Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Fashion and Shopping > Mesh Avatars » Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery

Mesh Avatars Discuss mesh avatars and accessories made for them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2016, 09:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 1
The 2 Millionth Post Award 
Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery

Have I mentioned how much I love my new mesh head? Now that we can effect significant changes with the Bento sliders, I thought we could use a thread to show off our slider settings and discuss the tips & tricks of going full-on mesh. Sort of a fashionista thread without the emphasis on clothes.

I'll start with this comparison of Beebo's Before & After.

LeLutka Simone Bento Mesh Head
YS&YS Grace skin applier for LeLutka

I started with a copy of my system shape, but the Bento slider values are so different that it's taken me a dozen editing sessions to get a face that I'm happy with. I spent the last few sessions fine-tuning the shape to suit my new skin rather than exactly matching my old look. The result is still "me" but with a noticeable make-over.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rabblerouser

*SLU Supporter*

edible

My Mood:
SL Join Date: February, 2007

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Thumbs up

Your avatar looks quite serene and dignified.
shy poster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 1, 2006
Lyranna Manderly by Cristalle Karami, on Flickr

This is the Eve'Olution Bento head, for one of my roleplay characters.
The applier is a conversion of a skin I already purchased.
Cristalle is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 12-31-2016, 05:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Myf
McMahon

A Small Field Squirrel

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March '07
Business: Myficalities
Client: the one you hate

Awards: 2

In case it's not obvious, system to the left, mesh to the right. Head in question is the new Bento compatible Simone II by Lelutka. Yes, the same head that Beebo's using. Scroll back up and note how dissimilar they are. Skin is Pink Fuel's Doll v2.

I started with my original system shape as a base, the mesh face wasn't all that close to what I've got it to now but it wasn't terrible. Took roughly 15 minutes of fiddling to achieve a face I thought of as a decent match (close enough for me to move from demo to purchased). Since then I've twiddled, tweaked and refined numerous times and will probably do so a few more times too.
Myf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 12-31-2016, 06:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myf View Post
Yes, the same head that Beebo's using. Scroll back up and note how dissimilar they are.

When mesh heads first appeared, a common fear (which I shared), was that SL would turn into a world of clones. In addition, I was pretty much resigned to never finding a mesh head that would suit me since my butch aesthetic was so different from the prevailing ultra femme culture in SL fashions.

Even before Bento, the diversity of head products turned out to be far greater than any of us expected, and styling with skins and hair accessories resulted in an even wider range of appearances. Now, however, Bento has blasted away the final obstacles for customization.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
Makes me *almost* want to DL a viewer and log in! But....taxes (the word Beebo hates the most )
Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
2 Users Hugged You:
Old 12-31-2016, 11:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

Business: LightStar
Here's my Bento mesh head,
It's *LightStar - Athena

And Happy New Year everyone!
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 01-01-2017, 02:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 11/16/2009

System head is wearing League's Isla skin in medium tone. Mesh head is Simone 2.0 with League's Lelutka Milla in medium tone, IKON Hope Eyes Field Green. I've never been great with the sliders, so I started with Strawberry Singh's Simone shape which I felt was close to what I wanted. Still some more tweaking to do and looking for an applier that has more freckles, but I'm pretty happy with this so far!

I realized while taking the pictures that my new head has quite the RBF. But when those happy mood animations start to run, she looks playful and friendly. I am loving the animations for the Simone head.

Body is Physique with League's Medium tone applier. Unfortunately the color for the head and body appliers is about a 1/2 shade off, which creates a line around the neck that's visible in pretty much all lighting. All their other skin tones for the body and head don't have this issue. I'm going to write a note to the creator to see if there's any fix for this. And ask if an Isla applier will become available.

Last edited by Zoidyn Kytori; 01-01-2017 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Redid pictures because bad photo skills
Zoidyn Kytori is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 01-01-2017, 05:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Never taped a dick

My God, this reminds me

My Mood:
SL Join Date: This time: 10/12/2010
Client: A few different ones

The system head on the left is wearing the Glam Affair Sia skin in India tone, while the Simone head on the right is wearing the Glam Affair Lucrezia skin, also in the India tone. I used Strawberry Singh's close-up for the windlight.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shilohlyric/
http://shilohlyric.wordpress.com/
Shiloh Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Yay!:
Old 01-01-2017, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
But it refused. <3

*SLU Supporter*

I'm a regular Victor Victoria

Prim:

Luskwood Lioness and Silver Rose "Anna Kerenina"

Sculpt:

AX Lioness v1 with nose pushed in a bit. Silver Rose "Anna Karenina 2" Teaa Demina hair "Victoria"

Mesh:

All my work, baby.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Client: Flavor of the week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh Lyric View Post

The system head on the left is wearing the Glam Affair Sia skin in India tone, while the Simone head on the right is wearing the Glam Affair Lucrezia skin, also in the India tone. I used Strawberry Singh's close-up for the windlight.
It is interesting to see how beautiful the system head is on a distance, from the front and with good windlight. I know many would pick it as the prettiest from this image. But the profile, closeups and animations on the system head, uhhh...
"My opinion is, a designer should always try to enhance the inworld experience for his clients. In a virtual world, where individuality is hard to obtain, selling modifieable items is like selling a bit of freedom. Think about that." ~Silent Sky
Marianne Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

I cnat tpyipng actlluay, srry

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 6th Jan 2007

Finally after 2 late nights mucking around with it.
Not much of a resemblance to the pre-mesh head me but I got carried away I guess ( I like the nose tbh). I think I only ever settled on my default head. With bento you can try a little more to achieve what you have in mind. That said this is definitely still a WIP.

Default skin on the left : Lara Hurley...Erin (I think...)
Applier skin on the right: Lara Hurley Fleur
Eyes: Insufferable Dastard Pastel Eyes

And the side profile for anyone that's interested:

Amelia Freund is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Yay!:
Old 01-03-2017, 01:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
I didn't use a before face, but made a new look. It is the LeLutka Simone head again, with an older applier from The Skinnery. It was a C88 offer called Silke.
"My opinion is, a designer should always try to enhance the inworld experience for his clients. In a virtual world, where individuality is hard to obtain, selling modifieable items is like selling a bit of freedom. Think about that." ~Silent Sky
2 Users Said Yay!:
Old 01-03-2017, 06:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
You should not belive it's the same head when you compare my profile with Amelias. How did I get my nose so long, I wonder? I remember I tweaked it in hope of getting a small bump, taking upper bridge out and lower bridge in. I wish it was possible to do more with it. Maybe my nose isn't longer, it is just the bridges that creates an illusion.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

Late but Support for eku

My Mood:
I guess I need to play around with the mesh head .... I can't seem to get them to look
anything like my Av...

Sea
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-04-2017, 11:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Nevertheless, she persisted.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
You guys are going to make me spring for a new mesh head, aren't you?

1 User Agreed:
Old 01-05-2017, 03:55 AM   #17 (permalink)

I cnat tpyipng actlluay, srry

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 6th Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Little View Post
You should not belive it's the same head when you compare my profile with Amelias. How did I get my nose so long, I wonder? I remember I tweaked it in hope of getting a small bump, taking upper bridge out and lower bridge in. I wish it was possible to do more with it. Maybe my nose isn't longer, it is just the bridges that creates an illusion.
Fore reference my nose size when that pic was taken was 30, the upper bridge was 0. Can't remember what the lower bridge setting was. Nose tip slider might be a factor too.

I was just trying to achieve a side profile for the nose that looked like it matched the nose from the front. There's no point having a bulbous looking nose that looks like an itty bitty button from the side.

On a related note it's really cool that you can have a downturned nose tip now, without getting those polygons at the side of the nostrils like you do with the default SL head.
Amelia Freund is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Old 01-05-2017, 04:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia Freund View Post
Fore reference my nose size when that pic was taken was 30, the upper bridge was 0. Can't remember what the lower bridge setting was. Nose tip slider might be a factor too.

I was just trying to achieve a side profile for the nose that looked like it matched the nose from the front. There's no point having a bulbous looking nose that looks like an itty bitty button from the side.

On a related note it's really cool that you can have a downturned nose tip now, without getting those polygons at the side of the nostrils like you do with the default SL head.
The more I stare at my head, the more it looks like the side view and the front view looks are two different persons.

Maybe I need to take off the hair and take new pictures, since I switched to an updo to show the profile. Maybe my nose tip width should be smaller, so my nose looks longer and narrower from the front. Hmm. But it is so fun to change sliders again.

Unrelated... logged in the alt with the first Catwa mesh head, Jessica, and ugh. Things get old so fast.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
Myf
McMahon

A Small Field Squirrel

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March '07
Business: Myficalities
Client: the one you hate

Awards: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawitch View Post
I guess I need to play around with the mesh head .... I can't seem to get them to look
anything like my Av...

Sea
Even with Bento, I think you're mostly still going to have to shop around for a base head that works for you. The Lelutka was the third bento head I'd tried and while the other two were lovely heads, I couldn't tweak them into a face that looked right for me. As I've been saying to people in world, it's still very early days for bento. As more and more base heads come on the market, the likelihood of there being one that will reproduce your face ever increases. The fact that this particular head has turned out to be so versatile is a really good sign.
Myf is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 01-05-2017, 05:43 AM   #20 (permalink)

Wondering...

My Mood:
You all have (had) such perfect system heads - but the mesh ones are a quite subtle improvement introducing a spark of life and an indication of character in each case.
3 Users Like This:
Old 01-05-2017, 05:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

to Myf

I tried the Catwa Bento and didn't even come close to my face. The Simone was much better, but still isn't right on the money. At some point in the future, I will likely switch to another Bento model by LeLutka. For now, however, it's close enough to make me happy.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:36 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Here's a Simone Bento gallery, showing the range of the head shape, as well as the transformative effect of skin, hair and fashion choices.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:57 AM   #23 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: June 22, 2010
Business: Shiny Stuffs

I really like seeing how different everyone looks with the same Lelutka head. You all look amazing .

I personally am not interested at all in making my mesh head look like my system face. I am just having fun being able to mess around with face sliders again. There is something to be said about being able to add your own flair to them. I had missed that more than I had realized.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
*awesome*

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2010
Business: .ID.
Quick compare/contrast of my bentos. I'm not totally satisfied with my Simone shape yet but I'm sure I'll keep tweaking it.
Attached Thumbnails
Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery-aulabentos2.jpg  
Audrey Lamede is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-05-2017, 10:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 1, 2006
Testing out Altamura Aggie. Using the Pink Fuel Morgana for LOGO applier, and another converted skin applier. The lips can be an area of concern, but Morgana handles it much better than the converted skin. And wearing rigged hair is interesting. Aggie has teeth that will poke out if your head length is too short and that may make wearing rigged hair a challenge.

Altamura Aggie - Pink Fuel Morgana by Cristalle Karami, on Flickr

Altamura Aggie Bento by Cristalle Karami, on Flickr
Cristalle is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
4 Users Like This: