Nobody Cares! - Page 519 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Off Topic General » Nobody Cares!

Off Topic General Discussion forum for topics not directly related to SL/virtual world topics that do not fit into their own forum.

Sponsor:
Lionheart Virtual Estate
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 04:24 AM   #12951 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*
That's all folks.

My Mood:
%@#a #$#%^$%^$^%^&*.
My kitchen full of boxes from the new one, and the installation will not been done before some extra unexpected preparations have taken place.
*sigh* Modern "craftsmen"....
Another week with only a microwave at hand and the nearest water tap in the bathroom. Living between boxes. Plus a lot of extra arrangements to make and extra costs.
Life can be fun.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #12952 (permalink)
That Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

Innocent as far as you know

My Mood:
SL Join Date: late 04 original account, mid 05 current
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Rubio View Post
I was entitled to 30! So much for being selfless. +8 for me holding my tongue on this issue
-10 more for being argumentative and self righteous!

(ya know I'm kidding right? I think that's seriously cool that you thought about it and put effort towards self improvement... worth a helluva lot more than 2pts in my book, if that means anything)
It's not enough to care about liberty if the only liberty you care about is your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Firelyte View Post
Why doesn't anyone ever ask, "What is the real meaning of the winter solstice?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eboni Khan View Post
Thanks for being passive agressive.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #12953 (permalink)

What is my purpose?

My Mood:
So there's something that's been bouncing around the back of my mind for a while now. It's pretty pie-in-the-sky, so usually it's more of a 'I wonder if I...' thing rather than actual plans.

But my crapheap of a car has started falling apart again, and I've already spent 20% of the the money I've managed to save over the last year ($400 in repairs out of a total savings of ~$2k) in repairs and now I'm told that there's likely lasting damage which will sooner or later destroy the head gasket, and I should sell it before that happens and buy a new vehicle.

So basically I worked for crap wages for the entirety of the last year, saved every penny I could and am about to have to spend it all just to tread water and stay where I am (only without any sort of safety net).

So now I find myself seriously considering selling the vehicle, liquidating most of my other (very limited) assets, paying cab fare to the airport, buying a ticket to somewhere in europe and just trying my luck.

It's crazy, it's insane, but nothing I've tried HERE has worked out, and I'm almost ready to risk everything against the prospect of spending the rest of my life scrimping and worrying myself into the grave.
The Republican Party needs to end now. You've fucked everything up. All your representatives are assholes and your primitive ideas are holding our country back. You are all utterly and completely worthless and irredeemable, and you hate human beings, America, and the planet we all share.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #12954 (permalink)
Ishtar was a great film.

Serenity Now!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2/15/1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
-10 more for being argumentative and self righteous!

(ya know I'm kidding right? I think that's seriously cool that you thought about it and put effort towards self improvement... worth a helluva lot more than 2pts in my book, if that means anything)
This is like one of my test questions.

so I'm up 14?
Old 05-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #12955 (permalink)
Fickle Pickle

Slouching, with legs akimbo

My Mood:

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyla Warden View Post
So there's something that's been bouncing around the back of my mind for a while now. It's pretty pie-in-the-sky, so usually it's more of a 'I wonder if I...' thing rather than actual plans.

But my crapheap of a car has started falling apart again, and I've already spent 20% of the the money I've managed to save over the last year ($400 in repairs out of a total savings of ~$2k) in repairs and now I'm told that there's likely lasting damage which will sooner or later destroy the head gasket, and I should sell it before that happens and buy a new vehicle.

So basically I worked for crap wages for the entirety of the last year, saved every penny I could and am about to have to spend it all just to tread water and stay where I am (only without any sort of safety net).

So now I find myself seriously considering selling the vehicle, liquidating most of my other (very limited) assets, paying cab fare to the airport, buying a ticket to somewhere in europe and just trying my luck.

It's crazy, it's insane, but nothing I've tried HERE has worked out, and I'm almost ready to risk everything against the prospect of spending the rest of my life scrimping and worrying myself into the grave.
Can you move closer to a area where there is public transportation? That would probably be cheaper than moving to another country. Cars are a drain, and a luxury unless you have the means.
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #12956 (permalink)

What is my purpose?

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabeau Imako View Post
Can you move closer to a area where there is public transportation?
That was the plan, Europe.

(Seriously, nowhere I've been in the States has anything approaching decent public transportation)
Old 05-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #12957 (permalink)
nom nom nom

shrink meh

My Mood:
Quote:

(Seriously, nowhere I've been in the States has anything approaching decent public transportation)
I lived in Chicago for 4 years commuting on public transportation before buying a car for a suburb commute. Not saying it doesn't have problems, but it gets you there.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #12958 (permalink)
Fickle Pickle

Slouching, with legs akimbo

My Mood:

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Quote:

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/cities/top-10-us-cities-for-public-transportation/126

http://www.walkscore.com/rankings/

(Also Gah...I made a spelling mistake and was quoted.)
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 05-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #12959 (permalink)

What is my purpose?

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu Sura View Post
I lived in Chicago for 4 years commuting on public transportation before buying a car for a suburb commute. Not saying it doesn't have problems, but it gets you there.
Yeah, I'm sure there are closer options. Part of my frustration is with the country itself, though. If I actually had training/a job opportunity/enough money to immigrate 'normally' I'd do it in a heartbeat, if only for some variety of UHC that would mean I wouldn't have to worry every time one of my numerous bad teeth starts hurting whether this is the infection that's going to eventually kill me.

Eh, I'm starting to drama-post. I need to go get some air...
Old 05-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #12960 (permalink)
That Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Quote:

the larger cities are good IF you are in city.... otherwise, forget it, except in older subdivisions.... SLC is probably an exception there, possibly one of the few things mormons are good at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabeau Imako View Post
I'm actually surprised that neither Tucsan, Az, nor Jacksonville, Fl made the list... both were pretty good when I lived in either one. Denver doesn't deserve it's ranking IMO... yeah it's got the most mileage covered, but it only covers about half of what it should due to over-duplication. Hawaii's is fairly new, and didn't exist way back when I lived there (but you can drive all the way around Oahu in a day, so.... yeah)
Old 05-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #12961 (permalink)
Makes breakfast spooky!

Spooky talk from toaster, spooky eat-me toast. Yum yum yum human hand.

SL Join Date: October 24, 2006
Client: Frestorm

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
the larger cities are good IF you are in city.... otherwise, forget it, except in older subdivisions.... SLC is probably an exception there, possibly one of the few things mormons are good at.

I'm actually surprised that neither Tucsan, Az,
Depends on where you are in Tucson -- it's really spread out.

SL easily allows you to accidentally your entire pants. -- Adeon Writer

Let me avow you one object that you meliorate pound into your skull pearl: Metric Release PILLS ARE Bastard! -- Some Spammer

Beezle is made of brawn, rubies, and Villainy. With a dash of MONSTER TRUCKS.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #12962 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Kaw-EE-mee

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Rubio View Post
I have an alarm clock* set for 2am to go hunt for newly posted jobs. It's a lot like going fishing, I wake up early, then nap a bit then fish some more. Then I eat and spend the day on online classes and reading this credential bible, in preparation for a test.

* my alarm clock weighs 20 pounds and pounces on my face on an approximate timescale in which he feels I should be up. Somewhere several hours before dawn.. If you can afford it I highly recommend that you don't use a young cat as an alarm clock.

He disagrees.
This is why cat meal times at my house are no when near human waking times.
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #12963 (permalink)
nom nom nom

shrink meh

My Mood:
Argh. I somehow managed to get embroiled in a FB discussion arguing with someone who believes sexual acts between two people of the same gender is a sin - like bestiality, pedophilia...

The only spark of hope I have is that he is prepared to talk it out. How can an expression of love between two people be a sin? *smack upside the head* THINK!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #12964 (permalink)
♂♂

*Poof!*

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 25th May 2007

Quote:

Unless you have the automatic right to work, i hate to say but Europe isn't too good on the job front either right now. I really wouldn't make a drastic move until you're aware of how you'd be able to manage. Despite all your current situation, and as others have suggested, i would say a move to a more transport friendly location would be a safer option.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #12965 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Kaw-EE-mee

My Mood:
Quote:

Bless your heart. I'm rooting for you to have some amazing good luck very soon.

