there as fast as possible. I am just surprised they left any evidence to tie her to that specific hospital (at a minimum, the video itself) as the usual MO is to get the patient out of the hospital as fast as possible when they do one of these dump 'discharges'.

Even without her on video it will probably come out that she is mentally/emotionally disabled (temporarily or permanently). Also that she had used up what her insurance would pay for.
3 Users Agreed:
Old 01-13-2018, 12:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/20/2008
Client: LL Viewer V3

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Spengler View Post
It was not botched nor was it an accident. They wanted her out of there as fast as possible. I am just surprised they left any evidence to tie her to that specific hospital (at a minimum, the video itself) as the usual MO is to get the patient out of the hospital as fast as possible when they do one of these dump 'discharges'.

Even without her on video it will probably come out that she is mentally/emotionally disabled (temporarily or permanently). Also that she had used up what her insurance would pay for.
Our health care system is a fucking disaster.
Katheryne Helendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
In many ways. Work in a hospital and you will see more that the general public may not notice.
2 Users Agreed:
Old 01-13-2018, 11:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lost Bird

DILLIGAFF

SL Join Date: April 2004
Quote:
What health care system?
Believe or you will not see.
WolfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Freaked Out Old Hippy

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfEyes View Post
What health care system?
Exactly. We have an insurance system. Of sorts.
Kaimi Kyomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimi Kyomoon View Post
Exactly. We have an insurance system. Of sorts.
Which causes all sorts of problems. Take one minor example.

A doctor in the hospital kept hooking something up to a printer in ER admitting to get info for his private practice (yes, I know, that would violate all kinds of privacy regs, but for some reason they let him do it, maybe his practice was related to the hospital).

Every night he did this it would take the printer offline and someone from IT would need to go there and fix the problem. All of the ER workers and the IT people who dealt with this knew the problem was the device he had hooked up. Sure enough, he would hook it up again and ...... repeat.

If the goal was healthcare someone would have said 'cut this out, you are costing us resources and having a printer out of commission in a busy part of the hospital'. I am guessing it was seen as more 'efficient' (ie, less costs for insurance) to get the information like this.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Millitant Atheist

MotoXexual

You can expect widespread death, in the most painful and drawn-out ways imaginable. This is the most basic and undisputed fact about it.

They'd kill less people if they physically destroyed $1,000,000,000 worth of medicine.
Ishina is offline   Reply With Quote