Unhinge: A festival for Eku's head, we need your help <3 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Notices » Unhinge: A festival for Eku's head, we need your help <3

Notices Notices and well wishes and such things.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
<3

<3

My Mood:
SL Join Date: the dawn of time
Client: your face!

Awards: 1
Best Lesbian Glitter Sex Reference 
Send a message via Skype™ to Nephilaine Protagonist
Unhinged: A festival for Eku's head, we need your help <3

~ Unhinged is now open! SLurl ~

A few of Eku's buddies are getting together to do an event to help her out with some medical issues...

(from www.unhingedsl.com)
A love letter for Eku <3

There is this great person named Eku Zhong. She is funny, talented, kind, and also quite ill. Not ill as in awesome, ill as in sick. Not sick as in super cool (well she is that too) but sick as in very, very ill.
You may or may not be aware of that- up until a few months ago, I wasn't. I was clueless. I had no idea because Eku doesn't make a big deal of it. Day in and day out, I would complain about my little problems and she would listen patiently and advise wisely.
Her presence as a friend is a blessing. She brings fun and light wherever she goes- and she does so in the face of incredible challenges. Her ability to stay positive no matter what is an enormous inspiration.
Her struggles started with MS. Then they found thyroid cancer, and through poor treatment it turned into bone cancer. Over the last seven years, literally countless surgeries, radiation therapies, bone replacements and marrow transplants later, the stress of repeated surgeries has left her skull fragile and yet more surgery is needed.
The area where her zygotic arch meets the temporal bone is severely compromised.
Literally there is a risk that her zygotic arch could lift off the temporal arch and push the temporal bone into her brain. Actions as simple as chewing hard food or yawning the wrong way could cause this.
There is hope. Another surgery could correct this issue, but it requires the purchase of a prosthesis to replace the damaged bone. This is where myself and a group of people who love her dearly come in, and you as well should you choose to help out.
From November 15th through December 15th, we will be running a festival in SL- a festival to celebrate Eku's titanium spirit. The event is called Unhinged. It will be a great big gacha fair with a skull theme, lots of DJs and super fun party time, in honor of this spirited and sweet person who is such an inspiration.
75% of the proceeds from gacha plays will go to the Eku's New Bone fund, to help offset the substantial out of pocket cost for this prosthetic. We have a great group of vendors and entertainers lined up, but there is room for lots more, and every contribution helps!
If you are interested in helping out, leave a comment with your avatar name and what you would like to contribute, and I will be in touch with you inworld. There will also be opportunities for sponsorship of the event- I will update this blog with all that information over the next few days, so please do check back with us.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope to see you at Unhinged!
Love,
Nephilaine

__________________________________________________ __

I will be posting more information over the next couple days, we have need of bloggers, creators, DJs, hosts, sponsors, you name it. If you would like to help out, have questions, ect- drop a comment on the blog, a response below, or PM me here.

If you don't want to wait for the event and would like to contribute some love directly or via shopping, her marketplace store is here, the book keeping account for this event inworld is NewBoneForEku, or you can send some L$ love straight to Eku Zhong.

If non-L$ contributions are what you prefer, there is an indiegogo page:
http://www.indiegogo.com/unhinged-SL...true&a=1678633

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Nephilaine Protagonist; 11-16-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Nephilaine Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Letting It Go

*SLU Supporter*

Because I can! That's why!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: This time: 10/12/2010
Client: A few different ones

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
I can't create worth crap, but I am more than willing to dust off my blog, promote on flickr or just help out in any other way I can. Eku is a gem and I can't think of a better way to spend my lindens!

"There is no problem so large that it can't be solved by brute force and ignorance."
~Siggy Romulus (11/13/12)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shilohlyric/
http://shilohlyric.wordpress.com/
Shiloh Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elysium Hynes is Typing..

My animal spirit is the lolcat

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/7/2007
Client: V3
Send a message via Skype™ to Elysium Hynes
Count me in for anything needed.

Elysium Hynes is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 10-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

SL Join Date: Jan 2007
I'm not exactly a designer, but I want to help. I know most of these gacha things are about things that look really cool, right? I'm mostly a scripter. I can sculpt, mesh, animate and all that, but I'm not going to make blog headlines for making pretty things.

I will brainstorm on this and come up with something for the gacha by the end of the week. I might make a safezone weapon or pathfinding NPC or something like that, maybe?

ETA: I am bubblesort triskaidekaphobia in world.

Last edited by bubblesort; 10-27-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: added name
bubblesort is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
3 Users Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Just call me Beth

Singing along with old music

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 4 2009
Client: Firestorm
Count me in too, I had no idea. And she's always been so kind and well, positive. I don't know what I can make yet, but I'll start noodling some ideas.

And if I can help in any other way, please let me know.
4 Users Hugged You:
2 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Likes This:
Old 10-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
An Avatar for All Regions

*SLU Supporter*

Totally Self-Sufficient

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 1/27/2008

Awards: 2
Special Achievement in Thread Titling 
I'm in for whatever I can do. If you want to spread to more venues, mine are yours. Name a way i can promote it during shows and I will (donation kiosks?). I'm a noob at this but will do all I can.

Eku

“The dinosaurs died so that chat rooms may flourish”
― Tom Robbins, Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration."
- Abraham Lincoln
Bard Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
<3

<3

My Mood:

oh and there will be free chikin and brussel sprouts for all!

We are busy bees on the back end pulling it all together, I appreciate any offers and will be in touch soon!

Fwiw, it took literally weeks of begging and all alternative options falling through before Eku agreed to let us throw this shindig for her. She is proud and doesn't want her illness to effect the normalcy she is able to find through SL. So we are celebrating her, not worrying over her!

The festival will run from nov 15th thru dec 15th, I think I forgot to mention that in the OP

Last edited by Nephilaine Protagonist; 10-27-2012 at 03:06 PM.
3 Users Laughed:
2 Users Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pedantic Geek

SL Join Date: 1/30/2008
Business: Perception
I'll make something!
..And finally get around to buying that kitchen of hers that I've been putting off buying just because I don't know where I'd put it.

Eku is awesome and helpful and all sorts of wonderful. (Not to mention that inhuman patience of hers!)

Dunno exactly what I'm going to make yet.. it might end up having to depend on just how long I end up without power. It was only about two days without power here after Irene, though.
Maggiedoll Alter is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 10-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Oh hai!

SL Join Date: 01/01/06
Business: Pin Me Down
Send a message via Skype™ to Shyntae
The way Eku jumped in and helped out with the One Voice event just makes me want to squeeze-hug her till she squeals, but I shall be nice and just offer chikin instead, and my help.

So from two other people with MS, count us in. I'll gladly promote and blog this event, and i'll see if I can think of something fitting to put in a gacha. Kinu Mayako of SAKIDE will also be glad to help out.

Flickr | My Fictional Insanity | Marketplace
Morrigu Trescothick | Shyntae Demonista
Shyntae is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Like This:
Old 10-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Nemo me impune lacessit

*SLU Supporter*

We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation. -Voltaire

My Mood:
Business: Radio Free Darkmere

Most Erotic Salma Hayek Youtube Clip 
Eku is a wee gem.

She's fucking awesome.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Shiny Shenaniganator

*SLU Supporter*

Stop dragon my heart around

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Sept. 2007
Business: Avatar Bizarre
Client: Crash-o-Matic 2.0
I have some of her sculpted boots that make my clothes more better.

Count me in for a gacha, and whatever.
Sredni Eel is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 10-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
ガンバレ日本

*SLU Supporter*

rotisserie compulsive

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 9/29/2007
Business: Culprit
Client: LL beta

In Queso Emergency 
i am totally and absolutely overcome with the love ppl are showing me .. i really really am lost for words.. theyre all stuffed up inside me ... along with some incredible feelings.. i feel like an overripe grape ..about to pop... and its hard not to cry

thank you all so much
Ailsa Muliaina, Alexa Lioncourt, Aliselia Aeon, Amber Guity, Anouk, Ariadne Korda, Aribeth Zelin, AshaSekayi Ra, Astolat Dufaux, Baltha, Beebo Brink, Beezle Warburton, bubblesort, Bunnie, cala, Casey Pelous, Casper Priestman, Cattrina Careless, cessee Hedges, Chalice Yao, Charlotte Bartlett, Chip Midnight, Cindy Claveau, Circle Widdershins, Couldbe Yue, Da5id Abbot, Daring Destiny, Darnk Yun, Day Alderson, Elysium Hynes, Envoy Costagravas, Erich Templar, Faithless Babii, Fluttercat, Galen McGinnis, Grandma Bates, Han Held, Hitomi Tiponi, Ingrid, Isabeau Imako, Jasmyn, Jeni Roussel, Johnnie Carling, kantbethursday, Khloe, Kinu, Kirre, Kokoro Fasching, Lance Corrimal, Laverne Unit, Lewis Luminos, Lucifer Baphomet, Mabb Dilweg, Madison Talon, Maggie, Maggiedoll Alter, Marita, Menchor Barbosa, Merlynn D, Micaela Darkwatch, Misty Harley, Mojo Skytower, Morgoth, Moriko Inshan, Myf, Myradyl, Natsuki Morigi, Nephilaine Protagonist, Nuria, ohn lang, OrinB, Pancake, Pie Psaltery, Raindrop Drinkwater, Ricci Beebe, Robert Jung, Rodeejah Urquan, Rosemaery Lorefield, Roxanne Blue, Saint Pipra of Peevington, Sally Rosebud, Sansarya, Shiloh Lyric, Shyntae, Sid Nagy, Similar McMillan, Sonya Marmurek, SpaceCase, Sunshine Carami, Tess Whitcroft, Tyche Shepherd, Voodoo Radek, Willow Matthews
Old 10-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

*SLU Supporter*

animating

My Mood:
I was feeling bad i couldnt make it on my own and you guys came to help so quickly and give us more than hope also make us realize that we are not alone and show us so much friendship and brotherhood i always thought ppl in SLU are like a big family and thank you guys for show us we are also part of that big family ,Thank you so much.
yure4u Sosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

Making Mesh

My Mood:
There aren't many words that are helpful when you are struggling with a life threatening illness. But, I'd just like to offer a

I'd be happy to create a mesh item for the event. I'm not exactly sure how a gacha works from the creator point of view though. Do you just make one item with several variations?

Inworld Name: Ashasekayi Ra
AshaSekayi Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
4 Users Hugged You:
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 10-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
If there is room for it, I can dust off a cane and knife of mine that I never ever sold but people seemed to like when I did pictures of them , do some animations that actually look nice (now that I know how) and pass that along for the gatcha event. If you guys need them (and if not that is ok too)

Also count me for blogging the event while I happily buy whatever anyone else has out.

Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 10-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
<3

<3

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshaSekayi Ra View Post
I'd be happy to create a mesh item for the event. I'm not exactly sure how a gacha works from the creator point of view though. Do you just make one item with several variations?
That is usually how it goes You can do colors of an item, or other variations as you see fit, they all get loaded in and one is designated as the "rare" prize.

We are doing up gacha machines for use in this event, I'll be dropping info packets to everyone inworld before the weekend is out and the machine + instructions will be included. I'm aiming to make setting it up as painless as possible!
Old 10-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

Making Mesh

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilaine Protagonist View Post
That is usually how it goes You can do colors of an item, or other variations as you see fit, they all get loaded in and one is designated as the "rare" prize.

We are doing up gacha machines for use in this event, I'll be dropping info packets to everyone inworld before the weekend is out and the machine + instructions will be included. I'm aiming to make setting it up as painless as possible!
That sounds great. Thanks
AshaSekayi Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
SLU Fluffer

Cock Chafer

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
Client: Usually Catznip but I dabble in others

The Penis Handler 
I can't create, but I'll raffle off one free date with pancake.

I'm kidding unless that would help.

About the only things I can do is blog, and of course shop.

If you need DJ's I know a few that I can probably get to tag in. You can contact me inworld (Felicity Francois).

OH! Depending what you mean by host, I can probably do that. Hell I talk to people in SL all day long for no reason, I might as well put it to good use.
Pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This:
Old 10-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #19 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

sick of all the bullshit

SL Join Date: October 27, 2007
I had been here a long time (a couple of years maybe?) before I found out about the MS. I don't create in SL-or blog-but I will save up money to buy. I will also try to help spread the word in other ways.
1 User Agreed:
Old 10-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Just call me Beth

Singing along with old music

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 4 2009
Oh, and gacha prizes are usually no copy/trans, as I understand it.
Aribeth Zelin is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 10-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #21 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

sick of all the bullshit

SL Join Date: October 27, 2007
I've posted a link to this thread on another board that has some people that might know her and wish to help. There is some cross-over from this board to, but I didn't know if those people would see this.
Aliselia Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Editing my edit

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
I can't create worth a crap, but I love Eku and I want to be there with my checkbook to help out as much as I can!

EKU GET WELL!!!!!
1 User Likes This:
Old 10-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #23 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

penguins rule!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/30/2011
Business: Heavenly Estates
Count me in. I'm not sure what I can do but any thing for Eku.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
ガンバレ日本

*SLU Supporter*

rotisserie compulsive

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 9/29/2007
Client: LL beta

In Queso Emergency 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
Count me in. I'm not sure what I can do but any thing for Eku.
eat a chikin for me .. everyone ...
eku Zhong is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Yay!:
Old 10-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
SLU Fluffer

Cock Chafer

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
Client: Usually Catznip but I dabble in others

The Penis Handler 
Eku, if I could, I'd send you a special care package from BC.
Pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
2 Users Hugged You: