The Photographic Eye of Melania Trump - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » The Photographic Eye of Melania Trump

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Apocagypsy

Coeur de Pinottes

My Mood:

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
The Photographic Eye of Melania Trump

I thought this was an interesting take on Melania Trump using only the photos she had posted on social media between June 3, 2012 and June 11, 2015. Take it with a grain of salt, of course. I have to say, though, I disagree with the first line where she asks: ''Why won’t the first lady show up for her job?'' I don't think any spouse of a govt leader should feel obliged to also work or be part of the deal.

Fairytale Prisoner by Choice: The Photographic Eye of Melania Trump - Medium
Old 04-20-2017, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
I'm not Here!

hypnotized

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 1/25/2006
Business: looking for fresh start..
Client: Singularity
Send a message via Skype™ to Kalel
a picture is definitely worth a thousand words.

I do feel kinda sorry for her after this.

What if you married someone and they eventually become an important public figure? your life turned upside down and lots of pressure to be up to par cause you also represent them.

i'd probably stay hidden too.

"The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. -Jung"
Kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
But it refused. <3

*SLU Supporter*

I'm a regular Victor Victoria

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Damned by way of President Trump if she lives in the White House, damned by way of pundits on the internet if she stays in New York.

I'd take the pundit damnation too.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Along with Athena, move also your hand

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Yesterday
Angela Merkel's husband does not take part of any official ceremony.
If he who bursts out in anger is not really angry, then his anger is an outburst of nonanger. If he who launches into action is not really acting, then his action is a launching into inaction. He who wishes to be still must calm his energies; he who wishes to be spiritual must compose his mind; he who in his actions wishes to hit the mark must go along with what he cannot help doing. Those things that you cannot help doing - they represent the Way of the sage.
Twisted Pharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006
Client: Firestorm

The 2 Millionth Post Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabeau Imako View Post
I don't think any spouse of a govt leader should feel obliged to also work or be part of the deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Pharaoh View Post
Angela Merkel's husband does not take part of any official ceremony.

The whole notion of First Lady assumes that a wife will unquestioningly sacrifice her entire life to her husband's political agenda.

Fuck that shit.

The American people elect a president, not a First Lady. It's lovely if the couple have worked out the logistics beforehand and the wife willingly steps into this role. Most women married to politicians knew what they were getting into and many have relished the role. Trump, in contrast, has been "running for president" as a publicity stunt for years and there was no reasonable expectation until quite recently that this campaign would be successful in a significant way.

Melania has no obligation to follow this tradition. Of all the presidential traditions that Trump has thrown out the window -- showing his taxes, opening the White House visitors log, actually working in Washington -- the lack of a First Lady bothers me not the least.

I'm also really peeved by all the cracks about Melania being a gold digger. Dear god, I would hope she is. The thought that she might actually have found The Donald attractive on his own virtues boggles the mind. Her decision, her trade-off, and none of any one else's business.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

SL Join Date: 17 June 2007
Business: Something Spunky
Yet another example of when it helps to separate the role of Head of State from Head of Government, whether the Head of State is a constitutional monarch or elected, but almost completely ceremonial, president.

No one in the UK expected, for example, Cherie Blair to give up her career as a barrister and concentrate on "public service" when Tony became PM, or Philip May to give up his job with investment bankers Capital International when Theresa succeeded David Cameron.

David Cameron's wife, Samantha, did resign her job with Smythson of Bond Street (who design and sell high end luxury stationery, leather goods, diaries and fashion products) to become a part-time consultant for that firm shortly after her husband became Prime Minister. However, that, she said, was because she'd had "an understandably difficult year" after the death of their first child, Ivan, and she'd just learned she was pregnant for a second time. No one expected her to devote herself to public service just because her of her husband's job.

Presumably Ivanka Melania married Donald Trump on the basis she'd be a loyal and discrete trophy wife who would accompany him at public and private events when necessary, and would otherwise be left to get on with her own life. She certainly didn't seek the role of President's wife.

Last edited by Innula Zenovka; 04-21-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Innula Zenovka is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
2 Users Like This:
Old 04-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innula Zenovka View Post
Presumably Ivanka married Donald Trump....
Freudian slip?

Beebo Brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

Oops!
1 User Hugged You:
Old 04-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innula Zenovka View Post
Presumably Ivanka Melania married Donald Trump on the basis she'd be a loyal and discrete trophy wife who would accompany him at public and private events when necessary, and would otherwise be left to get on with her own life.
At the risk of a derail (Hah! As if we all minded wild rides in another topic direction), this whole concept of gold-digging wives is a bit of a muddle, one of those insults thrown at women for stepping off the tight-rope of "appropriate behavior."

Until very recently, the majority of women had very few options for maintaining their own financial security; only a lucky minority were born into wealth and could stand independently if they so chose, and even then they risked losing that independence if they married.

Yet despite the enormous stake involved, women weren't supposed to consider practical consequences too much when choosing a husband. They were supposed to have an emotional attachment. Marrying for a high degree of financial security was scorned, or at least smirked at as unbecoming. Too little concern for your husband's wealth was obviously foolish, but too much concern was mercenary.

Like Goldilocks, women were expected to find that "just right" combination of a financially secure but only modestly wealthy husband who she loved only for his sterling qualities of character. And if there weren't any likely suitors in that range for whom she could muster genuine affection, she should accept a slow and genteel decline into abject poverty as her principled stand.

Now that women have the freedom to ruthlessly amass their own fortunes, there is even less sympathy for any who choose to marry wealth, especially when the man is universally acknowledged to be an unattractive asshole. People's judgment becomes positively vicious. There seems to be some odd dynamic of jealousy mixed with the bile. What is it about this arrangement that makes people so angry? That it's somehow "too easy" and the woman in some way doesn't deserve her slice of the pie? Or is it men's undercurrent of fear that they aren't really loved?

Whatever the psychological underpinnings for people's scorn, I say it's a damn hard job to marry someone as unpleasant as Trump and Melania deserves as high a rate of compensation as she can negotiate. More power to her.
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 04-21-2017, 04:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

I finally got it all together, but now I forget where I put it.

My Mood:
Quote:
The whole notion of First Lady assumes that a wife will unquestioningly sacrifice her entire life to her husband's political agenda.

Fuck that shit.
That! That! That! That! The whole thing with the egg roll really about sent me round
the bed. Fuck that. Fuck the bunny. Fuck the eggs. Why should she do it?

Quote:
I'm also really peeved by all the cracks about Melania being a gold digger. Dear god, I would hope she is. The thought that she might actually have found The Donald attractive on his own virtues boggles the mind. Her decision, her trade-off, and none of any one else's business.
That too! I recently watched the movie Jackie. Near the end of the movie Jackie is talking to a priest about JFK's serial philandering. She was fully aware of it, and yes it hurt, but there are women who put up with far worse for a lot less. I kind of feel the same about Melenia - there are probably a lot of women who put up with a lot worse for a lot less.
Zaida Gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-21-2017, 05:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
roadside attraction

"..because of theories and stuff..."

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2/20/2010
Client: whatever works best

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
I have to say I really like Melania Trump's images. I think she has a good eye.
The psychological evaluations of her images I could do without.
Marie Reynaud is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 04-21-2017, 09:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo Brink View Post
Whatever the psychological underpinnings for people's scorn, I say it's a damn hard job to marry someone as unpleasant as Trump and Melania deserves as high a rate of compensation as she can negotiate. More power to her.
If she ever dumps him which I doubt, I hope she does better than Marla Maples who just got $2 million out of it.
Wanda Belinda is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-21-2017, 10:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist

Heya ^_^

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 3/9/2006
I don't mind that she is in New York, and the best explanation I heard was not pulling their kid from school in the middle of the school year, it may be a moot point in a few months.

If it's long term though, that speaks loads for what kind of person Trump is. Not that he needs anymore of that.

http://allaroundthegrid.blogspot.com/
Ramen Jedburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
only mostly banned

*SLU Supporter*

paddling.....

My Mood:
Business: Building in Motion
Client: References available on request.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo Brink View Post

snip...

Now that women have the freedom to ruthlessly amass their own fortunes, there is even less sympathy for any who choose to marry wealth, especially when the man is universally acknowledged to be an unattractive asshole. People's judgment becomes positively vicious. There seems to be some odd dynamic of jealousy mixed with the bile. What is it about this arrangement that makes people so angry? That it's somehow "too easy" and the woman in some way doesn't deserve her slice of the pie? Or is it men's undercurrent of fear that they aren't really loved?

...snip
I would take it a little further. The right was awful to Sec. Clinton, and now the left is being awful to Melania Trump. People are making up stories about her marriage based on anecdote, she has literally been called a prostitute, and there are reports that Vanity Fair has published an expose of her marriage. This weird psychological profile based on a few pictures is a nice example. (Although, I think that her professional practices as a model while on a visitor's visa is fair game.)

If we really believe that women are capable of making their own choices and living their own lives then her choices about her personal life are her own. Cherry picking a few candid pictures and anecdotes from the staff has little meaning.

Then again, I may be projecting. I have also been the subject of Internet scorn based on my own instagram feed. I will post a snippet from someone's analysis of my own pictures as an example:

Quote:
Grandma Bates' social media feed is a study in a vapid and hopeless life. Her two main subjects, her cats and food, throw a bright light into a dim and arid lifestyle. First, examining her cats is a study in her schizophrenic persona. The majority of the photos include only one cat at a time, and they are generally sleeping. It mirrors her passive life style bereft of contact with others.

The few times we see the cats together they are either facing away from each other or demonstrating threat displays toward one another. Again, this demonstrates her combative nature and disgust with others. No matter how much someone else has in common with her, Grandma's anger and disgust comes to the fore, and she rejects any attempt at human contact. Like her cats, she is a hateful feeding machine and is nothing more than ego concerned about her own welfare and greed.

This directly leads to her copious supply of pictures of food. She has a clear oral fixation and can only think of her own simple pleasures. Yet, the way she frames the photos provides valuable insights into her own demented nature. As an example, look at her picture of aloo palak below. It is emblematic of her own nature. The potatoes represent the substantial and sustaining aspect of her meal, but their form is masked by the spinach. Instead of being nourishing and encouraging, the potatoes are lost in the dark vegetative soup of her twisted soul.

Perhaps the snapshot, below, of a plate of chole masala provides the best insight into the darkness of her psyche. Note how the chickpeas appear like a plate full of diminutive scrotum waiting to be devoured. The chopped tomatoes only add to the gruesome display, and the hue imposed by the tumeric shows her deep hatred of the men whose power she wishes to consume. Grandma simultaneously despises and is jealous of the men around her and can only see them in terms of what they can provide her..

In my defence, the cats are literally little bastards.

"I understand that people are scared, but they should listen to facts." - Ryan White

Last edited by Grandma Bates; 04-22-2017 at 05:08 AM.
Grandma Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Quote:
Note how the chickpeas appear like a plate full of diminutive scrotum waiting to be devoured. The chopped tomatoes only add to the gruesome display, and the hue imposed by the tumeric shows her deep hatred of the men whose power she wishes to consume. Grandma simultaneously despises and is jealous of the men around her and can only see them in terms of what they can provide her.
3 Users Laughed:
Old 04-22-2017, 10:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
DJ's for Aural Pleasure

Hold On To Yourself

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Sept. 2007
Business: Avatar Bizarre
Client: Crash-o-Matic 2.0
The irony to the whole "Melania won't First Lady" thing is Michelle Obama tried to refuse the job and was told point blank, "You're going to move to DC and you're going to do the First Lady job, because you have to show your support." She wanted to stay in Chicago till her kids could finish the school year, but ultimately decided keeping the family together was more important.

If she'd stayed in Chicago, Republicans would have had a field day.

Melania stays in Manhattan, racking up secret service expenses, and apparently it's not a big deal. Granted, her husband spends way more money on his weekend golfing trips to Florida, but there does seem to be a huge double standard there.
Sredni Eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
DJ's for Aural Pleasure

Hold On To Yourself

My Mood:
[IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/400/1*HXZ7pIrNK7vz5liQihbnug.jpeg[/IMG]

Also, body language is very telling. These two don't like each other. Note how they lean away from each other.
2 Users Agreed:
Old 04-22-2017, 10:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
DJ's for Aural Pleasure

Hold On To Yourself

My Mood:
This is an interesting take.

1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 04-22-2017, 10:22 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sredni Eel View Post
[IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/400/1*HXZ7pIrNK7vz5liQihbnug.jpeg[/IMG]

Also, body language is very telling. These two don't like each other. Note how they lean away from each other.
Looks like vbulletin won't embed your image because it has a * in it. Here it is.

2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 04-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
DJ's for Aural Pleasure

Hold On To Yourself

My Mood:
I pity the kid in all of this. Melania is a big girl and, in spite of her fairytale horror of a life, could find a way through it if she chose.

Barron is doomed to become his father, like Eric and Donald Jr before him. No matter how badly they were treated, and how much they might despise their dad, they *have* to be him.

His daughters have it slightly weirder, since they have to put up with a father who wants to date them. But at least they can be who they want to be, as long as it fits into Trump's grandiose vision of himself.
3 Users Agreed:
Old 04-22-2017, 10:30 AM   #21 (permalink)

My Mood:

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda Belinda View Post
If she ever dumps him which I doubt, I hope she does better than Marla Maples who just got $2 million out of it.
If she ever leaves him, Trump will do whatever he can to take their son away from her.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!” -- C. Johnson
detrius is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Disagreed:
Old 04-22-2017, 09:00 PM   #22 (permalink)

Building Better Worlds since 1979

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jun 27, 2006
Client: 7 of them (I like testing)
Quote:
Originally Posted by detrius View Post
If she ever leaves him, Trump will do whatever he can to take their son away from her.
I expect her strategy is to stick it out until Trump dies, at which point she's the mother of a very rich son.
DanielRavenNest is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Agreed:
Old 04-22-2017, 09:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by detrius View Post
Both of his ex-wives were the ones raising their children. He doesn't have the patience for young children for very long.
Cristalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristalle View Post
Both of his ex-wives were the ones raising their children. He doesn't have the patience for young children for very long.
Yeah, but he can pay people to that for him. Send the boy off to an expensive boarding school and hire a tutor to take him off to interesting places well away from his father during the vacations, or palm him off on the other Trump children for a bit.

As I understand it, he's notoriously vindictive. If keeping their son away from his mother would provide him some measure of revenge for her leaving him, I'm sure that the practicalities of having the boy around wouldn't bother him -- he's got people for that kind of thing.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:35 PM   #25 (permalink)

Vanity Fair just (?) published a long article about Melania.

Inside the Trump Marriage: Melania's Burden
3 Users Said Thanks :