Two dogs (supposedly) killed their owner - Page 4 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » Two dogs (supposedly) killed their owner

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2017, 01:30 PM   #76 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eku Zhong View Post
Dunno but that's an awfully altish name you have there.. I apologise if you are just who you say you are.
I was wondering if you had an adverse reaction to the word "troll?" It is a reference to the fantasy creature and RP. I wasn't even thinking about how it might make me sound more like an internet troll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eku Zhong View Post
And yes, I totally agree with you, that not all bites are equal.

Most of the bites from small dogs leave little or no damage, but my opinion is that there are way more badly behaved toy breeds who bite and snap than there are big dogs who do.

When it comes to vicious due to bad owners, small dogs are right up there at the top of the chart.

Many toy dog owners just laugh and find it endearing when their snuffles (who they are conveniently holding up at adult face height) tries to take a chomp out of Auntie Wotsits hand when she tries to pet him (the dog not the owner lol.. but sometimes even then).
Yeah, my first statement was very poorly worded. What I mean to say was just that cats don't have that same dominance obsession and then threw in small dogs as an after thought. I don't really know as much about dogs though. Cat person here!
TrollCampFollower is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 12-21-2017, 01:36 PM   #77 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 1
The 2 Millionth Post Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollCampFollower View Post
I was wondering if you had an adverse reaction to the word "troll?" It is a reference to the fantasy creature and RP.
Mark me down as another person who saw this name and immediately associated it with internet trolling. So I also viewed your postings with a squint-eye and the expectation that you'd eventually act out.

Thanks for the explanation.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:50 PM   #78 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo Brink View Post
Mark me down as another person who saw this name and immediately associated it with internet trolling. So I also viewed your postings with a squint-eye and the expectation that you'd eventually act out.

Thanks for the explanation.

Thanks.

...I kind of felt like people here were a bit hostile and looking to take things the wrong way. I guess this might explain why!
TrollCampFollower is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Hugged You:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 12-21-2017, 02:11 PM   #79 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Quote:
Thanks.

...I kind of felt like people here were a bit hostile and looking to take things the wrong way. I guess this might explain why!
The timing also did not help. If I remember right you started posting not too long after another person stopped posting who had a habit of inflaming people.

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:34 PM   #80 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

And yet another.

Woman killed, husband injured in Christmas Eve pit bull attack - NY Daily News

Quote:
Lorraine Saylor was putting bird seed out in her yard at her Kentucky home Sunday when she was mauled by the two pit bulls. Her husband, Johnny Saylor, rushed outside to help only to be attacked by the dogs as well, according to WKRN.
Beebo Brink is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
Old 12-25-2017, 07:40 PM   #81 (permalink)

I finally got it all together, but now I forget where I put it.

My Mood:
Quote:
Reading between the lines and what the owner has been charged with - it sounds like he deliberately raised those dogs to be vicious.
Zaida Gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:12 PM   #82 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Lest anyone think I'm picking on pit bulls, this woman was killed by an Akita.

Volunteer at Arizona kennel killed in dog attack | Fox News
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 12-26-2017, 09:28 AM   #83 (permalink)

Getting Back There

My Mood:
Client: Exodus

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Lest anyone think I'm picking on pit bulls, this woman was killed by an Akita.

Volunteer at Arizona kennel killed in dog attack | Fox News
Not to pick too much on this beautiful breed but DO NOT SCREW AROUND WITH AN AKITA. My ex-fiance' from long, long ago had one and I watched that dog pull down a small doe, finish it off, and then bring it back like it was a ball. I'm not sure if that's normal or not for the breed but it gave me a very healthy respect for it.
Wrong Weatherwax is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Agreed:
Old 12-26-2017, 11:21 AM   #84 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
Akita's were originally guard dogs and herding and hunting dogs (which explains your ex fiance's dog). They are beasts if they are not trained properly and can be one extremely wary of strangers which also explains why that woman was mauled by one. She was training it (originally reported as her own, then the training place fixed that and stated it was one she was trying to socialize).

I looked into Akita's once because they are said to be amazing guard dogs for herds and their family but they require too firm of an owner. Give them an inch, they will take the mile plus some (but yet, are also the most amazing animals if trained from birth the proper way)
Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 12-26-2017, 11:33 AM   #85 (permalink)

I absolutely love the way Akita's look and have always wanted one. But when I was looking around for a dog to adopt, the general breed description for Akita sadly took them off the list for me. They are known for being headstrong and one of the more difficult breeds to train, plus they are known for being naturally wary of strangers. I was looking for a fuzzy companion who gets along with everyone, not a guard dog.
Tranquility too is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 12-26-2017, 04:05 PM   #86 (permalink)
Just call me Beth

Singing along with old music

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 4 2009
Business: Moondrops ; Tempus Fugit; Faerycat Designs; sPunk
Something to remember about dogs. All they really are, is domesticated wolves. In fact, that scene in Babe was pretty accurate. Wild dogs are far more a danger for farm animals than either wolves or foxes; they don't have quite the innate wariness that their wild cousins have.

Also, it means that when trying to rehabilitate an abused dog, you need to start the same way you would wild animals. This is someone who's got no reason to trust humans, because they fucking hurt him or her.

Aribeth Zelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:31 PM   #87 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality

Dressed up like a car crash

My Mood:
Client: Black Dragon, FS, SL Viewer
Quote:
Thanks.

I have been suspicious of Troll ever since I found myself agreeing with them...twice!! Probably harmless, but id' keep my eye on them!

I have had two interesting experiences with Pitbulls that have both made me fearful of them, but also made me feel they are terribly maligned. The first was over a decade ago when I was doing some writing for a humane society. The local vet introduced me to here two pets, two really cute dogs she called "Staffordshire Terriers". They were soooo cute and playful and I was having a great time with them and then she mentioned, "you know them as Pit Bulls."
I could not help it, my reaction changed immediately! She'd made her point. They were still cute, but I was far more standoffish just with the change of the name.

The second has been over the last year as I have moved from a more rural to a more urban area. Most of my neighbors have at least one Pitbull. And while I have seen only a few be harsh to their pets, I have not seen any owners I would describe as kind or loving toward their pets. They are raising animals that they want alert and on guard, so I am not to surprised when I learn that one has turned on their owner. Nor do I blame the dog.

I will stick with Pugs! How many stories about Pugs killing a human have you heard about? Not many! That requires an energy expense that no Pug has the ability or the inclination to exert.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:06 PM   #88 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aribeth Zelin View Post
Something to remember about dogs. All they really are, is domesticated wolves. In fact, that scene in Babe was pretty accurate. Wild dogs are far more a danger for farm animals than either wolves or foxes; they don't have quite the innate wariness that their wild cousins have.

Also, it means that when trying to rehabilitate an abused dog, you need to start the same way you would wild animals. This is someone who's got no reason to trust humans, because they fucking hurt him or her.
The same is true for cats. Much as we think of the housecat as a perfectly domestic creature and it always has been it is because we started domesticating wildcats around 8 or 9 millennia ago.

Both dogs and cats are, at a genetic and behavioral level, pretty close to their wild kin.

I am a cat person and automatically know how to act around them (I have heard 'my cat NEVER greets strangers' a couple of times). I am not about to jump into a lion cage though.
1 User Agreed:
Old 12-27-2017, 10:41 PM   #89 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Spengler View Post
The same is true for cats. Much as we think of the housecat as a perfectly domestic creature....
We do?

Damn, I missed that memo.
1 User Agreed:
Old 12-27-2017, 11:12 PM   #90 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
We do?

Damn, I missed that memo.
The clue is in the name.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:17 PM   #91 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Spengler View Post
The clue is in the name.
"Housecat" describes their territory, not their domesticity.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:07 AM   #92 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/20/2008
Client: LL Viewer V3

Quote:
Yup. I've dealt with housecats that were just barely a step away from their wildcat cousins, especially if one gets pissed off enough.

Katheryne Helendale is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 12-28-2017, 06:08 AM   #93 (permalink)
*blink*

Vatican mole

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks.

I was also a touch suspicious at first, but come on - what internet troll would use THAT as a profile pic. Internet trolls are wanna be alphas - they usually don't do cute & vulnerable.

Any ways, a belated welcome to SLU

You can wish-list items and return to SLU to purchase through the affiliate link.
Note: Some people refuse to buy from Amazon due to predatory tactics against publishers as noted here and here by Jacqueline Trudeau.
Soen Eber is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Awww:
1 User Hugged You:
Old 12-28-2017, 08:33 AM   #94 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
True, but some people think otherwise. They learn differently the first time they try to get a cat out from under a bed.

We grew up with one cat who had the undisputed title of Queen. Even the dogs deferred to her.