Minecraft Sells 10k Units Per Day, Acts As Social Network - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Other Grids / Virtual Worlds > Minecraft » Minecraft Sells 10k Units Per Day, Acts As Social Network

Minecraft Discussion of the game/virtual world Minecraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Peeps Tsar

#imalwayswithher

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Dec 2002
Business: ANOmations
Client: Viewer 2
Send a message via Yahoo to Cristiano Send a message via Skype™ to Cristiano
Minecraft Sells 10k Units Per Day, Acts As Social Network

Minecraft sells 10 000 units per day, works as social network

Cristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Old 04-18-2016, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
kortee'nea

SL Join Date: May 2007

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Send a message via Skype™ to Adeon Writer

"Social Network" must mean something I didn't expect, considering Minecraft lacks even a friends list. Wouldn't any dedicated-server based game be considered a social network then?
Adeon Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist

Heya ^_^

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 3/9/2006
Client: Firestorm
There isn't even really an effective way to export or share your creations as far as I know. There are 3rd party tools that do this though.

http://allaroundthegrid.blogspot.com/
Ramen Jedburgh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rawr

My Mood:
Client: SL Viewer 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeon Writer View Post
"Social Network" must mean something I didn't expect, considering Minecraft lacks even a friends list. Wouldn't any dedicated-server based game be considered a social network then?
Social networks don't really have much to do with technology.
Cerise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

My Mood:

Awards: 1
Gaming Guru 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeon Writer View Post
Unless you play it on a PlayStation of Xbox. Also coming soon is Minecraft Realms:

Quote:
This is Minecraft Realms

Imagine a Minecraft world that can be accessed by your buddies any time of day. A place where everyone can play together, no matter how far away they live in real-life. Somewhere to cooperate, compete, and adventure.

We're talking about Minecraft Realms, obv. The easiest way to own an online Minecraft world that can only be accessed by you and your friends.

Please note: Minecraft Realms is currently only available for the PC/Mac version of Minecraft. We're working on making it available for the other versions too!

A place for friends

Up to 10 people can play on a Realm at once, but up to 200 people can be given access. It's up to you how you play - create your own Minecraft world together, start on one of our exciting spawns and make it your own, or play minigames against your buddies. Realms supports every type of Minecrafter.

Play your way

Of course, you can play Survival and Creative modes but Minecraft Realms also supports a growing selection of minigames and maps, ranging from competitive sports like UHC Blox, to classic adventures like The Dropper and Diversity 2. The owner of the Realm can switch modes easily.

A few clicks away

Realms is extremely simple to set up. Create your Realm then invite your buddies. That's it. The owner of the Realm has access to admin commands, but they're definitely not required to have fun! You can import and export maps, and check up on who has been logging in and at what time.

Good value

Only the owner of a Realm needs to pay. Though it's hard to put a price on something this fun, we've managed it. Realms costs $7.99 a month if you set up a recurring subscription. You can also buy one, three, and six months chunks of Realms, which cost $9.99, $26.99, and $47.99 respectively.
Basically it looks like it's for renting a Minecraft server. I'm guessing that it has some kind of friends list.

https://beta.minecraft.net/en/realms/
Old 04-19-2016, 02:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
kortee'nea

SL Join Date: May 2007

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Send a message via Skype™ to Adeon Writer

Minecraft realms isn't new, had one last year, but it's actually nothing more then renting server space directly from mojang, the server doesn't do anything the regular third-party service do it's just vanilla only
Adeon Writer is offline   Reply With Quote