Aparently at least one fatally in Charlottesville as nazis rally - Page 3 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » Aparently at least one fatally in Charlottesville as nazis rally

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2017, 09:18 PM   #51 (permalink)
SLU Fluffer

Cock Chafer

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
Client: Catznip or the Official but I dabble in others

Awards: 1
The Penis Handler 
On a day we see the face of hate and families mourn their loved ones, I hate to laugh but I admit this response to those protesters made me cackle. I bet it stung too.

Twitter
1 User Laughed:
2 Users Said Thanks :
3 Users Agreed:
Old 08-12-2017, 09:19 PM   #52 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 03/21/2004
Business: Archaic
Client: Firestorm
Sure, it's possible that he's the most brilliant man alive and the secret messiah for the new golden age of liberalism. However I'm going to believe any theory about alien bugs or lizard people LONG before I buy into that utter bullshit.

Significantly more likely that he's just the racist trash he looks/talks/acts/plans/claims he is.

EDIT: Looks like the post I'm replying to has been removed, so if it makes no sense context wise, please ignore.
EDIT2: I'm an idiot, and can't count right.

Last edited by Grey Mars; 08-12-2017 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Correction to correction
Grey Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
Old 08-12-2017, 09:20 PM   #53 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deca! View Post
I fucking KNEW whoever did this would have that goddamn haircut.
It was better odds than a coin-toss yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:27 PM   #54 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

Heretical Raccoon skunk with a rainbowpootbeam

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2010
I'm horrified by the symbolism of those flaming torches.

Last edited by Ellie; 08-12-2017 at 09:34 PM.
Ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:44 PM   #55 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
I'm horrified by the symbolism of those flaming torches.
I am sure they will have some argument that it was accidental but they knew what they were doing.

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:44 PM   #56 (permalink)
Prim Fancier

*SLU Supporter*

Current status [twirly]

My Mood:
SL Join Date: January, 2007
Client: v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
What if.......Mr. Trump is still secretly working for the left...by agreeing-but-not-agreeing with 'rightist' idealists, he gives them the ability to come out and expose themselves...to show their true faces for all the world to see...to show just how scary and how much power they really hold on our country...all the while, confident that there are more sane people than insane people out there who will become active in trying to put these others in their place.....perhaps he knowingly pushed the Repubs over healthcare in order to expose them and move the country closer to single-payer healthcare....perhaps he knowingly pushed the immigration ideas in order to expose the divisions of ethnicity and humaneness within our country...perhaps he is knowingly pushing the young North Korean dictator so that his advisers will finally get through to him that nuclear war is a no-win situation in this day and age and doesn't really possess the bargaining chip that they think it does and thereby are wasting their money needlessly...could it be that he pushes all these things so brazenly and openly just so we will confront and cut out all the rot in our country ? Maybe not...maybe he is stuck in how it used to be when he grew up...but for such a forward thinker in business as he is purported to be...it might just be his way of finding out where the enemies are. I hope.
Really? 3d chess from that bum knuckle? Or from Steven Bannon, or any of the other nazi's you have in the White House?

Face it. Your commander in chief, the fucking *POTUS* for christ sake; cowers in the face of these troll nerds because his polls can't go any lower. These white nationalist idiots are all he has left.

Quote:
Cristiano We need to make 'endless celestial sex' into a thing.
Quote:
His Evol Holiness Trout of Troutlandia:
::The Temptress General Circle Widdershins, Dasher of Desires, Crusher of the Dreams of Mankind, Denter of Fenders, and High Priestess of The Temple of Carnage and Unholy Vice. She Whose Mere Presence Causes Her Enemies to Drop To Their Knees and Await Their Terrible Fate in Grim Obedience to Her Siren's Wail.::
Circle Widdershins is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 08-12-2017, 09:58 PM   #57 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

From ABC News:

Old 08-12-2017, 10:11 PM   #58 (permalink)
Woke Woman

It's all relative

My Mood:
SL Join Date: This time: 10/12/2010
Client: A few different ones

Quote:
What if.......Mr. Trump is still secretly working for the left...by agreeing-but-not-agreeing with 'rightist' idealists, he gives them the ability to come out and expose themselves...to show their true faces for all the world to see...to show just how scary and how much power they really hold on our country...all the while, confident that there are more sane people than insane people out there who will become active in trying to put these others in their place.....perhaps he knowingly pushed the Repubs over healthcare in order to expose them and move the country closer to single-payer healthcare....perhaps he knowingly pushed the immigration ideas in order to expose the divisions of ethnicity and humaneness within our country...perhaps he is knowingly pushing the young North Korean dictator so that his advisers will finally get through to him that nuclear war is a no-win situation in this day and age and doesn't really possess the bargaining chip that they think it does and thereby are wasting their money needlessly...could it be that he pushes all these things so brazenly and openly just so we will confront and cut out all the rot in our country ? Maybe not...maybe he is stuck in how it used to be when he grew up...but for such a forward thinker in business as he is purported to be...it might just be his way of finding out where the enemies are. I hope.
Are you smoking crack?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shilohlyric/
http://shilohlyric.wordpress.com/
Shiloh Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:20 PM   #59 (permalink)
DJ's for Aural Pleasure

Hold On To Yourself

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Sept. 2007
Business: Avatar Bizarre
Client: Crash-o-Matic 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Widdershins View Post
Really? 3d chess from that bum knuckle? Or from Steven Bannon, or any of the other nazi's you have in the White House?

Face it. Your commander in chief, the fucking *POTUS* for christ sake; cowers in the face of these troll nerds because his polls can't go any lower. These white nationalist idiots are all he has left.
Plus Lord is giving Trump far too much credit. Trump is the polar opposite of smart.
Sredni Eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:58 PM   #60 (permalink)

Someone found the driver's facebook page, unsurprisingly littered with right wing crap.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoer...Pd5#.lkK9zYAYO
Wanda Belinda is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-12-2017, 11:15 PM   #61 (permalink)
Millitant Atheist

MotoXexual

I only count two sides. Nazis and not Nazis. But apparently Trump can't choose which of those sides he's on.
Ishina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:18 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishina View Post
I only count two sides. Nazis and not Nazis. But apparently Trump can't choose which of those sides he's on.
He can. He's been told he's not allowed to say he likes Nazis publically though.
Wanda Belinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:18 PM   #63 (permalink)
just some dude

Faked It... Didn't Make It

Quote:
I am a genius. You can take my word for it since I am saying it with such confidence. I have your best interests at heart. I care about you, because you and I both know that you're pretty dang important. I get it. I get you.

I am also a forward thinker in business. The best in forward thinking. Whatever you think forward thinking is, I'm that times a million. I've already foreseen everything that is happening now, and I can tell you, we are perfectly positioned to finally make things go the way you've always wanted them to go. I am that good. You can rest easy knowing this is true because I'm saying it in such clear terms that there really isn't any room for error.

I am running for president. Please send me as much campaign money as you can possibly afford, and then maybe a little more. I promise it will be worth it. I already said that I already know everything that's going to happen, and it really will be everything that you want to happen, but only you can make it actually happen. It's because you're special, and I'm just here to make that the reality.

Lots of people will try to stop us. You'll know we're right exactly because they'll try. But they won't be able to, because you're going to send me a lot... and I mean a lot... of money. And you know it is the right thing to do. You feel it. And I'm saying it. So let's get it done.

Oh, and also Jesus. Thank you.
Indigo Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
2 Users Like This:
Old 08-12-2017, 11:28 PM   #64 (permalink)
Prim Fancier

*SLU Supporter*

Current status [twirly]

My Mood:
SL Join Date: January, 2007
Client: v3

Circle Widdershins is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
3 Users Like This:
Old 08-12-2017, 11:29 PM   #65 (permalink)
Cheese Baron

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/6/2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishina View Post
He's on the side of the Nazis. He chose a while ago.
Lianne Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:32 PM   #66 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Nevertheless, she persisted.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
Old 08-12-2017, 11:50 PM   #67 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Ex-Marine, and head of Microsoft's PR dept:

Twitter
Old 08-13-2017, 12:15 AM   #68 (permalink)

I am holding my breath, hoping progressives play this right. Please, for once, a call to action that makes sense! This could be a huge moment - a moment where normally apolitical moderates realize their country is in danger and decide to go on record, even if some boss somewhere doesn't like it.
Nika Talaj is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 08-13-2017, 12:16 AM   #69 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

Heretical Raccoon skunk with a rainbowpootbeam

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2010
Twitter
Yep, I thought this too. Plus they gonna catch hell when their mums come home and find all their luau prep is gone.
Ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:20 AM   #70 (permalink)

Redheaded!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: July 19, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
Yep, I thought this too.
The symbol is a roman fasces. It is why we call fascists...fascists
Old 08-13-2017, 01:26 AM   #71 (permalink)
bunneh

My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 2006
Client: Firestorm and Project Bento
In Trump's very own words, no less. An excellent headline:

Twitter
"Separated lovers cheat absence by a thousand fancies which have their own reality. They are prevented from seeing one another and they cannot write; nevertheless they find countless mysterious ways of corresponding, by sending each other the song of birds, the scent of flowers, the laughter of children, the light of the sun, the sighing of the wind, and the gleam of the stars - all the beauties of creation." -- Victor Hugo
Porsupah Ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:05 AM   #72 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/20/2008
Client: LL Viewer V3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium Hynes View Post
Someone needs to remind these fuckers that they are ALL descendants of immigrants.

Katheryne Helendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:14 AM   #73 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium Hynes View Post
And your fucking shit of a president will not condemn facists.

https://twitter.com/HallieJackson/st...55151757783040
Quote:
"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence on many sides. On many sides." -@POTUS
"On all sides?" Is that code for "it's everyone's fault but mine (Trump's)"? So, apparently, he's not just condemning the white supremacists, but the counter-protesters as well. Nice.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:22 AM   #74 (permalink)
bunneh

My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 2006
Client: Firestorm and Project Bento
Courtesy of "Jean-Marc in Canada" on JMG:

Porsupah Ree is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 08-13-2017, 04:02 AM   #75 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:

I feel sick:

Ex-KKK Leader David Duke Says White Supremacists Will 'Fulfill' Trump's Promises | HuffPost
2 Users Said WTF?:
1 User Hugged You: