Bannon Bombshell: Says Trump met with Russians - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » Bannon Bombshell: Says Trump met with Russians

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2018, 01:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality

Dressed up like a car crash

My Mood:
Client: Black Dragon, FS, SL Viewer
Bannon Bombshell: Says Trump met with Russians

Et tu Steve?

Steve Bannon Suggests Donald Trump Met With Russians After Don Jr. Did

Quote:
“The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor — with no lawyers,” Bannon told Wolff, according to The Guardian, which obtained a copy of the book.

“Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately,” he added.
Quote:
“They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV,” he said, adding that the White House should reconsider its apparent lack of concern over the Mueller investigation. “They’re sitting on a beach trying to stop a Category Five.”
Old 01-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Just call me Beth

Singing along with old music

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 4 2009
Business: Moondrops ; Tempus Fugit; Faerycat Designs; sPunk
Client: Firestorm
I knew Bannon would go after Twitler the moment he was fired.

Aribeth Zelin is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-03-2018, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Twitter
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-03-2018, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Nevertheless, she persisted.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
Has Steve been subpoenaed yet?
Old 01-03-2018, 02:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
When Trump fired Bannon, Bannon lost his mind? This, coming from Trump?

I've got nothing as I ponder just how fucked up the tenor of this presidency has been. I'm reminded to not stare into the abyss.
Jolene Benoir is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 01-03-2018, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
But it refused. <3

*SLU Supporter*

I'm a regular Victor Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Tebaldi View Post
How much projection can fit on a page? Now we know.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.07ca91d1cbf3

Quote:
Key excerpt: In early August [2016], less than a month after Ailes had been ousted from Fox News, Trump asked his old friend to take over the management of his calamitous campaign. Ailes, knowing Trump’s disinclination to take advice, or even listen to it, turned him down.

Key excerpt: “You need a son of a b---h as your chief of staff. And you need a son of a b---h who knows Washington,” Ailes told Trump not long after the election. “You’ll want to be your own son of a b---h, but you don’t know Washington.” Ailes had a suggestion: “Speaker Boehner.” (John Boehner had been the speaker of the House until he was forced out in a tea party putsch in 2015.) “Who’s that?” Trump asked.
Infuriating that Ailes, former chief Fox propagandist, was so close to the campaign and presidency as to be suggesting who should be Chief of Staff. When you combine Fox' obvious propaganda with this and Trump's incessant attacks on real media, it is designed to make people question which way is up, much like the effect any narcissist has upon their inner circle, except we all are being forced to live through it.

We are all in the circle of one man's mental illness and those who have enabled it for their own means.

Last edited by Jolene Benoir; 01-03-2018 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aribeth Zelin View Post
I knew Bannon would go after Twitler the moment he was fired.
It's kinda looking that way isn't it. I mean, sure Bannon has every reason to be mad at Trump and the alt-right now, since he's been basically scapegoated for Roy Moore's loss. But this memoir was not just written in the last three weeks.

I suppose it's possible that most of it was already written and fairly neutral-sounding originally, and Bannon just added the really objectionable (to Trump) edits over the last three weeks. But....I dunno.
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-03-2018, 05:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

SL Join Date: 17 June 2007
Business: Something Spunky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Tebaldi View Post
It's kinda looking that way isn't it. I mean, sure Bannon has every reason to be mad at Trump and the alt-right now, since he's been basically scapegoated for Roy Moore's loss. But this memoir was not just written in the last three weeks.

I suppose it's possible that most of it was already written and fairly neutral-sounding originally, and Bannon just added the really objectionable (to Trump) edits over the last three weeks. But....I dunno.
No, the book was written by a journalist, Michael Wolff, apparently based on interviews with over 200 people. It's just that the interviews with Bannon seem to have produced some particularly noteworthy insights.

Quote:
Donald Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon has described the Trump Tower meeting between the president’s son and a group of Russians during the 2016 election campaign as “treasonous” and “unpatriotic”, according to an explosive new book seen by the Guardian.

Bannon, speaking to author Michael Wolff, warned that the investigation into alleged collusion with the Kremlin will focus on money laundering and predicted: “They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”

Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, reportedly based on more than 200 interviews with the president, his inner circle and players in and around the administration, is one of the most eagerly awaited political books of the year. In it, Wolff lifts the lid on a White House lurching from crisis to crisis amid internecine warfare, with even some of Trump’s closest allies expressing contempt for him.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-michael-wolff

ETA: I see the Washington Post think some of Wolff's claims in the book don't seem to add up:
Quote:
For whatever reason, Wolff seems to have arrived at a stunning amount of incredible conclusions that hundreds of dogged reporters from major newspapers haven't. Whether that's because he had unprecedented access — Wolff says he had “something like a semi-permanent seat on a couch in the West Wing” — or because his filter was just more relaxed than others, it's worth evaluating each claim individually and not just taking every salacious thing said about the White House as gospel.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.605f50d7dcd6
Innula Zenovka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 1, 2006
Bannon was the smartest of the bunch, perhaps, and knows when to jump ship. He thinks he has enough clout to cultivate his own following. He's not far from being right; Roy Moore almost won Alabama. Except for the huge grassroots turnout helped along by Indivisible groups and eventually the Democratic Party, he would have had a win.

Even Trump can't control the base entirely, and Bannon knows this. It's the elites pushing to get rid of Social Security and Medicare, the opposite of what Trump campaigned on. If Trump gets too cozy with the Republican elites, it will be his undoing because the populist base is hungry for someone who really will stick with them. The racism prolefeed is only good for so long. Bannon understands this.
Cristalle is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-03-2018, 05:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist

Heya ^_^

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 3/9/2006
What if its all intended to bait actual news outlets with actual fake news?

http://allaroundthegrid.blogspot.com/
Ramen Jedburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tenacious Twat

SL Join Date: 11/21/05
Client: Firestorm usually

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innula Zenovka View Post
ETA: I see the Washington Post think some of Wolff's claims in the book don't seem to add up
Wolff has a history of sort of Truman Capote-ing his stuff. Throwing in some extra sugar and spice to the details of the narrative, but keeping the facts as clean as he knows them to be to preserve his status. I’d take anything opinion- or non-fact-based in his writing with a grain of salt.
SalStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-03-2018, 05:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality

Dressed up like a car crash

My Mood:
Client: Black Dragon, FS, SL Viewer
I may actually read this book. Wolff may like to be colorful, but he is not stupid. He is simply using quotes that I am sure are backed up on record in the 200 hours worth of interviews he has. And really, does any of it seem unbelievable?

Ivanka seeks the presidency – and other big claims from explosive new book

Highlights:

Quote:
◘ The president’s daughter and son-in-law, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, reportedly made a deal about which of them would one day run for president. Wolff writes: “The first woman president, Ivanka entertained, would not be Hillary Clinton; it would be Ivanka Trump.”

◘ Wolff writes that Thomas Barrack Jr, a billionaire who is one of the president’s oldest associates and was reportedly wanted by Trump to be his chief of staff, allegedly told a friend: “He’s not only crazy, he’s stupid.” On Wednesday, Barrack denied saying that.

◘ Trump reportedly argued with the Secret Service over whether he could have a lock on his bedroom – “the first time since the Kennedy White House that a presidential couple had maintained separate rooms”, Wolff writes – and told housekeeping he would strip his own bed and leave his shirts on the floor. Wolff also says the president, who is known to fear being poisoned, told no one to touch his toothbrush.
This is going to be a bad month for Trump. You have this book coming out full of bombshells including a quote by your right-hand man as saying that your son made sure you met with the Russians. You also have the firm that created the infamous "Steele Dossier" saying publicly that the FBI was aware of Trump colluding with Russians well into the 2016 campaign.

The Republicans’ Fake Investigations

Quote:
We don’t believe the Steele dossier was the trigger for the F.B.I.’s investigation into Russian meddling. As we told the Senate Judiciary Committee in August, our sources said the dossier was taken so seriously because it corroborated reports the bureau had received from other sources, including one inside the Trump camp.

The intelligence committees have known for months that credible allegations of collusion between the Trump camp and Russia were pouring in from independent sources during the campaign. Yet lawmakers in the thrall of the president continue to wage a cynical campaign to portray us as the unwitting victims of Kremlin disinformation.
Soda Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Likes This:
Old 01-03-2018, 06:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
*blink*

Vatican mole

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolene Benoir View Post
it is designed to make people question which way is up
That's exactly what it's all about. Don't let yourself get distracted.

As for Bannon, he's one of those "his lips are moving" types. I don't see anything coming from him as credible, even when I agree with it.

You can wish-list items and return to SLU to purchase through the affiliate link.
Note: Some people refuse to buy from Amazon due to predatory tactics against publishers as noted here and here by Jacqueline Trudeau.
Soen Eber is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-03-2018, 06:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soen Eber View Post
That's exactly what it's all about. Don't let yourself get distracted.

As for Bannon, he's one of those "his lips are moving" types. I don't see anything coming from him as credible, even when I agree with it.
Thanks.

Yep, just like the NeverTrumpers, he and they both are not our allies. Never have been, never will be. They essentially all want the same thing with varying degrees of covertness.
2 Users Agreed:
Old 01-03-2018, 07:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*

I'm just a girl, with some horns

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008

Awards: 2
Even when they pull out the knives, it's interesting how they prefer to have them fire bullets.
1 User Likes This:
Old 01-03-2018, 10:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalStrange View Post
Wolff has a history of sort of Truman Capote-ing his stuff. Throwing in some extra sugar and spice to the details of the narrative, but keeping the facts as clean as he knows them to be to preserve his status. I’d take anything opinion- or non-fact-based in his writing with a grain of salt.
He seems to acknowledge this, at least in part:

Twitter

The whole thread is worth a look.
1 User Hugged You:
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 01-03-2018, 10:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

Twitter
Old 01-03-2018, 10:36 PM   #19 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
Probably the most accurate, imo, description of the Trump response that I've seen today:

"It reads like a WWE promo clip.

"Steve Bannon is a weakling baby and I'm going to deee-stroy him because I am the greatest of all time! YEEEARGH!"
Old 01-03-2018, 10:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*

I'm just a girl, with some horns

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008

Awards: 2
Looking around the internets at various writeups on the newest dumpster ashes around Bannon and Trump, and can't keep this song out of my head.

Free Xue is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
2 Users Laughed:
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-03-2018, 10:54 PM   #21 (permalink)

Now the trumpies and bannonites have to decide which they like more.
Wanda Belinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:25 PM   #22 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda Belinda View Post
Now the trumpies and bannonites have to decide which they like more.
For the most part they are sticking with Trump, like any good cultist.
3 Users Agreed:
Old 01-03-2018, 11:28 PM   #23 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Xue View Post
Looking around the internets at various writeups on the newest dumpster ashes around Bannon and Trump, and can't keep this song out of my head.

The Trammps - Disco Inferno - YouTube

Agreed. and for all of you who dislike disco. you have to admit that this works.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

Twitter
2 Users Laughed:
Old 01-04-2018, 06:27 AM   #25 (permalink)

lesser spotted swivel eyed loon

My Mood:
Business: The Tiggerworks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Xue View Post
Wrong song! you need this one. The Crazy World of Arthur Brown

Tigger is online now   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Yay!:
1 User Agreed: