Hurricane Irma check-in and help thread - Page 3 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » Hurricane Irma check-in and help thread

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #51 (permalink)
I'm not Here!

hypnotized

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 1/25/2006
Business: looking for fresh start..
Client: Singularity
Send a message via Skype™ to Kalel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo Brink View Post
Kalel still hasn't checked in, but most likely hasn't got any power.
We are alive. Ignore any typos as i am typing fast.

Still dont have any power. Or signal. Im using my friends phone.

+1 verison and net zero ; neagative for sprint.

Fence surrounding us is completely down leaving backyard exposed. Keeping our devices charged via the car. Running on weak 3g takes several attempts to send a text or whats up. Lack of info of whats happening when your use to be connected 24/7 is a bit jarring

Were basiclly camping. Bugs like to jump on me at night. ( flying ants and roaches) not fun. can see the constellations in the night sky, without the light pollution. Neigjbors have been helpful clearing out the fallens trees and watching for looters/strangers asking if we need help. Some friends drove by to check on us and give us froze. Bottles of water...

Houses are safe. Most of the damage seems to be trees and fences and gates.. a few break ins already happenend. No worries yet tho. Had a barbeque with any meat melting in the fridge with my brother and kids playing 3ds and card games.
Supposed to go back to work tomorrow.

Gas trucks are coming in. Supermarkets are letting a few people in at a time and throwing out anything perishable.

I hear Biscayne is flooded. And anything past islamorada going to the keys is blocked.

My mom is supposed to be sleeping with a machine for her sleep apnea. We are registered with the state for priority restoration but i guess it is taking longer then expected.

Rumor is we will tale power sometime today as they are attempting to get school nearby up and running

Goona take a nap in my car now.

"The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. -Jung"

Last edited by Kalel; 09-13-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:46 PM   #52 (permalink)
When's lunch?

Mama's babygirl :D

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Long long ago.
Client: Viewer 3, Firestorm

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodeejah Urquan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalel View Post
We alive. Ignore any typo as ik typing fast.

Still dont have any power. Or signal. Im using my friendsph one.

+1 verison and net zero ; neagative for sprint.

Fence surrounding us is completely down leaving backyard exposed. Keeping our devices charged via the car. Running on weak 3g takes several attempts to send a text or whats up. Lack of info of whats happening when your use to be connected 24/7 is a bit jarring

Were basiclly camping. Bugs like to jump on me at night. ( flying ants and roaches) not fun. can see the constellations in the night sky, without the light pollution. Neigjbors have been helpful clearing out the fallens trees and watching for looters/strangers asking if we need help. Some friends drove by to check on us and give us froze. Bottles of water...

Houses are safe. Most of the damage seems to be trees and fences and gates.. a few break ins already happenend. No worries yet tho. Had a barbeque with any meat melting in the fridge with my brother and kids playing 3ds and card games.
Supposed to go back to work tomorrow.

Gas tricks are comming in. Supermarkets are letting a few people in at a time and throwing out anything perishable.

I hear biscayne is flooded. And anything past islanmerada going to the keys is blocked.

My mom is supposed to be sleeping with a machine for her sleep apea .we are registered with the state for priority restoration but i guess it btaking longer then expected.

Rumor is we will tale power sometime today as they are attempting to get school nearby up and running

Goona take a nap in my car now.
Thanks for the update, ladykins.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:34 PM   #53 (permalink)
Society's Lost Bird

DILLIGAFF

SL Join Date: April 2004
Still no word.
Believe or you will not see.
WolfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:42 PM   #54 (permalink)
I see what you're doing!

*SLU Supporter*

Whatcha lookin' at?

My Mood:
SL Join Date: April 18, 2005
Client: Firestorm

Send a message via Skype™ to Sally Rosebud
I'm waiting on word from a couple of our friends who live down there too.
Sally Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:45 AM   #55 (permalink)
I'm not Here!

hypnotized

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 1/25/2006
Business: looking for fresh start..
Client: Singularity
Send a message via Skype™ to Kalel
Our phones came back this morning. i had to drive downtown cause the southern bus system is still down.. downtown buses are limited and everyone is getting mixed messages about the train system being on or not.

I could offer to go drive around and check on people if they are within reach. got 50% fuel in the tank( thank you for hybrids)

Several areas of miami still have curfew and allot of people are trying to get back into town. still lots of downed tree and cops everywhere. some people haven't come home yet.. ( neighbor hasn't returned yet cause she has power where she was staying)

Last edited by Kalel; 09-13-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Old 09-15-2017, 08:32 AM   #56 (permalink)
Crazy Cat Lady

Flor-i-duh

My Mood:
Just heard from Rox today, she asked me to post and let you all know that they are OK. She said they got gas and ice yesterday and they are hoping for power and running water soon.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:04 AM   #57 (permalink)
Eater of Pie

Lost her Marbles

SL Join Date: July 29, 2006
Client: Firestorm
I read a post on FB tonight that described how I, and so many other Floridians, are feeling right now. They called it PTHD, Post Traumatic Hurricane Disorder.

We spent days watching the storm build and wondering where it would land and how hard it was going to hit. We did our best to ready our houses, purchase supplies, and figure out if and where to go if it looked like the storm was heading our way. The majority of us went for days without power, internet, and reliable cell service. For those that evacuated, we worried about loved ones that didn't, and what we would be returning home to. Now that the storm is passed, electricity has returned to most of us, clean-up is (mostly) done and repairs are (hopefully) underway, we feel exhausted, and we're waiting for normal to feel normal again. Coming down from day after day of adrenaline and little sleep is tiring.

That said, I'm thankful that my power returned the day I came home, and I'm thankful that the damage to my property was minimal. And mostly I'm thankful that all my friends and family were unscathed. Things could have been so much worse.

Thank you to everyone on SLU for your prayers, good thoughts and well wishes to those of us in Florida, and for your willingness to help those that need it. You're a good hearted group of people.
Brig McD is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 09-17-2017, 02:18 AM   #58 (permalink)
But it refused. <3

*SLU Supporter*

I'm a regular Victor Victoria

My last friend in Florida finally checked in. They're cool.
3 Users Like This:

Tags
care packages , check , irma , money , pets