Get Crooked! - SLUniverse Forums

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2017, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality

Dressed up like a car crash

My Mood:
Client: Black Dragon, FS, SL Viewer
Get Crooked!

If moderates and liberals have a chance at all of stopping was appears to be a blank check handed to Trump to dismantle how government functions in America, we are going to need more of this. A lot more. People have got to get off their asses and start playing by the same rules Trump and Brightbart have played by.

Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, and Tommy Vietor are leaving The Ringer’s ‘Keepin’ It 1600’ to launch a new media company that aims to challenge Trump.

Quote:
They are very aware, as Vietor puts it, that Trump is going to be able to “swamp you every time with a single tweet.” So, they have decided to take a page out of his playbook and try to “reach voters directly” without filtering their message through a larger media lens. The “intimate” nature of podcasts and Facebook Live allow for this direct connection.
https://getcrookedmedia.com/
Soda Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Thanks :
2 Users Agreed:
2 Users Like This:
Old 01-09-2017, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
That Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

Innocent as far as you know

My Mood:
SL Join Date: late 04 original account, mid 05 current
no, what needs to be done is for people to stop attacking him on his character, or things he says and focus in on things he does(n't).... his fans celebrate his flaws, they aren't going to be swayed by his being an asshole. they will be swayed by him dicking them over though.

and FWIW that is what should have been done with campaigning too
It's not enough to care about liberty if the only liberty you care about is your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Firelyte View Post
Why doesn't anyone ever ask, "What is the real meaning of the winter solstice?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eboni Khan View Post
Thanks for being passive agressive.
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rabblerouser

*SLU Supporter*

edible

My Mood:
SL Join Date: February, 2007

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Ok
shy poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fizzy!

Refreshing!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: '06
Business: Darnkeyes!

Awards: 2
Supermodel of the World 
I BAMMED THE SPAMMED!!!

Ahaha, such a simpleton. It'z so much fun playing jokez on you. I waz only here to see how she waz doing, but I had fun while I waz at it. So long, Sere, au revoir, mon ami! Pleaze dream of moi every night! Oui! ~ Harle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalStrange View Post
That's your own fault. I took your panties out of your mouth pages ago. Now you just like them there.
Lady Darnk Juniorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Darnk Juniorette View Post
I BAMMED THE SPAMMED!!!
Why?
Wanda Belinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fizzy!

Refreshing!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: '06
Business: Darnkeyes!

Awards: 2
Supermodel of the World 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda Belinda View Post
Why?
Cuz it was spam!
Lady Darnk Juniorette is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Awww:
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-10-2017, 05:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
huh?

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-10-2017, 08:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

Getting Back There

My Mood:
Client: Exodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
no, what needs to be done is for people to stop attacking him on his character, or things he says and focus in on things he does(n't).... his fans celebrate his flaws, they aren't going to be swayed by his being an asshole. they will be swayed by him dicking them over though.

and FWIW that is what should have been done with campaigning too

Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noam Chomsky
In this respect -- note the qualification -- Time magazine put it fairly well (in a Dec. 26 column by Joe Klein): "While some supporters may balk, Trump's decision to embrace those who have wallowed in the Washington muck has spread a sense of relief among the capital's political class. 'It shows,' says one GOP consultant close to the President-elect's transition, 'that he's going to govern like a normal Republican'." There surely is some truth to this. Business and investors plainly think so. The stock market boomed right after the election, led by the financial companies that Trump denounced during his campaign, particularly the leading demon of his rhetoric, Goldman Sachs. According to Bloomberg News, "The firm's surging stock price," up 30 percent in the month after the election, "has been the largest driver behind the Dow Jones Industrial Average's climb toward 20,000." The stellar market performance of Goldman Sachs is based largely on Trump's reliance on the demon to run the economy, buttressed by the promised roll-back in regulations, setting the stage for the next financial crisis (and taxpayer bailout). Other big gainers are energy corporations, health insurers and construction firms, all expecting huge profits from the administration's announced plans. These include a Paul Ryan-style fiscal program of tax cuts for the rich and corporations, increased military spending, turning the health system over even more to insurance companies with predictable consequences, taxpayer largesse for a privatized form of credit-based infrastructure development, and other "normal Republican" gifts to wealth and privilege at taxpayer expense. Rather plausibly, economist Larry Summers describes the fiscal program as "the most misguided set of tax changes in US history [which] will massively favor the top 1 per cent of income earners, threaten an explosive rise in federal debt, complicate the tax code and do little if anything to spur growth."
But, great news for those who matter.

Trump's America and the New World Order: A Conversation With Noam Chomsky

Pointing out that the Orange Kazoo has quickly become the very people he railed against and will continue to screw over the people who voted for him just as the others did is the path to discrediting. They aren't bothered that he's a schmuck, he's "their schmuck." No kiddos, he's "Wall Street's Schmuck and hope you liked your jobs."
Wrong Weatherwax is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 01-10-2017, 11:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
That Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
I don't buy that narrative that he's a anything like a "normal republican". normal republicans (or democrats for that matter) concern themselves with capturing and maintaining political power; Trump could give a shit less about political influence, and has his appointments have demonstrated, his sole intent is to torch every obstacle to accruing more wealth at everyone elses loss, and taking the least responsibility if things go wrong. he doesn't care about being president any more than what it will benefit him after the fact. This makes corporations happy as pigs in shit, because they get to abuse all the same 'benefits' of his kleptocratic wrecking spree
2 Users Said Thanks :
3 Users Agreed:
2 Users Like This:
Old 01-10-2017, 12:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Getting Back There

My Mood:
Client: Exodus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
I don't buy that narrative that he's a anything like a "normal republican". normal republicans (or democrats for that matter) concern themselves with capturing and maintaining political power; Trump could give a shit less about political influence, and has his appointments have demonstrated, his sole intent is to torch every obstacle to accruing more wealth at everyone elses loss, and taking the least responsibility if things go wrong. he doesn't care about being president any more than what it will benefit him after the fact. This makes corporations happy as pigs in shit, because they get to abuse all the same 'benefits' of his kleptocratic wrecking spree
LOL, so normal republican after all?

All jokes aside, I agree that he is anything but a normal Republican but I understand Chomsky's sentiment on the issue as well. I would argue that while he's not a normal Republican but rather the worst practices of the Republican ethos writ large.
Wrong Weatherwax is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 01-10-2017, 12:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
He does not care about *being* president, he just wants to *win* the presidency. To him it is just another prize in the cereal box.
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Agreed:
Old 01-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
That Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
as far as he's concerned, he already did that... bigly e.e