Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery - Page 3 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Fashion and Shopping > Mesh Avatars » Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery

Mesh Avatars Discuss mesh avatars and accessories made for them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2017, 11:05 AM   #51 (permalink)
Easily Distracted

Just Sans

My Mood:
SL Join Date: April 2005
Client: Official client
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo Brink View Post
I LOVE the 3rd photo down, but the hair is a big part of that appeal for me. It's so lovely. This isn't a fair comparison with different hair do's!

If you want to match your old (recognizably Sans face), you could shorten the Simone head and round it out a bit more. If you're in the mood for a total makeover, then just go wild with the new Bento head and see where it takes you. I split the difference, myself. First, I made the head as close as I could to my system head, then I changed skins and tweaked to suit the new look. The result was different, but not so much that people couldn't recognize me.
Tried shortening the head and chin, but that caused the teeth/gums to stick out of the chin. I edited that to sit farther back on the attachment point, but it messed up expressions. I could leave them off, but that leaves out all options for expressions. I like the newer look enough to live with it, but probably in public areas/events I'll not wear a mesh head because of the texture load (lod?).
Sansarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #52 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenna Soothsayer View Post
I demo'd Simone, and it disappointed me in a couple ways. One: the Glam Affair darkest skin option makes my face look much lighter in tone. I wear the same tone (Africa) daily, and the system version of it has a much darker face. Finding the options to turn the makeup off was a little confusing, but I did, so this is without makeup.

Two: I couldn't get it to let me do the aquiline nose that is one of my favorite parts of my avatar. Feh. I really wanted to like it!

Here's my profile Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

the shape of my nose is all about the Upper and Lower bridge settings. Simone didn't move much with those sliders.
The Eve'Olution is the better head for an aquiline nose. The Lightstar Athena also seems to have a nice, longer nose.
Cristalle is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 01-09-2017, 11:27 PM   #53 (permalink)
what is life

pushin verts

SL Join Date: 2005
Tinting is tough on dark skin. Dark skin should pop with highlights, and tinting dulls highlights quite a lot. I didn't realize you could tint the skin on Simone, though, so worth a try.

Ooh, thanks, Cristalle, I'll give that a demo!

Last edited by Ravenna Soothsayer; 01-09-2017 at 11:28 PM. Reason: noticed cristalle replied to me!
Ravenna Soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 01-10-2017, 01:43 AM   #54 (permalink)
Misanthrope

Aaaargh!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 05/25/06
My fourth bento head (yeah, it's a worry). EVE'olution worn with the Pink Fuel Doll V2 applier. Awesome head, especially for the price, and it's Omega compatible so I can wear some of my favourite skins with it or make my own. The lashes are from Eve as well, pack 3.

Stephanie Misfit is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 01-10-2017, 10:44 AM   #55 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
Great..now I'm gonna hvae to go try the Eve-olution head, that is beautiful!

I tried to do a match to my Misty Avatar and the lips were a huge fail with the Catwa head. So I bought (bought?! Yes..I bought a shape!) from Izzie's (and also using her skin appliers in porcelain)

A few things I realized...I have not a clue how to work the Catwa HUD. Blend, add layers....ugh. I would have to look at the Lelutka head a bit closer to see if I can figure that one out. I really (really!) miss the days of right click add when it comes to layering up make up's and tat's.

I may end up just using the bento's for every day use but if I want to layer the make up's to achieve the look I like better for most pictures, I'll probably go back to the LOGO heads because you can just 'add' a new make up layer through copy/paste in inventory and relayer up using HUDS, etc. Still not the easiest thing to do but until I can figure out the HUDS...it's really my only option.

oh and the other thing I'm seeing is depending on shape...hair sometimes won't look right. Can't edit most hair and if you make the head too small, the whole avi looks weird.
Attached Thumbnails
Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery-misty-comparison.jpg  
Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #56 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Client: Flavor of the week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Harley View Post
Great..now I'm gonna hvae to go try the Eve-olution head, that is beautiful!

I tried to do a match to my Misty Avatar and the lips were a huge fail with the Catwa head. So I bought (bought?! Yes..I bought a shape!) from Izzie's (and also using her skin appliers in porcelain)

A few things I realized...I have not a clue how to work the Catwa HUD. Blend, add layers....ugh. I would have to look at the Lelutka head a bit closer to see if I can figure that one out. I really (really!) miss the days of right click add when it comes to layering up make up's and tat's.

I may end up just using the bento's for every day use but if I want to layer the make up's to achieve the look I like better for most pictures, I'll probably go back to the LOGO heads because you can just 'add' a new make up layer through copy/paste in inventory and relayer up using HUDS, etc. Still not the easiest thing to do but until I can figure out the HUDS...it's really my only option.

oh and the other thing I'm seeing is depending on shape...hair sometimes won't look right. Can't edit most hair and if you make the head too small, the whole avi looks weird.
Try to watch some videos, I think Strawberry Singh is a good place to start, there are other videos too. She has a Lelutka Simone video too.
"My opinion is, a designer should always try to enhance the inworld experience for his clients. In a virtual world, where individuality is hard to obtain, selling modifieable items is like selling a bit of freedom. Think about that." ~Silent Sky
Marianne Little is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Agreed:
2 Users Like This:
Old 01-10-2017, 01:07 PM   #57 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Easily amused.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Harley View Post
I've only really had experience with LOGO and LeLutka Simone, but the difference between them is pretty marked. I have to keep expression HUDs on my screen for LOGO (they come in groups of 10 or so I think), but with Simone there's only one HUD that I can use for makeup AND expressions depending on the tab I have selected. Of the two systems, I'm convinced now that Simone's is the easiest.

I still need to master the Simone HUD, though. There are custom options I haven't even tried yet. But combined with how easy it was to add and use compared to LOGO, I'd give the game to Simone so far. Haven't worked up the courage or desire to branch out into other mesh heads yet.

I keep thinking that it won't be much longer before the major creators have everything we could ever want in any head. At least, that's my fantasy. Please don't take it away!
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 01-10-2017, 01:11 PM   #58 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Easily amused.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery-snapshot_009.jpg
Old 01-10-2017, 01:37 PM   #59 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

I'm going to have to play with my Lelutka head a bit more I think

(Gawd, that sounds so wrong)
Old 01-10-2017, 05:18 PM   #60 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Little View Post
Try to watch some videos, I think Strawberry Singh is a good place to start, there are other videos too. She has a Lelutka Simone video too.
She just dropped a video for Eve'Olution, and as I previously posted she has a video for Altamura. There is also a video for Genesis Eva and Akeruka Elen.

ETA: And a day or two after this post, Akeruka Lara.

Last edited by Cristalle; 01-16-2017 at 12:19 PM.
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 01-10-2017, 10:30 PM   #61 (permalink)
Just Me

Mostly lurking...

My Mood:
So, as much as I like the Eve'olution Bento head, I do like the animation of the Simone...so I gave in and bought it.

So then I had to play with the shape more...then adjust the skin to fit...then create new eyebrows and make a new applier...

And now I've discovered that none of my makeups are quite right for her, so it looks like I'm going to be busy making some of those! Then to find a way to add a normal map to really make some of those wrinkles look natural.

I'm having fun!
Old 01-11-2017, 05:13 AM   #62 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Client: Flavor of the week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Claveau View Post
Of the two systems, I'm convinced now that Simone's is the easiest.

I still need to master the Simone HUD, though. There are custom options I haven't even tried yet. But combined with how easy it was to add and use compared to LOGO, I'd give the game to Simone so far. Haven't worked up the courage or desire to branch out into other mesh heads yet.

I keep thinking that it won't be much longer before the major creators have everything we could ever want in any head. At least, that's my fantasy. Please don't take it away!
I agree, I have LOGO, Simone and two of the pre-Bento Catwa heads.
I also had two of the pre-Bento Lelutka heads.

Both Catwa and Lelutka has refined and worked on their HUDs, but Lelutka has really nailed it for me.

What I like best is that I can activate the moods (two included), (happy and neutral), detach the HUD, and have an animated face with very subtle animations in the face. And Catwa has it too, but as I remember it, LOGO only had static animations. I have to say that I don't know if LOGO has updated their heads.

Can buy future mood packs too. It will add much to the way we present ourself. Like AOs for the face.
"My opinion is, a designer should always try to enhance the inworld experience for his clients. In a virtual world, where individuality is hard to obtain, selling modifieable items is like selling a bit of freedom. Think about that." ~Silent Sky
Marianne Little is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
3 Users Like This:
Old 01-11-2017, 06:51 AM   #63 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

What is really killing me is that I have the Catwa and Lelutka static heads and I really don't remember having this much of a problem trying to figure out Catwa, although LOGO was definitely easier. Then again, don't remember (would have to log in and wear it) the head I bought from C having such strong obnoxious lips either.

Logging in today to re-try the Lelutka head and play with the shape.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:14 AM   #64 (permalink)
Myf
McMahon

A Small Field Squirrel

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March '07
Business: Myficalities
Client: the one you hate

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
For no reason aside from pure vanity, I thought I might toss a self-portrait I did earlier into the thread.

I've only really done some minor tweaking since the earlier picture. The only major change being picking up some Ikon eyes, the first time I've changed my eyes in about four years.

This shot's also been through a bit more shopping than the last.
Myf is online now   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Yay!:
Old 01-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #65 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006

Awards: 1
The 2 Millionth Post Award 
I've spent my entire SL (nearly 10 years now) desperately avoiding makeup on skins. I usually had two choices: completely bare or dramatic diva. Old habits die hard, so I turned off all makeup layers for my mesh head without even thinking. However, when I was out dancing tonight at eBar, I realized that my skin looked very flat and washed out.

I began to play with the Simone/LeLutka HUD and have fallen in love with the Blend feature that allows me to slowly ease in color to lips, cheeks and eyes without going full-out MAKEUP! mode. The effect is subtle, but noticeable and now that I've made my first tentative steps, I'll probably push a little more beyond my comfort zone.

LeLutka Simone Bento
YS&YS Grace skin applier/Skin tone 00

I also found the Save slots so I can easily switch to a higher Blend value for the darker 03 YS&YS skin tone that I also use often. Loving this!
Zii
Old 01-12-2017, 07:06 PM   #66 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

Played with Lelutka for a bit today. I used the Izzy shape base that she had out for Catwa and did a slider movement (probably still going to tweak some more) .

Discovered that Lara Hurley, who is one of my favorite skin creators, has skins for Lara body and Lelutka head so went that route.

Over all, I think I'm pretty much happier with the Lelutka head and didn't think I would be. The only thing I have to do is figure out why my 'right click edit' feature isn't working on the HUD to slide it over on my screen so I can save my looks once I truly get a basic one that I can use while going around shopping.

(I also did get the Eve head too and like it but keeping that one stored away until someone starts making more specific things for it directly versus the Omega's)
Attached Thumbnails
Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery-lelutka.jpg  
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 01-12-2017, 07:28 PM   #67 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
You will need to join the Eve group to find Eve-exclusive creators and those who include a specific design for Eve. Honestly, I do not worry about the Eve'Olution and Omega because few skins rarely look bad on that head.

I get the feeling that the skin makers have just hit a plateau on the number of heads that they want to support and unfortunately it will take a lot of people calling for Eve-specific skins to move the needle.
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-13-2017, 03:20 PM   #68 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2010
Oh wow...that LeLutka head looks tempting. But 5000L...thats usually my shopping budget for maybe a half year nowadays.
Syo Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Hugged You:
Old 01-13-2017, 04:15 PM   #69 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

I played a little bit more. Trying to get more of a round look on the face and it's taking a bit of time and tweaks to accomplish that.
Attached Thumbnails
Mesh Head & Body Photo Gallery-lelutka-2_002.png  
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-13-2017, 04:40 PM   #70 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Squash the head a little more, make the head shape more round, fill out the lower cheeks to well-fed, lower the cheekbones, take the chin out a little more and square the jaw more.
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 01-13-2017, 04:50 PM   #71 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Is there a way to save the LeLutka settings and pass them to someone else?
Old 01-13-2017, 05:13 PM   #72 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
The HUD settings? I don't think so.
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #73 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Explorations in make-up, Part II

After years of loyalty to the tanned YS&YS Skin Tone 03, I've switched to the lighter Skin Tone 00 and found it to be much more versatile when applied to the LeLutka head and Maitreya body.

The original color is a bit too light for my tastes, but it's a great base for tinting and makeup. I've warmed and darkened slightly with a tint overlay that matches very well across the Simone and Lara body parts.

The YS&YS Grace skin applier has several make-up options. After selecting my favorite I blended and tinted for a final custom lip and eye shadow color. The blush was added by blending the Tattoo option #1 on the LeLutka HUD.

LeLutka Simone Bento 2.1 with YS&YS Grace skin applier & Maitreya Lara mesh body

Last edited by Beebo Brink; 01-14-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Beebo Brink is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Yay!:
Old 01-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #74 (permalink)
Never taped a dick

My God, this reminds me

My Mood:
SL Join Date: This time: 10/12/2010
Client: A few different ones

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo Brink View Post

LeLutka Simone Bento 2.1 with YS&YS Grace skin applier & Maitreya Lara mesh body
This looks great. It's added a lot of warmth to your face.

"There is no problem so large that it can't be solved by brute force and ignorance."
~Siggy Romulus (11/13/12)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shilohlyric/
http://shilohlyric.wordpress.com/
Shiloh Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-14-2017, 05:15 PM   #75 (permalink)
Misanthrope

Aaaargh!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 05/25/06
Got the Akeruka Lara bento head and my thoughts are that it is very strong featured, especially after wearing the EVO'lution head which is so delicate. The nose and chin in particular are difficult to soften up. I do like it though, it's just a different look for me. One unconventional picture coming up. This is the Cureless Haemoglobine applier which is awesome if you want a very pale skin, it's an Omega and Catwa applier. It's worn with Conviction's Insomnia Makeup which is new at the Memento Mori event. Those eyes are Yuurei from Cureless too.

Oh, if you want to see the AK Lara head looking really good (as opposed to kind of dead and weird) check out Truth's preview of his new hair release for Epiphany https://www.flickr.com/photos/truthh...in/dateposted/ The hair looks pretty great too!
Stephanie Misfit is online now   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Thanks :