Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news - Page 50 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Politics, Religion & Society » Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2018, 01:08 AM   #1226 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Freaked Out Old Hippy

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innula Zenovka View Post
Dark web paedophile Matthew Falder jailed for 32 years - BBC News

The depths of human depravity to which this man sank are astonishing. More here: https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...d-for-32-years
I don't think I want to read this.
Kaimi Kyomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:43 PM   #1227 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/20/2008
Client: LL Viewer V3

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
There are some truly sick fuckers in Right-Wing Land:

Trump Jr. ‘likes’ tweets attacking Florida massacre survivor | New York Post

I took a quick peek at one of the Twitter feeds mentioned in the article, belonging to a Thomas Paine. Holy shit, he's out there, deep in the heart of Scaryville!

Katheryne Helendale is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 02-21-2018, 12:07 AM   #1228 (permalink)
What?

Business: Gadget's Gadgets
This is the correct response.
Wakulla Sheriff’s Office arrest Kane Watson after threats made via Snapchat – Wakulla County Sheriff's Office
Old 02-21-2018, 02:23 AM   #1229 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katheryne Helendale View Post
There are some truly sick fuckers in Right-Wing Land:

Trump Jr. ‘likes’ tweets attacking Florida massacre survivor | New York Post

I took a quick peek at one of the Twitter feeds mentioned in the article, belonging to a Thomas Paine. Holy shit, he's out there, deep in the heart of Scaryville!
A Florida GOP staffer has been fired after sending a statement, via an official state government email account, to a journalist asserting that two of the surviving kids who have been prominently featured on the media were not actually students of the school but "actors that travel to various crisis when they happen".
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said WTF?:
Old 02-21-2018, 06:21 PM   #1230 (permalink)

All I want is coffee and 5 million dollars

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Milo Yiannopoulos has been reduced to shilling "supplements" on InfoWars

Twitter
Isabeau Imako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:36 PM   #1231 (permalink)
Myf
McMahon

Pop!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March '07
Business: The Kino Haus
Client: the one you hate

Awards: 2
I'm looking forward to hearing Milo's opinions on soy.
Myf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:43 PM   #1232 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*

I feel pretty. Oh, so pretty.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008

Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myf View Post
I'm looking forward to hearing Milo's opinions on soy.
He doesn't mind when it's in his hair products.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:38 PM   #1233 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:

I think I figured out why people are eating Tide Pods. It's to clean up after this:

Brushing with activated charcoal to brighten your smile is taking over social media | abc30.com

You know, there's certainly something to be said for letting Darwinism take its course.
3 Users Laughed:
3 Users Agreed:
Old 02-23-2018, 06:52 PM   #1234 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Coral Springs police upset at some Broward County deputies for not entering school

Quote:
(CNN)When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.

With direction from the Broward deputies who were outside, Coral Springs police soon entered the building where the shooter was. New Broward County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene, and two of those deputies and an officer from Sunrise, Florida, joined the Coral Springs police as they went into the building.

Some Coral Springs police were stunned and upset that the four original Broward County Sheriff's deputies who were first on the scene did not appear to join them as they entered the school, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. It's unclear whether the shooter was still in the building when they arrived.

What these Coral Springs officers observed -- though not their feelings about it -- will be released in a report, likely next week. Sources cautioned that tapes are currently being reviewed and official accounts could ultimately differ from recollections of officers on the scene.

The resentment among Coral Springs officials toward Broward County officials about what they perceived to be a dereliction of duty may have reached a boiling point at a vigil the night of February 15, where, in front of dozens of others, Coral Springs City Manager Mike Goodrum confronted Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel. A source familiar with the conversation tells CNN that Goodrum was upset that the Broward deputies had remained outside the school while kids inside could have been bleeding out, among other reasons.

Goodrum said in a statement to CNN, "Given the horrific events of that day emotions were running high and the sheriff and I had a heated moment the following evening. Sheriff Israel and I have spoken several times since and I can assure you that our departments have a good working relationship and the utmost respect for each other." Goodrum declined to comment on the content of their conversation.
Wait a second - what?

I remember reading yesterday about how the sheriff's department basically forced the school resource deputy to resign for not going in. But now you had FOUR freaking deputies on scene and NONE of them went into the school to confront a shooter who was in there killing kids? Even after backup arrived - who apparently had to go in by themselves at first? What the actual f-word.
1 User Said WTF?:
Old 03-06-2018, 02:32 PM   #1235 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Freaked Out Old Hippy

My Mood:
My God! This is for sure the right thread to post this: With Supreme Court challenge, tech billionaire could dismantle beach access rights California beaches for the the rich only!
Kaimi Kyomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said WTF?:
Old 03-06-2018, 05:17 PM   #1236 (permalink)
Lost Bird

DILLIGAFF

SL Join Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimi View Post
My God! This is for sure the right thread to post this: With Supreme Court challenge, tech billionaire could dismantle beach access rights California beaches for the the rich only!
Who does the road belong to? If it is state or county (or even city) then he can't legally block the road. There is also the matter of a 10 foot easement on both sides of the road. Which in either case of state or county means the state or county owns the easement and access can't be denied to the state or county. Or its citizens.
Believe or you will not see.
WolfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:13 PM   #1237 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Man without electricity for four days threatens to blow up utility substation

Quote:
Vernon police said 63-year-old Robert Winter was charged with making terroristic threats.

Authorities say Winter called Jersey Central Power & Light on Monday and quickly became agitated while speaking with a utility staffer. They say he threatened to kidnap an employee and then indicated that he knew how to make bombs and would blow up a substation so no one could have power.

A JCP&L security investigator soon contacted police and provided them with a recorded copy of the phone call.

Winter was arrested a short time later at his home. It wasn't known Tuesday if he's retained an attorney.
I guess it's a good thing this guy doesn't live in Puerto fecking Rico.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 03-06-2018, 09:12 PM   #1238 (permalink)
Just call me Beth

Singing along with old music

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 4 2009
Business: Moondrops ; Tempus Fugit; Faerycat Designs; sPunk
Client: Firestorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfEyes View Post
Who does the road belong to? If it is state or county (or even city) then he can't legally block the road. There is also the matter of a 10 foot easement on both sides of the road. Which in either case of state or county means the state or county owns the easement and access can't be denied to the state or county. Or its citizens.
Not to mention, I'm really not sure there is anything that the SCOTUS could actually call on to rule in this asshole's favour. Because its a mater of state law, as well, apparently.

Aribeth Zelin is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 03-06-2018, 10:18 PM   #1239 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

I don't even know what to say to this.

Quote:
Alyssa M. Edwards, 27, was charged on Monday with two counts of endangering children by the Ashland County Sheriff’s Office after the 8-year-old boy shot his 4-year-old sister four times with a rifle in their Hayesville home, said Chief Deputy Carl Richert.
Edwards appeared for a bond setting via Skype while in the Ashland County Jail on Monday afternoon.

Ashland County Prosecutor Christopher Tunnell said that Edwards’ husband believed she was taking the two children to a babysitter after she and her husband both left for work. Instead, Tunnell said, she left the two children home alone.

The .22-caliber rifle was kept in a gun locker with other firearms in the home, Tunnell said. It was unclear whether it was locked. Even if it were locked, he said, the 8-year-old knew how to unlock the gun locker and “was familiar with the firearm.”

“The ammunition was stored separate from the gun, and it appears the 8-year-old was able to load the magazine and chamber the first round,” Tunnell said.

Tunnell indicated Edwards was informed of the shooting of the 4-year-old by the 8-year-old around 10 a.m. while working at a nearby horse farm.

“She came home, cleaned up a bed cover with blood on it, examined the 4-year-old and was aware the 4-year-old was injured at the time,” Tunnell said. “And despite that knowledge, clocked back in at work at 11 a.m., again leaving the 8-year-old and the 4-year-old home alone, yet again.”

It wasn’t until between noon and 2 p.m. that Edwards took both children to the hospital, after urine appeared to be leaking out of the girl’s wound, Tunnell said. The hospital then contacted police, and it wasn’t until then that the husband was told of the shooting, the prosecutor said.

The daughter is still at Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital in Cleveland, but is in stable condition. The boy is in the custody of children’s services.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:28 PM   #1240 (permalink)
But it refused. <3

*SLU Supporter*

I'm a regular Victor Victoria

Something no work no health care something.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:53 AM   #1241 (permalink)
Lost Bird

DILLIGAFF

SL Join Date: April 2004
Doesn't look like she'll need to worry about working to feed the kids any more.
WolfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #1242 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Today's mass shooting comes from Alabama.

Quote:
A man with a rifle stormed into an Alabama restaurant Wednesday morning and opened fire, killing the owner and wounding three other people, authorities said.

The suspect entered the City Grill in the east Alabama town of Hurtsboro, yelled out the name of the owner and started firing a .22-caliber rifle, Russell County Sheriff Heath Taylor said.

The suspect knew the cafe owner, 69-year-old Donny Hughes, who was killed in the barrage of gunfire, the sheriff said. He did not release a motive.

The wounded were taken to hospitals, and one of them was in surgery, the sheriff said.

The suspect left the restaurant and went to his home nearby, where he was taken into custody. The sheriff declined to release his name, The Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reported .
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 03-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #1243 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

SL Join Date: 17 June 2007
Business: Something Spunky
Quote:
The leader and deputy leader of far-right group Britain First have been found guilty of religiously aggravated harassment.

Paul Golding, 36, and Jayda Fransen, 32, were arrested over the distribution of leaflets and posting of online videos during a gang-rape trial.

Fransen was convicted of three counts of religiously aggravated harassment. Golding was found guilty of one charge.

Both were jailed at Folkestone Magistrates' Court.

Fransen was handed a 36-week sentence and Golding 18 weeks.
Britain First leader and deputy leader jailed for hate crimes - BBC News

These are the people who #45 retweeted not so long ago, thus getting into a spat with Theresa May, the British Prime Minister.
Innula Zenovka is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 03-07-2018, 06:40 PM   #1244 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Tebaldi View Post
Speaking of Alabama:

1 dead in shooting at Huffman High School in Birmingham | WVTM13

Updates:

2 injured in Huffman High School shooting; 17-year-old Birmingham girl dead | AL.com

And just think: The Cheeto-in-Chief wants to put more guns in schools!
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 03-07-2018, 08:49 PM   #1245 (permalink)

Building Better Worlds since 1979

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jun 27, 2006
Client: 7 of them (I like testing)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aribeth Zelin View Post
Not to mention, I'm really not sure there is anything that the SCOTUS could actually call on to rule in this asshole's favour. Because its a mater of state law, as well, apparently.
The US Constitution says "nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation." (Fifth Amendment). The case would revolve around whether the state laws violate this clause.

So the questions for the Court would be (a) was the road private in the first place, given that it had been in use for a century by the public. (b) If it was still private, did the state action amount to a "taking"? Local governments make all kinds of rules all the time about land, without having to pay the land-owners. (c) There is a rule about land that it can't be made completely inaccessible to the owner. So if you sell an acre of land in the middle of a larger property, you have to allow access. California owns the territorial waters and the shoreline up to a point (usually the high tide line, but that varies by state). So they could rule that the beach has to be made accessible somehow to the people of California.
DanielRavenNest is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Agreed:
Old 03-08-2018, 05:47 AM   #1246 (permalink)

lesser spotted swivel eyed loon

My Mood:
Business: The Tiggerworks
Well clearly the US is safer than the UK, after all how many mass nerve agent attacks have there been over there this week compared to the UK?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...sergei-skripal

Russian spy, his daughter and british police officer all in hospital in serious condition after being subjected to a nerve agent.

Russia indignant at being accused of it.
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:14 AM   #1247 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a nerve agent is a good guy with a nerve agent, after all.
2 Users Agreed:
Old 03-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #1248 (permalink)

lesser spotted swivel eyed loon

My Mood:
Business: The Tiggerworks
that, or the 200 troops now in salisbury. Including bomb disposal and chemical warfare specialists.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...sbury-cemetery
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 03-09-2018, 03:21 PM   #1249 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

A serious situation is developing in Yountville, California where a gunman has opened fire and taken hostages at an assisted-living facility for veterans that house some 1,000 residents.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:33 PM   #1250 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

Quote:
If you’re not good at cooking you better be real good at sucking dick.” That memorable line is from a new video game released this week, just in time for International Women’s Day.

The game is called Super Seducer. It was created by a pickup artist called Richard La Ruina, a man Piers Morgan recently branded “repulsive” for his views on British women. Take that in for a second. Piers Morgan thinks this man’s views on women are beyond the pale. In the game players are given the option to try out different lines and “moves” on women, like grabbing their breasts … or their bottom. The aim is to hone your skills for real life so you can “win” the ultimate prize: the girl of your dreams.
Actually, it's all about ethics in gaming journalism...

This game teaches men it’s OK to grope women. Help me get it off sale

Petition asking Steam to stop selling it: https://act.welevelup.org/campaigns/super-seducer ETA: (only for UK addresses, apparently).

Last edited by Innula Zenovka; 03-10-2018 at 09:07 AM. Reason: note about petition being only for UK addresses