Does eye makeup sometimes cause eyelid twitching? - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Off Topic General » Does eye makeup sometimes cause eyelid twitching?

Off Topic General Discussion forum for topics not directly related to SL/virtual world topics that do not fit into their own forum.

Sponsor:
Lionheart Virtual Estate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 04:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Meow.

Send a message via AIM to Fmeh Send a message via MSN to Fmeh Send a message via Yahoo to Fmeh Send a message via Skype™ to Fmeh
Does eye makeup sometimes cause eyelid twitching?

Does eye makeup sometimes cause eyelid twitching?

I'm going to be seeing my doctor soon and giving an update to her as to how things are going. My concern is possible Tardive Dyskinesia (a condition that causes the face to uncontrollably twitch that is a side effect that is sometimes caused by atypical antipsychotic medications such as Seroquel, Risperdol, and a few others, which is generally a permanent condition--but it at least won't get worse once one stops taking the medication in question--IF it actually is Tardive Dyskinesia) because I have been experiencing a lot of eyelid twitching (blepharospasm) over these past couple weeks, but I primarily noticed this after I started using eyeliner--I don't know whether it is a coincidence or not, but it seems to happen shortly after I apply eyeliner and also when I use makeup-removing cloths, but it also happens during the middle of the day.

I'm not asking for people to give medical advice, I'm just wondering whether people have experienced eyelid twitching from the use of makeup.

Thanks.

Fmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ace
Crackpot Vigilante
Said it ate us

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 07/13/2005
Business: Ace's Spaces
Only when I jabbed myself in the eye with the eyeliner pen.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 10-22-2009, 05:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Just A Girl

Waiting on the moon

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 11/07
you could be allergic to a product inside the makeup.
I have very sensitive skin and can really only wear a lip balm without a reaction.
No eye, cheek, foundation makeup at all.
1 User Agreed:
Old 10-22-2009, 05:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Meow.

Send a message via AIM to Fmeh Send a message via MSN to Fmeh Send a message via Yahoo to Fmeh Send a message via Skype™ to Fmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khloe View Post
you could be allergic to a product inside the makeup.
I have very sensitive skin and can really only wear a lip balm without a reaction.
No eye, cheek, foundation makeup at all.
Good point. I *have* been sensitive to a lot of products.

A really cheap generic $2 one I couldn't wear at all, it made my skin turn red, puffy and itchy wherever it was applied. The one I've been using is a Loreal product. I'll have to try Neutrogena eyeliner and see if I still have the issue--but I should first try without any for a couple days and see if it goes away.
Fmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Just A Girl

Waiting on the moon

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 11/07
yes....I have never been able to wear make-up or even earings without a severe skin reaction. The other option is that, like some eyeliner, there get's a build up and can cause an eye infection of sorts that is causing the twitch.
Kinda how they say to throw away mascara and eye liner every three months or you could get pink eye and stuff.
I am so not an expert on make-up though, more an expert on no make-up.
Khloe is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-22-2009, 07:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Account Closed
Screwing your scripts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmeh View Post
Good point. I *have* been sensitive to a lot of products.

A really cheap generic $2 one I couldn't wear at all, it made my skin turn red, puffy and itchy wherever it was applied. The one I've been using is a Loreal product. I'll have to try Neutrogena eyeliner and see if I still have the issue--but I should first try without any for a couple days and see if it goes away.
Each product is different and be careful of the hypoallergenic ones. I've found that the Almay brand, though hypoallergenic, bothers my eyes to the point that they itch and tear up.
Camille Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Novice Harpist

*SLU Supporter*

Thumbs Up Sweetie

My Mood:
SL Join Date: November, 2003
As many things as you've published about easily causing you severe allergic reactions, there's no way in hell I'd be putting any kind of makeup around my eyes. They're too valuable to risk. Find some unique signature sunglasses.
Khamon is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 10-23-2009, 07:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
a.k.a. Darkley Aeon

I'm every woman

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 01/10/07
Bear in mind that all makeup has a shelf life. I found out the hard way when I was 14 and put on some mascara that was a year old- and my eyelid swelled shut for a week as a result. If you put on some old makeup, it's likely going to result in Bad Things happening to your skin. Did you recently buy the eyeliner, or did you buy it a long time ago and have it sitting in your bathroom for months on end?
I stood up during one of our meetings and told the crowd that Soul Plane sucks. Three other people in the room agreed with me, and the four of us had our Negro Membership Cards confiscated. Years after the fact, Tyler Perry still calls me at 3am with death threats.- Teeny Leviathan
Xiomara Mendes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

It never has for me and I've worn lots of different brands for years.
Ceiri is offline   Reply With Quote