Nobody Cares: PRS - Page 190 - SLUniverse Forums

Politics, Religion & Society Topics pertaining to politics, religion, philosophy, and social issues. Not for the faint of heart. Also, do not post while drunk, suffering from food poisoning, or while on a low carb diet. You have been warned.

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2018, 07:31 AM   #4726 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimi Kyomoon View Post
So today I watched live while my (sort of) president took the hand of of one of the most evil despots in the history of the world, stoked his arm, and grinned for the cameras just hours after one of his top advisers told the world that there's a special place in hell for the leader of our nearest neighbor and best ally.

Has America been made great again?

I feel embarrassed, ashamed, humiliated, terrified, frustrated and exhausted.
Trump loves despots. I think it's because he really, really would love to be one. He admires them and wishes that, like them, he didn't have any leashes or checks on his authority.

ETA: He also likely really, really wants that Nobel Peace Prize. I don't believe for one second that Mr. "We have nukes, why don't we use them" cares about peace but that prize, oh yes, that's another story.

Last edited by Jolene Benoir; 06-12-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Jolene Benoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:39 AM   #4727 (permalink)
feral ballerina

"I will begin after the butt scratches."

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March 2004
Business: D3volution

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
That's a really good point, Jolene. Trump, in his endless, soulless pursuit of approval in the form of the highest honor he can find, is evil enough to hold the world hostage via his enhanced threat of nuclear war just for the purpose of forcing the Nobel Peace Prize committee to award the prize to him.
Govi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 06-12-2018, 11:22 AM   #4728 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govi View Post
That's a really good point, Jolene. Trump, in his endless, soulless pursuit of approval in the form of the highest honor he can find, is evil enough to hold the world hostage via his enhanced threat of nuclear war just for the purpose of forcing the Nobel Peace Prize committee to award the prize to him.
Exactly. Scare the shit out of the world with tweets saying that we can unleash power the likes the world has never seen before, then ramp it down a bit, with a toothless agreement so that you look like a hero.

Any bets that any "future development" within N. Korea by monied interests will NOT be accompanied by requirements that N. Korea abide by international human rights for its own and other peoples? No, Kim and Trump will make money. To hell with things like that. There's money to be made. Do we think any of that money will funnel down to the N. Korean people? Ha.
2 Users Agreed:
Old 06-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #4729 (permalink)
Lost Bird

SL Join Date: April 2004
Quote:
So today I watched live while my (sort of) president took the hand of of one of the most evil despots in the history of the world, stoked his arm, and grinned for the cameras just hours after one of his top advisers told the world that there's a special place in hell for the leader of our nearest neighbor and best ally.

Has America been made great again?

I feel embarrassed, ashamed, humiliated, terrified, frustrated and exhausted.
You left out white hot livid rage.
Believe or you will not see.
WolfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #4730 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Freaked Out Old Hippy

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolene Benoir View Post
Trump loves despots. I think it's because he really, really would love to be one. He admires them and wishes that, like them, he didn't have any leashes or checks on his authority.

ETA: He also likely really, really wants that Nobel Peace Prize. I don't believe for one second that Mr. "We have nukes, why don't we use them" cares about peace but that prize, oh yes, that's another story.
QFT
Old 06-12-2018, 02:24 PM   #4731 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Freaked Out Old Hippy

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govi View Post
Who knows? Maybe he really can charm Kim into halting and destroying his nuclear program and holding free and honest elections.
Kaimi Kyomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 06-12-2018, 02:27 PM   #4732 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Freaked Out Old Hippy

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfEyes View Post
You left out white hot livid rage.
Yeah. I'm well past that. I had so much it wore me out and turned into despondent acceptance of the new reality.
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Agreed:
Old 06-12-2018, 05:01 PM   #4733 (permalink)
Lost Bird

SL Join Date: April 2004
Quote:
Yeah. I'm well past that. I had so much it wore me out and turned into despondent acceptance of the new reality.
Acceptance is not something I will do. I will never accept that buffoon as president, nor will I ever accept any of the crap he says, does or signs.

I reject him, his ideals, his reality and the complacency that goes with accepting them as the new normal. Forever.
WolfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Agreed:
3 Users Like This:
Old 06-12-2018, 06:23 PM   #4734 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Freaked Out Old Hippy

My Mood:
I said that wrong.

I will never accept anything about that buffoon or anything he says or anyone who supports him. But inside my head I'm beaten bloody by the intense frustration I feel at the inability of anyone to do anything about it.

Some minor stupid medical things keep me from going to demonstrations. I don't think any of the petitions I sign really help much. I want to post every single thing I read about to Facebook where I'm preaching to the choir to 3 people, actively antagonizing two people (or I imagine it would if they ever noticed my posts) and being ignored by my other 10 fb friends who are there to relax with shared cat videos. Lately I've joined Twitter and started commenting, retweeting, and tweeting up a storm which I' pretty sure is accomplishing nothing.

I'm worn out I don't know what to do. I'm starting to accept THAT.
1 User Hugged You:
Old 06-12-2018, 07:51 PM   #4735 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
Quote:
I said that wrong.

I will never accept anything about that buffoon or anything he says or anyone who supports him. But inside my head I'm beaten bloody by the intense frustration I feel at the inability of anyone to do anything about it.

Some minor stupid medical things keep me from going to demonstrations. I don't think any of the petitions I sign really help much. I want to post every single thing I read about to Facebook where I'm preaching to the choir to 3 people, actively antagonizing two people (or I imagine it would if they ever noticed my posts) and being ignored by my other 10 fb friends who are there to relax with shared cat videos. Lately I've joined Twitter and started commenting, retweeting, and tweeting up a storm which I' pretty sure is accomplishing nothing.

I'm worn out I don't know what to do. I'm starting to accept THAT.
For your own peace of mind, if you are feeling impotent, as I think many of us are, maybe start small? Contact your representative rather than posting to those fb friends? Perhaps gather friends and make sure they are registered to vote. Offer them rides, if need be on election days. Support those who are running. It sounds like being out and about trying to get voter attention is out of the question, but there are other ways to support your chosen choice of politician. Don't be disheartened by those petitions...just maybe they can make a difference if they are going to the right people in charge.

Things like that, maybe?

We cannot change the world all at once, but we can do our own small part. Maybe look at some online activities as venting, which is perfectly fine, but real world activities as ones that can make a difference?

I feel your frustration, see it mounting, and empathize.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:51 PM   #4736 (permalink)

Foxed

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Once upon a time.
Quote:

He likes them so much he fawns over them... it's not charming.

As for the putative peace prize... surely the committee must know the taint would never go away.
Originally Posted by Kamilah Hauptmann Well it started with some lolwut and some straight dope, but then someone used Snarcasm and it was Super Effective and then SLU was an evil hivemind culminating in attempted suicide by mod, now we're in the post mortem unless bro comes back for the sequel.
Ashiri is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 06-12-2018, 08:58 PM   #4737 (permalink)
Music Lover

*SLU Supporter*

me

SL Join Date: Oct 24 2003
Client: Firestorm
Radical plan to split California into three states earns spot on November ballot
Essence Lumin is online now   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 06-12-2018, 09:21 PM   #4738 (permalink)
But it refused. <3

*SLU Supporter*

I'm a regular Victor Victoria

Twitter
2 Users Like This:
Old 06-13-2018, 01:37 AM   #4739 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Freaked Out Old Hippy

My Mood:
Quote:
For your own peace of mind, if you are feeling impotent, as I think many of us are, maybe start small? Contact your representative rather than posting to those fb friends? Perhaps gather friends and make sure they are registered to vote. Offer them rides, if need be on election days. Support those who are running. It sounds like being out and about trying to get voter attention is out of the question, but there are other ways to support your chosen choice of politician. Don't be disheartened by those petitions...just maybe they can make a difference if they are going to the right people in charge.

Things like that, maybe?

We cannot change the world all at once, but we can do our own small part. Maybe look at some online activities as venting, which is perfectly fine, but real world activities as ones that can make a difference?

I feel your frustration, see it mounting, and empathize.
I do sign letters to my senators but they are Diane Feinstein and Kamala Harris and they pretty much agree with me already. Over time I have become a middle class old white woman and everyone I know votes. So. I guess I'm putting my faith in some vague notion of young people out there.

We don't eat meat and we do compost and recycle. fwiw
Old 06-13-2018, 01:40 AM   #4740 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Freaked Out Old Hippy

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashiri View Post
He likes them so much he fawns over them... it's not charming.

As for the putative peace prize... surely the committee must know the taint would never go away.
About the Nobel Peace Prize. Remember how Obama got his? By not being Bush. I'm wondering how The Donald's successor will be viewed by the committee.
1 User Agreed:
Old 06-13-2018, 01:59 AM   #4741 (permalink)
But it refused. <3

*SLU Supporter*

Quote:
I do sign letters to my senators but they are Diane Feinstein and Kamala Harris and they pretty much agree with me already. Over time I have become a middle class old white woman and everyone I know votes. So. I guess I'm putting my faith in some vague notion of young people out there.

It might come to this.

Nobody Cares: PRS-125029.jpg
Nightsticking an old lady isn't very satisfying and nobody respects you much afterward.

Quote:
About the Nobel Peace Prize. Remember how Obama got his? By not being Bush. I'm wondering how The Donald's successor will be viewed by the committee.

Give it jointly to the other G7 leaders.
Kamilah Hauptmann is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Old 06-13-2018, 02:08 AM   #4742 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Freaked Out Old Hippy

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilah Hauptmann View Post
It might come to this.

Attachment 61142
Nightsticking an old lady isn't very satisfying and nobody respects you much afterward.

Give it jointly to the other G7 leaders.
Thanks for this. I feel more inspired now.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:17 AM   #4743 (permalink)
Music Lover

*SLU Supporter*

me

SL Join Date: Oct 24 2003
Client: Firestorm
Quote:

The Nobel peace prize is a who’s who of hawks, hypocrites and war criminals
Essence Lumin is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
3 Users Agreed:
Old 06-13-2018, 03:58 PM   #4744 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Interesting Twitter thread: proof has recently emerged that the Stanford Prison Experiment was essentially bogus and inferences about human nature made from its result are incorrect.

Make sure to read the thread, not just the blog it links.

Twitter
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:39 PM   #4745 (permalink)
But it refused. <3

*SLU Supporter*

Twitter
1 User Likes This:
Old 06-14-2018, 12:21 AM   #4746 (permalink)
But it refused. <3

*SLU Supporter*

Canada Foreign Affairs Minister Diplomat of the Year

She concludes with references to Reagan's Shining City on the Hill.
1 User Likes This:
Old 06-14-2018, 03:11 AM   #4747 (permalink)
But it refused. <3

*SLU Supporter*

I'm sure this post won't start a shitshorm.

Twitter
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 06-14-2018, 03:57 AM   #4748 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Freaked Out Old Hippy

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Tebaldi View Post
Interesting Twitter thread: proof has recently emerged that the Stanford Prison Experiment was essentially bogus and inferences about human nature made from its result are incorrect.

Make sure to read the thread, not just the blog it links.

https://twitter.com/jayvanbavel/stat...73891962613761
Well for goodness sakes. When it was taught to me in psyche 101 int the mid '80's the main thing was the ethics of putting the "guard" subjects into a situation which would make them feel guilty for the rest of their lives.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:32 PM   #4749 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
This from a moderator of the subreddit. Reddit, you still have a problem, one I don't foresee going away.

“The most a slut loses when being raped is a couple of minutes,” argues MaleForeverAlone subreddit moderator :: We Hunted The Mammoth

Much more at the link regarding women who apparently deserve rape and those who do not and where the folks from the banned /incels subreddit have slithered to.
1 User Agreed:
Old 06-14-2018, 11:29 PM   #4750 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/20/2008
Client: LL Viewer V3

Quote:
This from a moderator of the subreddit. Reddit, you still have a problem, one I don't foresee going away.

“The most a slut loses when being raped is a couple of minutes,” argues MaleForeverAlone subreddit moderator :: We Hunted The Mammoth

Much more at the link regarding women who apparently deserve rape and those who do not and where the folks from the banned /incels subreddit have slithered to.
All the more reason why I simply avoid Reddit altogether. My blood pressure is high enough as it is.

Katheryne Helendale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lolcat apocalypse