Fiat to invest $1 billion in Michigan, Ohio - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » Fiat to invest $1 billion in Michigan, Ohio

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2017, 12:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Nevertheless, she persisted.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
Fiat to invest $1 billion in Michigan, Ohio

Just watch - even though the announcement makes it clear they were going to do this before Trump won the election, he'll still try to take credit.

Fiat to invest $1 billion in Michigan, Ohio plants, create 2,000 jobs

Quote:
The announcement, in what the company said was the second phase of a plan it first made public a year ago, came days after Ford Motor Company decided to scrap a plan to build a facility in Mexico, instead opting to invest in a plant in Michigan.

Ford's CEO cited demand, rather than the policies of President-elect Donald Trump, who has vowed to impose a "border tax" on companies that send jobs abroad.

"Consistent and combined with previously announced investments, FCA US is further demonstrating its commitment to strengthening its U.S. manufacturing base, and aligning U.S. capacity to extend the Jeep product lineup," FCA said.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
He will just ignore that, by his own logic, sole credit for this should go to Obama.

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 01-09-2017, 11:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
I'm Catman...

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 4/15/2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Spengler View Post
He will just ignore that, by his own logic, sole credit for this should go to Obama.
I don't think it should be credited to anyone but Fiat. They are getting more popular in the US these past few years and the next logical step for them was to build a plant here.
The space to shine
is all a blip
and so am I.

- J Mascis
Markubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Discount

Jesus is coming. Look busy!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: August 21, 2007
Client: Anything But 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
I don't think it should be credited to anyone but Fiat. They are getting more popular in the US these past few years and the next logical step for them was to build a plant here.
We should also probably credit brave, red-blooded Americans bold enough to buy a Jeep..... THAT'S courage.

U.S. Only
Casey Pelous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Nevertheless, she persisted.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
Trump is as predictable as sunshine and night.

Trump falsely takes credit for new jobs, Part VII | MSNBC

Quote:
Donald Trump, pulling a very familiar trick, boasted this morning on Twitter that Fiat-Chrysler “just announced plans to invest $1 billion in Michigan and Ohio plants, adding 2,000 jobs.” In a follow-up tweet, the president-elect thanked the company.

Trump, however, didn’t have anything to do with the investment he seems eager to take credit for.

FCA, the U.S. arm of automaker Fiat-Chrysler, announced on Sunday that it would invest a total $1 billion in plants in Michigan and Ohio, which will add 2,000 new jobs in the United States.

The announcement, in what the company said was the second phase of a plan it first made public a year ago, came days after Ford decided to scrap a plan to build a facility in Mexico, instead opting to invest in a plant in Michigan. Ford’s CEO cited demand, rather than the policies of President-elect Donald Trump.

If it seems as if this is becoming a daily occurrence, with Trump celebrating new jobs as if he had something to do with them, you’re not far off.
Cindy Claveau is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 01-10-2017, 01:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
A Napoleon in rags

*SLU Supporter*

Becoming a ghost

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2003
...and yet the latest mass-shootings (and anything else negative that happens) are and will continue to be "Obama's fault", until the 20th of January.

Wait... who am I kidding? The negative events will still be Obama's fault, after January 20th! I momentarily forgot how GrOPesters operate.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
You've Got to Swing It

Class of '07

SL Join Date: 5/4/2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
Fiat does own Chrysler - which means Dodge, Jeep, Ram trucks, as well as Chrysler.

"Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." Forrest Church

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction." Antoine De Saint-Exuprey

"We need not think alike in order to love alike." attributed to Francis David

Beathag McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality

Dressed up like a car crash

My Mood:
Client: Black Dragon, FS, SL Viewer
I am not sure which is worse, that he takes credit for it, or that a lot of those workers will believe him?
Soda Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Building Better Worlds since 1979

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jun 27, 2006
Client: 7 of them (I like testing)
EPA Accuses Fiat Chrysler of Excess Diesel Emissions

cough cough Thanks Donald.

(Is that a meme yet, thanking Trump for bad stuff, the way they made Thanks Obama a meme?)
DanielRavenNest is offline   Reply With Quote