Help! Doxxing myself? - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Off Topic General » Help! Doxxing myself?


Off Topic General Discussion forum for topics not directly related to SL/virtual world topics that do not fit into their own forum.

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
pushes vertices
 
Raindrop Drinkwater's Avatar
Shinyyyyy!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,196
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 666
Business: Timetwist by A2NZ
Client: Official Viewer
Doxxing myself?

(Cris, not sure if this is the right sub-forum. Can you shuffle it around if this being in Off Topic risks breaking SLU? )

Right, I'm facing a conundrum.

I may have mentioned that I've been learning how to draw. It started off as a hobby, and as a way to give something fun to the kids I look after at the nature club I volunteer at.

All well and good, nothing too personal, so I posted some of my stuff online as Raindrop. I've been Raindrop for pretty much all of my internet life, especially when it comes to creative stuff. I even answer to the name in real life.

Initially, I imagined that if I ever got past the hobby stage (and that was very much *not* the plan), I would sell under Raindrop -- through CafePress and stuff like that.

Now, the trouble is... not so much a trouble, but an opportunity that is too good to pass. I might actually be able to sell some of my drawings in a couple of months time. Christmas cards and things like that. The people who would buy are locals. They know me *in real life*. They don't have a clue who Raindrop is.

So, I'm not sure what to do. I'm not ashamed of my internet identity. I am Raindrop, as far as I'm concerned! But the name still gives me a level of anonymity that I'm quite comfortable with, which I would lose if I link my internet ID to my real one.

I could:
- Doxx myself. "Hi, I'm Jane Doe. I'm also Raindrop." Which would mean I'd get to keep people who follow me online, as well as the ones I know IRL. I'm not big either way, so every person who knows me and can spread my art helps. But I'd lose my anonymity.

- Split my art between Raindrop's stuff and Jane Doe's stuff. That could get complicated real quick, and might hurt me in terms of reach / name recognition... but would protect my identity. Gender identity being part of it, too.

- Sort of nuke Raindrop? At least all the art-related stuff. It seems drastic... Also most of what I know comes from the Raindrop-side of me, if that makes sense. Raindrop's my creative account, the one I can experiment with and basically be myself. Or suss stuff out about myself. So... hmm.

- ... I don't know. There might be other options. Create another name?

I haven't posted any of the most recent stuff. I mean, up till now I was really a beginner, but something clicked -- and I've improved enough that I wouldn't be ashamed of selling a few Christmas cards to people who are happy to support local artists. I wouldn't feel that I'm ripping them off, is what I mean.

I know some of you guys have Etsy stores and the likes. What are your thoughts on this?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humps View Post
Your name is Rain, and that's amazing / At your posts I'm always gazing
I see your work and think 'she'll go far' which is why theres no need of an aide memoire
xxxxxx
Raindrop Drinkwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member

*SLU Supporter*
 
Han Held's Avatar
So I shall remain ...a stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,116
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 06/14/2005 then 04/06/2008
Client: Singularity 1.8.6
Blog Entries: 1

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindrop Drinkwater View Post
- Split my art between Raindrop's stuff and Jane Doe's stuff. That could get complicated real quick, and might hurt me in terms of reach / name recognition... but would protect my identity. Gender identity being part of it, too.
That is the route I've pretty much taken.

My RL friends know about Han, and know that I make stuff; but they know that it's my thing. We make jokes about being a brony that makes sick things involving penises. I talk with them about some of the probelms I have and they help keep me grounded.

But there's a very clear line between Han and the RL me.

I don't have any sort of opportunity like you have, though; and I'm not sure how I'd handle that. I have thought about possibly doing a non-profit opensim hosting thing but never came to a clear decision on how I'd handle the two persons (me and Han) if I ever did that (or how I'd handle legal issues, finances and other non-id stuff).
Han Held is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 09-12-2017, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Particle Laboratory Elf
 
Jopsy Pendragon's Avatar
300ft above sea level
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 10,776
My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jan 15 2004
Business: Light Sorcery

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
No solid answers, just some random thoughts:

First, Good on ya! Get that art out there!

I can sympathize with the "real name" vs. "name people know me by" vs. "Branding". I've been through phases where I really got used to the "who-knows-me-as-what" being kind of a clear contextualizer that reminded me if I knew someone primarily through work, friends, family, neighbors, or as customers. It's kind of ironic that my full real/legal name is so common that using it makes me practically anonymous, and the 'handle' that most use to anonymize themselves is one that I rely on as a something that uniquely identifies me.

I, personally, would say stick with doing art under 'Raindrop', the internet is a scary place for handing out real names. If it confuses anyone that matters to you... tell'm writers use pen names, some visual artists do too, no big deal.

However, on the flip side, some company currently doing business as 'Raindrop' might take issue with for-profit efforts using what they consider to be their brand label. It's not the same as you're doing-business-as your legal name, there's protections for that. Anyway, not sure how best to proceed with that in mind. I'm sure others here can be more helpful!
Jopsy Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 09-12-2017, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DanielRavenNest's Avatar
Building Better Worlds since 1979
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In UR Internetz
Posts: 8,130
My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jun 27, 2006
Client: 7 of them (I like testing)
Think of it as a "stage name", like for actors or musicians, or a pseudonym for authors.

The name I use for this account, and most other places online, long predates the popularity of the Internet. It comes from my days as a historical re-enactor, and the character I created for it, Daniel of Raven's Nest (a 13th century mason). I had more friends who knew me by my character name than my real one, to the point the Post Office was delivering mail under that name, and I even got a few credit card offers for it. Naturally, when the time came to set up user names online, I chose that one.

So you can go ahead and sign your work "Raindrop", and tell the people who know you in real life it's your stage name. Heck, it works for Banksy (actually Robin Gunningham).
DanielRavenNest is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 09-12-2017, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
DILLIGAFF
 
WolfEyes's Avatar
Society's Lost Bird
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: See that big valley? Not there.
Posts: 11,300
SL Join Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindrop Drinkwater View Post
(Cris, not sure if this is the right sub-forum. Can you shuffle it around if this being in Off Topic risks breaking SLU? )

Right, I'm facing a conundrum.

I may have mentioned that I've been learning how to draw. It started off as a hobby, and as a way to give something fun to the kids I look after at the nature club I volunteer at.

All well and good, nothing too personal, so I posted some of my stuff online as Raindrop. I've been Raindrop for pretty much all of my internet life, especially when it comes to creative stuff. I even answer to the name in real life.

Initially, I imagined that if I ever got past the hobby stage (and that was very much *not* the plan), I would sell under Raindrop -- through CafePress and stuff like that.

Now, the trouble is... not so much a trouble, but an opportunity that is too good to pass. I might actually be able to sell some of my drawings in a couple of months time. Christmas cards and things like that. The people who would buy are locals. They know me *in real life*. They don't have a clue who Raindrop is.

So, I'm not sure what to do. I'm not ashamed of my internet identity. I am Raindrop, as far as I'm concerned! But the name still gives me a level of anonymity that I'm quite comfortable with, which I would lose if I link my internet ID to my real one.

I could:
- Doxx myself. "Hi, I'm Jane Doe. I'm also Raindrop." Which would mean I'd get to keep people who follow me online, as well as the ones I know IRL. I'm not big either way, so every person who knows me and can spread my art helps. But I'd lose my anonymity.

- Split my art between Raindrop's stuff and Jane Doe's stuff. That could get complicated real quick, and might hurt me in terms of reach / name recognition... but would protect my identity. Gender identity being part of it, too.

- Sort of nuke Raindrop? At least all the art-related stuff. It seems drastic... Also most of what I know comes from the Raindrop-side of me, if that makes sense. Raindrop's my creative account, the one I can experiment with and basically be myself. Or suss stuff out about myself. So... hmm.

- ... I don't know. There might be other options. Create another name?

I haven't posted any of the most recent stuff. I mean, up till now I was really a beginner, but something clicked -- and I've improved enough that I wouldn't be ashamed of selling a few Christmas cards to people who are happy to support local artists. I wouldn't feel that I'm ripping them off, is what I mean.

I know some of you guys have Etsy stores and the likes. What are your thoughts on this?
Artists, even budding artists, don't normally use a nom de plume.

I have seen some artists who use a "nickname" as part of their "artist persona". So you could use something like Jane "Raindrop" Doe. People wouldn't necessarily relate that to Raindrop Drinkwater.

It really depends on who you want to be known as in the artistic world.

Real names of singers and celebrities - Business Insider

I think you'll find this link useful: https://www.agora-gallery.com/advice...s-for-artists/
__________________
This is the truth.
Mitakuye oyasin.
To all my relations, keep dancing.
Believe or you will not see.
WolfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 09-12-2017, 06:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nemo me impune lacessit

*SLU Supporter*
 
Lucifer Baphomet's Avatar
We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation. -Voltaire
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Paisley, Cradle of the Stewarts
Posts: 25,387
My Mood:
Business: Radio Free Darkmere

Awards: 1
Most Erotic Salma Hayek Youtube Clip 
Change your name legally to Raindrop.
Lucifer Baphomet is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
1 User Agreed:
3 Users Like This:
Old 09-12-2017, 07:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
bunneh
 
Porsupah Ree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Probably near London or San Francisco.
Posts: 2,740
My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 2006
Client: Firestorm and Project Bento
When I was attempting (and will again, but not with accounts that burn money just to keep idling, as with Zenfolio and SmugMug) to sell my wildlife photography, I happily identified as Porsupah, and will continue to do so, as that's pretty much my name at this point, other than legally. (Even there, the concept becomes fuzzy, as UK law has no particular concept of legal recognition of a specific name - a "deed poll" is nothing more than a declaration from the person as to how they wish to be known)

íViva Raindrop!
__________________
"Separated lovers cheat absence by a thousand fancies which have their own reality. They are prevented from seeing one another and they cannot write; nevertheless they find countless mysterious ways of corresponding, by sending each other the song of birds, the scent of flowers, the laughter of children, the light of the sun, the sighing of the wind, and the gleam of the stars - all the beauties of creation." -- Victor Hugo
Porsupah Ree is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 09-12-2017, 07:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist
 
Ramen Jedburgh's Avatar
Heya ^_^
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 4,952
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 3/9/2006
Client: Firestorm
Maybe transform Raindrop into some sort of brand/store? Though there's probably someone out there using it so it would have to be like, "Raindrop Artdrop" or something whole being the owner/artist under your RL name.
__________________
--
Ramen Jedburgh

http://allaroundthegrid.blogspot.com/
Ramen Jedburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Like This:
Old 09-12-2017, 07:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Discount
 
Casey Pelous's Avatar
Jesus is coming. Look busy!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA, Upper Left
Posts: 10,011
My Mood:
SL Join Date: August 21, 2007
Client: Anything But 2
+1 what Porsupah said. I do some narration of, ahem, "adult romance" and it's all under a couple of noms-de-microphone. No legalities needed -- and I guess Amazon and Audible could out me if they wanted, or one of my authors could, but why would they? (Besides, I know the authors' real names, too!) Trust me, if you've ever read any juicy romance, there's about a 75% chance that wasn't the author's real name.

They manage to get the name on the checks right every month, so it's all good!


That's right kids, grandma's an audio porn star!
__________________
"I am not more than a lossy Human being, and think that we all are equals..." - Wasted Engineer


U.S. Only
Casey Pelous is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 09-12-2017, 08:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
bunneh
 
Porsupah Ree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Probably near London or San Francisco.
Posts: 2,740
My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 2006
Client: Firestorm and Project Bento
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Pelous View Post
That's right kids, grandma's an audio porn star!
My, but the next SLU Treehouse open mic night is going to be interesting.. ^_^
Porsupah Ree is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 09-12-2017, 08:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
子猫女王
 
Katheryne Helendale's Avatar
(Loading...)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Right... behind... you...
Posts: 5,531
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/20/2008
Client: LL Viewer V3

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopsy Pendragon View Post
I, personally, would say stick with doing art under 'Raindrop', the internet is a scary place for handing out real names. If it confuses anyone that matters to you... tell'm writers use pen names, some visual artists do too, no big deal.
This is probably the best advice. If they still give you weird looks, tell them it protects you from the Internet. Or just look at them funny right back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopsy Pendragon View Post
However, on the flip side, some company currently doing business as 'Raindrop' might take issue with for-profit efforts using what they consider to be their brand label. It's not the same as you're doing-business-as your legal name, there's protections for that. Anyway, not sure how best to proceed with that in mind. I'm sure others here can be more helpful!
"Raindrop" is a very generic word. I think as long as you're not selling whatever the company named Raindrop is selling, you'd be in the clear. But, IANAL. Your mileage may vary. Some assembly required. Batteries not included.
__________________
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,
the world will know peace.
-J. Hendrix

Katheryne Helendale is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 09-13-2017, 01:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
pushes vertices
 
Raindrop Drinkwater's Avatar
Shinyyyyy!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,196
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 666
Business: Timetwist by A2NZ
Client: Official Viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer Baphomet View Post
Change your name legally to Raindrop.
That is *so* tempting, you have no idea.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Pelous View Post
I do some narration of, ahem, "adult romance"....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katheryne Helendale View Post
Some assembly required. Batteries not included.
Why, thanks. Like I have time to go to the store and get some batteries now.
Raindrop Drinkwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
That Bitch

*SLU Supporter*
 
Void's Avatar
Innocent as far as you know
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Online
Posts: 14,947
My Mood:
SL Join Date: late 04 original account, mid 05 current
I can't tell you the right course for you, but I can tell you how I've done things...

I've kept a strict separation between work/professional/physical and gaming/hobby/internet personas. anything the might require Physical life information (legal name, billing information, physical address) gets attached to the first, most everything else gets attached to the second.

I'm ok with transitioning internet related contacts to physical if it's for the purpose of work or money, but I only do that on a case by case basis where I believe the professionalism won't result in the two being tied together by others. I generally never go the other way around, unless it's someone that lives in my house.

I don't do this out of embarrassment of my online activities; quite the opposite, I'm rather proud of much of what I've done. I do it more because the internet is an an easy access soup of information that some like to abuse, and so it saves me potential harassment in my physical life because some internet twit didn't like my opinion or wanted a few lulz. Likewise people I meet in physical space that freely share between the two tend not to value the separation in others, and by their nature represent a second hand breech of that separation.

Part of my philosophy is based on the premise that it common to evaluate what people say based on either false promotion (either fakes or fanboism), or false negation (irrelevant bigotry). I like the idea of my thoughts or expertise standing on their own, and I *try* to treat others the same.

If it were me, I'd move all the art over to the professional persona, but I really value that separation... the question is, do you?
__________________
- These eyes can do more than see
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajsa Lilliehook View Post
It's not enough to care about liberty if the only liberty you care about is your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Firelyte View Post
Why doesn't anyone ever ask, "What is the real meaning of the winter solstice?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eboni Khan View Post
Thanks for being passive agressive.
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 09-13-2017, 02:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
That Bitch

*SLU Supporter*
 
Void's Avatar
Innocent as far as you know
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Online
Posts: 14,947
My Mood:
SL Join Date: late 04 original account, mid 05 current
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Pelous View Post
[...]
That's right kids, grandma's an audio porn star!
That seems like one of those things that would be horribly embarrassing if it was your parent growing up, but amazingly awesome if it's your grandparent.
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
Particle Laboratory Elf
 
Jopsy Pendragon's Avatar
300ft above sea level
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 10,776
My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jan 15 2004
Business: Light Sorcery

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Even my dentist calls me Jopsy. Most people in my life do, except sometimes Dad... He does kind of an "air quotes" tone of voice when he has to say it.

But it's a weird name, and I get tired of explaining... To strangers, particularly at restaurants/coffee shops, when asked, I don't say John or Jops(y)... They all know me a JC/Jace. Or Jason, depending on what they think they heard.

Used to be I kept Jopsy as more of a private name so that random people couldn't Google/stalk me easily. I don't much care anymore if people find my secondlife/gaming/art stuff. Mostly because over the years there's been quite a few other Jopsy's showing up on the internet, so it's not clear what's mine and what isn't. Which took quite a bit of getting used to. Felt kind of violated at first.... I'd gotten used to being the only one.
Jopsy Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 09-13-2017, 04:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*
 
Misty Harley's Avatar
always in need of coffee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: US
Posts: 5,508
SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
File a fictious name with the state for Raindrop. You'll have to put an ad in the local paper (two preferably) but most people don't read it and if they do, they don't really bother with it much. I can't remember what, if at all..there is a cost beyond the advertisement in classifieds.

You can then sign your art with 'Raindrop' but sell it under your own name or split between the two, if that's what you decide.

Congrat's to you!
Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 09-13-2017, 06:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
That Bitch

*SLU Supporter*
 
Void's Avatar
Innocent as far as you know
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Online
Posts: 14,947
My Mood:
SL Join Date: late 04 original account, mid 05 current
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopsy Pendragon View Post
Mostly because over the years there's been quite a few other Jopsy's showing up on the internet, so it's not clear what's mine and what isn't. Which took quite a bit of getting used to. Felt kind of violated at first.... I'd gotten used to being the only one.
lol I feel the same about Void Singer... for years I was the only one, and then suddenly there were at least two more (one is in Oz, the other in the UK I believe)... I'm still the one google finds when you search though
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This:
Old 09-13-2017, 07:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Discount
 
Casey Pelous's Avatar
Jesus is coming. Look busy!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA, Upper Left
Posts: 10,011
My Mood:
SL Join Date: August 21, 2007
Client: Anything But 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Harley View Post
File a fictious name with the state for Raindrop. You'll have to put an ad in the local paper (two preferably) but most people don't read it and if they do, they don't really bother with it much. I can't remember what, if at all..there is a cost beyond the advertisement in classifieds.

You can then sign your art with 'Raindrop' but sell it under your own name or split between the two, if that's what you decide.

Congrat's to you!


To be clear, she can sign her art any way she likes, or not sign it at all, for that matter. (Well, signing as "V. Van Gogh" or "Andy Warhol" is frowned on...so, probably best to stay away from forgery.) There are no legal steps required.

The only problem comes when she tries to cash the check. The check doesn't have to be in her name, though -- she could start a business that "represents various artists", call it "Raindrop" or "Raindrop Art" or "Gallerie de Raindrop" or "Ralph's Welding Supplies" and have the checks made to her "representative."

In this case, "starting a business" consists of opening a bank account in that business's name. In the US that involves filing a "DBA" (Doing Business As) and, typically, getting a business license and registering with various tax authorities. No name change needed.

Actually, as I think about it, this could be quite the creative device. She could work as multiple artists in multiple styles, be as public or private with each identity as she likes, and even rep other artists. Meanwhile, any promotional work or business meetings gets attended by the General Manager of Ralph's Welding Supplies.

(As I think about this more, it occurs to me that the advent of PayPal has somewhat short-circuited that whole rigmarole, at least for individual proprietors.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
That seems like one of those things that would be horribly embarrassing if it was your parent growing up, but amazingly awesome if it's your grandparent.
Yeahhhhh ..... nooooo. I think we're gonna be keepin' that on the down low. We have a small branch of the family that is so very, very Morally Superior, they get the vapors if they're briefly exposed to a South Park episode.
Casey Pelous is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 09-13-2017, 08:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
Emergency Mustelid
 
Argent Stonecutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 19,199
This is an interesting article on the subject:

https://www.agora-gallery.com/advice...s-for-artists/

I changed part of my name when I came to the US. This caused a bit of confusion for a while, because everyone in Australia knew me by one name and everyone in the US knew me by another.
__________________
Argent Stonecutter -- Skyhook Station -- Coonspiracy Store

"And now I'm going to show you something really cool."


The previous is a cybernetic datum published - in direct contravention of DoD Regulation #229RR3X3 - as being conducive to the physical, psychological and/or social well-being of the population.
Argent Stonecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 09-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
pushes vertices
 
Raindrop Drinkwater's Avatar
Shinyyyyy!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: London
Posts: 4,196
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 666
Business: Timetwist by A2NZ
Client: Official Viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent Stonecutter View Post
This is an interesting article on the subject:

https://www.agora-gallery.com/advice...s-for-artists/

I changed part of my name when I came to the US. This caused a bit of confusion for a while, because everyone in Australia knew me by one name and everyone in the US knew me by another.
Ah, the article mentions something I hadn't thought of. My real name is difficult to spell in English. In fact I've even taken to abbreviate my first name over here, because of pronunciation issues. My last name? Yeah, I usually have a good laugh when people try to read my name.
Raindrop Drinkwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:31 AM   #21 (permalink)
Emergency Mustelid
 
Argent Stonecutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 19,199
Yeh, I can never spell Mxyzptlk myself.
Argent Stonecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
Old 09-13-2017, 12:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Particle Laboratory Elf
 
Jopsy Pendragon's Avatar
300ft above sea level
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 10,776
My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jan 15 2004
Business: Light Sorcery

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Call center person: first name?
Friend: Siobhan...
Call center person: umm s, h, i, f,f,....
Friend: no, it's: S, i, o, b, h, a, n
Call center person: wow! That's such an interesting spelling! I'm not going to even try to guess how you spell your last name...
Friend: j...o...n..e..s...
Jopsy Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
DILLIGAFF
 
WolfEyes's Avatar
Society's Lost Bird
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: See that big valley? Not there.
Posts: 11,300
SL Join Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent Stonecutter View Post
This is an interesting article on the subject:

https://www.agora-gallery.com/advice...s-for-artists/

I changed part of my name when I came to the US. This caused a bit of confusion for a while, because everyone in Australia knew me by one name and everyone in the US knew me by another.
oops. Beat ya to it. I posted that link yesterday.
WolfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 09-13-2017, 05:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Discount
 
Casey Pelous's Avatar
Jesus is coming. Look busy!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: USA, Upper Left
Posts: 10,011
My Mood:
SL Join Date: August 21, 2007
Client: Anything But 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Pelous View Post
...
That's right kids, grandma's an audio porn star!
Quote:
5 Users Said Yay!: Anouk, Kokoro Fasching, Porsupah Ree, Raindrop Drinkwater, Shiloh Lyric

3 Users Like This: eku Zhong, Katheryne Helendale, Shiloh Lyric
Pervs, the lot of ya.

Casey Pelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
DILLIGAFF
 
WolfEyes's Avatar
Society's Lost Bird
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: See that big valley? Not there.
Posts: 11,300
SL Join Date: April 2004
Ha ha ya missed me.

WolfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




SEO by vBSEO