Avination ... anyone there yet? - Page 2 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Other Grids / Virtual Worlds » Avination ... anyone there yet?


Other Grids / Virtual Worlds Discuss other grids, services, and virtual worlds.

 
Sponsor:
Steampunk Victorian Caledonia
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*
 
Misty Harley's Avatar
always in need of coffee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: US
Posts: 4,735
SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
Although I commend Ayla for posting what she has, doing research that others have not (and some quick googles can confirm everything she has to say is truth...I googled, it is my friend) I do also wonder what the agenda is behind her posting the information.

I can wonder all I want, I'm just glad someone had the balls to do it and I'm not going to question it any more then beyond googling on my own to check facts (again, she is spot on) to see how accurate they are.

Because really....does it matter what her agenda is?
Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
smiles all the time
 
Han Held's Avatar
grinning
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,831
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 04/06/2008
Business: All Things Aley!
Client: Singularity 1.8.3
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliselia Aeon View Post
Meta 7 is one of the grids I left. I had...issues....with the place and the people who owned/ran it. I won't go into it more than that. If you don't believe Ayla I suggest going and checking things out on your own instead of sitting back and throwing "poo" in her direction.

It's not a matter of belief or disbelief, I believe her enough to cite her (which I just did in the flog, in response to a one-post wonder who was spamming for avination).

BUT that doesn't change the fact that it's weird that she has an axe to grind. It's very obvious that she has an agenda and it's important for people to notice that and ask 'what is she in it for', 'what does she get out of this'.

Even prok says insightful things, you simply have to apply a heavy filter when you're reading her rants.
__________________
Han Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
smiles all the time
 
Han Held's Avatar
grinning
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,831
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 04/06/2008
Business: All Things Aley!
Client: Singularity 1.8.3
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Harley View Post
Because really....does it matter what her agenda is?
Yes. If her agenda involves tearing down the competition to make up for her (or her allies) failing business, that's an important fact to consider.

If the people she's allied with are beginning to engage in stealth campaigns and/or tear down the competition that's important to know when considering whether or not to do business with them.
Han Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
smiles all the time
 
Han Held's Avatar
grinning
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,831
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 04/06/2008
Business: All Things Aley!
Client: Singularity 1.8.3
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Harley View Post

I can wonder all I want, I'm just glad someone had the balls to do it and I'm not going to question it any more then beyond googling on my own to check facts (again, she is spot on) to see how accurate they are.
It might also be a good idea to question what she's leaving out, as well.
Han Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*
 
Misty Harley's Avatar
always in need of coffee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: US
Posts: 4,735
SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Held View Post
Yes. If her agenda involves tearing down the competition to make up for her (or her allies) failing business, that's an important fact to consider.

If the people she's allied with are beginning to engage in stealth campaigns and/or tear down the competition that's important to know when considering whether or not to do business with them.
What's important to know is the facts for any grid that you wish to be involved with. HOW or WHY the information is given is completely beside the point as long as they are true.

Rarely does a blogger post "just because they felt it was the right thing to do" there is almost always some sort of agenda that nobody will ever know about or can guess about until they are blue in the face.

Whether the person is active in Inworldz, SL or thirdrock or any other grid out t here...does not matter. As long the information being given is truthful and not full of lies and rumors. It's never the truth that harms anyone, it's the lies and rumors. Especially if proved false.

You know..sorta like what you just did about 'failing businesses' because I'm guessing you have insider information to link us that shows whatever business she may be allied with as failing? Your doing your own research yes to disprove her facts? And to dig up the dirt on her 'allies and stealth campaigns"?
Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gaga Gracious's Avatar
Looking beyond
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 363
My Mood:
SL Join Date: ages ago
Client: Singularity, Kokua, Astra, Teapot
Blog Entries: 1
Well, I wondered what the fuss was about so had to visit Avination just to satisfy myself. But I did read the blog post by Ayla Holt first and that got my curiosity up even more.

Ayla's blog post, in my view, reads like investigative research and she neatly weaves together a tale of deception and fraudulent practice. Avination gets firmly tarred with the "guilt by association" brush and I was already beginning to suspect this was an assignation article before I got to the end and read the punch line which I will come to in a moment.

Ayla writes about Alpha Towne grid, Central grid and Avatar Hangout. All these grids are associated with Frank Corsi who, she reminds us, was involved in the SL Banking scandal then tells us he is currently the head of the CyberCoinBank. She then goes on to mention LaLa Legend (also Lala Xevious) who apparently bought Legend City Online from Frank Corsi. Legend City she adds was the source of much scandal.

Next on Ayla's hit list comes Melanie Thielker (an Opensim core developer) whom Ayla connects with the Legend City scandal with no more than the fact Melanie was CEO of Xumeo which was a grid that was accessible by teleport (I presume that meant hypergrid) to Legend City. She then mentions Melanie is the Director of "Careminster Limited"; quote, "and that company seems to be the service provider for Avination and also connected to the Meta7 grid."

You have to read it for yourself but I got the clear impression Ayla was building a brick from straws with the clear intention of damaging Avination. I was convinced when I read to the end and Ayla gave InWoldz her seal of approval stating they were "transparent and open" and she urges, "everyone to google and research these other grids that are throwing out the rumours and that are trying desperately to get you to join their grid." What rumours did Ayla refer to? She dosen't say.

Now, I can't say Alya is totally wrong but given her final comments on InWorldz, whom I might add, has a well oiled publicity machine (and we all know publicity machines often have dirty tricks departments) I was left thinking there is actually something intresting to look into here. I remember Elania of InWorldz ranting that Opensim core was a mess and her developers were having to sort it out (remember Melanie is a core developer?) and, moreover, InWolrdz no long takes Opensim core. They produce their own forked version and will not contribute anything back. Indeed, the owners of InWorldz are not new to controversy and scandal themselves and I recall reading about them being originally involved in OpenLife grid and leaving amid accusations of Nazi tactics, etc, etc before they went on to form InWorldz. Given what I know (I have my own file of back articles to call on) it made me wonder why all this stuff about Avination was being dug up and, given the posts on this thread above which appear to be InWorldz supporters, labelling Avination as bad for your online health it all seems a big fishy to say the least. I decided I had to register an avatar and see for myself.

Avination has a glossy web site, easy to navigate and informative. I registered a name. Gaga Gridlock (couldn't get gaga gracious *sighs*), added the login URL to my Hippo viewer and arrived. No one was there to meet me but the grid did have 65 people on it. So I looked around and it proved average. It was ok, a bit laggy but at least I didn't need freebees to dress up. The avatar I got to chose was acceptable looking for my visit (see pic).

I found some good brand names from SL there so that was a good sign and it was clear enough, the owners of the grid wanted to give maximum protection to them. I still didn't meet the rude person everyone rants about above but maybe another time. I set off to explore and as you see from the pic the builds aren't half bad. Seems lots of people are beavering away constructing and as the sims are relatively cheap at $40 and free setup that was not surprising.

I have no connection with Avination and simply responded to this thread. I had to look and I do read what people say and see through propaganda. I can't say I was greatly impressed with Avination, it was okay as far as current Opensim grids go. I was not as impressed as some others I have been to even. It was basically like OSgrid with the addition of CCS combat meters available *chuckles* for which they apparently have exclusive rights.

I will be looking deeper into this story for my blog in the next few days.

Metaverse Traveller



Last edited by Gaga Gracious; 01-17-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Gaga Gracious is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #32 (permalink)
Lustful Cockmonster

*SLU Supporter*
 
Joshua Nightshade's Avatar
Unedited
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 51,807
My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2004
Blog Entries: 1
Just a correction, it is one of the OpenSim core developers who runs Avination (Melanie.) That's not really news, or hidden.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeny Leviathan View Post
Those Super Gays are as tough as a T-800 terminator and they are gay.
Joshua Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-17-2011, 04:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member

*SLU Supporter*
 
Aliselia Aeon's Avatar
sick of all the bullshit
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 13,028
SL Join Date: October 27, 2007
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaga Gracious View Post
Well, I wondered what the fuss was about so had to visit Avination just to satisfy myself. But I did read the blog post by Ayla Holt first and that got my curiosity up even more.

Ayla's blog post, in my view, reads like investigative research and she neatly weaves together a tale of deception and fraudulent practice. Avination gets firmly tarred with the "guilt by association" brush and I was already beginning to suspect this was an assignation article before I got to the end and read the punch line which I will come to in a moment.

Ayla writes about Alpha Towne grid, Central grid and Avatar Hangout. All these grids are associated with Frank Corsi who, she reminds us, was involved in the SL Banking scandal then tells us he is currently the head of the CyberCoinBank. She then goes on to mention LaLa Legend (also Lala Xevious) who apparently bought Legend City Online from Frank Corsi. Legend City she adds was the source of much scandal.

Next on Ayla's hit list comes Melanie Thielker (an Opensim core developer) whom Ayla connects with the Legend City scandal with no more than the fact Melanie was CEO of Xumeo which was a grid that was accessible by teleport (I presume that meant hypergrid) to Legend City. She then mentions Melanie is the Director of "Careminster Limited"; quote, "and that company seems to be the service provider for Avination and also connected to the Meta7 grid."

You have to read it for yourself but I got the clear impression Ayla was building a brick from straws with the clear intention of damaging Avination. I was convinced when I read to the end and Ayla gave InWoldz her seal of approval stating they were "transparent and open" and she urges, "everyone to google and research these other grids that are throwing out the rumours and that are trying desperately to get you to join their grid." What rumours did Ayla refer to? She dosen't say.

Now, I can't say Alya is totally wrong but given her final comments on InWorldz, whom I might add, has a well oiled publicity machine (and we all know publicity machines often have dirty tricks departments) I was left thinking there is actually something intresting to look into here. I remember Elania of InWorldz ranting that Opensim core was a mess and her developers were having to sort it out (remember Melanie is a core developer?) and, moreover, InWolrdz no long takes Opensim core. They produce their own forked version and will not contribute anything back. Indeed, the owners of InWorldz are not new to controversy and scandal themselves and I recall reading about them being originally involved in OpenLife grid and leaving amid accusations of Nazi tactics, etc, etc before they went on to form InWorldz. Given what I know (I have my own file of back articles to call on) it made me wonder why all this stuff about Avination was being dug up and, given the posts on this thread above which appear to be InWorldz supporters, labelling Avination as bad for your online health it all seems a big fishy to say the least. I decided I had to register an avatar and see for myself.

Avination has a glossy web site, easy to navigate and informative. I registered a name. Gaga Gridlock (couldn't get gaga gracious *sighs*), added the login URL to my Hippo viewer and arrived. No one was there to meet me but the grid did have 65 people on it. So I looked around and it proved average. It was ok, a bit laggy but at least I didn't need freebees to dress up. The got to chose an acceptable looking for my visit (see pic).

I found some good brand names from SL there so that was a good sign and it was clear enough, the owners of the grid wanted to give maximum protection to them. I still didn't meet the rude person everyone rants about above but maybe another time. I set off to explore and as you see from the pic the builds aren't half bad. Seems lots of people are beavering away constructing and as the sims are relatively at $40 and free setup that was not surprising.

I have no connection with Avination and simply responded to this thread. I had to look and I do read what people say and see through propaganda. I can't say I was greatly impressed with Avination, it was okay as far as current Opensim grids go. I was not as impressed as some others I have been to even. It was basically like OSgrid with the addition of CCS combat meters available *chuckles* for which they apparently have exclusive rights.

I will be looking deeper into this story for my blog in the next few days.

Metaverse Traveller


I'm kind of wondering why Avination is cropping up so much the last couple of days too. I have to say that the starting avi looks good.
__________________
"Push 100cc of Social Skills, stat!" ~Casey Pelous
Aliselia Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #34 (permalink)
smiles all the time
 
Han Held's Avatar
grinning
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,831
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 04/06/2008
Business: All Things Aley!
Client: Singularity 1.8.3
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaga Gracious View Post
Well, I wondered what the fuss was about so had to visit Avination just to satisfy myself. But I did read the blog post by Ayla Holt first and that got my curiosity up even more.

Ayla's blog post, in my view, reads like investigative research and she neatly weaves together a tale of deception and fraudulent practice. Avination gets firmly tarred with the "guilt by association" brush and I was already beginning to suspect this was an assignation article before I got to the end and read the punch line which I will come to in a moment.

Ayla writes about Alpha Towne grid, Central grid and Avatar Hangout. All these grids are associated with Frank Corsi who, she reminds us, was involved in the SL Banking scandal then tells us he is currently the head of the CyberCoinBank. She then goes on to mention LaLa Legend (also Lala Xevious) who apparently bought Legend City Online from Frank Corsi. Legend City she adds was the source of much scandal.

Next on Ayla's hit list comes Melanie Thielker (an Opensim core developer) whom Ayla connects with the Legend City scandal with no more than the fact Melanie was CEO of Xumeo which was a grid that was accessible by teleport (I presume that meant hypergrid) to Legend City. She then mentions Melanie is the Director of "Careminster Limited"; quote, "and that company seems to be the service provider for Avination and also connected to the Meta7 grid."

You have to read it for yourself but I got the clear impression Ayla was building a brick from straws with the clear intention of damaging Avination. I was convinced when I read to the end and Ayla gave InWoldz her seal of approval stating they were "transparent and open" and she urges, "everyone to google and research these other grids that are throwing out the rumours and that are trying desperately to get you to join their grid." What rumours did Ayla refer to? She dosen't say.

Now, I can't say Alya is totally wrong but given her final comments on InWorldz, whom I might add, has a well oiled publicity machine (and we all know publicity machines often have dirty tricks departments) I was left thinking there is actually something intresting to look into here. I remember Elania of InWorldz ranting that Opensim core was a mess and her developers were having to sort it out (remember Melanie is a core developer?) and, moreover, InWolrdz no long takes Opensim core. They produce their own forked version and will not contribute anything back. Indeed, the owners of InWorldz are not new to controversy and scandal themselves and I recall reading about them being originally involved in OpenLife grid and leaving amid accusations of Nazi tactics, etc, etc before they went on to form InWorldz.
Thank you for your post, you better articulated a lot of the things I was trying to say myself, as well as bringing some interesting facts to light. In particular I wasn't aware that the InWorldz team was involved with OpenLife.

I'm getting the impression that we're seeing a pissing match between avination and inworldz, with SLU and the flog as their battleground.
Han Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #35 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9
You are welcomed to do your own research, as I have already stated Unless of course, you want to remain in the dark.

Last edited by bcsiszer; 01-17-2011 at 05:55 PM.
bcsiszer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #36 (permalink)
Senior Member

*SLU Supporter*
 
Aliselia Aeon's Avatar
sick of all the bullshit
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 13,028
SL Join Date: October 27, 2007
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsiszer View Post
You are welcomed to do your own research, as I have already stated Unless of course, you want to remain in the dark.
Huh? I guess I am in the dark because I don't get why you said that. What does that have to do with what I posted about Meta7?
Aliselia Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #37 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Ayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 19
I did not have an account with SLUniverse but I made one to reply to this thread. I don't have a hidden agenda. I quit playing in sl sometime in July 2010 but I still have avatars there with my inventory. I quit InWorldz a few weeks ago to spend more time in real life. I have one avatar in InWorldz and I have a full perm (my original creations) freebie store there (jacey tearfall freebies). I am not hiding anything and since I have no businesses I am not in compitition with anyone. In the last couple of days I got a message from a friend who was asking about Avination so I did some research. When I found my information I posted it on my blog. The reason my blog only has a few entries is because I closed it down when I made the decission to spend the bulk of my time in real life.
Because I kinda miss virtual worlds I decided to keep researching and see which worlds I could trust. The things I am stumbling across have me worried and I guess I am enjoying investigating.
I have my email on my blog and my twitter. I don't follow anyone on twitter and i don't allow comments to my blog for the simple reason that I gave up drama when I went back to real life.
But feel free to send me an email (instead of talking about me on a forum) and I will answer any questions you have about anything. Or I will answer them here if you point me back here. (I really am trying to stay away from the drama in forums).
Linda (aka Ayla Holt)
Ayla is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 01-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gaga Gracious's Avatar
Looking beyond
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 363
My Mood:
SL Join Date: ages ago
Client: Singularity, Kokua, Astra, Teapot
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
I did not have an account with SLUniverse but I made one to reply to this thread. I don't have a hidden agenda. I quit playing in sl sometime in July 2010 but I still have avatars there with my inventory. I quit InWorldz a few weeks ago to spend more time in real life. I have one avatar in InWorldz and I have a full perm (my original creations) freebie store there (jacey tearfall freebies). I am not hiding anything and since I have no businesses I am not in compitition with anyone. In the last couple of days I got a message from a friend who was asking about Avination so I did some research. When I found my information I posted it on my blog. The reason my blog only has a few entries is because I closed it down when I made the decission to spend the bulk of my time in real life.
Because I kinda miss virtual worlds I decided to keep researching and see which worlds I could trust. The things I am stumbling across have me worried and I guess I am enjoying investigating.
I have my email on my blog and my twitter. I don't follow anyone on twitter and i don't allow comments to my blog for the simple reason that I gave up drama when I went back to real life.
But feel free to send me an email (instead of talking about me on a forum) and I will answer any questions you have about anything. Or I will answer them here if you point me back here. (I really am trying to stay away from the drama in forums).
Linda (aka Ayla Holt)
Well Ayla. Your blog got mentioned in a post as something to read about the issue in hand and one presumes you were not hidding what you wanted to say so it's natural for people to responed to it here. Remeber, a grid, Avination is being targeted so you must expect this response. But thanks for posting. I am glad to see the InWorldz telegrph is working just fine.
Gaga Gracious is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #39 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*
 
Misty Harley's Avatar
always in need of coffee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: US
Posts: 4,735
SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaga Gracious View Post

All sorts of deleted stuff

Now, I can't say Alya is totally wrong but given her final comments on InWorldz, whom I might add, has a well oiled publicity machine (and we all know publicity machines often have dirty tricks departments) I was left thinking there is actually something intresting to look into here. I remember Elania of InWorldz ranting that Opensim core was a mess and her developers were having to sort it out (remember Melanie is a core developer?) and, moreover, InWolrdz no long takes Opensim core. They produce their own forked version and will not contribute anything back. Indeed, the owners of InWorldz are not new to controversy and scandal themselves and I recall reading about them being originally involved in OpenLife grid and leaving amid accusations of Nazi tactics, etc, etc before they went on to form InWorldz. Given what I know (I have my own file of back articles to call on) it made me wonder why all this stuff about Avination was being dug up and, given the posts on this thread above which appear to be InWorldz supporters, labelling Avination as bad for your online health it all seems a big fishy to say the least. I decided I had to register an avatar and see for myself.

All sorts of other stuff

Could you provide links to your claims please? I know I would not be the only one interested in reading the information as bolded above.

You agreed with my post about truth versus lies or rumors, so I'm going to have to guess that you have links and information backing up your claims?

Unless of course offering the information may scoop your own blog post. But then again, according to Hans...that may be a *gasps* hidden agenda!

Which by the way, I have none (hidden agenda that is) ninja edit to fix that or it would drive me nuts.

Yeah, right up front, I am active in IW and love it there but if you have the low and dirty on them...then you would doing us all a huge disservice by keeping a lid on it at this point. Truth is truth is truth and I think even those who love the grid are very interested in hearing it with links, etc to back up the claims.

Please....do share.
Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 01-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #40 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*
 
Misty Harley's Avatar
always in need of coffee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: US
Posts: 4,735
SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Nightshade View Post
Just a correction, it is one of the OpenSim core developers who runs Avination (Melanie.) That's not really news, or hidden.
Do you know how deep her involvement was with Legend City? I tried to find something...other then she had a sim connection but sadly, I could not find anything.
Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member

*SLU Supporter*
 
Aliselia Aeon's Avatar
sick of all the bullshit
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 13,028
SL Join Date: October 27, 2007
Blog Entries: 3
Gotta just love conspiracy theories. *chuckles and shakes head*
Aliselia Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #42 (permalink)
is a pussy.
 
Hypatia Callisto's Avatar
Laughs and sneers in LOLCat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,120
My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 8, 2006
oh noes, another opensim/second life clone grid and drama... you don't say?

color me unimpressed.
__________________
"To begin with," said the Cat, "a dog's not mad. You grant that?"

"I suppose so," said Alice.

"Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see, a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

"I call it purring, not growling," said Alice.

"Call it what you like," said the Cat.
Hypatia Callisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #43 (permalink)
Lustful Cockmonster

*SLU Supporter*
 
Joshua Nightshade's Avatar
Unedited
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 51,807
My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2004
Blog Entries: 1
Legend City? I think the grid she owned (Xumeo) was some joint-venture partnership thingy with them, she was some sort of employee/co-owner/something something. I think she also did server hosting and maintenance for Legend City, but I don't quite remember.

As for Frank Corsi, it's unfortunate that quite a lot of the old Central Grid threads are gone, but let's just say whatever bad stuff you've heard about him is likely true and also likely only the tip of the iceberg for how slimy an individual he actually is.
Joshua Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #44 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*
 
Misty Harley's Avatar
always in need of coffee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: US
Posts: 4,735
SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypatia Callisto View Post
oh noes, another opensim/second life clone grid and drama... you don't say?

color me unimpressed.
Don't you dare take away my fun Hypatia, I get so little of it these days!
Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
1 User Hugged You:
Old 01-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gaga Gracious's Avatar
Looking beyond
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 363
My Mood:
SL Join Date: ages ago
Client: Singularity, Kokua, Astra, Teapot
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Harley View Post
Could you provide links to your claims please? I know I would not be the only one interested in reading the information as bolded above.


Yeah, right up front, I am active in IW and love it there but if you have the low and dirty on them...then you would doing us all a huge disservice by keeping a lid on it at this point. Truth is truth is truth and I think even those who love the grid are very interested in hearing it with links, etc to back up the claims.

Please....do share.
I wouldn't say I have the low and dirty on InWorldz but Elaina herself flipped her lid at my article on Chapter & Metaverse last Febuary which brought some interesting stuff to light about InWorldz founders but I didn't say too much as I just wanted to make the point that Ayla was building bricks from straw. I could easily do the same with InWorldz you see.

Anyway. here is the article link and please pay special attention to the comments which is where the interesting stuff is about InWorldz...

Chapter & Metaverse: Free Metaverse vs Patented Monopoly

________________________________

Metaverse Traveller
Gaga Gracious is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 01-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #46 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Ayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaga Gracious View Post
Well Ayla. Your blog got mentioned in a post as something to read about the issue in hand and one presumes you were not hidding what you wanted to say so it's natural for people to responed to it here. Remeber, a grid, Avination is being targeted so you must expect this response. But thanks for posting. I am glad to see the InWorldz telegrph is working just fine.
It wasn't the InWorldz telegraph. I looked at the stats of my blog and it showed that some of the traffic was coming from here. So I came to check it out. I am not saying that I don't have friends that are still in InWorldz. But the fact is that I don't log in there right now.
Ayla is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #47 (permalink)
Lustful Cockmonster

*SLU Supporter*
 
Joshua Nightshade's Avatar
Unedited
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 51,807
My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2004
Blog Entries: 1
To be fair, anytime you link a blog in a thread, the thread automatically sends a ping to that blog. Wordpress in particular posts it as a comment, I think the Blogger software does also.

On my site it's set up to email me when someone leaves a comment, so it's not unexpected for her to show up quickly after the link was posted.
Joshua Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 01-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #48 (permalink)
is a pussy.
 
Hypatia Callisto's Avatar
Laughs and sneers in LOLCat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,120
My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 8, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Resident View Post
sorry for the long post especially as it is my first, but i just don't want to see anybody else suckered in & waster their time, money and talents...
As a content creator, I avoid this simply by avoiding all opensim grids, aside the one I installed myself on my own computer as a workspace for SL projects. My private paradise is just a sandbox for making SL stuff in peace, and maintaining local backup.
Hypatia Callisto is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
Old 01-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #50 (permalink)
Senior Member

*SLU Supporter*
 
Aliselia Aeon's Avatar
sick of all the bullshit
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 13,028
SL Join Date: October 27, 2007
Blog Entries: 3
Nope. Not offended. Just confused. lol
Aliselia Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/other-grids-virtual-worlds/52921-avination-anyone-there-yet.html
Posted By For Type Date
An OpenSimulator Hypergrid User Forum Community • View topic - Hypergrid 2.0 This thread Refback 03-09-2011 06:48 AM
avination - Virgilio Ricerca Web This thread Refback 03-07-2011 12:22 PM
Ariane's Life in the Metaverse This thread Refback 03-05-2011 06:48 PM
metaverse musings ??2011/01/11 ? This thread Refback 02-25-2011 09:43 PM
Avination is the Fastest Growing Grid… WHY? Ariane's Life in the Metaverse This thread Pingback 02-20-2011 01:42 AM
InWorldz • View topic - Information about the attack yesterday? This thread Refback 02-07-2011 03:13 PM
My Thoughts on Things: Facts and Opinions This thread Refback 01-17-2011 09:46 PM