Kim Kardashian Robbed At Gunpoint In Paris Home Invasion - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » Kim Kardashian Robbed At Gunpoint In Paris Home Invasion

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2016, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Peeps Tsar

#imalwayswithher

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Dec 2002
Business: ANOmations
Client: Viewer 2
Send a message via Yahoo to Cristiano Send a message via Skype™ to Cristiano
Kim Kardashian Robbed At Gunpoint In Paris Home Invasion

Kim Kardashian was tied up at gunpoint and robbed by several men posing as police in Paris on Sunday. As you can imagine, the internrt is having a field day mocking her over having millions of dollars of jewelry stolen and saying she deserved it, which is bullshit victim blaming.

It's Ridiculous That People Are Saying Kim Kardashian Deserved To Be Held at Gunpoint | Glamour

Cristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 10-03-2016, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Twitter
Isabeau Imako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

As I wrote in another thread;
Quote:
It's hard to believe they didn't set this whole thing up. I'm certain this is something that could happen, but they've both purposely done so many things to get attention ($) I just don't give a f. She isn't dead or hurt, so that's all I need to know, if even that. Because of the many terrorist violence in France, the number of tourists have dropped, and the mayor of Paris had to actually comment on this so as to reassure potential visitors.
I hope she's fine, but I don't especially care about the particulars.
Isabeau Imako is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 10-03-2016, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabeau Imako View Post
I'm pretty sure her properly licensed bodyguards are always armed, even in France - so I suppose that means in NRA world, she would have drawn an AR-15 from the concealed carry holster attached to her ankle and riddled the robbers with bullets.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!” -- C. Johnson

Last edited by detrius; 10-03-2016 at 03:55 PM.
detrius is online now   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 10-03-2016, 05:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Peeps Tsar

#imalwayswithher

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Dec 2002
Business: ANOmations
Client: Viewer 2
Send a message via Yahoo to Cristiano Send a message via Skype™ to Cristiano
The Abject Dehumanization of Kim Kardashian
Cristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Thanks :
2 Users Agreed:
Old 10-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Woke Woman

It's all relative

My Mood:
SL Join Date: This time: 10/12/2010
Client: A few different ones

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
I'm not a fan, but I feel very bad for her. I'm sure that was terrifying. I can't imagine being tied up like that when you're in a place you considered to be safe. PTSD is a real thing, and I hope that she gets a lot of support and emotional help, if she needs it. It's easy to shrug off her experience because of who she is, but that doesn't make her invulnerable to violence, fear and trauma. Poor girl.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shilohlyric/
http://shilohlyric.wordpress.com/
Shiloh Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Imp

Who are you?

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Early '06 or late '05, not sure.
Client: Singularity, mostly.
I suppose, as far as the NRA is concerned, anyone claiming to be a police officer should be held at gunpoint till they can prove it too.
Gabriell Anatra is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
1 User Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 10-03-2016, 07:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

The NRA's stance is partly built on the fantasy of a Real Man with his God-smelted handguns standing up to real armed government goons. It goes without saying they believe they'd have been able to take on bad guys merely disguised as cops with no trouble.

Heck, they continued to push to the claim that a 2-A-type gun right in France would've thwarted the Charlie Hebdo assault even after their own, repeated, simulations gave a zero percent survival rate.
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 10-03-2016, 08:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Wanted for Makeup Crimes

Location: Faery Crossing, Angel Manor, New Babbage, Europa Wulfenbach
My Mood:
SL Join Date: Feb 2008
Business: Dark Alice, HorrorAddicts.net
Client: Firestorm, Crystal Ball
I'm not a fan of anything remotely connected to the Kardashian/Jenner empire.
I think it's scary and terrible that this crime happened to anyone but I also don't like any of the media hoopla (regardless of the slant) that is happening largely just because of who she is.
2 Users Agreed:
Old 10-03-2016, 08:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Woke Woman

It's all relative

My Mood:
SL Join Date: This time: 10/12/2010
Client: A few different ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauve Aeon View Post
I'm not a fan of anything remotely connected to the Kardashian/Jenner empire.
I think it's scary and terrible that this crime happened to anyone but I also don't like any of the media hoopla (regardless of the slant) that is happening largely just because of who she is.
I don't know if it's completely that. The theft of a few million dollars worth of jewelry tends to at least make the news, regardless. I mean, of course it makes a difference that she's famous. But I would bet that, with the internet, this would have made news no matter who it happened to.

However, if she wouldn't have been Kim Kardashian, it more than likely wouldn't have happened at all, anyway. So there is THAT, also, to factor in with the press coverage.

If Brad Pitt yelling at, and possibly pushing, his oldest child can be front page news for days, I'm pretty sure that Kim Kardashian being traumatized and robbed of millions is worth a few stories.
Shiloh Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 10-03-2016, 09:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Wanted for Makeup Crimes

Location: Faery Crossing, Angel Manor, New Babbage, Europa Wulfenbach
My Mood:
SL Join Date: Feb 2008
Business: Dark Alice, HorrorAddicts.net
Client: Firestorm, Crystal Ball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh Lyric View Post
...I'm pretty sure that Kim Kardashian being traumatized and robbed of millions is worth a few stories.
Yeah, it is news. But in the context of all the other media hype surrounding them it's a bit numbing, at least to me. Media articles scolding people for behaving badly when the press in general humps this family so hard just seems a bit ironic though...

I've had a very bad taste for this kind of overdone celeb-worship since the Cosmo 'first family' cover. It's just too much. </>
Fauve Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 1, 2006
I feel a twinge of guilt for thinking it's a setup, some kind of way to get insurance money and more clicks, since she and Kanye are not in the best financial waters right now. It's just a twinge, a reservation, because these people are shameless in exploiting themselves.
Cristalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

lesser spotted swivel eyed loon

My Mood:
Business: The Tiggerworks
Quote:
Originally Posted by detrius View Post
I'm pretty sure her properly licensed bodyguards are always armed, even in France
Would that be legal in France?
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Dancing In The Dark

*SLU Supporter*

America: Way Down, Big Trouble, Dead!

Most Appropriate  Forum Avatar 
Mostly I heard people saying she/Kardashian Inc made the whole thing up for publicity, yada, yada, but even they know lying to the police is a crime. I'm surprised at the lack of security, only one bodyguard? The other said something about an inside job which would be alarming for that family, obviously.

I think the lack of sympathy also comes from the value of the jewelry stolen being reported because it reminds everyone of how much this worthless bunch has and people get disgusted all over again.

Kim is a tough cookie though, her monster, I mean mother, made sure of that much.
Io Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Old 10-04-2016, 12:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

Gore

SL Join Date: 2004
Business: primOptic eyewear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
Would that be legal in France?
Definitely not. No way can a private security guard carry a firearm in France.

What I don't understand is why she was carrying $10 million worth of jewellery and no bodyguard looking over it all times. I'm pretty sure that insurance policies have all sorts of safety requirements for travelling with that kind of value. It is definitely fishy.

Last edited by Nibb Tardis; 10-04-2016 at 12:48 AM.
Nibb Tardis is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 10-04-2016, 01:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
Dancing In The Dark

*SLU Supporter*

Well she had one bodyguard, they took him out first. The question is why wasn't all that shit in the hotel safe, I didn't think people with that kind of bling just carried it around like their damn make-up bag. Ridiculous.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
Dancing In The Dark

*SLU Supporter*

In fact, that may be why the other bodyguard suggested an inside job because who would know she was dumb enough to keep 10 million worth of jewelry in her hotel room? Everyone would assume it was mostly in the hotel safe. But they knew better.... hmmmm....
Old 10-04-2016, 01:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Dancing In The Dark

*SLU Supporter*

As for that glamour article, bitch please. If I ever have to read another mental deficient write about her brilliant business mind I might off myself. Built on a sex tape and whoring herself out to a public with no taste or decency, lots of plastic surgery and a mobile game that if you believe she thought up I truly pity you. Besides, her mother is the evil brain behind this enterprise, always was.
2 Users Agreed:
Old 10-04-2016, 01:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Your cutest PITA

Don't look yet !

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 10/28/06
Business: RealRestraint
Client: My own RLV
I've seen it all over the news in France, and the global victim blaming from some "journalists" is sickening. I don't care who the victim is and what social networks think of her, she stays the victim. And I don't care that she was wearing millions in jewelry without securing it in a safe (what good is jewelry for if you can't wear it anyway ?), nor that she had only one bodyguard, etc etc. She's the victim and that's it.

Also the group of bandits who robbed her seemed to be very well organized, and had prepared their attack for a while. They knew when, where, who and how to strike. Dressed and armed like policemen, they had to use very little violence to get what they wanted (which makes me think that using a safe in these circumstances would not have helped anyway). Granted, it is easy to know where the victim is at all times, as well as what she is wearing at any time, just read her Facebook page, but still. Lots of organization there, they were obviously professionals.

All this to say, as it has been pointed out in this thread, it could to anybody rich enough, regardless of the fame, and regardless of how secure the goods are. It has nothing to do with how careful or careless the victim is. Also I'm glad that she's unscathed. Probably because professionals.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
Dancing In The Dark

*SLU Supporter*

I never said she wasn't a victim, I said she was stupid to keep that shit in her hotel room. But then again I read she did even more, she posts on her Instagram pics and videos of her jewelry, bragging about exactly how much each piece is worth in dollar amounts. In fact a poster made a joke about her getting robbed the day before this happened while she was doing this. She was probably in the hotel room while she did it.

None of this means she deserved to be terrorized but if they stole it while she was out if the hotel, most people would point out the stupidity of her actions and say she had it coming. No one is going to cry over her losing jewelry. She was a victim of a violent crime. She has my sympathy for that. No one "deserves" to be violated, even if they are stupid.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
Dancing In The Dark

*SLU Supporter*

Never mind anything I said, this op says it all:

Why are people mocking Kim Kardashian for being a victim of violent crime?
1 User Agreed:
Old 10-04-2016, 02:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
Nemo me impune lacessit

*SLU Supporter*

We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation. -Voltaire

My Mood:
Business: Radio Free Darkmere

Most Erotic Salma Hayek Youtube Clip 
Fuck the Kardashians. After subjecting the people of Bajor to 50 years of brutal occupation, I have no sympathy.
Lucifer Baphomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:35 AM   #23 (permalink)
Dancing In The Dark

*SLU Supporter*

Also..yes it's the Post and yes he has reason to be salty but is he wrong? Their former bodyguard:

Kimye’s former security guard thinks robbery was an inside job | Page Six

Insomnia or not, this is the.most I have ever talked about the Kardashians and I'm starting to feel deranged, so I say Goodnight!
1 User Laughed:
1 User Hugged You:
Old 10-04-2016, 02:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
That Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

Innocent as far as you know

My Mood:
SL Join Date: late 04 original account, mid 05 current
I'm glad no one was seriously hurt. other than that IDGAF...

... actually that's not entirely true, I get the reaction towards them. they're entirely fake people who put on airs of being superior on the basis of little more than the warm wind wafting from their mouths, or asses... it's hard to tell. and it feels justified to laugh at their misfortune, the same way they (with judicious help from the media) throw their fortune in everyone's face and pretend it makes them better. that's the thing about self made pedestals, you build it up high enough, and eventually someone will come by and knock it down.
It's not enough to care about liberty if the only liberty you care about is your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Firelyte View Post
Why doesn't anyone ever ask, "What is the real meaning of the winter solstice?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eboni Khan View Post
Thanks for being passive agressive.
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Solace Beach Owner

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Business: Solace Beach Estates
Client: Firestorm
I'm really glad to see the tone of most of the posts here. I too am far from a fan, but my heart went out to her as a fellow survivor. Here's my article on the topic:
https://themighty.com/2016/10/letter...sion-survivor/

I don't think it would have really mattered if she had put the jewelry in the safe in her room. If someone's holding you at gunpoint, you should give them anything they want to take. Nothing is more important than your life! I can't imagine having millions of dollars worth of jewelry, but I don't think I would trust that to the hotel safe either.

I think survivors of physical violence tend to blame ourselves just as survivors of sexual violence do. In the aftermath, it's inevitable to think about all the what ifs, and how if you had just done this one thing differently it wouldn't have happened. But even if you made mistakes, even if you own expensive items or trusted the wrong person, there's no excuse for people to take advantage of that, especially in such a violent manner. Nobody is perfect but that doesn't mean we deserve to be victimized.
1 User Agreed: