93% of Trump voters approve of the job he is doing. - Page 2 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » 93% of Trump voters approve of the job he is doing.


Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

 
Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2017, 04:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
I'm not Here!
 
Kalel's Avatar
hypnotized
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,803
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 1/25/2006
Business: looking for fresh start..
Client: Singularity
Send a message via Skype™ to Kalel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Xue View Post
Should we just start killing his fanatics off or something? I mean really, how exactly are you seeing the Dems winning these people over to our side?

Myself, I'm focused on more important things.
honestly i'm surprised we have gotten this far so peacefully.
__________________
"The wisest of men know what they do not yet know.""The paradox of knowledge is that it’s always on your side, but not always in your favor."

"The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. -Jung"
Kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-29-2017, 08:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Just call me Beth
 
Aribeth Zelin's Avatar
Singing along with old music
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Out in the mists
Posts: 8,471
My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 4 2009
Business: Moondrops ; Tempus Fugit; Faerycat Designs; sPunk
Client: Firestorm
My spouse talks about how we're heading from Capitalism to Post-Scarcity. The problem is, we need a basic income if we have no jobs - which I don't see happening.
__________________

Aribeth Zelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:00 AM   #28 (permalink)
子猫女王
 
Katheryne Helendale's Avatar
(Loading...)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Right... behind... you...
Posts: 5,330
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/20/2008
Client: LL Viewer V3

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Xue View Post
Should we just start killing his fanatics off or something? I mean really, how exactly are you seeing the Dems winning these people over to our side?
Well, there's hope that perhaps they'll kill themselves off with their own blind stupidity. I just can't believe that, even 100 days later, there are still so many delusional people here in America - people who genuinely believe Trump accomplished as much as he claims to have accomplished, beyond looking like a buffoon. I truly despair for our future.
__________________
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,
the world will know peace.
-J. Hendrix

Katheryne Helendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:51 AM   #29 (permalink)
Eternal Newbie

*SLU Supporter*
Entirely without credibility
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 3,187
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 21 June 2009
Client: Firestorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielRavenNest View Post
The real conundrum can be summarized by this question: "If robots take all our jobs, who's going to buy the stuff they make?"
I remember having the same conversation with my then boss 40 years ago, except it was ""If outsourcing take all our jobs, how are we going to buy the stuff they make?". I'm glad I was working-age back then, I'd hate to be in the job-market now.*

* I was made redundant after 20 years in the same place, who gets to even stay in the same place for that long now ?
Arkady Arkright is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 04-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #30 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*
 
Free Xue's Avatar
I'm not finished.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 51,222
My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008
Blog Entries: 10

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katheryne Helendale View Post
I just can't believe that, even 100 days later, there are still so many delusional people here in America - people who genuinely believe Trump accomplished as much as he claims to have accomplished, beyond looking like a buffoon.
When their only real political philosophy seems to be "do it because it'll piss off liberals," there's not much for the real people out here to work with.
__________________
Mass starvation of virtual bunnies due to a cease and desist order. Now THAT is Second Life!
la lucha sigue...
Free Xue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:57 AM   #31 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*
 
Free Xue's Avatar
I'm not finished.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 51,222
My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008
Blog Entries: 10

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Free Xue is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 04-30-2017, 01:53 PM   #32 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality
 
Soda Sullivan's Avatar
Dressed up like a car crash
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,715
My Mood:
Client: Black Dragon, FS, SL Viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Xue View Post
Should we just start killing his fanatics off or something? I mean really, how exactly are you seeing the Dems winning these people over to our side?

Myself, I'm focused on more important things.
Well, killing off your fellow Democrats might be a bit extreme. Not that I am willing to rule it out mind you, I just think the answer is much easier. You talk to them about the things that matter to them. NOt you ...them. "It is the economy stupid." Say What You Mean—and Mean What You Say and get off the cable news echo chamber get out to to where the voters are. Sanders seems to be the only one who gets it.
Soda Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DanielRavenNest's Avatar
Building Better Worlds since 1979
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In UR Internetz
Posts: 7,995
My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jun 27, 2006
Client: 7 of them (I like testing)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aribeth Zelin View Post
The problem is, we need a basic income if we have no jobs - which I don't see happening.
That isn't the only way to deal with the jobpocalypse (robots took my job), and not even the best one. An income transfer program is a government program, and therefore subject to all the meddling politicans are capable of. It also isn't sustainable on a large scale. If all the jobs go away, what are you going to tax to fund the basic income?

