Waking Nightmare: Trump Is Still President - Page 20 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » Waking Nightmare: Trump Is Still President

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2017, 08:28 AM   #476 (permalink)
I know how it's spelled!

SL Join Date: Jan 2005
Client: Official Viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by detrius View Post
I suppose that means the piss video will show up on Wikileaks soon.
Hereafter referred to as "Weeweeleaks"
1 User Likes This:
Old 02-17-2017, 08:49 AM   #477 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist

Heya ^_^

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 3/9/2006
Client: Firestorm
I was in the car at lunch just before the press conference with NPR on the radio getting ready to air the press conference.

A few things that seemed notable.

One, it was incredibly last minute.

Two, it was delayed several times apparently in half hour increments

They mentioned this scary fact too "Donald Trump doesn't seem to realize that what he says is considered US policy". Which is of course why having someone go speaks "what he thinks" is a bad thing. Because you can't do things like "We may not want a two party system in Israel" then turn around and way you do.

http://allaroundthegrid.blogspot.com/
2 Users Said Thanks :
2 Users Agreed:
Old 02-17-2017, 09:14 AM   #478 (permalink)
Elysium Hynes is Typing..

My animal spirit is the lolcat

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/7/2007
Client: V3
Send a message via Skype™ to Elysium Hynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen Jedburgh View Post
...They mentioned this scary fact too "Donald Trump doesn't seem to realize that what he says is considered US policy". Which is of course why having someone go speaks "what he thinks" is a bad thing. Because you can't do things like "We may not want a two party system in Israel" then turn around and way you do.
But you can and he has been doing exactly that, every time hes asked something him and the white house say 2 contrary things, when one of those happens and he says, see i sad so.

Like the story of the doctor who would always guess the babys sex by saying one thing to the mother and writing another down on the baby chart, then when the baby was born he was always right because either the mother had misheard him or his secretary had miswritten it on the chart.

Its a con and its a lie and a pretty sinple one, his supporters are happy falling for it and the media his allowing him room to spew both contarditory lies and vagueness he can later admit to or deny, depending on what is on TV at 4 am.

2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 02-17-2017, 09:18 AM   #479 (permalink)

My Mood:
Twitter

ETA: More info https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...ation-roundups

Quote:
A draft memo obtained by The Associated Press outlines a Trump administration proposal under consideration to mobilize as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants. Millions of those who would be affected in 11 states live nowhere near the Mexico border.

Last edited by Elysium Hynes; 02-17-2017 at 09:25 AM.
1 User Said WTF?:
Old 02-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #480 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

SL Join Date: 17 June 2007
Business: Something Spunky
Twitter
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 02-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #481 (permalink)

My Mood:
Well they have a memo.

https://apnews.com/5508111d59554a33be8001bdac4ef830

Quote:
The 11-page document calls for the unprecedented militarization of immigration enforcement as far north as Portland, Oregon, and as far east as New Orleans, Louisiana.

Four states that border on Mexico are included in the proposal — California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas — but it also encompasses seven states contiguous to those four — Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana.

Governors in the 11 states would have a choice whether to have their guard troops participate, according to the memo, written by U.S. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, a retired four-star Marine general.
Quote:
The memo is addressed to the then-acting heads of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and U.S. Customs and Border Protection. It would serve as guidance to implement the wide-ranging executive order on immigration and border security that President Donald Trump signed Jan. 25. Such memos are routinely issued to supplement executive orders.

Also dated Jan. 25, the draft memo says participating troops would be authorized "to perform the functions of an immigration officer in relation to the investigation, apprehension and detention of aliens in the United States." It describes how the troops would be activated under a revived state-federal partnership program, and states that personnel would be authorized to conduct searches and identify and arrest any unauthorized immigrants.

Requests to the White House and the Department of Homeland Security for comment and a status report on the proposal were not answered.

The draft document has circulated among DHS staff over the last two weeks. As recently as Friday, staffers in several different offices reported discussions were underway.
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 02-17-2017, 09:41 AM   #482 (permalink)

My Mood:

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Are they going to build the concentration camps first or will they just shoot these people on sight?
When life gives you lemons, dont make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I dont want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see lifes manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? Im the man whos gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! Im gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down! -- C. Johnson
Old 02-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #483 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium Hynes View Post
A draft memo.

No way of knowing, I think, if this is a serious plan or a trial balloon or a distraction or a bright idea someone's had that's not yet been considered or what.

After Trump's attacks yesterday on "fake news" based on "real leaks" I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more such proposals in the next few weeks, partly so they can see who is leaking what and partly to undermine trust in press reports in general.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 02-17-2017, 09:44 AM   #484 (permalink)
DJ's for Aural Pleasure

Hold On To Yourself

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Sept. 2007
Business: Avatar Bizarre
Client: Crash-o-Matic 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfEyes View Post
Even the orange asshat doesn't know what he means.
He's good at stringing words together, but I doubt he comprehends them.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:44 AM   #485 (permalink)

My Mood:
Mind you i dont believe anything coming from the WH

Twitter

ETA:
Twitter
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 02-17-2017, 09:54 AM   #486 (permalink)
DJ's for Aural Pleasure

Hold On To Yourself

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Spengler View Post
Yes, I needed to read some of those questions twice to parse some of their questions. Even though I work with surveys all the time.

That did bring up an interesting question: it is his campaign website. Is this for his 2020 run or does he think he is still doing the 2016 one?
I chose "other" on "Do you trust the mainstream media to tell the truth about the Republican Party's positions and actions, and wrote this:

Shouldn't Trump be concerned with actual issues like, say....the fact that 200,000 people in an area that predominately voted for him in California, all had to leave their homes in a hurry because a dam was threatening to send a deluge (that means BIGLY WATER) all over the neighborhood because our climate is changing, causing the storms we have to be so much worse than any of us have seen ever?
1 User Hugged You:
2 Users Agreed:
2 Users Like This:
Old 02-17-2017, 09:59 AM   #487 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innula Zenovka View Post
...After Trump's attacks yesterday on "fake news" based on "real leaks" I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more such proposals in the next few weeks, partly so they can see who is leaking what and partly to undermine trust in press reports in general.
Oh i agree its why theyll decline to comment on anything and just claim its fake news after the news break, mind you i totally believe this memo to be true since its from January the 25th, i just think they will end up fullfiling everything in it in but in low key ways, like they are doing with stripping LGTB rights.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:04 AM   #488 (permalink)

My Mood:
Ok now theyre not denying it exists

Twitter
Old 02-17-2017, 10:12 AM   #489 (permalink)
DJ's for Aural Pleasure

Hold On To Yourself

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Spengler View Post
Yes, I needed to read some of those questions twice to parse some of their questions. Even though I work with surveys all the time.

That did bring up an interesting question: it is his campaign website. Is this for his 2020 run or does he think he is still doing the 2016 one?
It's definitely a campaign survey. It does ask for donations at the end.

I actually laughed out loud at this question:

Do you believe that if Republicans were obstructing Obama like Democrats are doing to President Trump, the mainstream media would attack Republicans?
1 User Laughed:
Old 02-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #490 (permalink)
Peeps Tsar

#imalwayswithher

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Dec 2002
Business: ANOmations
Client: Viewer 2
Send a message via Yahoo to Cristiano Send a message via Skype™ to Cristiano
The Best Twitter Reactions To Donald Trump’s Crazy Press Conference | 22 Words

Old 02-17-2017, 10:18 AM   #491 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

Quote:
Sure, but I don't think that changes much. I know that when my late father was a senior civil servant, Whitehall used to prepare all sorts of draft proposals and feasibility studies that no one expected, or wanted, to be implemented. Rather, they'd be putting together a variety of scenarios, ranging from "do nothing about this issue" to "go nuclear on it," with a cost/benefit analysis attached to each one.

Granted, policy-making in Whitehall is probably rather different from how things are done by the finely-tuned machine that is the Trump White House, but I don't think draft memos necessarily carry much weight.
1 User Agreed:
Old 02-17-2017, 10:26 AM   #492 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
This is the party whose members constantly live in fear the gobmint will do just that to them, right?

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Old 02-17-2017, 10:29 AM   #493 (permalink)

This space for rent

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/30/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sredni Eel View Post

I actually laughed out loud at this question:

Do you believe that if Republicans were obstructing Obama like Democrats are doing to President Trump, the mainstream media would attack Republicans?
I picked other for that and said something like: If the Democrats obstructed at anywhere near the historic levels that the GOP obstructed President Obama, then yes, I would expect the media to hold them to account.
1 User Likes This:
Old 02-17-2017, 10:33 AM   #494 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sredni Eel View Post
Not to mention contact information. Well, good luck finding Michelle Whitemore in Arlington, VA (although that probably explains why she reads the Washington Post).
Old 02-17-2017, 10:34 AM   #495 (permalink)

My Mood:
He says its not a WH document well its for sure a DHS draft one

Twitter
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 02-17-2017, 10:40 AM   #496 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist

Heya ^_^

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 3/9/2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by detrius View Post
Are they going to build the concentration camps first or will they just shoot these people on sight?
Well during that press conference he said the previous strategy was "Catch and Release" but they were no longer doing "release". Considering the whole point is to not give Illegal Immigrants a free ride or whatever, and just catching them means putting them in jail which could possibly be better than where they came from, I guess that means execute on sight.

Quote:
He says its not a WH document well its for sure a DHS draft one

https://twitter.com/DoreyScheimer/st...16324614455296
This is what is becoming more alarming. There is a constant stream of "I don't know".

Like yesterday. several times, Trump said he didn't know to a lot of things, one was something to do with the background of one of the people he had picked for cabinet. It's like you don't fucking know? you didn't think it might be important to know before choosing this person???
3 Users Agreed:
Old 02-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #497 (permalink)
state of non-being

The maple kind?

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innula Zenovka View Post
Sure, but I don't think that changes much. I know that when my late father was a senior civil servant, Whitehall used to prepare all sorts of draft proposals and feasibility studies that no one expected, or wanted, to be implemented. Rather, they'd be putting together a variety of scenarios, ranging from "do nothing about this issue" to "go nuclear on it," with a cost/benefit analysis attached to each one.

Granted, policy-making in Whitehall is probably rather different from how things are done by the finely-tuned machine that is the Trump White House, but I don't think draft memos necessarily carry much weight.
Trump has said he wants to deport hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants PER YEAR. The only way to do that is to mobilize the NG to help with capture and detainment. He has already said he will build detainment "centers" to hold up to 10,000 people at a time while they are waiting actual deportation. The states would be responsible for actually deploying the NG if they choose to, and also paying for that.

I would look for an EO soon that tries to speed up the deportation process.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 02-17-2017, 12:24 PM   #498 (permalink)
state of non-being

The maple kind?

My Mood:
Didn't we call this awhile back? We were right.

https://twitter.com/RBReich/status/832653270115979264
Old 02-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #499 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Guity View Post
Trump has said he wants to deport hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants PER YEAR. The only way to do that is to mobilize the NG to help with capture and detainment. He has already said he will build detainment "centers" to hold up to 10,000 people at a time while they are waiting actual deportation. The states would be responsible for actually deploying the NG if they choose to, and also paying for that.

I would look for an EO soon that tries to speed up the deportation process.
Looks like somebody in the Dept of Homeland Security agrees with your assessment that deporting all those people would require the National Guard's assistance, and is working on a feasibility study and contingency plan in case they receive any such instructions.
1 User Said Thanks:
3 Users Agreed:
Old 02-17-2017, 01:12 PM   #500 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

Pres. Supervillain (@PresVillain) gives Trump's lines and tweets to Captain America's arch-enemy, The Red Skull:

Twitter
1 User Likes This:
Closed Thread