Wow! Trump revealed highly classified information to Russians - Page 3 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » WOW! Trump revealed highly classified information to Russians

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2017, 01:13 PM   #51 (permalink)
DILLIGAFF

Society's Lost Bird

SL Join Date: April 2004
If this has been posted already, sorry.

Israel Was Source of Secret Intelligence That Trump Gave to Russians, Officials Say
Believe or you will not see.
WolfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-16-2017, 01:49 PM   #52 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

SL Join Date: 17 June 2007
Business: Something Spunky
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfEyes View Post
Twitter
Innula Zenovka is online now   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 05-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #53 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
Spicer is currently doing an audio only press conference

https://www.facebook.com/washingtonp...c_ref=NEWSFEED
Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 05-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #55 (permalink)
I'm not Here!

hypnotized

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 1/25/2006
Business: looking for fresh start..
Client: Singularity
Send a message via Skype™ to Kalel
Crooked Hillary Clinton and her team "were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information." Not fit! - Donald Trump, 7/6/16

It's simple: Individuals who are ‘extremely careless’ w/ classified info should be denied further access to it. - Paul Ryan, 7/7/16

The FBI's decision regarding Clinton's mishandling of classified emails once again proves that she is DQ'd from being Commander in Chief. - Marco Rubio, 7/5/16

The appearance is terrible. The decision is astounding. Ppl have gone to jail for less severe classified breaches and national security. - Rand Paul, 7/5/16

But actually tell a hostile country 'code word' level classified intel --- nothing.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

"The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. -Jung"
Kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:17 PM   #56 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/20/2008
Client: LL Viewer V3

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lianne Marten View Post
Quote:
In short, what if Trump is exactly as he appears: a hopeless narcissist with the attention span of a fruit fly, unable to maintain consistent beliefs or commitments from moment to moment, acting on base instinct, entirely situationally, to bolster his terrifyingly fragile ego.
Nailed it. This is what we have to work with.

Katheryne Helendale is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 05-16-2017, 06:35 PM   #57 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/20/2008
Client: LL Viewer V3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Tebaldi View Post
Well gee, who the bleep dropped that ball, Mister National Security Adviser? What, are his daily intelligence briefings being disguised as casual breakfast chat or something?
I thought he eschewed the daily briefs because he could get all the information he needed from Breitbart and Fox News.
Katheryne Helendale is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-16-2017, 07:00 PM   #58 (permalink)
Myf
McMahon

A Small Field Squirrel

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March '07
Business: Myficalities
Client: the one you hate

Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innula Zenovka View Post
<Insane Trump clothes dryer video her>
I had a dryer threaten to do that once. I had to switch the power to the laundry off because I was too scared to go near it.
Myf is online now   Reply With Quote
2 Users Hugged You:
Old 05-16-2017, 07:21 PM   #59 (permalink)
Senior Discount

Jesus is coming. Look busy!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: August 21, 2007
Client: Anything But 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfEyes View Post
Oh, well, then. This will all work out fine. Those wacky Israelis are known for their rollicking good sense of humor about intelligence high-jinks.

Rollicking, I tell ya.

U.S. Only
Casey Pelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:23 PM   #60 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katheryne Helendale View Post
I thought he eschewed the daily briefs because he could get all the information he needed from Breitbart and Fox News.
He eschewed the normal several-pages-long daily briefs that every other president has taken, and instead demanded a simplified 1-2 page summary with pictures. Or at least that's what has been alleged by the intelligence community.
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 05-16-2017, 07:48 PM   #61 (permalink)
DILLIGAFF

Society's Lost Bird

Quote:
He eschewed the normal several-pages-long daily briefs that every other president has taken, and instead demanded a simplified 1-2 page summary with pictures. Or at least that's what has been alleged by the intelligence community.

Summary with pictures aka storybook. I think this one is Traitor Trump's favorite.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:09 PM   #62 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality

Dressed up like a car crash

My Mood:
Client: Black Dragon, FS, SL Viewer
Quote:
And I have seen it reported that sometimes he does not even bother to read those.

Apparently what he revealed concerns efforts to get laptop bombs aboard airplanes and the information does seem to have come form easier with enough detail that one can pinpoint the region where the intel came to Israel from. This was handed to the Russians, who can now share it with their allies in Iran.

Trump Revealed Intel on the Most Serious Plot Against U.S. Planes Since 9/11

Quote:
And now the revelation that the Oval Office conversation between President Trump and top Russian officials included details of intelligence warnings about laptop bombs would explain what has been driving DHS’s urgent efforts to persuade European officials the devices should be banned from the cabins of all European flights to North America.

It is also very likely that the intelligence behind this move was so sensitive that U.S. officials did not wish to disclose it during the conference call they held with European Commission officials Friday. Ironically, the two sides are now due to meet in Brussels amid a firestorm of alarm about the exposure by the president of information that could help the Russians and others to trace the source of the intelligence and thereby jeopardize international collaboration in the fight against terrorism.

As one former, top European intelligence official told The Daily Beast: “The U.K intelligence community was already extremely angry over Trump’s assertion that GCHQ [Britain’s equivalent of the National Security Agency] helped Obama wiretap the Trump campaign. This is not conducive to healthy intelligence-sharing relationships. The U.S. intelligence and diplomatic communities are going to be cleaning up after this blunder for a long time.”
What is so offensive and what is so mind bending for me is that, despite their voices of "concern" it is pretty clear that the GOP will not push for or even allow any action to be taken by the minority against Trump. There will be no impeachment. He was absolutely right when he said that he could shoot a person in the street in New York and no one would do a thing.
Soda Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 05-17-2017, 12:32 PM   #63 (permalink)

My Mood:

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Putin Offers to Provide a Transcript - Moscow says it will give the U.S. Congress evidence Trump didn’t reveal highly classified information to top Russian officials.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!” -- C. Johnson
detrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #64 (permalink)
DILLIGAFF

Society's Lost Bird

I wonder how doctored that transcript will be.

If you get the feeling that I will never believe anything Traitor Trump and Ass Putin says, you'd be correct.
1 User Likes This:
Old 05-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #65 (permalink)
Intolerant of intolerance

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
SL Join Date: January 2007
Business: Vent du sud
In my former life, a very high-ranking UK cop said that the idea in the UK was to establish a "dare to share" attitude when it came to info about terrorist threats.

He added that so far (this was early last year) it had been useful. He added, however, that if any "partner" proved unreliable, then that sharing would be discontinued.

Yes, this is about policing issues, but in the UK they were also making progress with sharing between the police and intel internally and internationally - which is no easy matter. I won't bore you with that.

I find myself imagining discussions right now, as in "yup, we can call the Cheeto Monster pretty effing unreliable. Close the pipelines, guys."

As a certain person would say... sad.

ETA I read on some UK new site that the UK has committed to "continuing to share intel". Hmmmm. But then we are talking about She Who Held Donald's Hand.

Last edited by Ariadne Korda; 05-17-2017 at 01:05 PM. Reason: ETA
Ariadne Korda is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Likes This:
Old 05-17-2017, 05:09 PM   #66 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

It may well be different in anti-terrorism but, least according to a friend of mine who's pretty high up in what used to be the Enforcement Division of HM Customs and is now called the Border Force, getting the Intelligence Services to share anything useful about who is smuggling large amounts of drugs, firearms or people is quite difficult.

He finds other countries' uniformed border and law enforcement agencies, even in places like Turkey, a lot more open and easy to deal with than our Intelligence chaps.

That's partly, I think, because ultimately the Intelligence and the Enforcement agencies have very different objectives -- the intel people put a great deal of time and effort into building networks of informants and surveillance, which they want to keep going in order to gain information, while the law enforcement people's activities tend to disrupt all this.

Last edited by Innula Zenovka; 05-18-2017 at 10:32 AM.
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #67 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality

My Mood:
File this under "Be careful what you ask for".

Conservatives begin to whisper: President Pence

Quote:
The pining for Pence is nothing new, however. From Capitol Hill to K Street, the notion that many Republicans prefer Pence to Trump in the Oval Office is perhaps the worst-kept secret in Washington.

Just ask Republican lobbyists who have watched the Trump administration struggle to move tax reform, health care and other top priorities.

“I find it unlikely that Trump is going anywhere,” one GOP lobbyist, who spoke on condition of anonymity, wrote in an email. “That being said, Pence is well-liked on the Hill, fairly predictable, and doesn't stir up much unnecessary drama.”
A President Pence, with a GOP controlled Congress, could easily make liberals and moderates a like long for the days of President Trump.
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-17-2017, 06:10 PM   #68 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda Sullivan View Post
A President Pence, with a GOP controlled Congress, could easily make liberals and moderates a like long for the days of President Trump.
I really have to disagree. Red-hot iron slivers mercilessly pounded beneath my fingernails could not make me long for the days of President Trump.
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 05-17-2017, 06:14 PM   #69 (permalink)
Senior Discount

Jesus is coming. Look busy!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: August 21, 2007
Client: Anything But 2
"Evidence? You need evidence? Ha! Crazy Americanskis. Well, is not problem. We are -- oops! Were KGB! We are greater fiction writers than Tolstoy. Come. We make evidence. Here, have vodka. What kind evidence you want?"
Casey Pelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:17 PM   #70 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 1, 2006
Quote:
File this under "Be careful what you ask for".

Conservatives begin to whisper: President Pence

That's certain for domestic policy, but at least we wouldn't have to worry about Pence starting WWIII.
Cristalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:28 PM   #71 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality

My Mood:
Quote:
I really have to disagree. Red-hot iron slivers mercilessly pounded beneath my fingernails could not make me long for the days of President Trump.
Pence is a crafty, methodical, highly experienced ultra conservative. He will not make Trump's blundering errors and his politics make Trump's look moderate. Trump is hateful and mean, but he is also a buffoon. Trump is Trump's worst enemy. Look at Pence's human rights record in Indiana. It is terrifying. The only way I want him in office is highly damaged by all the scandal and with the left controlling at least one house of Congress.
2 Users Agreed:
Old 05-17-2017, 06:43 PM   #72 (permalink)

lost in time...

My Mood:
Quote:
Wholeheartedly agree.
I'm tired of 45's drama, and the Republicans' willingness to stop it all under the rug. I've had more anxiety and depression since his election (going back to campaign days, too) than I've had in a long time.
I can't help wondering sometimes if the suicide rate has gone up since November.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Romana is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 05-17-2017, 08:09 PM   #73 (permalink)
Just call me Beth

Singing along with old music

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 4 2009
Business: Moondrops ; Tempus Fugit; Faerycat Designs; sPunk
Client: Firestorm
Honestly? I would hope, if it is proved that Pence is complicit in all of this, as well as Twitler's cabinet and the like? That none of them get to go to the Oval Office. And if it is proven that Ryan is complicit, that he also not get there - at that point, I think we end up with Hatch was it?

But Trump has made my anxiety go through the roof, and if we got another president, maybe we'd get new cabinet personal that would further decimate the GOP majority in congress as well as remove Sessions, DeVos and their ilk from power.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:25 PM   #74 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

This clip of Mr Putin's press conference shows him enjoying the chaos in Washington DC bigly, perhaps even yuuugly

Putin laughs at political chaos in the US - BBC News
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 05-17-2017, 08:37 PM   #75 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Nevertheless, she persisted.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
Quote:
Pence is a crafty, methodical, highly experienced ultra conservative. He will not make Trump's blundering errors and his politics make Trump's look moderate. Trump is hateful and mean, but he is also a buffoon. Trump is Trump's worst enemy. Look at Pence's human rights record in Indiana. It is terrifying. The only way I want him in office is highly damaged by all the scandal and with the left controlling at least one house of Congress.
Pence could have a major problem if all this comes to pass, though. Depending on how quickly he succeeds to the Oval, there could very possibly be a Dem-majority Congress in the works or already sitting.

Of course, for that to happen, voters are going to have to not forget the anger they're now feeling at Congress over Health Care to name just one issue.