Spitting Out The Red Pill - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » Spitting Out The Red Pill

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2017, 11:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
captured like a Pokemans.

bitches love to be called beautiful.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: early 2006.

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Spitting Out The Red Pill

Spitting out the Red Pill: Former misogynists reveal how they were radicalised online

Quote:
The Red Pill is a philosophy, and reddit.com/r/TheRedPill is its home. The nearly 200,000 subscriber strong subreddit describes itself as a place for the “discussion of sexual strategy in a culture increasingly lacking a positive identity for men.” In itself, perhaps this doesn’t sound too bad.

In r/TheRedPill’s instance, the “dark truths” that the subreddit’s subscribers have swallowed are these: feminism is toxic, sexism is fake, men have it harder than women, and everything the media teaches about relationships is a lie. In reality (the argument goes) women don’t want soft-centred men/chocolates; they want to be dominated, controlled, and manipulated. The most extreme Red Pillers even believe that women want to be raped.
I'm sure the usual suspects will come in and #notallmen, but this is a pretty interesting read.

I can't believe the things that you'll say
To keep me around and close to your side.

-- Film School - Compare.

When a country is full of food, and exporting it, there can be no famine.
-- George Bernard Shaw.
Deca! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

SL Join Date: 17 June 2007
Business: Something Spunky
Innula Zenovka is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 07-09-2017, 12:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Just call me Beth

Singing along with old music

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 4 2009
Business: Moondrops ; Tempus Fugit; Faerycat Designs; sPunk
Client: Firestorm
I do think that their use of 'Red Pill' is rather ironic, considering the source of the concept, and the creators.

Aribeth Zelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aribeth Zelin View Post
I do think that their use of 'Red Pill' is rather ironic, considering the source of the concept, and the creators.
That and the color. The R party uses it too. It comes from election night coverage light colors, but you would think they would object.

What nickname was used for communists?

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 07-09-2017, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist

Heya ^_^

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 3/9/2006
There's are so many levels of irony here it's not even funny.

Poor teenagers going through regular teenage issues and delusions about the real world thinking that being a bunch of dickheads will get the laid more. Though based on at least one comment int he article it seems like maybe it does work.

The entire description describes pretty all of the alt-right haunts well also, /pol/, /r9k/, /r/the_donald etc. It's mentioned int he article as well how Trump is basically the embodiment of "manly" these communities promote as well, speaks a big game and doesn't take any flack from anyone etc etc. Even though Trump is hardly manly by any "real" definition, even on a basic primal level of being "super attractive".

http://allaroundthegrid.blogspot.com/
Ramen Jedburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 07-09-2017, 05:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: June 2007

There is nothing 'manly' about being an asshole.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen Jedburgh View Post
There's are so many levels of irony here it's not even funny.

Poor teenagers going through regular teenage issues and delusions about the real world thinking that being a bunch of dickheads will get the laid more. Though based on at least one comment int he article it seems like maybe it does work.

The entire description describes pretty all of the alt-right haunts well also, /pol/, /r9k/, /r/the_donald etc. It's mentioned int he article as well how Drumpf is basically the embodiment of "manly" these communities promote as well, speaks a big game and doesn't take any flack from anyone etc etc. Even though Drumpf is hardly manly by any "real" definition, even on a basic primal level of being "super attractive".
When will people learn reddit is for video games? Talking politics on there is using the wrong tool.
1 User Likes This:
Old 07-09-2017, 10:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

SL Join Date: Sept 2008
The other night I was thinking of things I see online, a lot of them here, and dwelling on how those issues have gone in my RL. It led me to write a couple, maybe more, txt files talking about them. Thinking there might be an opportunity to drop them here I tried hard for brevity. Alas.

One of the first was on this very subject. Feel free to copy/pasta to any Reddit threads involved, although I would appreciate you leaving my name off to at least add a level of doxxing protection, such as it is.

My story.

To All The incels, And To The PUA's & MRA's That Guide Them
In spite of the fact that you will find, if you're at all curious, that I am transgendered, I was once a cisgender male. I did not discover the depth of my female side until it surfaced, and by then I was already in my forties. This is about my life when I was still (as far as I knew) a cisgender male.

All this pick-up artistry and Men's Rights stuff is a bunch of hooey. Really. If sexual gratification is your goal (and if you are a young cisgender male it almost certainly is) there is a much easier and FAR more gratifying path. Wouldn't you rather a female WANT to be intimate with you as opposed to you talking her into doing so?

Let her ask you first. Seriously. If she likes you and if she wants to be intimate with you, she'll tell you, one way or another. You won't have to wonder. You'll know, when it happens. Trust me.

I shall give you an example from my life. It's a long story because back then in the Pleistoscene we were still waiting for the glaciers to retreat more. We learned patience.

I was a 19 or 20 year old single who had recently moved to San Jose, CA. 'd found what seemed like a good job and rented a studio apartment about a mile away. I did not have a car; mine had died. An avid reader, I would frequently walk to the library, which was in a Carnegie building, still alive but now, I believe, an art museum. The Main Library is not far away in a much larger and almost modern building.

I'd decided I would become a Great American Novelist. It therefore behooved me to get serious about the work of my forerunners. Thus on every trip I'd check out an armload of Hemingway, Faulkner, Updike, O'Hara, Steinbeck and many more, all the way back to John Dos Passos.
I'd often get my books checked out (as well as myself, as it turned out) by a young blonde librarian. She was slender, wore her hair a bit longer than shoulder length, had great cheekbones (that's not a euphemism; I am talking about the shape of her face), blue eyes, and she wore glasses. She was cute as hell. I'd try to get in her line to check out.

One night she commented on how many books I was reading, and we talked a bit. After that I'd look for her every visit, and one night (close to closing: I must have done that on purpose although I don't recall) I asked her if she'd like to go get a cup of coffee. She said yes. I don't know if we actually got coffee; I do remember we walked around downtown a long time, talking and learning about each other. I learned that she had a regular boyfriend, was Catholic, and lived at home with her family. She learned that I was single, not religious, lived alone, and although I did have someone I saw fairly often was unattached.

While this slow-motion courtship was going on I acquired an automobile. Wasn't much but it drove. So one night I asked her out on an actual date: a drive-in movie. I picked her up at her (parent's) house in the burbs and off we went. Was a pseudo Hell's Angels bike gang story (popular in those days). Don't know when but at some point she told me "Every girl wants to ride on the back of a motorcycle.". I have since learned that plenty of girls want to DRIVE the motorcycle. I suppose the two Venn Diagrams might intersect a little. Anyway, we made out, probably a lot. The movie ended and I took her home. Later, we were parked in front of HER PARENT'S AS IN FATHER'S house. He was a meat-cutter for a nearby supermarket, by the way.We made out some more.

At some point she hiked up her dress (in those days girls wore dresses and guys wore slacks on dates, drive-in movie or otherwise. Hers was a kind of sheath dress). In any case, she hiked up the bottom part, grabbed the steering wheel, and pivoted up and around until she wound up sitting in my lap astride my thighs and hips, hands on my shoulders and looking me straight in the eye.
That is what I meant. It's happened both before and since; that example is just my favorite illustration.

And btw I find that I seem to still love you, KvP. I sincerely hope you have had a great life so far.
Dillon Levenque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

Getting Back There

My Mood:
Client: Exodus

I honestly just don't understand these people.

Maybe its because I've never had a problem with meeting and interacting with people. I've also never had a problem becoming intimate with people. But for goodness sake, even the most ugly, socially awkward guys I've met, while there cup doesn't runeth over so to speak, aren't consistently bemoaning one half of the species as some grand conspiracy to keep them sexually frustrated.

Traditionally, my friends who have had the hardest time meeting people are generally gay men I know in small towns. I mean, are you women keeping them down too?

What a ridiculous fucking notion.
Wrong Weatherwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Read to the last post. ha

Twitter
Isabeau Imako is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This:
Old 07-10-2017, 09:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Well, if that tweeter does not like short haired women plenty of people (of all genders) do! Talk about self-selecting to reduce your dating pool.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

My Mood:

I'm guessing they hit on a woman with short hair and she rejected them.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Myf
McMahon

A Small Field Squirrel

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March '07
Business: The Kino Haus
Client: the one you hate

Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deca! View Post
I'm guessing they hit on a woman with short hair and she rejected them.
The short hair hate is a common meme with certain groups within the manosphere. They'll often witter on about it "ruining a woman's femininity, making her more mannish". Katy Perry is a current favourite target for instance, and you should've seen some of bile Emma Watson (already suspect because of her vocal support of feminism) got hit with when she was rocking a pixie cut.
Myf is online now   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 07-10-2017, 11:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

My Mood:

I guess I'm lucky in that the men in my life love my short hair and aren't threatened by it, because I'd sure hate to tell them to go fuck themselves.
1 User Agreed:
Old 07-10-2017, 11:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Myf
McMahon

A Small Field Squirrel

My Mood:

Short haired women Unite!

It's a weird as fuck attitude. I assume it's an artefact of the "men should be manly, women should be girly" (and yes, girly, not womanly. The implied infantilisation is important) strong, defined gender roles thing so many of these miscreants cleave to. Women with short hair (or dyed hair, or horror of horrors, short dyed hair) are subverting the natural order of things and must be, therefore "broken" somehow.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Verti's Minion

*SLU Supporter*

A dozen years of PURPLE!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March 5, 2005
I think a lot of these men look to blame everyone but themselves for personal shortcomings of which they are well aware.

Angry single men, I say to you: it isn't your place to judge women for their personal choices. Can't get a date? Take a long hard look in the mirror and mind your own damn business.
Sean Gorham is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 07-11-2017, 05:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myf View Post
The short hair hate is a common meme with certain groups within the manosphere. They'll often witter on about it "ruining a woman's femininity, making her more mannish". Katy Perry is a current favourite target for instance, and you should've seen some of bile Emma Watson (already suspect because of her vocal support of feminism) got hit with when she was rocking a pixie cut.
Everyone has 'their type' for one reason or another. I just could never understand pronouncing hatred for whatever it is because you will turn away even people not in that group.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:57 AM   #18 (permalink)
Myf
McMahon

A Small Field Squirrel

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Spengler View Post
Everyone has 'their type' for one reason or another. I just could never understand pronouncing hatred for whatever it is because you will turn away even people not in that group.
It's not even really a "not my type" thing for a lot of them, it's an ideological stance.

I would bet you a shiny nickel that many of the broflakes going "eww, ugly short-haired lesbo" jerk off just as furiously over Miley Cyrus with a faux hawk as Miley Cyrus with a lob. It's not about appearance or what gets their motor running. It's about the percieved symbolism. To them a woman with short hair is trying to "rise above her station." She's clearly trying to "look more like a man", so she can steal male roles and escape from her proper appointed place, either in the bedroom or the kitchen.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myf View Post
It's not even really a "not my type" thing for a lot of them, it's an ideological stance.

I would bet you a shiny nickel that many of the broflakes going "eww, ugly short-haired lesbo" jerk off just as furiously over Miley Cyrus with a faux hawk as Miley Cyrus with a lob. It's not about appearance or what gets their motor running. It's about the percieved symbolism. To them a woman with short hair is trying to "rise above her station." She's clearly trying to "look more like a man", so she can steal male roles and escape from her proper appointed place, either in the bedroom or the kitchen.
LOL! I usually wear my hair long because I never was able to growing up. Even though it looks more thin than it needs to be that way since the wight pulls everything down. Anyway, the last time I was at the stylist due to a miscommunication (and my not being able to see the mirror well with my glasses off) I wound up with a medium-length cut. I actually liked it because the overall look was of more volume. I was not trying to "look like a man", whatever that means.
2 Users Like This:
Old 07-11-2017, 09:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
Just call me Beth

My Mood:
Meanwhile, it takes effort to get my spouse not to super buzz the side of my head, and its only like half an inch right now and for at least two weeks he's been going 'Want me to redo the side, about twice a day.'

I even threatened to buzz it all off since its turning into a solid tangle every night when I sleep, and he's like 'Only if I can buzz mine.'

Men like this are just insecure assholes, really.
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 07-11-2017, 10:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
DILLIGAFF

Society's Lost Bird

SL Join Date: April 2004
Quote:
Meanwhile, it takes effort to get my spouse not to super buzz the side of my head, and its only like half an inch right now and for at least two weeks he's been going 'Want me to redo the side, about twice a day.'

I even threatened to buzz it all off since its turning into a solid tangle every night when I sleep, and he's like 'Only if I can buzz mine.'

Men like this are just insecure assholes, really.
Why not both? As in both of you shave your heads.

Bald is beautiful!

/me runs
Believe or you will not see.
WolfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 07-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Just call me Beth

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfEyes View Post
Why not both? As in both of you shave your heads.

Bald is beautiful!

/me runs
Because I love his hair and I'm lucky to get it a few inches past normal business cut.
3 Users Like This:
Old 07-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

My Mood:

Same with my best friend. He loves my short (almost buzzed) hair but if he ever shaved his head I'd probably cry. Not because of anything but the fact that he has amazing hair.
1 User Agreed:
Old 07-11-2017, 09:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
DILLIGAFF

Society's Lost Bird

SL Join Date: April 2004
Quote:
Because I love his hair and I'm lucky to get it a few inches past normal business cut.
I didn't mean it seriously.
WolfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Hugged You:
Old 07-12-2017, 05:49 AM   #25 (permalink)

Getting Back There

My Mood:
Client: Exodus

The more I read, the more I stop questioning why these guys have trouble getting laid.

"It has short hair! It must be a guy! Stop confusing us!"

Um dude, no.
Wrong Weatherwax is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed: