Donald recognizes Jerusalem as capital of Israel - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » Donald recognizes Jerusalem as capital of Israel

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2017, 03:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cheese Baron

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/6/2004
Donald recognizes Jerusalem as capital of Israel

So the ol' dumbass-in-chief did it again. This time with the stupidest thing he has done thus far in office.

Jerusalem: Trump recognition 'kiss of death' for peace - BBC News

Quote:
An expected announcement by President Donald Trump that the US will become the first country to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital has been dubbed a "kiss of death" for the Middle East peace process by the Palestinians.

But an Israeli minister urged other countries to follow the US lead.

Mr Trump, expected to confirm the decision later on Wednesday, described the announcement as "long overdue".

"Many presidents have said they want to do something and they didn't do it."

The president's remarks came ahead of his planned speech in Washington.

Mr Trump will also start the process of moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

The two decisions - which would fulfil a campaign promise and appeal to Mr Trump's right-wing base - risk a heated reaction from US allies in the Muslim world and, potentially, protests and unrest.

They also make it difficult for the US to be seen as a neutral mediator in the Middle East peace process.
"Difficult" is putting it mildly, considering the status of Jerusalem as a holy city in Islam. The US says "no, it's Israel's" and there goes any hope of a two state solution up in smoke. There can be no shared status if it's the capital of one of the states.

Quote:
Israel occupied East Jerusalem, previously occupied by Jordan, in the 1967 Middle East war and regards the entire city as its indivisible capital.

The Palestinians claim East Jerusalem as the capital of a future state, and according to 1993 Israel-Palestinian peace accords, its final status is meant to be discussed in the latter stages of peace talks.

Israeli sovereignty over Jerusalem has never been recognised internationally, and until now all countries have maintained their embassies in Tel Aviv.
Anyone not familiar with the issue in question, this video is pretty good at a quick-ish summation:

So, this decision makes the Zionists pretty happy. At the expense of the rest of the world's feelings towards the US, the security of the Middle East region, a peace process that has been in the works at varying levels of success since 1969, and however many lives will be lost when this inevitably flares up more conflict and potentially causes a war.

Not bad for a thing the shitbag doesn't care about and only did on a whim just because it would make some people he enjoys the praise of say nice things about him.
Lianne Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said WTF?:
3 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Likes This:
Old 12-06-2017, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality

Dressed up like a car crash

My Mood:
Client: Black Dragon, FS, SL Viewer
This will ignite a powder keg and will not only destroy any opportunities for calm in the Middle East but will most likely assure new acts of war and terrorism. Even Bush had the sense not to do this when he had the chance.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Even Netanyahu is silent about it.
Wanda Belinda is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 12-06-2017, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Of course Israel's government is lauding this. They are probably celebrating it. Good move orange of ass.

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is online now   Reply With Quote
3 Users Agreed:
Old 12-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cheese Baron

My Mood:
Israel's government has been pushing hard on the settlement garbage, this is absolutely more of what they want. Actual conflict that they don't "initiate" (even though the settlements absolutely initiated things) they'll be all in favor of because it'll give them an excuse to take the land by force.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Not a Supervillian

Quo.

My Mood:
Pro tip:when one side publicly thanks you and the other side burns your portrait, you are probably no longer credible as a neutral party in peace negotiations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford
We face an unprecedented moment in this country. Today's greatest threat is not climate change, not pollution, not flood or fire. It's that we've got people in charge of important shit who don't believe in science.
Veritable Quandry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Mood:
Client: Firestorm,V3,Radgast
Advisors whisper things in ear, distracts from watching TV.....

1) Get some brown folks really riled up
2) Some things explode, but not in a pretty fireworks kinda way
3) Gesticulates Wildly with tiny hands promising protection
4) Profit!!! (Someone is already on track to pay less in taxes)
Kathryn Elisabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 12-06-2017, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cheese Baron

My Mood:
I really wish that a plurality of this country's population wasn't in a death cult trying to bring about the end of the world.
1 User Laughed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 12-06-2017, 05:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

Heretical Raccoon skunk with a rainbowpootbeam

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2010
The row over Jerusalem gives American Jews a tough choice
A chilling read. I promise it's relevant.
Quote:
the Israeli prime minister set out his rationale for sacrificing the support of liberal Jews overseas at a recent closed-door meeting with officials. He reportedly told them that non-Orthodox Jews would disappear in “one or two generations” through low birth rates, intermarriage and more general assimilation. Liberal Jews were a “lost cause” in his view, and wedded to a worldview that was incompatible with Israel’s future.
Both on demographic and ideological grounds, he added, Israel should invest in cultivating stronger ties to Orthodox Jews and Christian evangelicals.
Rump & Yahoo are 'two arses in the same underwear" as my Arab friend likes to say. Both apparently hell bent on destroying their nations.
Then there's this.
How Israel is
Quote:
Israel is putting in place the final pieces of a Greater Jewish Jerusalem that will require “ethnically cleansing” tens of thousands of Palestinians from a city their families have lived and worked in for generations, human rights groups have warned.
The pace of physical and demographic changes in the city has accelerated dramatically since Israel began building a steel and concrete barrier through the city’s Palestinian neighbourhoods more than decade ago, according to the rights groups and Palestinian researchers.
Israel is preparing to cement these changes in law, they note. Two parliamentary bills with widespread backing among government ministers indicate the contours of Jerusalem’s future.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Particle Laboratory Elf

Happy "Year Ending" and Merry Bah Humbug to all.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jan 15 2004
Business: Light Sorcery

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
I'm so confused, conservatives are both hawkishly pro-Israel, and also largely anti-Semitic? How does that work? Do they plan on deporting Jewish Americans to Israel and then cutting off our support? Making them some kind of Meat-shield / decoy to distract ISIS?
Jopsy Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 12-06-2017, 05:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

Heretical Raccoon skunk with a rainbowpootbeam

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopsy Pendragon View Post
I'm so confused, conservatives are both hawkishly pro-Israel, and also largely anti-Semitic? How does that work? Do they plan on deporting Jewish Americans to Israel and then cutting off our support? Making them some kind of Meat-shield / decoy to distract ISIS?
Double think.
Ya know, like Rump loves Saudis with money & hates Muslims in general?

Or the same way racist right wing evangelical Christian scum see Jerusalem events as part of the return of Jesus but don't want a Jewish family living next door to them.

Racism doesn't make sense, isn't logical.
Ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 12-06-2017, 05:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cheese Baron

My Mood:
Quote:
They are pro-israel in that Jerusalem needs to be controlled by a Jewish State in order for the second coming of christ to happen where everyone good ascends to heaven while the world burns down.

They are anti-semitic in that they are fine with Jews being over there in their own land, but not here in "our" "christian" lands.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cheese Baron

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda Belinda View Post
Even Netanyahu is silent about it.
He's not.

Twitter
2 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Agreed:
Old 12-06-2017, 06:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Emergency Mustelid

He's burning down the Middle East to give Roy Moore a bump in Alabama.

"And now I'm going to show you something really cool."

The previous is a cybernetic datum published - in direct contravention of DoD Regulation #229RR3X3 - as being conducive to the physical, psychological and/or social well-being of the population.
Argent Stonecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said WTF?:
Old 12-06-2017, 11:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

My Mood:
Fourth Intifada here we come!
Jorus Xi is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 12-07-2017, 01:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

SL Join Date: 17 June 2007
Business: Something Spunky
Quote:
As I understand it, the existence of Israel is a necessary prerequisite to the End Times, the Rapture, Scarlet Women, Antichrists and all that exciting stuff.

As I recall, two thirds of the Jews in Israel end up getting slaughtered by the Antichrist and his henchpeople, and the survivors eventually convert to Christianity, a scenario would doubtless appeal to anti-Semites.

So I think that explains the apparent contradiction -- the existence of the State of Israel hastens the End Times, gets lots of Jews killed, and those Jews who don't get killed end up as Christians. What's not to like for an anti-Semitic Talebangilical?
Innula Zenovka is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
2 Users Agreed:
Old 12-07-2017, 01:55 AM   #17 (permalink)
praise kek

Client: neil life
the right-wing is a pretty big tent. evangelicals are one small part of the group. they seem to support israel and the jews simply cos jesus was a jew, without much more thought going into that opinion.

believe me when i tell you there are a large number of people in the right that have nothing but negative things to say about israel and hold the jewish elite responsible for pretty much every bad thing that has happened in the last 100 years.

both seem to generally support this move to set up the usa embassy in jerusalem though, but for very different different reasons.
1 User Likes This:
Old 12-07-2017, 02:26 AM   #18 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Is it just me, or did anyone else notice Trump starting to slur his words during his announcement? Seriously, you don't even have to look for an example, just go to the end where he says, or is trying to say, "God bless the United States". Did the Healthiest President Who Ever Presidented just have like a mild TIA?
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said WTF?:
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 12-07-2017, 04:31 AM   #19 (permalink)

My Mood:

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Tebaldi View Post
Is it just me, or did anyone else notice Trump starting to slur his words during his announcement? Seriously, you don't even have to look for an example, just go to the end where he says, or is trying to say, "God bless the United States". Did the Healthiest President Who Ever Presidented just have like a mild TIA?
He's literally falling apart: his dentures got loose.
ďWhen life gives you lemons, donít make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I donít want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see lifeís manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? Iím the man whoís gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! Iím gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!Ē -- C. Johnson
detrius is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Said WTF?:
1 User Laughed:
Old 12-07-2017, 06:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Quote:
Yeah, the daily show had fun with that yesterday. Whatever you do do not use #denturedonald, kay?

I am wondering if he just came from the dentist or something. I can see him not knowing how to pronounce another country but tripping up THAT badly when saying 'united states'?
Kara Spengler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
Quote:
starts before that, around the 40 mark where he starts slurring out on some of his words. He also kept inhaling deeply through is nose during the whole speech which was annoying as hell and he kept pushing his tongue forward.

Dentures? Dry Mouth? Over Tired? Mild Stroke? (he grabbed the back of the chair quickly with both hands before he sat down and also did sway a bit when he stood up and walked out of the room reminiscent of me when I lose my balance and almost hit a door jamb)...

I have not a clue if any of that is normal because that literally was the first time I ever watched one of his speeches. I can't stand his voice. I usually just read them instead.

Not for nothing but his last tweet is directly after the signing - odd for him. (yes I have put on my tin foil hat)
Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:22 AM   #22 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

SL Join Date: 17 June 2007
Business: Something Spunky
The Palmer Report (hardly reliable, I know, but good for a chuckle) suggests that "cotton mouth" is one of the after-effects of a cocaine binge (thus explaining his snuffle, too).
Innula Zenovka is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
1 User Agreed:
Old 12-07-2017, 09:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
can't find the tweet to link but someone also mentioned anxiety meds, stress over Mueller report, Alzheimer and there was one other I can't remember.
Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 12-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Discount

Jesus is coming. Look busy!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: August 21, 2007
Client: Anything But 2
It's obvious to me. That poor enunciation is characteristic of pharyngorectal inversion.

He's talking out of his ass.

U.S. Only
Casey Pelous is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 12-07-2017, 10:21 AM   #25 (permalink)
Elysium Hynes is Typing..

My animal spirit is the lolcat

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/7/2007
Client: V3
Send a message via Skype™ to Elysium Hynes
Twitter

Elysium Hynes is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :