93% of Trump voters approve of the job he is doing. - Page 3 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » 93% of Trump voters approve of the job he is doing.

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2017, 03:26 PM   #51 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
The whining about how the DNC abandoned white people is beyond me, and the "poor me" whining in this thread by white people is pissing me right off. Between the two parties, they are the ONLY ones who want to help poor and working class people of any stripe.

Yes, if you voted for Trump, you are beyond stupid, and probably vile as well. There, I said it. I don't give a shit how much college you had, you got taken in by a lying con, all because you don't want to share and play nicely with other poor and working class people (aka anyone who isn't white, and let's add women in there too, as that played a huge part in this goddamn election).
Jolene Benoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:50 PM   #52 (permalink)
Never taped a dick

My God, this reminds me

My Mood:
SL Join Date: This time: 10/12/2010
Client: A few different ones

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolene Benoir View Post
The whining about how the DNC abandoned white people is beyond me, and the "poor me" whining in this thread by white people is pissing me right off.
OMG. You and me both. In case my prior posts didn't make it obvious.

Quote:
Yes, if you voted for Trump, you are beyond stupid, and probably vile as well. There, I said it. I don't give a shit how much college you had, you got taken in by a lying con, all because you don't want to share and play nicely with other poor and working class people (aka anyone who isn't white, and let's add women in there too, as that played a huge part in this goddamn election).
I'm going to expand on this to add that if you cast a "protest" vote.. loudly... you were heard. By the non criminal immigrant mother of 4 who never hurt anyone but who now can't be with her 3 year old epileptic daughter because her daughter's here and she's been deported. You were heard by the people with pre-existing conditions who might lose the protection of not being denied coverage. You were heard by the swamp people who now inhabit the White House. You were heard by all the people who have suffered more and longer than you and now will suffer even more.

Yeah. You were heard and you can now take pride in that, if that's how you roll. Good for you. Hope it works out the way you expect and hope for.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shilohlyric/
http://shilohlyric.wordpress.com/
Shiloh Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 05-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #53 (permalink)
Senior Discount

Jesus is coming. Look busy!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: August 21, 2007
Client: Anything But 2
It's not too complicated.

If you voted for a slate of candidates who quite openly advocated belligerent, racist, sexist, homophobic, toxic policies then you want America's policies to be belligerent, racist, sexist, homophobic, and toxic.

It doesn't matter what your sexual orientation is, what race you are, what races your friends are, or what your (or their) gender identification might be. It doesn't even matter if you are, generally, a Really Nice Guy.

Voting for those policies means you are ............. well, since you've been to college and all, I'm sure you can connect the dots.

U.S. Only
Casey Pelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:28 PM   #54 (permalink)
Never taped a dick

My God, this reminds me

My Mood:

This article seemed fitting to this thread, and especially this (rather long) excerpt:

Quote:
Tom Nichols, a Naval War College professor, is the author of a poignant new book, “The Death of Expertise: The Campaign Against Established Knowledge and Why It Matters.” Nichols dissected the current dominance of social media and with it the rise of a phenomenon in which nonexperts believe they’re experts in everything, while refusing to accept the word of actual experts. There couldn’t be a volume better suited for the Age of Trump, when disinformation, whether domestic or foreign in origin, is so heavily dragging the discourse away from facts and reality.

In a recap of Trump’s first 100 days, Nichols also published an article for USA Today in which he observed that Trump’s voters aren’t bothered by his incompetence because they don’t possess enough of a basic understanding of politics to recognize why his presidency is such a calamity.

“It is a matter of political literacy,” Nichols wrote. “The fact of the matter is that too many Trump supporters do not hold the president responsible for his mistakes or erratic behavior because they are incapable of recognizing them as mistakes. They lack the foundational knowledge and basic political engagement required to know the difference between facts and errors, or even between truth and lies.”

It shouldn’t require a higher education in American government to be an informed voter. But when voters begin experimenting with the presidency, as is the case with an untested, inexperienced celebrity like Trump, it’s obvious they lack the basic vocabulary to understand why this experiment will surely fail. Worse, this political illiteracy prevents voters from having a clear understanding of what could happen if an erratic cartoon supervillain becomes president. In other words, Trumpers failed to grasp the catastrophic consequences of their ill-conceived experiment. Then again, who can blame them when the conservative entertainment complex and the entire Republican Party — along with, yes, Russian intelligence operatives — helped to confirm their biases?

Elsewhere, the cable news media has been actively scolding anyone who condescends to Trump voters for their uninformed, knee-jerk decisions. OK, we don’t have to be jerks about it, but we can’t reinforce this lack of political literacy by allowing it to become normalized or widely accepted. When American citizens make stupid, existentially flawed decisions, they should be corrected. We can’t wait for a thousand horrible things to collapse on our heads so Trumpers will finally see the light. Nichols wrote in his USA Today piece, “Even so, the unwillingness of so many of [Trump’s] supporters to hold him to even a minimal standard of accountability means that a certain amount of condescension from the rest of us is unavoidable.” Exactly.
Donald Trump thought being president “would be easier” — and so did his deeply ignorant voters - Salon.com
Old 05-01-2017, 09:29 PM   #55 (permalink)

Scanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
and I wish people would stop automatically assuming I am a vile piece of shit because of how I voted.
Too bad. You are and many have no problem forever letting you know this.
bcBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 05-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #56 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/20/2008
Client: LL Viewer V3

Quote:
I did not vote out of bitterness, fear, or rage, and I wish people would stop automatically assuming I am a vile piece of shit because of how I voted.

Rude. I am actually intelligent. Average intelligence probably, but I have went to college, I did 6 semesters of government too. When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me.

I am a gay white male from a major city? I am all for legal immigration? I have friends from pretty much every race and walk of life, and a lot of trans friends? Is this stereotype open minded people?
I am genuinely, honestly curious here: Given your credentials, why Trump? What did Trump have to offer that none of the other candidates did?

Katheryne Helendale is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 05-01-2017, 11:20 PM   #57 (permalink)
Fizzy!

Refreshing!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: '06
Business: Darnkeyes!

Awards: 2
Supermodel of the World 
Quote:
Rude. I am actually intelligent. Average intelligence probably, but I have went to college, I did 6 semesters of government too. When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me.
You voted for trump so this is hard to believe.

Quote:
I am a gay white male from a major city? I am all for legal immigration? I have friends from pretty much every race and walk of life, and a lot of trans friends? Is this stereotype open minded people?

But not all Trump supporters are terrible awful evil racist people. Most of the people I know that voted for him are gay, trans, or legal Mexican immigrants. Cue the hate train.
People who voted for trump might not technically be terrible awful evil racist people (certainly doesn't help their case against it) but they supported one who is, and they're dumb too.

Ahaha, such a simpleton. It'z so much fun playing jokez on you. I waz only here to see how she waz doing, but I had fun while I waz at it. So long, Sere, au revoir, mon ami! Pleaze dream of moi every night! Oui! ~ Harle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalStrange View Post
That's your own fault. I took your panties out of your mouth pages ago. Now you just like them there.
Lady Darnk Juniorette is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 05-01-2017, 11:22 PM   #58 (permalink)

Wanda Belinda is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
1 User Agreed:
2 Users Like This:
Old 05-01-2017, 11:28 PM   #59 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality

Dressed up like a car crash

My Mood:
Client: Black Dragon, FS, SL Viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Xue View Post
If you believe Warren's point connects in any way with Trump voters giving him an almost universal thumb's up, might you try explaining it to this poor stupid citizen?
Sure. As she says. people are angry at the government that they feel is supposed to be looking out for them.. That is a common thread with the Trumpaholics, he even fed on that anger to get elected.. Being poor and scared will make over look just about anything, including comments about pussy grabbing. As Mahar points out, she has the correct message, but no one in middle America trusts her. Again. Having the right message, but failing to get it across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriell Anatra View Post
No. It wasn't. This whole "You're a zealot for voting any beliefs but fundamentalist." is very familiar to me.

It's the same old song I've heard a thousand times before and from the same sources. "Be more practical!"
You should ALWAYS vote your beliefs. I have not read anything by anyone in this thread suggesting otherwise. We are just discussing crafting a political message and running a campaign to reach the most people in the right places in order to win a national election. At least I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh Lyric View Post
"The White Working Class". I'm getting really fucked off with seeing that constantly. The Democratic Party abandoned the "White Working class", huh? Shouldn't we just have a Working Class that's not racially divided?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolene Benoir View Post
The whining about how the DNC abandoned white people is beyond me, and the "poor me" whining in this thread by white people is pissing me right off. Between the two parties, they are the ONLY ones who want to help poor and working class people of any stripe.

I challenge either of you to find comment in this thread where I mentioned “white working class”. I hate the phrase just much as you do. (I also hate the phrase “Black Lives Matter” which I am sure someone will give me shit about but I don't care.) It is not about color and it has not been for a while. It is about being a part of the working poor vs. being financially secure.

Now the Democrats have a better plan to make more poor people financially secure, they just have not figured out how to convey that message. The Republicans have fear and they know how get that message out very easily, often with the help of Democrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishina View Post
a significant section of the adult population have the moral development, emotional stability and political judgement of a teenage edgelord and no sense of long-term consequences.
Is there any doubt? Turn on your television.
Soda Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:29 PM   #60 (permalink)
captured like a Pokemans.

bitches love to be called beautiful.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: early 2006.

I'd be surprised if Nebula even replies.

His modus operandi seems to be to seek out the thread filled with people wondering how the fuck Trump was elected, come out with a bunch of random shite, then cry victim and flounce when people ask him why he voted for Trump.

Example: see the Election Night thread.

I'm not sure if it's some sort of bored attempt at a troll or if he really is that dim. Since he voted for Trump I'll assume a bit of both.

I can't believe the things that you'll say
To keep me around and close to your side.

-- Film School - Compare.

When a country is full of food, and exporting it, there can be no famine.
-- George Bernard Shaw.
Deca! is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 05-01-2017, 11:43 PM   #61 (permalink)

SL Join Date: Sept 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda Sullivan View Post
It is not about color and it has not been for a while. It is about being a part of the working poor vs. being financially secure.
I fully appreciate the intent, but I disagree. It IS about color. Still.

Everything you said about the working class in this post and in posts before and after is true, but people of color are still at a disadvantage (not a legal one, but one that exists nonetheless) simply because they ARE "people of color'.

That really can't be successfully denied. Racism still runs deep in this country and this country was originally settled by European Caucasians. People like that are deemed 'eligible' by default. Everyone else has to prove themselves.

That's racism. We fight it tooth and nail and with each generation it gets hammered down more. But it is still there.
Dillon Levenque is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 05-02-2017, 03:11 AM   #62 (permalink)

Scanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaida Gearbox View Post
The white working class, and the fact that they hold us in obvious contempt is why we left.
If this is a fact, you will have no problem giving an example of how the working class . . . white working class had been held in contempt, right? I'm anxious to hear it.

Quote:
Even with hindsight and knowing what I know now - I wouldn't change my vote if they decided to do a redo tomorrow, nor would any member of my family that I've talked to.
You don't even need hindsight if you've watched this board through the last year. You're quite satisfied the way things are, which is, kind of vile.

Quote:
some sort of magic privilege for being white.
So - after mocking the concept of white privilege as something magical because you don't want to consider it, and thought it relevant enough to begin your post - you still end it trying to convince us that race was not an issue. You probably displayed a deplorable moniker proudly. Why should it bother you now?
bcBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:08 AM   #63 (permalink)
Millitant Atheist

MotoXexual

Quote:
Right, but the question was whether or not they can be reasoned with and won over, what kind of hurdle that poses. Not whether there is any doubt they exist.
Ishina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:09 AM   #64 (permalink)
Nemo me impune lacessit

*SLU Supporter*

We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation. -Voltaire

My Mood:
Business: Radio Free Darkmere

Most Erotic Salma Hayek Youtube Clip 
Quote:
I am a gay white male from a major city
The Turkey who voted for Christmas, starring Nebula at a gay conversion clinic cinema near you, now.
Lucifer Baphomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:07 AM   #65 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
People are generally idiots. The only time you should lodge a protest vote is if your state is so solidly one color or the other that you would bet your life of the local results without a hint of hesitation. If you live somewhere at all purple treat your vote as if it was the sole deciding ballot in your state/county/district. Decide where your vote will do the most good, even if you have to hold your nose to do it.

Do not like it? Move somewhere where the vote is so lopsided it does not matter who you vote for or even if you vote.

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-02-2017, 05:49 PM   #66 (permalink)

Building Better Worlds since 1979

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jun 27, 2006
Client: 7 of them (I like testing)
Quote:
I wish people would stop automatically assuming I am a vile piece of shit because of how I voted.
I think you're a vile piece of shit because of how you acted in Guardians of the Galaxy:

DanielRavenNest is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 05-02-2017, 06:41 PM   #67 (permalink)
Never taped a dick

My God, this reminds me

My Mood:

Quote:

I challenge either of you to find comment in this thread where I mentioned “white working class”. I hate the phrase just much as you do. (I also hate the phrase “Black Lives Matter” which I am sure someone will give me shit about but I don't care.) It is not about color and it has not been for a while. It is about being a part of the working poor vs. being financially secure.

Now the Democrats have a better plan to make more poor people financially secure, they just have not figured out how to convey that message. The Republicans have fear and they know how get that message out very easily, often with the help of Democrats

You 'challenge' me? I didn't say that *you* used the term 'white working class'. Um...I "challenge" you to find a comment in this thread where I said you mentioned 'white working class'. My comment wasn't directed at you, but I appreciate that you dislike it as much as I do.

BLM, by the way, IS about color and race. There's reasons for that. You know...like THIS

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/...-balch-springs

but that would be for a different thread.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 05-02-2017, 07:56 PM   #68 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality

Dressed up like a car crash

My Mood:
Client: Black Dragon, FS, SL Viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishina View Post
Right, but the question was whether or not they can be reasoned with and won over, what kind of hurdle that poses. Not whether there is any doubt they exist.
If reason fails, there's always just trickery and dangling something shiny in front of them perhaps?
Soda Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:59 PM   #69 (permalink)
DILLIGAFF

Society's Lost Bird

SL Join Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh Lyric View Post
This article seemed fitting to this thread, and especially this (rather long) excerpt:

Donald Trump thought being president “would be easier” — and so did his deeply ignorant voters - Salon.com
Quote:
an untested, inexperienced celebrity like Trump,
Where the hell was this guy (Tom Nichols) when Reagan got elected to the California governorship which led to his being elected POTUS?

Yeah, yeah, I know. Arnold. Except Arnold was long after Reagan and can't legally run for POTUS.
Believe or you will not see.
WolfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:04 PM   #70 (permalink)
DILLIGAFF

Society's Lost Bird

Quote:

Killing off anyone is extreme, who gives 2 shits about parties. You should always vote for the person who you think can better do the job. The second time Obama ran I ended up voting for Johnson I think, because I didn't fully agree with Obama enough to vote for him, and magic morman underwear was a big nope.

I'm not defending Neb so don't try to get me down that road. I'm just pointing out that he said he voted for Johnson, not Trump. I seem to recall him saying the same thing months ago. Or perhaps I am confusing him with Tex or Twisted.

I don't think Neb deserves to have his shit jumped in for voting for Trump when he voted for Johnson is all.
1 User Disagreed:
Old 05-02-2017, 08:30 PM   #71 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/20/2008
Client: LL Viewer V3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfEyes View Post
I'm not defending Neb so don't try to get me down that road. I'm just pointing out that he said he voted for Johnson, not Trump. I seem to recall him saying the same thing months ago. Or perhaps I am confusing him with Tex or Twisted.

I don't think Neb deserves to have his shit jumped in for voting for Trump when he voted for Johnson is all.
I think what Nebula said was that he voted for Johnson when Obama was running for his second term, in 2012. It's not very clear, but he did indicate he voted for Trump last November.
Katheryne Helendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:45 PM   #72 (permalink)
DILLIGAFF

Society's Lost Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katheryne Helendale View Post
I think what Nebula said was that he voted for Johnson when Obama was running for his second term, in 2012. It's not very clear, but he did indicate he voted for Trump last November.
Ok. Sorry. I'm a bit addled after having to spend several hours on the phone today dealing with mother's estate (closed over 10 years ago) and I'm fighting a headache so I'm not surprised I misread what he said.

People, please, please make sure you dot all the i's and cross all the t's when it comes to leaving your affairs in order for when it's your time to go. Don't put your loved ones through the crap I'm having to go through, having to fight to get what is rightfully and legally mine because the companies* involved want to keep my money.

And if you buy a life insurance policy for your spouse (you are policy owner but policy covers spouse, not you) please make damn sure your beneficiaries know that, so it can be addressed before a decade passes. It does make a difference in how it is handled when a beneficiary files a death disbursement claim. Also make damn sure any capital stock is included in the estate. Believe me, you do not want your loved ones to have to deal with reopening an estate and getting the actual successors named legally through the court.

*MetLife and Computershare
Old 05-02-2017, 10:06 PM   #73 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
Quote:

I wasn't responding or directing my comments to you at all.

I will say that you are dead wrong when you believe it's not about color.
Jolene Benoir is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 05-03-2017, 07:27 PM   #74 (permalink)
Mootles

Too drive to drink

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2004/2005
Client: c0ff33
Send a message via MSN to Nebula Send a message via Skype™ to Nebula
Most of the time I don't respond because it gets jumped on and derails people's conversation. I'm not trying to troll and I don't even care about hate being flung at me. You get used to that I'm life as it is. No I responded to this thread simply because I have a difference of opinion. Apprently that makes me dim, racist, and uneducated. Look people, I'm not gonna be rude, I'm not gonna yell, I will just choose to disagree. If hillary had won I'd have been chill with it. But I'm Goin back to silently lurking and reading most of the political discussions here. Also let it be known I don't always agree with Trump. I didn't vote for Obama, but I was pleased with some of the things he did. I'm sure you can all agree to be angry next year when I agree with x or y political view.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:39 PM   #75 (permalink)
captured like a Pokemans.

bitches love to be called beautiful.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: early 2006.

No one's flinging hate. Unlike the guy you voted for.
Deca! is offline   Reply With Quote