Follow the Oil Money - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » Follow the Oil Money

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2017, 10:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 1
The 2 Millionth Post Award 
Follow the Oil Money

From Trump to Rex Tillerson to Mike Flynn and Steve Bannon and on to Putin, it's all about the oil.

Putin and his Russian oligarchs, Tillerson and ExxonMobile, they're all trying to join together to drill in the Arctic for a reputed $300 billion worth of petroleum. Spreading disinformation on climate change is just another operating expense to keep up world demand for oil. It's also quite possible they're actively in favor of climate change since in the short term it will expose oil reserves in the artic. They're betting that they get rich and die in their beds, sated on caviar and champagne, before global warming inconveniences them personally.

Trump is their tool. He's in debt to Putin/Russia and they have him by the short hairs. If Trump plays his part in furthering their agenda, then debt forgiveness and a piece of the action are his reward.

Citations: Every fucking news article about Tillerson, Putin and Trump's "inexplicable" Russian love-fest.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
Agreed, and it is absolutely infuriating that Congress is allowing this traitor to do as he pleases, because they have their own agenda.

We dealt with an administration that was all about enriching itself in George W. Bush. But this one is pure evil. In their goal of oil riches, in order to accomplish that, there is no need to strip people of their healthcare and possibly end of life income, destroy every facet of government, education and start yet another war, and deprive people of their liberty. Yet there they are doing it.
Jolene Benoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
I'm not Here!

hypnotized

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 1/25/2006
Business: looking for fresh start..
Client: Singularity
Send a message via Skype™ to Kalel
what can we do? Short of condoning violence, nothing else seems to work... sitting here and talking about it makes us feel better but isn't changing anything. spending lots of money on organizations attempting to fight legally seems to be a waste as they cheat. How you fight someone who does not care about you nor anyone else as long as they are happy? How can we satisfy them without taking the entire planet with it?

"The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. -Jung"
Kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 02-15-2017, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Building Better Worlds since 1979

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jun 27, 2006
Client: 7 of them (I like testing)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalel View Post
How you fight someone who does not care about you nor anyone else as long as they are happy? How can we satisfy them without taking the entire planet with it?
Investigate, then tell his base how he sold us out to the Russians. If his base turns on him, the Republicans are free to lock him up, and take the rest of his administration with him.

Turning his base will take time, it will need a steady stream of stories, until even the conservative media starts posting it. The rest of us can forward the stories to family and friends who are Trump supporters.
DanielRavenNest is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 02-15-2017, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Looking down at the uncanny valley

My Mood:
Hanging over this is the brewing Rosneft scandal, which if ever proven could put President Trump in jail for the rest of his life.

Huffington Post published, then retracted a story yesterday about this, possibly at the behest of the FBI or the Intelligence community which is investigating this.

The above links are from less than reliable sources so it could be fake, but nothing would surprise me at this point.

For those not in know: That Steele Dossier famous for the "golden showers" also included an allegation that Putin promised a 20% share of Russian National Oil Company Rosneft to Trump if he lifted sanctions.

While portions of that dossier have proven false, some portions have been proven true.

The thing is Russia did indeed "sell" a 19% share in Rosneft to somebody in December, though the paper trail goes cold as the shares officially belong to a Cayman Islands based holding company that no one can find any info on.

BTW, I have no idea if there is anything to this, and my skeptical minds says there isn't, none the less it is a good conspiracy theory.

Last edited by Ariane; 02-15-2017 at 11:14 PM.
Ariane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lysistrata Worked

Stupid should hurt.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Nov. 12, 2006
I think it's more than a conspiracy theory, Ariane, I read that Exxon has the technology that Putin needs to get to the oil in the arctic. Because of sanctions they can't do business with Russia, who holds the drilling rights.
Merlynn D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 01/15/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariane View Post
The thing is Russia did indeed "sell" a 19% share in Rosneft to somebody in December, though the paper trail goes cold as the shares officially belong to a Cayman Islands based holding company that no one can find any info on.
Money, and billions to be more precise, fit the bill for why trump is licking putin's boots so much. I never truly bought the blackmail conspiracy, dirty tapes or the typical Russian kompromat. I also don't believe the voting machines where rigged, since planting crazy ideas on people's head seems easier to do, and that strategy worked beautifully with fake news, facebook helping spread all that garbage and, of course, fox news.

When I read Steele docs a few weeks ago, I felt that it make sense. Not the golden showers, but Rosnef, the dead guy and the 19%. It seems to me trump would sell his kids for that kind of money and as Beeboo pointed out, it is about the oil. It feels more than a conspiracy theory, it just makes sense: oil and money.

The thing is, because trump is so incompetent, the whole thing can very soon start to fall apart. If he were less stupid, he would try to go about without making many waves, change his tune a bit as not to be so obvious, but he's delusional, clearly, and cannot control himself.

It just makes sense to me. Maybe it's my brain trying to make sense of this mess, maybe he worships putin because of his daddy issues and will lift the sanctions just to be BFF with him, without any $$$ involved. Or for some other reason we may never know.
Joodle Fadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Said Thanks :
2 Users Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 02-16-2017, 09:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
state of non-being

The maple kind?

My Mood:
What's making me nervous is that Putin is NOT incompetent like Trump is. How will he respond if (when) this all comes out and the whole thing falls apart? We, meaning the US government, must be able to say to Putin that we see what you're doing, and we won't stand for it. Will Pence do that, provided he's still around, or will Ryan do it? Considering whoever is in the WH at that point will be dealing with the major fallout of the scandal, Putin may just see an opening. He won't be happy that his billion dollar deal fell apart.
Amber Guity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lysistrata Worked

Stupid should hurt.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Nov. 12, 2006
THIS HAS NOT BEEN FACT CHECKED, but it's being discussed on a page I frequent, and Rachel Maddow covered some of it. I don't have time now to check it all out but I will later this evening.

"This is what Trump and Putin are up to: Exxon Mobil, under Rex Tillerson, brokered a deal with Russia in 2013 to lease over 60 million acres of Russian land to pump oil out of (which is five times as much land as they lease in this country), but all that Russian oil would go through pipelines in the Ukraine, who heavily tax the proceeds, and Ukraine was applying for admission into NATO at the time.

Putin subsequently invaded Ukraine in 2014, secured the routes to export the oil tax-free by sea, and took control of the port where their Black Sea Naval Fleet is based, by taking the Crimean peninsula from Ukraine by force. This was Hitler style imperialism that broke every international law in the free world. After Obama sanctioned Russia for the invasion, Exxon Mobil could only pump oil from approximately 3 of those 60+ million acres. But now Rex Tillerson is
our Secretary of State, and there is information circulating that Donald Trump has intentions to unilaterally remove all sanctions against Russia in the coming days or weeks.

The Russian government’s oil company, Rosneft, will make half a trillion (500 Billion) dollars from that much untapped oil, all pumped tax-free through Crimea, stolen from Ukraine, now owned by Russia. Putin may have subverted our government just for this deal to go through."
Merlynn D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
That Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

Innocent as far as you know

My Mood:
SL Join Date: late 04 original account, mid 05 current
Relevant:
https://phys.org/news/2015-03-house-...pa-secret.html
It's not enough to care about liberty if the only liberty you care about is your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Firelyte View Post
Why doesn't anyone ever ask, "What is the real meaning of the winter solstice?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eboni Khan View Post
Thanks for being passive agressive.
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 02-16-2017, 06:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Apocagypsy

Coeur de Pinottes

My Mood:

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Many like to say that Trump is mentally ill - crazy - but to me, he is no different than a lot of greedy businessmen and politicians - assholes with NDP - except that he has much less self awareness. They're just like him, but they try to go through accepted methods to achieve their greedy goals when showing their complete indifference of others.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
But it refused. <3

*SLU Supporter*

I'm a regular Victor Victoria

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabeau Imako View Post
assholes with NDP

Je m'excuse?
Old 02-16-2017, 06:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Apocagypsy

Coeur de Pinottes

My Mood:

OMG ha! At first, every time someone used those initials here (and it's been used a lot since Trump...) it would bug me because NPD is French for NDP (Canadian political party.)

And now, I used the opposite. So confusing!

Anyhoo... NPD.
Isabeau Imako is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Hugged You:
Old 02-16-2017, 06:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
A Napoleon in rags

*SLU Supporter*

Becoming a ghost

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2003
Old 02-17-2017, 05:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

My Mood:

Not sure if this idiot or the guys tweeting that for him actually read the article.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!” -- C. Johnson

Last edited by detrius; 02-17-2017 at 06:34 AM.
detrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006

The 2 Millionth Post Award 
Time for conspiracy theories!

Donald Trump heads to Mar-a-Lago again, amid evidence Russian handler meets him there - Palmer Report

Quote:
Rybolovlev has a habit of flying into various cities that Trump is visiting at the time, including Concord, North Carolina — where Rybolovlev had no legitimate reason to be.

I said it was entertaining.... I didn't say it was false. I'm pretty curious to see where this guy turns up next.
Beebo Brink is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This:
Old 02-19-2017, 07:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
According to plan:

Trump lawyer delivered Michael Flynn plan to lift sanctions on Russia - Business Insider
Jolene Benoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Never taped a dick

My God, this reminds me

My Mood:
SL Join Date: This time: 10/12/2010
Client: A few different ones

I don't know if anyone follows Scott Dworkin on Twitter, but he's been gradually connecting all of the dots that confirm at least a very good portion of the Trump/Russian dossier. His report is all finished. I haven't read it all yet, but here's a link for anyone who is interested:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Iq0OOq-Xs/edit

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shilohlyric/
http://shilohlyric.wordpress.com/
Shiloh Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This:
Old 03-31-2017, 02:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
But it refused. <3

*SLU Supporter*

I'm a regular Victor Victoria

No content bump to just remind y'all.
Kamilah Hauptmann is offline   Reply With Quote