Giving yourself a Christmas gift? - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Off Topic General » Giving yourself a Christmas gift?

Off Topic General Discussion forum for topics not directly related to SL/virtual world topics that do not fit into their own forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2017, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
SLU Fluffer

Cock Chafer

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
Client: Catznip or the Official but I dabble in others

Awards: 1
The Penis Handler 
Giving yourself a Christmas gift?

Do you get yourself a Christmas gift?

I always did when my son was little so that he would think we both got gifts from Santa. Usually a household item or personal care item I needed anyway. I’ve sort of kept up the tradition even though of course he no longer believes in Santa. He started getting himself a gift last year too and it’s become sort of our dorky thing to do. We even wrap them and keep them under the tree until Christmas morning, with gift tags that say “ from Santa”. The surprise is seeing what the person bought themselves.

This year I’m getting myself a stupidly expensive and frivolous gourmet candy apple made at a local chocolate shop.

"Words mean things" ~ Bronxelf
"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it only reached the end of the bar." ~ Edward R. Murrow
Pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
I did! I got myself a new computer desk
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 12-11-2017, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006
Client: Firestorm

The 2 Millionth Post Award 
I upgraded my iPhone (from iPhone 4 to iPhone 7 Plus), but was too greedy to put it under the tree and wait until Xmas. I'm already using it.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
captured like a Pokemans.

bitches love to be called beautiful.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: early 2006.

I usually buy myself a couple unpurchased things from my wishlist in the sales, mainly books. This year, I might splash out on books and a couple skincare items.

Or I might buy us the coffee table we need. It depends on how many coins I get in Christmas cards. If I don't buy any of that, it's because I decided to save for a desperately needed new computer.

I can't believe the things that you'll say
To keep me around and close to your side.

-- Film School - Compare.

When a country is full of food, and exporting it, there can be no famine.
-- George Bernard Shaw.
Deca! is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This:
Old 12-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
I'm not Here!

hypnotized

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 1/25/2006
Business: looking for fresh start..
Client: Singularity
Send a message via Skype™ to Kalel
i don't do Christmas anymore if i get anything thats great...i bought my gifts to me on black friday.... a fitbit and Oculus VR headset. now i'm making space in room to do more stuff so i'm finally goona check out the giant ikea store with my friend and oogle stuff for redoing my room.

"The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. -Jung"

Last edited by Kalel; 12-12-2017 at 09:39 AM.
Kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This:
Old 12-12-2017, 09:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

I waited Black Friday every year lol. I spent my savings to buy latest iphoneX
AnnaKBachmann is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This:
Old 12-12-2017, 09:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Elysium Hynes is Typing..

My animal spirit is the lolcat

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/7/2007
Client: V3
Send a message via Skype™ to Elysium Hynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo Brink View Post
I upgraded my iPhone (from iPhone 4 to iPhone 7 Plus), but was too greedy to put it under the tree and wait until Xmas. I'm already using it.
My sister got the exact same thing for herself, so i got her a new harm-holder thinghiee and some bluetooth headphones for when she runs.

As for personal gifts i was gonna get myself a new vacuum cleaner cause mine died but then sis got me one as a xmas/bd present so i´m contemplating gifting myself one of these babies.

Elysium Hynes is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 12-12-2017, 09:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

The two things I want are some Koss PortaPro headphones and a Victorinox kitchen knife.
Wanda Belinda is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 12-12-2017, 09:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Wanted for Makeup Crimes

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Feb 2008
Client: Firestorm, Crystal Ball
I usually get a ball jointed doll for birthday or Christmas but there is no rhyme or reason to when the companies will release the one(s) I want or when it will be finished and shipped (some take over a year from order date to arrive!) so the timing is what it is and we just call it my birthday and/or Christmas gift out of season. I have 2 ordered and paid for this year but it’s looking like it will be deliveries sometime in Q1 of 2018. There is one I will want in 2018 and I did not get one in 2015 or 16, so it varies. I’m always thinking that my collection is getting pretty full but then there always seems to be ‘just one more’ that needs to come home and join the gang! I customize them, sew for them and go to doll meets with other hobbyists so it’s really a great contribution to my ongoing hobby activity when I get a new blank one to personalize so it’s a very satisfying present that is full of creative potential.

A gift that my fiancé and I give ourselves every Christmas is tickets to see The Nutcracker, locally if there is a production or tour stoping here, and then also at the Kansas City Ballet. I never tire of it.
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Likes This:
Old 12-12-2017, 11:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
I'm Catman...

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 4/15/2006
I have a stocking hung up next to my kids' stockings. And yes, my stocking gets stuff from Santa every year.

I actually just jumped on an Amazon deal for the Ooma VoIP phone that I have been considering buying after dropping my regular phone a couple years ago.
I want something in the house for my kids to use if they need to call me when I am out doing short errands.

I suspect that will be getting wrapped with some special "from santa" wrapping paper that I use, and it will be next to my stocking on Christmas morning.
Markubis is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 12-12-2017, 01:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crazy Cat Lady

Flor-i-duh

My Mood:
I use this time of year to order (mostly cooking) stuff from Amazon that I want that I don't want my husband to roll his eyes about. It's perfect because he thinks everything that comes in the door is a present for him.
3 Users Laughed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 12-12-2017, 05:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
*blink*

Vatican mole

My Mood:

After nearly pulling the computer off its stand (again) I'm getting myself wireless headphones, a wireless mouse, a wireless keyboard, working out a space to put all the regular corded electrical stuff where it won't get in the way of the remaining computer cables, extension cables for anything that's still going to be connected to the computer, and replacing corded appliances like lamps with USB thingies that can source their power from the other side of the desk away from the computer.

Christmas will run into July as finances permit.

You can wish-list items and return to SLU to purchase through the affiliate link.
Note: Some people refuse to buy from Amazon due to predatory tactics against publishers as noted here and here by Jacqueline Trudeau.
Soen Eber is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 12-12-2017, 06:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

I finally got it all together, but now I forget where I put it.

My Mood:
I got a new car, does that count?
Zaida Gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 12-12-2017, 06:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*

*whrr* *beep* DEAL WITH IT

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008

Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaida Gearbox View Post
I got a new car, does that count?
Yes. And Happy Kwanzaa.
Free Xue is online now   Reply With Quote