My preferred approach is to use smart tools (automation, robots, and AI) to supply people's needs directly, with people having an ownership stake in the tools. This is affordable because smart tools can produce more smart tools. So if a group of people split the cost of the first set of such tools, eventually everyone benefits from them.
DanielRavenNest is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Disagreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 04-30-2017, 06:02 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Zaida Gearbox's Avatar
I finally got it all together, but now I forget where I put it.
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Palermo
Posts: 6,089
My Mood:
Democrats say they now know exactly why Clinton lost

From the article: "Much of the debate over how to proceed has centered on whether the party should try to win back working-class white voters — who make up most of the Obama-Trump voters — or focus instead on mobilizing its base."

I'm sorry but who the hell do they think the Democratic base has been historically? The white working class, and the fact that they hold us in obvious contempt is why we left.

My entire family voted for Obama in '08 and '12. My step-father is the only member of the family who voted for Hillary. I voted for Gary Johnson because I figured he'd be the loudest protest vote. Hubman wrote in. Spawn stayed home. Mom voted third party. Brother Beast and Sister-in-law voted for Trump. Until this past election, I'd always voted Democrat in the national elections. I occasionally vote Republican in state and local elections. I'm independent like that.

Even with hindsight and knowing what I know now - I wouldn't change my vote if they decided to do a redo tomorrow, nor would any member of my family that I've talked to.

Because between the DNC's obvious contempt for the white working class, and the recent announcement that people who lean pro-life are no longer even welcome in the DNC anyway. Well.... as far as I'm concerned the entire DNC can climb up its collective asshole and disappear, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Zaida Gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
1 User Laughed:
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-30-2017, 07:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*
 
Free Xue's Avatar
I'm not finished.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 51,222
My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008
Blog Entries: 10

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaida Gearbox View Post
From the article: "Much of the debate over how to proceed has centered on whether the party should try to win back working-class white voters — who make up most of the Obama-Trump voters
Free Xue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:55 PM   #36 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality
 
Soda Sullivan's Avatar
Dressed up like a car crash
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,715
My Mood:
Client: Black Dragon, FS, SL Viewer
Much better and more statistically accurate clip from same show with Warren pointing out that the Democrats have a populist message and yet Trump sold the voters a populist message that Democrats cant manage to express, even though their policies are better, and how their is a legitimate anger among all voters that HAS to be addressed.

Soda Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 04-30-2017, 08:09 PM   #37 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*
 
Free Xue's Avatar
I'm not finished.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 51,222
My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008
Blog Entries: 10

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
If you believe Warren's point connects in any way with Trump voters giving him an almost universal thumb's up, might you try explaining it to this poor stupid citizen?
Free Xue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:12 PM   #38 (permalink)
Imp
 
Gabriell Anatra's Avatar
Who are you?
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In between.
Posts: 5,669
My Mood:
SL Join Date: Early '06 or late '05, not sure.
Client: Singularity, mostly.
Ok. Deal.

I'm done with it. I'll take a page from your play book and just chuck it all into the shitter.

Soon as we're divested we're out. Let the country go shit itself for all I care.


Gabriell Anatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:23 PM   #39 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*
 
Free Xue's Avatar
I'm not finished.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 51,222
My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008
Blog Entries: 10

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriell Anatra View Post
I'll take a page from your play book and just chuck it all into the shitter.
I hope that wasn't intended for me because you're not even a little close in regards to my "playbook."
Free Xue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #40 (permalink)
Imp
 
Gabriell Anatra's Avatar
Who are you?
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In between.
Posts: 5,669
My Mood:
SL Join Date: Early '06 or late '05, not sure.
Client: Singularity, mostly.
No. It wasn't. This whole "You're a zealot for voting any beliefs but fundamentalist." is very familiar to me.

It's the same old song I've heard a thousand times before and from the same sources. "Be more practical!"

Ok. Here that means you don't even need to ask if you vote republican, and you probably know who too. Family first, even if you hate them, 'cause family, then employers, 'cause they're the boss and the boss is money and that's real. After that it's who 'the guys' like 'cause you need to work with those pricks whether you like it or not. After that? The local churches, 'cause they pretty much run everything that the aforementioned people don't and even if you're comfortable it doesn't pay to piss off the people who decide whether you get help paying for your medicine or not.

That is, most people don't even have to think about it, it's just another thing that comes with life here.

That is what being practical is about, and if it means voting with people who like to occasionally lean back and talk wistfully about the good old days before certain 'uppity folks' got too much power for comfort then that's fine too. If those wishing me to be practical want to go back to a time when most of them had no vote who am I to arrogantly argue otherwise. . .
Gabriell Anatra is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Likes This:
Old 05-01-2017, 12:32 PM   #41 (permalink)
Woke Woman
 
Shiloh Lyric's Avatar
It's all relative
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 11,466
My Mood:
SL Join Date: This time: 10/12/2010
Client: A few different ones

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
"The White Working Class". I'm getting really fucked off with seeing that constantly. The Democratic Party abandoned the "White Working class", huh? Shouldn't we just have a Working Class that's not racially divided? I've never bought into this shtick of the "White Working Class" being abandoned because I never considered it separate and apart from "The Working Class". I think the only ones abandoned were the ones who decided they deserved something different or better for the distinguishing factor of less skin pigment while they worked.

Fuck that.
__________________
The power of the people is stronger than the people in power!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/shilohlyric/
http://shilohlyric.wordpress.com/
Shiloh Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:36 PM   #42 (permalink)
Woke Woman
 
Shiloh Lyric's Avatar
It's all relative
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 11,466
My Mood:
SL Join Date: This time: 10/12/2010
Client: A few different ones

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
By the way, which "working class" would my Bi-racial daughter fit into? Asking those such as Zaida who seem pretty big on demarcation lines in the "working class".
Shiloh Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 05-01-2017, 02:03 PM   #43 (permalink)
Mootles
 
Nebula's Avatar
Too drive to drink
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,383
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2004/2005
Client: c0ff33
Send a message via MSN to Nebula Send a message via Skype™ to Nebula
At least this happened.
Donald Trump Signs Bill to Extend Veterans Choice Program - Breitbart

https://www.va.gov/HEALTH/NewsFeatur...ce-Program.asp

https://www.va.gov/opa/choiceact/

I haven't agreed with 100% of anything any potus has done. I just hope for some good to happen during their administration.
__________________
Ruining your internets
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
Mootles
 
Nebula's Avatar
Too drive to drink
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,383
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2004/2005
Client: c0ff33
Send a message via MSN to Nebula Send a message via Skype™ to Nebula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh Lyric View Post
"The White Working Class". I'm getting really fucked off with seeing that constantly. The Democratic Party abandoned the "White Working class", huh? Shouldn't we just have a Working Class that's not racially divided? I've never bought into this shtick of the "White Working Class" being abandoned because I never considered it separate and apart from "The Working Class". I think the only ones abandoned were the ones who decided they deserved something different or better for the distinguishing factor of less skin pigment while they worked.

Fuck that.
I have some sort of magic privilege for being white. Man this would have really helped me when I was starting a business in rl. Too bad I couldn't get a business loan for start up money despite this magical privilege, and I had to work hard from day one and start my business with $5 in start up money and a stack of business cards. Sure wish that magical privilege helped that I was supposed to get just because I was born with a certain skin color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielRavenNest View Post
That isn't the only way to deal with the jobpocalypse (robots took my job), and not even the best one. An income transfer program is a government program, and therefore subject to all the meddling politicans are capable of. It also isn't sustainable on a large scale. If all the jobs go away, what are you going to tax to fund the basic income?

My preferred approach is to use smart tools (automation, robots, and AI) to supply people's needs directly, with people having an ownership stake in the tools. This is affordable because smart tools can produce more smart tools. So if a group of people split the cost of the first set of such tools, eventually everyone benefits from them.
I mean I wish. I could not get a job, so I went to work for myself, gotta pay them student loans and medical bills some how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda Sullivan View Post
Well, killing off your fellow Democrats might be a bit extreme. Not that I am willing to rule it out mind you, I just think the answer is much easier. You talk to them about the things that matter to them. NOt you ...them. "It is the economy stupid." Say What You Mean—and Mean What You Say and get off the cable news echo chamber get out to to where the voters are. Sanders seems to be the only one who gets it.
Killing off anyone is extreme, who gives 2 shits about parties. You should always vote for the person who you think can better do the job. The second time Obama ran I ended up voting for Johnson I think, because I didn't fully agree with Obama enough to vote for him, and magic morman underwear was a big nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Spengler View Post
On the plus side the world has about a 50/50 chance of still being here in 2020 anyway.
Great, then my back will not be in pain any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishina View Post
Still waiting for all of these Trump voters to come out of the woodwork who voted for him for good reasons.
Been here since day one. I do not tend to speak up often, since all I ever get is screaming and nothing but WRONG WRONG WRONG from democrats, which is ironic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo Brink View Post
This is not good for AMERICA. The danger is well beyond a party issue, and I don't really expect a political party to save us from the faction of American society that is lost in bitterness, fear and rage.
I did not vote out of bitterness, fear, or rage, and I wish people would stop automatically assuming I am a vile piece of shit because of how I voted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deca! View Post
Trump supporters are dumbfucks.

News at 11.
Rude. I am actually intelligent. Average intelligence probably, but I have went to college, I did 6 semesters of government too. When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen Jedburgh View Post
They live in rural America.

