Axl Rose declines induction into Rock Hall of Fame - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Music » Axl Rose declines induction into Rock Hall of Fame

Music Share and discuss what you are listening to

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Clearly Mad

Fraternizes with Brits

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Aug. 2008
Send a message via Skype™ to Mad Mouse
Axl Rose declines induction into Rock Hall of Fame

Axl Rose declines induction into Rock Hall - Yahoo! News

Quote:
Axl Rose announced Wednesday that he won't be showing up to see the band inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and declined the honor for himself.
In a letter to the hall, band fans and "To Whom It May Concern," Rose listed several reasons for not attending Saturday's ceremony in Cleveland, including a feeling that the hall does not respect him.
In declining his own induction, he added: "I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf."
The hall said in a statement that it still plans to induct Rose with the rest of the group. "We are sorry he will not be able to accept his induction in person," it said.

"Sometimes, in madness resides genius"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
This has to be some of the stupidest e-peen dick wagging I have ever seen.
My Sadly Neglected Flickr
Mad Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
Doesn't surprise me. This is the same guy that consistently failed to show up at concerts or decided to hold them to his own personal schedule.

I think he fails at 'band' concept. His name is being inducted with the band. It's not him directly and only that's being inducted.

Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Agreed:
Old 04-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

Looking down at the uncanny valley

My Mood:

Nuff said.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
tick tick tick

Fugitive from Justice

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 12/26/2006
Client: Singularity
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy Smadga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariane View Post

Nuff said.
Is that the guy from Meat Loaf??
Randy Smadga is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 04-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

SL Join Date: Jan 2007
Yeah, no surprise. Axl is a dick.

Meanwhile, Slash is keepin it real...

Slash Refuses to Allow Guns N' Roses Music on 'Glee' | Music News | Rolling Stone
bubblesort is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Yay!:
Old 04-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

see-oh-neh

Awards: 1
Thank You 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Harley View Post
Doesn't surprise me. This is the same guy that consistently failed to show up at concerts or decided to hold them to his own personal schedule.

I think he fails at 'band' concept. His name is being inducted with the band. It's not him directly and only that's being inducted.
Not to mention he dragged a legendary bands name through the mud by attempting to boost a non-existant solo career with it. It did nothing for him except make him look like a dickhead.
Sione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: June 12, 2003
Quote:

I remember hearing about him not showing up a few times and there being a near riot. One time he didn't show up following Metallica after James Hetfield's arm caught on fire. Rose thinking that he was upstaged by it.
Edav Nomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

see-oh-neh

Thank You 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edav Nomad View Post
I remember hearing about him not showing up a few times and there being a near riot. One time he didn't show up following Metallica after James Hetfield's arm caught on fire. Rose thinking that he was upstaged by it.
His latest tours have been absolutely plagued with it. He still thinks he is a massive superstar.
Sione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Coucou!

Slouching, with legs akimbo

My Mood:
One of those riots happened in Montreal. Axl Rose is a Total Ass.

Guns-n-Roses was good, but short-lived. There are so many others, long time, hard working, amazing groups and musicians, (and so many women rockers they never seem to include ) that I would prefer to see inducted before them.

Slash on the other hand is worthy.
Isabeau Imako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edav Nomad View Post

Wasn't that in Michigan? Not positive but the riot was around the time the nightclub caught fire as well from the pryo works with Great White (different state though I think)...I think it was?

The guys an idiot.
1 User Disagreed:
Old 04-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblesort View Post
Yeah, no surprise. Axl is a dick.

Meanwhile, Slash is keepin it real...

Slash Refuses to Allow Guns N' Roses Music on 'Glee' | Music News | Rolling Stone
BUT I LIKE GLEE!

Also, this made me laugh:

Quote:
So Slash is definitely not a fan of squeaky-clean singing teens.
Cause you know...they got drunk once, had sex a few times AND got pregnant. See...only partly squeaky clean!

*hides in the corner*
Old 04-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Evil Incarnate!

Recursion is beautiful!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2003-11-14
Business: Peregrine Salon
Send a message via Yahoo to FlipperPA Peregrine
Worthy of the Hall of Fame? Fuck that place, it is a sham for people who made the industry tons of cash, not for actual talent.
3 Users Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 04-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
tick tick tick

Fugitive from Justice

My Mood:
Quote:
Wasn't that in Michigan? Not positive but the riot was around the time the nightclub caught fire as well from the pryo works with Great White (different state though I think)...I think it was?

The guys an idiot.
The Station nightclub fire you spoke of w/Great White was in West Warrwick, Rhode Island on February 20th, 2003. It was the 4th worst nightclub fire in US history. 100 people died. Over 200 people were injured. It happened because the pyrotechnics show, (which never should have been allowed) ignited sound proofing foam that surrounded the stage.

The Station owners (Michael Derderian and Jeffrey Derderian) wanted to save a few bucks, so instead of buying fire retardant foam they took the cheap way out and purchased the cheap (egg crate) soundproof foam.

Also, the West Warrwick Fire Dept. issued permits to The Station allowing them to have a maximum capacity of 400 people in the club even though there was no fire sprinkler system. State law only allowed a maximum of 300.

In my opinion those are the 2 biggest reasons those folks were killed that night.....
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Now with less padding

My Mood:

Special Achievement in Acronym Usage 
Send a message via AIM to Dancien Graves Send a message via Yahoo to Dancien Graves Send a message via Skype™ to Dancien Graves
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperPA Peregrine View Post
Worthy of the Hall of Fame? Fuck that place, it is a sham for people who made the industry tons of cash, not for actual talent.
Normally I would kind of agree with you. Except this year they are also inducting the Beastie Boys. Those guys are ridiculously talented.
Dancien Graves is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
3 Users Agreed:
Old 04-15-2012, 04:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
01001100 01001111 0100110

01000011 01101111 01101111 01101100 0100001

My Mood:
SL Join Date: '06
Business: Darnkeyes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Smadga View Post
Is that the guy from Meat Loaf??
Pfft! he wishes he was as cool as meatloaf!

Ahaha, such a simpleton. It'z so much fun playing jokez on you. I waz only here to see how she waz doing, but I had fun while I waz at it. So long, Sere, au revoir, mon ami! Pleaze dream of moi every night! Oui! ~ Harle

http://leechmouth.deviantart.com/
Darnk Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:04 AM   #16 (permalink)

heh they can just fudge the jackass out in the pics stalin style and ignore him. And who really cares?
Ann Otoole is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 04-15-2012, 05:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

Quote:
The Station nightclub fire you spoke of w/Great White was in West Warrwick, Rhode Island on February 20th, 2003. It was the 4th worst nightclub fire in US history. 100 people died. Over 200 people were injured. It happened because the pyrotechnics show, (which never should have been allowed) ignited sound proofing foam that surrounded the stage.

The Station owners (Michael Derderian and Jeffrey Derderian) wanted to save a few bucks, so instead of buying fire retardant foam they took the cheap way out and purchased the cheap (egg crate) soundproof foam.

Also, the West Warrwick Fire Dept. issued permits to The Station allowing them to have a maximum capacity of 400 people in the club even though there was no fire sprinkler system. State law only allowed a maximum of 300.

In my opinion those are the 2 biggest reasons those folks were killed that night.....

Thanks....

Didn't Great White end up getting fined and.....trying to remember it, but one committed suicide later or maybe not (I might have bands messed up here). I remember them going on tour later with proceeds either going to the families or some sort mess occurring around it.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #18 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: June 12, 2003
Quote:
Thanks....

Didn't Great White end up getting fined and.....trying to remember it, but one committed suicide later or maybe not (I might have bands messed up here). I remember them going on tour later with proceeds either going to the families or some sort mess occurring around it.
The Guitar player Ty Longley died in the fire.
Edav Nomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
tick tick tick

Fugitive from Justice

My Mood:
Quote:
Thanks....

Any money that Great White paid to the victims and/or their families was because they were forced to. I believe they had a 1 million or 2 million dollar settlement. They wouldn't even come back and play amongst a few bands on an anniversary date to help raise money for families. Twisted Sister headlined a show a few years ago to help raise money but Great White wouldn't come.

If you are really interested in learning about what happened that night there is alot of info available. In fact, the entire incident was recorded and is on YouTube. There is also a 10 minute video of everyone partying at The Station a few minutes before it happened.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
tick tick tick

Fugitive from Justice

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnk Yun View Post
There was a Meat Loaf concert in SL a couple of weeks ago. I believe it was a recording of their New York show. (Central Park, 1978)

They did a great job.....
1 User Likes This:
Old 04-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 2005
Client: Firestorm
Send a message via MSN to bladyblue Send a message via Yahoo to bladyblue Send a message via Skype™ to bladyblue
Axl is just as disturbed as David Lee Roth. They are both destructive forces. It's a shame.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain...Time to die.-Roy Batty
bladyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Friend of Forman

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 12/14/2004
Send a message via Yahoo to Jack Belvedere
Late post, sorry--I just finally caught the show last night. It was fantastic to see the group at the end on stage: Ronnie Wood, the Chili Peppers, Guns n Roses minus Axl. It was funny, if a little uncomfortable, how the audience booed when Axl's name was mentioned as GnR was inducted.

I have been a Chili Peppers fan for decades and thrilled they got the honor. Flea's speech was almost tear-jerking.
Jack Belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:12 AM   #23 (permalink)
Rumpcious!

Sobriety is over-rated.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Feb 4 2010
Business: Bang Rumpus
Client: Official (current)
Quote:
Any money that Great White paid to the victims and/or their families was because they were forced to. I believe they had a 1 million or 2 million dollar settlement. They wouldn't even come back and play amongst a few bands on an anniversary date to help raise money for families.
Maybe it was just hard for them since it was the same incident that killed a "brother" of theirs?
Kick Frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axl rose, hall of fame