Mesh Avatars Currently On The Market - Page 37 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Fashion and Shopping > Mesh Avatars » Mesh Avatars Currently On The Market

Mesh Avatars Discuss mesh avatars and accessories made for them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2015, 10:05 PM   #901 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 1, 2006
That is a sneak peek at the offerings. I'm looking forward to some of the makeups and seeing if the fitmesh actually fits.
Cristalle is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 07-31-2015, 10:10 PM   #902 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romana View Post
TBH, I wish I'd known this limitation before I purchased it. It certainly wasn't made clear in the product info or the demo.
I'd feel much better about buying this head if I knew there was going to be such an update, but how do you even ask?

QFT. Especially the last part. I would have held off on buying this head if I knew I couldn't use my "bare" skins and apply eyeshadows and lipsticks via Omega, like on the Eve'olution head. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
My biggest disappointment was that the customization - being able to switch noses - was only a texturing job, not actual morphing of the mesh a la the way Belleza pushes up the breasts for the pushup shape. It would have been nice to have been able to add more differentiation for the same skin applier so that we can look different even from people who have the same skin applier. Responding to squash head slider would have been nice, too.
1 User Likes This:
Old 08-01-2015, 02:08 AM   #903 (permalink)
Orc
Nicole Twigvald

Data Traveller

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2010
Business: Pose Monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romana View Post
TBH, I wish I'd known this limitation before I purchased it. It certainly wasn't made clear in the product info or the demo.
It is clear in the demo. In the demo folder there are two notecards and one is called "Info about Omega version. PLEASE READ!!". The beginning of that reads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo notecard
Although it is not available in the demo this is a special version of the LOGO Alex avatar that allows you to use Omega compatible appliers to change the entire skin texture of your head. This allows you to use skins from other makers if they offer Omega versions of their skins.

The Omega version is included as a separate folder in the full product with it's own specific version of Alex. The makeup and hair base parts of the HUD will not work with the Omega system, you can only apply Omega compatible skins. You can however still use the HUD to change your eye colour, eyelash style and expressions.
So I totally understand being disappointed about not getting to use makeup layers, I am too. But we were reasonably warned, and I knew about it before I bought it.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:23 AM   #904 (permalink)

lost in time...

My Mood:
I'm still relatively new to Omega-compatible stuff. I thought it meant that the regular LOGO makeup HUD wouldn't work with the Omega head, but I didn't realize it meant Omega makeup appliers wouldn't either.
My bad, I guess.
I do hope that Maximillion adds that capability. More customization, as Cristalle said, would be nice too. The Alex head is lovely, but there are a fair amount of people out there who want to individualize as much as possible.
Romana is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-01-2015, 12:41 PM   #905 (permalink)
Orc
Nicole Twigvald

Data Traveller

My Mood:
Ah, yeah I see how it could be read that way understandable mistake. I'm pretty curious why the makeup layers weren't included. I wonder what the technical limitation is. Once the head was converted to a standard SL av uv I'd think the makeup should have been easy enough but maybe not.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #906 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 03/17/2004
Anyone looking for an Ethnic head, the new Rowne head has the face of a goddess. The different nose options are great too.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/houseoffox/19580984673/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcopol_oh/20028508909/

Last edited by Eboni Khan; 08-01-2015 at 11:41 PM.
Eboni Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This:
Old 08-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #907 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Client: Flavor of the week
A rare cheap Omega applier for LOGO Alex, only 70 L:

TDR Fusion, starting today.

And Izzie's has all other tones in the mainstore.
"My opinion is, a designer should always try to enhance the inworld experience for his clients. In a virtual world, where individuality is hard to obtain, selling modifieable items is like selling a bit of freedom. Think about that." ~Silent Sky
Marianne Little is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Awww:
Old 08-01-2015, 05:25 PM   #908 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Cordeaux View Post
So this is happening starting tomorrow. I'm assuming (hoping) these pics are just some of the offerings and not all because I will have a disappoint if that's the case.

The Mesh Body Addicts Fair
That Just Because dress looks good. Their previous dress offering is rigged perfectly for my Lara body shape.. just the auto alpha feature is a bit annoying on it because it isn't needed.

I find I wear different bodies for different outfits. Slink Physique still seems to have the nicest fitting bikini (and it seems more stable than the others) so I use that for sailing and beaches.

The mesh project has some of the best fitting clothes, but more limited in number, their spring\summer catalogue skirts in particular. Maitreya Lara has more options, but they don't fit quite as nice, except that Just Because dress.
Aethelwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:50 AM   #909 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Well this was interesting.

[06:19] Delilan Resident: (Saved Thu Jul 30 22:05:39 2015)bonjour
[06:19] Delilan Resident: (Saved Thu Jul 30 22:05:41 2015)hello
[06:19] Delilan Resident: (Saved Thu Jul 30 22:05:58 2015)ever JOMO s product is legit
[06:19] Delilan Resident: (Saved Thu Jul 30 22:09:20 2015)I m the Board of Directors of JOMO
[06:19] Delilan Resident: (Saved Thu Jul 30 22:09:29 2015)please contact me if you are online
[06:19] Delilan Resident: (Saved Thu Jul 30 22:09:30 2015)thank you
[06:19] Delilan Resident: (Saved Thu Jul 30 22:12:12 2015)you was said JOMO s product is Infringement
[06:19] Delilan Resident: (Saved Thu Jul 30 22:13:12 2015)We have let our lawyers issued a statement.
[06:19] Delilan Resident: (Saved Thu Jul 30 22:15:06 2015)we have to meet .because It has been involved in the law of Real world

EvanDelilan, I do not bother to reply inworld, to come with threats about "law of Real world" is amusing. I think it is empty threats.

Why not reply here?

And have you used "law of Real world" on the accusations here as well?

DevinVaughn says IMPORTANT: ReiTuki's list of Ripped Content stores. You need to always avoid these stores: http://re - #ka9b7p - Plurk

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reituki/13908358089

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reituki/14057067932/
"My opinion is, a designer should always try to enhance the inworld experience for his clients. In a virtual world, where individuality is hard to obtain, selling modifieable items is like selling a bit of freedom. Think about that." ~Silent Sky
1 User Groaned:
4 Users Laughed:
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 08-02-2015, 01:57 PM   #910 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
I am not saying this is a ripoff, but the flickr post says it it. Would you care to comment, or a statement?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/660148...n/photostream/

Your lawyer need to work on more cases than mine.

More images of the skin:

Plus the previous thread about a fantasy armor, that made me ask about the mesh body, with a question mark: "Is it legit?"

human_m_l05 Light Armor Sets Human: Male

Plus the Kung-Fu pants: https://www.flickr.com/photos/reituk...in/dateposted/
Old 08-02-2015, 07:08 PM   #911 (permalink)

The Mesh Body Addicts event must be popular, every time I have tried to get in the region is full.
2 Users Agreed:
Old 08-02-2015, 07:24 PM   #912 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
It is the first time for this event so I am sure it's crazy. Now I should really get in bed. The fair will be there tomorrow too.
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-02-2015, 11:53 PM   #913 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
It will be there for several weeks, so it will take time to die down.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:08 AM   #914 (permalink)

I managed to get in at 5:00am my time and grabbed the Just Because dress. Camming around I didn't see much else that looked new or interesting to me. But I will go back and check it out more. It was only a brief visit.

Edit to add: Wow to Insanya for their Slink Physique strap dress.. absolutely awesome... very sexy and a perfect fit.. Just a shame it is only for Slink... but all the same wow... I am going to have to get some boots to go with it.

Last edited by Aethelwine; 08-03-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #915 (permalink)
Relentlessly bi

DEUS EST HOMO

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007-08-17
Client: Viewer Development
Ive been looking at mesh bodies the last week or so, and I narrowed it down to the eBody and the Maitreya.

Overall I like the ebody the best, All my mesh clothes look great, and a bunch of demos I tried looked awesome. But using appliers on it really sucks. (no paints leg flair, and typical painted on clothes)

Now the Maitreya demo let me apply my skin, but not any clothes layers so I was wondering if someone could take a few photos (front back sides) using just applier clothes? Something simple like jeans and a tank top so I can see how applier clothes look on it. I would much appreciate it, thanks
Old 08-19-2015, 12:56 AM   #916 (permalink)
Orc
Nicole Twigvald

Data Traveller

My Mood:
I don't have pictures for you but I can say the maitreya clothing layers are that same skintight look. Theres a selection of fitted mesh for maitreya out there though, more for maitreya than any other body from what I've seen. To me that's a big bonus.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:31 AM   #917 (permalink)
foreigner

*SLU Supporter*

Client: Firestorm
On Maitreya Lara, the tattoo layer is skin tight, the underwear layer less tight, and the top clothing layer even less.

To see the difference, you can apply the same item such as a bikini to all three layers. Then in the HUD switch which is visible.

If you watch your side-view outline, while you switch between seeing the tattoo layer or the outer layer, with the same bra on both, you can see it is generally bigger on the outer layer, as well as sinking less into your cleavage. Panties are also noticeably different when on the tattoo vs the clothing layer.

ETA: I would prefer even more difference in the shape of the layers, in particular if the top clothing layer sunk into the cleavage less, but at least there is some difference.

Last edited by Aimee; 08-19-2015 at 03:45 AM.
Aimee is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 08-31-2015, 01:38 PM   #918 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Interesting poll results... at Mesh Body Addicts, the August poll seems to have shown Belleza finally catching Maitreya. Of course, it is a small sample and doesn't necessarily reflect the overall user base that has bought mesh bodies, but between the three variations of the Belleza body, they are just a couple of points ahead of Maitreya. Early in the month, Maitreya was at around 50% of the responses, but that dropped to 37%.

I wonder how many people voted twice, how many people switched after the fair, and how accurate it is... but even so, I think it's safe to say that Maitreya and Belleza are leading the pack. Slink's response number has dropped to 6%, and TMP is below 5%, as usual.
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 08-31-2015, 04:04 PM   #919 (permalink)
A boombox is not a toy!

Lurking with coffee

My Mood:
I switched from Slink to Belleza once the new Freya body became available. I like the curviness of the hips and legs with a thicker look. I was considering Maitreya, but I like a thicker look, and Maitreya seems best suited for thin, skinny shapes (thigh gap).

I like how I can pick between three different options for the breasts with Belleza that makes corsets and such look really nice. I also like how flat, mid, and high feet are all included. The only thing I don't care too much for is the joining between the hands and wrist, which I find kind of off in a way. I can't really put my finger on why it looks strange to me. It might be that I'm used to Slink, which also seemed off. Another thing I find the applier/inventory/closet situation much more complex than Slink.

Honestly, I love and hate that there are so many choices in female mesh bodies. There are quite a few Maitreya or TMP only creators and fans out there. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to be stuck with one person's standard of beauty.
Ryanna Enfield is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 08-31-2015, 05:03 PM   #920 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
I kept with Maitreya because of the superior rigging and alpha cuts (at least in my opinion), and it allows me to have a shapely look. I like the extra options Belleza offers - the new wardrobe section of the HUD is like Eve's, and the different shapes are great for different looks. Belleza was good, but I wasn't tempted enough to switch. But that doesn't mean that I won't ever switch. The only thing I really wanted was a fuller bust, but a little more thickness is nice too.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:35 PM   #921 (permalink)
Persona Non Grata

Cougar

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 04/05/2010
Client: Firestorm x64
I was a bit anti-mesh bodies for quite some while but bought the EVE followed a few weeks later by the Maitreya Lara.

Besides spending far more money than usual clothes and shoes shopping I am more than pleased and wondered why I was so hesitant previously.

Maitreya Lara's legs are lovely and the foot connection is seemless. I hope for a wardrobe system for the Lara similar to the EVE in future.
Vixen Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:45 PM   #922 (permalink)
Woke Woman

It's all relative

My Mood:
SL Join Date: This time: 10/12/2010
Client: A few different ones

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
I was changing for a photo yesterday and accidentally detached my Maitreya body. It was a horrifying sight since I'm now so used to the smoothness of a mesh body that I forgot how...jaggy...the default body mesh is.

It was traumatic. I'm still not over it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shilohlyric/
http://shilohlyric.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Shiloh Lyric; 09-01-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Shiloh Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #923 (permalink)

My Mood:
Client: Firestorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh Lyric View Post
I'm now so used to the smoothness of a mesh body that I forgot how...jaggy...the default body mesh is.

It was traumatic. I'm still not over it.
I too have become a mesh-body snob. When I see an old friend who still has not changed-over, I am like "Ick, why not just go back to your newbie-hair too."

Now that the discussion has matured somewhat, and we are more actively comparing and judging the offered-products, I have been wondering for a while, and I have only seen mine and my partner's Lara's; what brand has the best-looking couter?
Giannia Rossini is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
Old 09-01-2015, 02:35 PM   #924 (permalink)
When's lunch?

Mama's babygirl :D

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Long long ago.
Client: Viewer 3, Firestorm

Send a message via Skype™ to Rodeejah Urquan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giannia Rossini View Post
I too have become a mesh-body snob. When I see an old friend who still has not changed-over, I am like "Ick, why not just go back to your newbie-hair too."

Now that the discussion has matured somewhat, and we are more actively comparing and judging the offered-products, I have been wondering for a while, and I have only seen mine and my partner's Lara's; what brand has the best-looking couter?
Duh! Lena body lush, of course! I switch between my Lana and Lena bodies depending on how naked I wanna be. :3
Old 09-01-2015, 04:38 PM   #925 (permalink)
feral ballerina

Hello, I'm the groove operator. Please hold the line.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March 2004
Business: D3volution

A big problem I have with mesh bodies is that I have yet to see one that does a realistically small bosom. They all seem to start at a D cup and go out from there.

Are there any mesh bodies that produce a realistic figure with an A and B cup?
Govi is offline   Reply With Quote