And most of them fall into most of the stereotypes you can think of.

Trust me, I live here.
I am a gay white male from a major city? I am all for legal immigration? I have friends from pretty much every race and walk of life, and a lot of trans friends? Is this stereotype open minded people?


Any how, I am clearly unwanted here! So I am going to crawl back into my hole, or dungeon full of skulls as most people probably assume I dwell in! But not all Trump supporters are terrible awful evil racist people. Most of the people I know that voted for him are gay, trans, or legal Mexican immigrants. Cue the hate train.
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:24 PM   #45 (permalink)
captured like a Pokemans.
 
Deca!'s Avatar
bitches love to be called beautiful.
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New York.
Posts: 13,065
My Mood:
SL Join Date: early 2006.

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Well that was 30 seconds I'll never get back.
__________________
"If I were a caterpillar, I'd probably emerge from my cocoon as another larger, fatter caterpillar."

I can't believe the things that you'll say
To keep me around and close to your side.

-- Film School - Compare.

When a country is full of food, and exporting it, there can be no famine.
-- George Bernard Shaw.
Deca! is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 05-01-2017, 02:49 PM   #46 (permalink)
Millitant Atheist
 
Ishina's Avatar
MotoXexual
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
I have some sort of magic privilege for being white. Man this would have really helped me when I was starting a business in rl. Too bad I couldn't get a business loan for start up money despite this magical privilege, and I had to work hard from day one and start my business with $5 in start up money and a stack of business cards. Sure wish that magical privilege helped that I was supposed to get just because I was born with a certain skin color.
So your benchmark for privilege is whether or not a person can get a business loan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
Been here since day one. I do not tend to speak up often, since all I ever get is screaming and nothing but WRONG WRONG WRONG from democrats, which is ironic.
That was an opportunity for you to actually give those reasons. I must say I am shocked and surprised you did not. Shocked, I tell you.
Ishina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:53 PM   #47 (permalink)
captured like a Pokemans.
 
Deca!'s Avatar
bitches love to be called beautiful.
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New York.
Posts: 13,065
My Mood:
SL Join Date: early 2006.

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
P.S, a Trump supporter calling me rude is a badge of honor. And irony.
Deca! is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 05-01-2017, 02:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
Woke Woman
 
Shiloh Lyric's Avatar
It's all relative
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 11,466
My Mood:
SL Join Date: This time: 10/12/2010
Client: A few different ones

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
I have some sort of magic privilege for being white. Man this would have really helped me when I was starting a business in rl. Too bad I couldn't get a business loan for start up money despite this magical privilege, and I had to work hard from day one and start my business with $5 in start up money and a stack of business cards. Sure wish that magical privilege helped that I was supposed to get just because I was born with a certain skin color.



I mean I wish. I could not get a job, so I went to work for myself, gotta pay them student loans and medical bills some how.


.
Apparently many white people feel they SHOULD have some sort of magical privilege that should insulate them from the same sort of problems non-white Americans experienced for decades. When they don't get that, when they realize that their white skin DIDN'T somehow insulate them, they want to throw hissy fits and throw our country to dogs. Are YOU one of them?

And, by the way, what "Working Class" does my bi-racial daughter belong to. You're a Trump voter, and from the "White Working Class", evidently, so what's the answer. Because it seriously wasn't just a rhetorical question. I really want an answer.
Shiloh Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 05-01-2017, 03:18 PM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Dillon Levenque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,482
SL Join Date: Sept 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
I did not vote out of bitterness, fear, or rage, and I wish people would stop automatically assuming I am a vile piece of shit because of how I voted.
You misunderstood what we were saying. It's an Opinion, not an Assumption. And my opinion is not that you voted for Trump because you're a vile piece of shit (which is what you seem to be objecting to) but rather that you're a vile piece of shit because you voted for Trump. The act of voting for Trump makes you a vile piece of shit, in my opinion. MY opinion. Moron would be my other choice but you ask I eliminate that possibility.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie
I remember once when I tried to interact with one of her buses with my exploding pigeons. The result was less than desirable.
Dillon Levenque is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Agreed:
Old 05-01-2017, 03:19 PM   #50 (permalink)
captured like a Pokemans.
 
Deca!'s Avatar
bitches love to be called beautiful.
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New York.
Posts: 13,065
My Mood:
SL Join Date: early 2006.

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
BREAKING NEWS: White man says white privilege doesn't exist at all anywhere because he had to work for his dream.

Next up on Alternate Facts Weekly: IMMIGRANTS: Are they really just aliens wearing the skins of our deported poolboys?
Deca! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




SEO by vBSEO