I realize that I am more comfortable and fortunate than almost everyone else on the planet. But somehow that doesn't comfort me when I think of all the ways I could, in just a few steps, go from being a homeowner with enough food to sleeping in doorways and eating out of dumpsters.
3 Users Hugged You:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 05-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #12966 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Kaw-EE-mee

My Mood:
Quote:
Argh. I somehow managed to get embroiled in a FB discussion arguing with someone who believes sexual acts between two people of the same gender is a sin - like bestiality, pedophilia...

The only spark of hope I have is that he is prepared to talk it out. How can an expression of love between two people be a sin? *smack upside the head* THINK!
He's willing to talk it out because he thinks he can save your soul. Oh. Sorry to sound so negative. I do think there is a chance that your debating skills might open his mind at least a tiny bit.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #12967 (permalink)
*blink*

*SLU Supporter*

Vatican mole

My Mood:

Seyla, if there's anyone you can crash with in an area with good public transportation I would go that route. You could also consider renting out a room or going halves on an apartment in a transit-friendly neighborhood. That's what I had to do (rent a room) when I was younger, and I was without a car for two years until things got more settled with the work situation.

I'm sorry you're going through this - its rough, I know. I would also check out any possible free programs for your teeth. Oftentimes there will be a day once a year where dentists will get together and offer free care, you could look into that.

I don't think Europe is ready for American refugees quite yet...if you have to pack up and move, look for someplace you know someone you can crash with in a city with low unemployment. I know Minneapolis has a low unemployment rate (1.5 job seekers for 1.0 jobs) and there is good bus service in the core cities.
1 User Hugged You:
Old 05-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #12968 (permalink)
nom nom nom

shrink meh

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimi Kyomoon View Post
He's willing to talk it out because he thinks he can save your soul. Oh. Sorry to sound so negative. I do think there is a chance that your debating skills might open his mind at least a tiny bit.
What debating skills?

You may be right though. I *think* I see some cracks in him but that may just be wishful thinking. I can only hope that he can still grow and learn to question his own beliefs. I've been there - I remember clearly when I first learned there were more than Catholics as Christians in this world... back when I was 14...
3 Users Hugged You:
Old 05-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #12969 (permalink)
That Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Quote:
Argh. I somehow managed to get embroiled in a FB discussion [...]
I think I see your first mistake... you have my condolences in advance =X
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 05-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #12970 (permalink)

Smash-Mode

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 04/20/2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrinB View Post
Despite all your current situation, and as others have suggested, i would say a move to a more transport friendly location would be a safer option.
I would say move where opportunity is regardless of public transport.

Just getting by sucks regardless of where you live, public transport or not.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #12971 (permalink)
Persistent Participant

Kaw-EE-mee

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jura Shepherd View Post

Just getting by sucks regardless of where you live, public transport or not.
I think you can get by with more money to spare, though, if you eliminate the cost of car ownership.
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #12972 (permalink)

What is my purpose?

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jura Shepherd View Post
Fortunately for me I can operate a register or toss pizza dough anywhere!

It's not as if I actually have any skills to apply to a 'real' job. Man I wish I could beat the crap out of 18-year-old blew-off-college me.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:06 AM   #12973 (permalink)
Lustful Cockmonster

*SLU Supporter*

Unedited

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2004
Look what I found in the park while I was roller blading!

Evidently they aren't poisonous, but it was big as fuck. Easily four or so inches across.

Flickr: Joshua Meadows' stuff tagged with standrewscross
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 05-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #12974 (permalink)
Haggis Wrangler

*SLU Supporter*

Wibble!

Business: .::Poise::. Poses

This is why I told my flatmate to gtfo when he suggested a move to Sydney!
1 User Laughed:
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #12975 (permalink)
Lustful Cockmonster

*SLU Supporter*

Unedited

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2004
Give it a little kissy kiss.
Closed Thread