WTF Facebook," Help us stop Revenge Pron by Uploading your Nudes" - Page 2 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » WTF? Facebook," Help us stop Revenge Pron by Uploading your Nudes"

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2017, 08:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Not a Supervillian

Quo.

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriClaremont View Post
Okay, so then here's what Facebook could do that would actually produce some worthwhile results, assuming they are just working off fingerprints (hashes) of the photos.

Rather than ask everyone to upload their photos to Facebook, an idea breathtaking in its stupidity, why not release an app that can fingerprint the photos in the privacy of your own computer/phone and then upload only the fingerprint?
Because if I were evil and had time on my hands I could tag every meme I disagree with. It would only take a few people doing that to throw the whole system into chaos. You either have to create a whitelist alongside the blacklist and rely on user reports flooding in, or put a human in the system to filter requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMTWNBBFN
We face an unprecedented moment in this country. Today's greatest threat is not climate change, not pollution, not flood or fire. It's that we've got people in charge of important shit who don't believe in science.

Harrison Ford
Veritable Quandry is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 11-13-2017, 09:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriClaremont View Post
Okay, so then here's what Facebook could do that would actually produce some worthwhile results, assuming they are just working off fingerprints (hashes) of the photos.

Rather than ask everyone to upload their photos to Facebook, an idea breathtaking in its stupidity, why not release an app that can fingerprint the photos in the privacy of your own computer/phone and then upload only the fingerprint?
Because they know those fingerprints are worthless.

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:35 AM   #28 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality

Dressed up like a car crash

My Mood:
Client: Black Dragon, FS, SL Viewer
How about this?Not that I would ever defend the all-consuming evil entity that is Facebook, but it really is not Facebook's job to protect you from your own bad judgment (and clearly, if you make it their job they have demonstrated that they will totally suck at it.) Want to make sure your nekked pics don't end up on the web, don't take them on a digital device and don't give them to your boyfriend or girlfriend...ever.
Soda Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:40 AM   #29 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda Sullivan View Post
How about this?Not that I would ever defend the all-consuming evil entity that is Facebook, but it really is not Facebook's job to protect you from your own bad judgment (and clearly, if you make it their job they have demonstrated that they will totally suck at it.) Want to make sure your nekked pics don't end up on the web, don't take them on a digital device and don't give them to your boyfriend or girlfriend...ever.
The problem is smartphones are so prevalent that even if you do not take them there is no guarantee that a former significant other did not surreptitiously do so.
1 User Agreed:
Old 11-14-2017, 08:24 AM   #30 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist

Heya ^_^

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 3/9/2006
Client: Firestorm
Sp apparently this is human reviewed. Which seems like an awful idea. It's only a matter of time before some "troll army" floods them with submissions of the worst gore, which gets to be human reviewed to make sure it's naked photos and not just photos of Hillary Clinton.

The PTSD in these sort of systems tends to be huge for this reason alone.

http://allaroundthegrid.blogspot.com/
Ramen Jedburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:22 PM   #31 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Human reviewed? While a technical solution is rife with problems did how this will look with human reviewers not occur to anyone?
1 User Agreed:

Tags
facebookfail , facebooktriplefacepalm