Kim Kardashian Robbed At Gunpoint In Paris Home Invasion - Page 2 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » Kim Kardashian Robbed At Gunpoint In Paris Home Invasion

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2016, 05:35 AM   #26 (permalink)
Angelic Lurkette

Wanted for Makeup Crimes

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Feb 2008
Business: Dark Alice, HorrorAddicts.net
Client: Firestorm, Crystal Ball
This seems right to me, Karl Lagerfeld sent her a personal sympathy note but critiqued her actions publicly as well.

Even Famously Over-the-Top Designer Karl Lagerfeld Says Kim Needs to 'Tone It Down'
Old 10-07-2016, 09:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
When's lunch?

Mama's babygirl :D

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Long long ago.
Client: Viewer 3, Firestorm

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodeejah Urquan
No.

I don't care about her public actions or whatever stupidity that may or may not have led up to the robbery.

The point is, a person was robbed at gunpoint. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

The very fact that it was Kim Kardashian instead of a gamily member or a friend makes no difference to me.

This was a crime, pure and simple, and she was a victim. She didn't deserve for any of it to happen. That blame I put squarely on the chuckle heads who decided to rob her. It would have happened even if she didn't flash any jewelry.

So no, no chiding, no tone arguements that "she should gave done this". That's bs.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:22 AM   #28 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 1, 2006
Assuming that it's not insurance fraud, she has most people's sympathy. It is still prudent for people to not show off stuff on social media. There are steps people can do to protect themselves and it is a good warning to others. My nephew had his house broken into and a lot of his stuff stolen, and he was just a preteen. None of the other valuable items in the house were taken in the robbery. Curious, huh. While responsibility belongs squarely on the robbers, that doesn't mean that people shouldn't take notice of precautions that they can do to protect themselves.
Cristalle is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 10-07-2016, 01:21 PM   #29 (permalink)
Dancing In The Dark

*SLU Supporter*

America: Way Down, Big Trouble, Dead!

Most Appropriate  Forum Avatar 
I'm starting to believe in the possibility that the whole thing really is fake. I don't exactly follow the Kardashians so I wasn't aware of the fact that they have had multiple claims of "jewelry theft" that came to nothing so I no longer reject the idea that they would lie to the police. There are also very sketchy "facts" about this story. If nothing at all happens other than a rich mine of "content" for the new season of their show, I am going to doubt it happened any more than all the other times.
Io Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
Dancing In The Dark

*SLU Supporter*

America: Way Down, Big Trouble, Dead!

Most Appropriate  Forum Avatar 
Oh, and....

Quote:
Earlier this week, police in Paris told The Associated Press that Kim may have been robbed as a result of flaunting her wealth on social media.

“Clearly when you have a star like Kim Kardashian who has, I think, more than 48 million followers on Twitter … I think this could have happened abroad just as easily as in Paris. It was really the celebrity who was targeted, with possessions that had been seen and noticed via social media, and it was these goods that the attackers targeted,” Paris police spokeswoman Johanna Primevert told the AP.
Io Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-07-2016, 02:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
Angelic Lurkette

Wanted for Makeup Crimes

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Feb 2008
Business: Dark Alice, HorrorAddicts.net
Client: Firestorm, Crystal Ball
Several other claims:
'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' Robbery -- REFUSING To Shoot 'Til Burglar's Caught | TMZ.com
Fauve Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 06:13 PM   #32 (permalink)

My Mood:

Gaming Guru 
Kim Kardashian Is Being Protected by Ex-Secret Service Agents After Robbery

Quote:
The reality star’s new security team reportedly includes former members of the Secret Service, who will be “armed,” a source told TMZ. Kardashian will be accompanied by at least two body guards at all times, and will be transported in an “armored” car. She also reportedly met with former special force members of the Israeli army and ex-CIA agents, while her husband, Kanye West, met with two major security firms.

Her mother, Kris Jenner, has been “heavily involved” in the security meetings, according to TMZ. Kris is reportedly planning to hire protection teams for daughters Kourtney, Khloé, Kendall, and Kylie as well.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
That Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

Innocent as far as you know

My Mood:
SL Join Date: late 04 original account, mid 05 current
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauve Aeon View Post
Is it wrong for me to hope they never find this guy?
It's not enough to care about liberty if the only liberty you care about is your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Firelyte View Post
Why doesn't anyone ever ask, "What is the real meaning of the winter solstice?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eboni Khan View Post
Thanks for being passive agressive.
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
Old 10-10-2016, 10:29 PM   #34 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Io Zeno View Post
Oh, and....
Quote:
Earlier this week, police in Paris told The Associated Press that Kim may have been robbed as a result of flaunting her wealth on social media.
Lots of men also think that rape victims have been raped as a result of flaunting their sexy woman-bodies at a nightclub.

Of course, police' job is to catch criminals.

1. Person who flaunts wealth on social media

2. Person who invades private residence, binds up staff, steals millions of dollars worth of private property

Only one of these individuals has done something criminal.
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 10-11-2016, 01:02 AM   #35 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 1, 2006
Here is the thing that sets off my bullshit meter. That Kim would escape, after her hands were bound up with zip ties and duct tape. Have they shown the injuries to her wrists that ought to be there? Something just stinks to me.
Cristalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:24 PM   #36 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

A French news channel has released closed-circuit security camera footage from nearby Kardashian's hotel showing five people approaching the building, and then fleeing quickly three-quarters of an hour later with a backpack, contents unknown. The time stamps on the footage are consistent with the reported time of the robbery.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:31 PM   #37 (permalink)
Nemo me impune lacessit

*SLU Supporter*

We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation. -Voltaire

My Mood:
Business: Radio Free Darkmere

Most Erotic Salma Hayek Youtube Clip 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Tebaldi View Post
A French news channel has released closed-circuit security camera footage from nearby Kardashian's hotel showing five people approaching the building, and then fleeing quickly three-quarters of an hour later with a backpack, contents unknown. The time stamps on the footage are consistent with the reported time of the robbery.
Likely Bajoran extremists looking for payback. Anyone else would have had the wits to have teleported directly into the Cardassian compound.
Lucifer Baphomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:19 PM   #38 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Police have arrested 17 people across France today in connection with last year's heist in which Kim Kardashian was tied up at gunpoint and her hotel room robbed of some $10 million in jewelry.

Quote:
Many of those arrested in coordinated police raids in several different parts of France were known underworld figures aged around 50 and at least three were women, police and judicial sources said.

French radio and TV reports on Monday said DNA traces from the scene of the heist led police to the suspects and that they would be held for questioning, possibly for as much as four days.

A police source said one of those detained was Kardashian's chauffeur when she was visiting Paris in October for Fashion Week and that police were trying to establish whether he had passed on information to the gang.
1 User Agreed: