Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery - Page 6 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Fashion and Shopping > Mesh Avatars » Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery

Mesh Avatars Discuss mesh avatars and accessories made for them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2017, 10:34 AM   #126 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Nevertheless, she persisted.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anouk View Post
ETA: I have to stick with regular mesh as I'm on Singularity so can't do Bento for now.
To add to what Cristalle said, the big problem with this is that more and more people are moving to Bento heads and hands, etc. I still get IMs from those who say "I can't see your head" and I have to jump into the long-winded explanation that I'm wearing a Bento head ("What's Bento?") and that not all viewers support Bento yet. I suggest to them that as the grid becomes dominated by Bento (and it will), being on a non-Bento viewer is going to become more and more problematic. The choice is becoming not whether to switch but how long can you go without seeing everything?

I thought I read where Singularity was working on a Bento-compatible viewer, but I don't know anything about it. It pains me to say this, but given the current landscape with SL viewers, it's become more critical than ever to use one that updates frequently (official or Firestorm) or just abandon the idea of being able to see everybody as they're designed most of the time.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:48 AM   #127 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006

Awards: 1
The 2 Millionth Post Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anouk View Post
Could someone please give me some suggestions about where I can get a head that doesn't have such big puffy lips?

ETA: I have to stick with regular mesh as I'm on Singularity so can't do Bento for now.
Anouk, I feel your pain.

For whatever reason, the prevailing designer aesthetic is dominated by collagen-injected bee-stung lips for both skins and mesh heads. Lips are one of the major reasons I've waited so long before getting a mesh head, and it's Bento that finally solved the problem for me.

Even with Bento-enabled mesh heads, there's a limit to what you can do to minimize the puffiness that the creators love and there's a slight distortion if you view the mesh head from the side. The lips have been flattened rather than thinned. Without Bento... you're shit out of luck.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:08 AM   #128 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Nevertheless, she persisted.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
I took a minute to actually look for a Singularity Bento viewer, and while it's in Alpha it reportedly runs very well.

Singularity Alpha build 6915
Old 02-22-2017, 11:58 PM   #129 (permalink)
Just Me

Mostly lurking...

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristalle View Post
I wasn't even aware that Meli had a head. Would you make a thread for her brand and post a better review with pics?
Good thinking! I'm down with a streaming cold at the moment, but I'll start a thread in a day or so when I can get some more pics taken.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/33397
Peony is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 02-23-2017, 01:33 AM   #130 (permalink)

Late but Support for eku

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawitch View Post
I have been having a lot of fun with the new head. Izzie's had a free item for the AK head.
I had to use a Lumae skin atm for the body but the head is all Izzie's
I picked the Lara by AK head because I was able to make normal looking
lips I love a lot about the Catwa heads but not the lips and there seems
to be no way around them as even the lip sticks are designed for the
trout pout look. ( watch a couple of Strawberry Singh videos she has 2 of
Catwa makeup the Powder Pack ones)
Old 02-23-2017, 06:20 AM   #131 (permalink)

Seasick

SL Join Date: 2008
Inspired by all your amazing pics, I have decided to a) pick up a bento head, b) spend an ungodly amount of time tweaking it to here and there and c) putting it out here as well.
It's the Catwa Kimberly and possibly an eternal work in progress, because fiddling with all the sliders has become dangerously addictive...

Dharaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:48 AM   #132 (permalink)

I cnat tpyipng actlluay, srry

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 6th Jan 2007

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
The GA.EG Barbara head for anyone that's interested. The more I wear it the more it suits me better than my Lelutka head.

GA.EG Barbara by Amelia Freund, on Flickr

Side profile:

GA.EG Barbara side profile by Amelia Freund, on Flickr

Skin: The Verve - Zara (Omega applier)
Eyes: Avi-Glam - Lucid Eyes - Glass
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Sheryl - Blondes

Hehe, cool story with the skin, the head creator must have inspected me (with one of those scripted gizmos I guess) as I was demo'ing the head with the applier at the GA.EG store and they TP'ed to the skin shop to investigate the applier, right as I was TP'ing in to the skin shop to buy the applier after buying the head. She complimented me on how good it looked lol.
Amelia Freund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:55 AM   #133 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Client: Flavor of the week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia Freund View Post
The GA.EG Barbara head for anyone that's interested. The more I wear it the more it suits me better than my Lelutka head.

GA.EG Barbara by Amelia Freund, on Flickr

Side profile:

GA.EG Barbara side profile by Amelia Freund, on Flickr

Skin: The Verve - Zara (Omega applier)
Eyes: Avi-Glam - Lucid Eyes - Glass
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Sheryl - Blondes

Hehe, cool story with the skin, the head creator must have inspected me (with one of those scripted gizmos I guess) as I was demo'ing the head with the applier at the GA.EG store and they TP'ed to the skin shop to investigate the applier, right as I was TP'ing in to the skin shop to buy the applier after buying the head. She complimented me on how good it looked lol.
It is really lovely. Problem for me is that I am so into LeLutka and Catwa HUDS. I am not sure if I can take more systems.

Before, it was TMP and Catwa, I can work with two systems spread over my avatars.

RL sometimes makes me stay off SL for weeks, some avatars lie in sleep for months. If they use the same system, it is just to log in and ready to go.
"My opinion is, a designer should always try to enhance the inworld experience for his clients. In a virtual world, where individuality is hard to obtain, selling modifieable items is like selling a bit of freedom. Think about that." ~Silent Sky
Marianne Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:31 AM   #134 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Now I have three male looks that I really like.

Posting them for comparing skins. All are Catwa Daniel.

I find it hard to get a unique profile. I had hoped for a male Catwa head with another nose/mouth whatever. Can't really do much with the nose. It is straight no matter what.
Attached Thumbnails
Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery-head-skin-collage.jpg   Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery-skin-collage-profile.jpg  
"My opinion is, a designer should always try to enhance the inworld experience for his clients. In a virtual world, where individuality is hard to obtain, selling modifieable items is like selling a bit of freedom. Think about that." ~Silent Sky
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 03-20-2017, 09:02 AM   #135 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Body shots.

I thought posing in swimming trunks or boxer shorts, but it's not possible to find any for NX Nardcotic yet.
And just one in jeans would not look right.
Attached Thumbnails
Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery-pose-collage.jpg  
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 04-09-2017, 10:13 PM   #136 (permalink)

Business: LightStar
I didn't think I'd care so much for an asian look on my avatar, but I think I have a new favorite head <3 This is Lin from my shop, *LightStar:

Cherry Blossoms by Krystal Silverweb, on Flickr
Old 04-10-2017, 06:27 AM   #137 (permalink)
♂♂

*SLU Supporter*

*Poof!*

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 25th May 2007

So i picked up the new Nivaro Sagat applier for Enzo Aesthetic at skin fair. While it's not completely working for me as Noco, i do like this version in blonde. I'll be using it for pictures as an alternative to my normal dark look. This is my basic Enzo (non bento) head. I'm still looking to get an alternative bento head for Noco, but haven't worked out which will work for him yet.

Blonde Noco in the Rain by Orinoco Hammerer, on Flickr
OrinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:26 AM   #138 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrinB View Post
So i picked up the new Nivaro Sagat applier for Enzo Aesthetic at skin fair. While it's not completely working for me as Noco, i do like this version in blonde. I'll be using it for pictures as an alternative to my normal dark look. This is my basic Enzo (non bento) head. I'm still looking to get an alternative bento head for Noco, but haven't worked out which will work for him yet.

Blonde Noco in the Rain by Orinoco Hammerer, on Flickr
OK, I just love that look!!!
But tell me, one of my alts has Smith, not Enzo. And I find the Smith skin hopeless to tint because they have that ash color tone. Is it possible to buy just Enzo skins or a "Natural" tone for Aesthetic?

Or am I totally missing that Nivaro could maybe, possibly, in my wildest dream, have body skin appliers? THAT would be great!
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 04-10-2017, 07:33 AM   #139 (permalink)
♂♂

*SLU Supporter*

*Poof!*

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 25th May 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Little View Post
OK, I just love that look!!!
But tell me, one of my alts has Smith, not Enzo. And I find the Smith skin hopeless to tint because they have that ash color tone. Is it possible to buy just Enzo skins or a "Natural" tone for Aesthetic?

Or am I totally missing that Nivaro could maybe, possibly, in my wildest dream, have body skin appliers? THAT would be great!
Thanks Marianne

No body appliers yet. The only one available for aesthetic is from Samurai, and i don't like that much.

Skin tinting is much better on the light skin tone. Enzo comes with both the light and medium. I don't use the medium one. The one in this picture is light.

ETA: Medium and Light come with the bodies. Pale comes with the Johnny add on, Fair comes with the Raoh add on and Vampire comes with the Damond add on. All are pretty ashy but they do work well in ultra settings. You just don't get the creamy, clean and cartoony look of traditional skins. SamuraiHQ applier may be what you're after: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p...Hud-11/8826516

Last edited by OrinB; 04-10-2017 at 08:30 AM.
OrinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:54 AM   #140 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrinB View Post
Thanks Marianne

No body appliers yet. The only one available for aesthetic is from Samurai, and i don't like that much.

Skin tinting is much better on the light skin tone. Enzo comes with both the light and medium. I don't use the medium one. The one in this picture is light.

ETA: Medium and Light come with the bodies. Pale comes with the Johnny add on, Fair comes with the Raoh add on and Vampire comes with the Damond add on. All are pretty ashy but they do work well in ultra settings. You just don't get the creamy, clean and cartoony look of traditional skins. SamuraiHQ applier may be what you're after: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p...Hud-11/8826516
Thank you, I know about that Samurai skin. Maybe it is the only Aesthetic body skin that's made for humans. I see some furry skins.
No, that Pale, Fair and Vampire skins look too crazy for me. I think the default skins with Enzo is the best for tinting. Tinting Smith to get rid of the ashy skin is so difficult. I wish it was possible to buy more skins. Well, buying more from Niramyth is out of the question then. I know I read some place that Niramyth plan to release a less muscled body. But if they insist in using their own UV map, I fear that it will be only one skin option. Not many will bother to work with that alien UV map... given the total absence of body skins. (Ok, one human and some furry skins)
Old 04-11-2017, 12:12 PM   #141 (permalink)

Redheaded!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: July 19, 2006
I am currently using a Lara body and the Catwa Tumble non-bento head. Since the Tumble does slightly resemble pre-mesh-head me, (especially when I wore the Belleza Betty) I'm holding off on a Bento head, but will probably have one by July at the latest. I'm showing a various shots to show what looks I've done with the head. I do tend to the classic

Full body shot Lumae Ruby T4 appliers with a lippie from the Catwa extras thing, IKON Charm Eyes in Moor, and Truth Zoya hair. Lingerie fromDead Dollz.

cc_slu_mesh_head_and_body_thread_april_11_001 by cronocloudcreeggan, on Flickr

Head shot, Lumae Ruby T4 appliers with a lippie from the Catwa extras thing, IKON Charm Eyes in Moor, and Truth Zoya hair. Yeah I kind of resemble Rose from Titanic a bit.

cc_slu_mesh_head_and_body_thread_april_11_002 by cronocloudcreeggan, on Flickr

head shot with Lumae Eirtae T4 appliers with a gloss and eyeshadow from Pink Fuel Glossy pout and Smokey boudoir appliers, IKON Charm Eyes in Moor, and Exile Bewitched hair. This look seems a bit Megan Fox crossed with Gogo from Juicybomb. (It's the glossy parted lips that do that)

cc_slu_mesh_head_and_body_thread_april_11_003 by cronocloudcreeggan, on Flickr

headshot with Deetalez Evelyn skin in Nordic, Elikatira Rhythm hair, IKON Charm Eyes in Moor, Catwa lippie from the extras applier

cc_slu_mesh_head_and_body_thread_april_11_004 by cronocloudcreeggan, on Flickr

headshot with Deetalez Evelyn skin in Nordic, IKON Charm Eyes in Moor

cc_slu_mesh_head_and_body_thread_april_11_005 by cronocloudcreeggan, on Flickr

headshot with Truth Gaea hair, Lumae Ruby skin in T4, IKON Charm Eyes in Moor, lippie from the catwa lippie extras HUD. This is about as low-femme as I get. Reminds me of Mariska Hargitay of SVU during her short hair (ROWR) period.

cc_slu_mesh_head_and_body_thread_april_11_006 by cronocloudcreeggan, on Flickr

headshot with Truth Cheri hair, Lumae Ruby skin in T4, Eyeshadow and lippie appliers from Alaska Metropolitan, IKON Charm Eyes in Fjord. "Hello, I am Elina a model from Dusseldorf, my cheekbones are sharp enough to cut pumpernickel...which I sometimes do to entertain at parties."

cc_slu_mesh_head_and_body_thread_april_11_007 by cronocloudcreeggan, on Flickr

Last edited by CronoCloud Creeggan; 04-11-2017 at 12:18 PM.
CronoCloud Creeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 04-20-2017, 05:26 PM   #142 (permalink)
Confirmed with science

This Administration needs more Suzy Green. Ya fat Fuck.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 9/22/2007
Feeling a bit shattered in this shot

It was a rough TP.

Last edited by Galen McGinnis; 04-20-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Galen McGinnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:30 AM   #143 (permalink)

SL Join Date: 04/10/2008
Hi All,

Thought ill get in on the sharing Thats me Deli. Lelutka Chloe and Maitrya with my selfmade shape. It took me a lot of time, but i like how it turned out. Im still making chages here and there sometimes, but mostly just tiny tweeks, moving a slider with 1 or 2 here and there. At first I got a Belleza body, but due to the lack of clothes and the HUD not being the most user friendly (as a first time user) I got a Maitreya. Now i prefer the Belleza shape (its more atheltic and curvy), but Im back with the Maitreya due to 2 things. Bento hands and seemless neckline. So thats my story
Attached Thumbnails
Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery-deli.jpg   Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery-deli2.jpg  
Deliana is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-25-2017, 08:33 PM   #144 (permalink)
Just Me

Mostly lurking...

My Mood:
So I was working on a new skin and playing with my new Akeruka Lara Bento head, gradually adjusting the shape to fit the skin. I also learned a new trick of combining a few hairstyles to create a brand-new look.

I liked what I was seeing, so I started to take a few snaps when I started to get the feeling that the av looked a lot like someone I knew… Who was it? Then it dawned on me…it’s me! Or at least the idealised image of me that I have in my head. Me on an amazingly brilliant hair & makeup day (and with those encroaching streaks of grey coloured in!)

Have you had one of those #firstlifemeetssecondlife moments?

ETA: Woot - 100 posts! \o/ not bad for a lurker!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/33397

Last edited by Peony; 04-25-2017 at 08:38 PM. Reason: ETA: Woot - 100 posts! \o/
Peony is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This: