Mesh Heads: Utilizator - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Fashion and Shopping > Mesh Avatars » Mesh Heads: Utilizator

Mesh Avatars Discuss mesh avatars and accessories made for them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2017, 12:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Myf
McMahon

A Small Field Squirrel

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March '07
Business: The Kino Haus
Client: the one you hate

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Mesh Heads: Utilizator

Utilizator, better known for his anime work and the Kemono avatar, has released a more realistic styled bento head called the "Normie."

It's copy/mod, has in-built Omega compatibility and is only 500Ls, a fraction the price of most heads. On the negative side, while there are inbuilt static animations, there are no full cycling animations.The head also has one or two less makeup/tattoo layers than other heads. While there are slots for eyeliner/mascara and lipstick/gloss, there's nothing for blush/freckles/tattoos etc. On the other hand, the head is mod, so it might be possible to kitbash a solution by adding extra shells, similar to how you can add a tattoo layer to the Kemono body.

Blog post.

Example Pics
Myf is online now   Reply With Quote
4 Users Said Thanks :
Old 11-11-2017, 12:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Misanthrope

Aaaargh!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 05/25/06
I bought this for an alt, very pleased with it! Love the built in Omega compatibility. Definitely worth checking out the demo. I just wish that he would make a realistic head to fit the Kemono avatar now.
Stephanie Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
When's lunch?

Mama's babygirl :D

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Long long ago.
Client: Viewer 3, Firestorm

Awards: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodeejah Urquan
I got it too. So far, I'm having fun with it, although, yeah, the minimal texture layers is a problem. But then again, Uti's stuff gets updated fairly frequently, unless someone makes a mod first.

Here are some pics I took with the head with some tsg skins, Vampy and F Tone in the Koko applier respectively.
Attached Thumbnails
Mesh Heads: Utilizator-normie_003.jpg   Mesh Heads: Utilizator-normie2_002.jpg   Mesh Heads: Utilizator-newlook_001.png  
Old 11-14-2017, 09:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Mood:
Omg I love it!
pechaberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hermit

My Mood:
I bought this head just curious as to what it would look like with certain skins on it. its good for L$500. i guess pros and cons? pros and cons.

+ Omega ready, no relay needed (tired of buying those stupid things)
+ Bento, so they won't looks the same on 2 people (though lets face it, skins play alot into that to.)
+ Can toggle makeup on and off without having to clear the layers
+ Can hide parts of the head so that hair can be fitted easier
+ Works with the lsl eyes, so you don't have have struggle with a pair of unrigged mesh eyes
+ The teeth look like teeth, not paper cutouts.

- The shape doesn't allow for many adjustments without it looking weird
- No blush or neck tat layer, so if you wanted to wear some makeup or facepaint that requires those slots you'll have to use a different head.
- The head seems a bit plump. Might be really good if your avatar is chubby but otherwise you've got a case of the babyface.
- Very minimal in the way of animations and some don't work right if your lips are adjusted to be thicker.
- The included shapes for the bodies are a bit... weird. they're weird. not gonna beat around the bush. I don't see anyone using them as is.
- No way to tint the eyebrows

I attached some pictures of avatars i put together with my maitreya body. i figured if i'm gonna use a head i wouldn't normally use, i might as well use a body i don't normally use. one is just normal, using pinkfuel's sora alabaster, the other is with the boi chest, using crystal doll also from pink fuel. Decided to use those skins as pink fuel is a pretty popular brand.
Attached Thumbnails
Mesh Heads: Utilizator-snapshot_159.png   Mesh Heads: Utilizator-snapshot_158.png   Mesh Heads: Utilizator-snapshot_161.png   Mesh Heads: Utilizator-snapshot_160.png  
Valdima Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
2 Users Like This:
Old 11-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
When's lunch?

Mama's babygirl :D

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Long long ago.
Client: Viewer 3, Firestorm

Awards: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodeejah Urquan
Ahah, as far as facial animation go, there's always the option of getting the 6DOO hud. It worked pretty well with this head. But yeah, if you don't wanna pend the extra 700L, you just have those static animations....for now anyways.