Mesh Heads: Altamura - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Fashion and Shopping > Mesh Avatars » Mesh Heads: Altamura

Mesh Avatars Discuss mesh avatars and accessories made for them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2016, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 1, 2006
Mesh Heads: Altamura

Altamura, by Rumegusc Altamura, provides mesh bodies and heads.

This post is solely about the heads, for ease of reading.

At the time of this writing, Altamura has a number of heads for human women but only one of them, Aggie, is a Bento compatible head. In my opinion, Aggie is nice if you want softer, rounder features from the start. It deforms pretty well, without going to scary extremes.

Aggie is Omega compatible, using an installer instead of a relay (yay!). The included skins for Aggie are all fair skinned ("white and whiter") so if you want to make an ethnic head with softer features, you will need Omega to do so. The Sarah and Africa heads come with ethnic skins, whereas the others do not. There are heads available on the Altamura marketplace store that do not have pictures in her flickr.

Aggie sells for 3499L. Non-Bento heads sell for 2299L.

Altamura Aggie Bento Mesh Head by Strawberry Singh, on Flickr

Altamura Francy Mesh Head by Altamura theFutureofFashion, on Flickr

Africa Mesh head by Altamura theFutureofFashion, on Flickr

Strawberry Singh's review of Aggie is here: Altamura Aggie Bento Mesh Head - StrawberrySingh.com
Cristalle is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
3 Users Like This:
Old 01-06-2017, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
In testing this out some more, I have found that for Omega to work, you have to wear the HUD while also wearing the Omega applier hud. You cannot just wear the Omega applier hud with the head on. This is super strange but it seems that the Altamura hud acts as a relay. That's a pain.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Altamura released another Bento head at Skin Fair, Monique. I haven't demo'd it yet but I hope the lips are less weird than Aggie's.

Altamura: "MONIQUE" Bento Head - Coming Soon Exclusive @ Skin Fair 2017 by Altamura theFutureofFashion, on Flickr
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 03-14-2017, 04:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Altamura has also released a male Bento head, Aaron. He is available on the market.

Altamura Aaron BENTO Mesh Head - New Release by Altamura theFutureofFashion, on Flickr
Old 04-13-2017, 12:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
A new male Bento head from Altamura, Alvin, is dropping. It is geared toward ethnic looks. I am not a fan of the skin shading, so thank God it's Omega compatible. It's debuting at Black Fair.

Altamura: "ALVIN" BENTO Head by Altamura theFutureofFashion, on Flickr
Old 05-20-2017, 09:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Another new male Bento head from Altamura is dropping at Mens Only Monthly, Albert:

Altamura: "ALBERT" BENTO Head @ MOM by Altamura theFutureofFashion, on Flickr
Old 06-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Altamura is dropping another female bento head, Kim, at eBento:

Altamura: "KIM" BENTO Head - Coming Soon Exclusive @ eBento 2017 by Altamura theFutureofFashion, on Flickr
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Like This:
Old 08-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
New head, Mia, at the Mesh Body Addicts fair:

Altamura - "MIA" Bento Head by Altamura theFutureofFashion, on Flickr
Old 10-09-2017, 09:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Fantastic gift for the Men Only Hunt: the full body avatar, Robert:

Altamura Robert Full Body Bento MOH10 gift by Altamura theFutureofFashion, on Flickr
Old 10-10-2017, 12:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

lost in time...

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristalle View Post
Fantastic gift for the Men Only Hunt: the full body avatar, Robert:

Altamura Robert Full Body Bento MOH10 gift by Altamura theFutureofFashion, on Flickr
It is pretty cool, but it's just the one skin tone. The Omega installer does nothing, for now, anyway. I picked up the kit for my male alt before I realized that. Their blog says there will be a big surprise for group members who get that body, so maybe they'll add Omega capability.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Romana; 10-10-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Romana is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Client: Black Dragon / Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Thurkearan
When I tried it, there was a very obvious seam on the neck that this preview photo hides via collar. The one included skin also left quite a bit to be desired and makes me believe much of the picture was photoshopped. I'm hopeful that the surprise is indeed omega support, but I'm going to guess that it will instead be additional skin tones.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thurkearan is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-11-2017, 12:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Client: Flavor of the week
After unpacking this male gift, I must say the HUD was better than Signature Gianni. I really love the shortcuts, that I can click on the colored "dots" and alpha out the part of the body in the same color, and then adjust fine by adding a slice of alpha or taking one away.

The skin looks better in a neutral windlight setting, but it is not awesome. I agree that the ad is very nice.... the skin does not quite live up to the picture.

Really worth picking up. I have Catwa heads and various mesh bodies for my mALTs, but this is awesome for the broke SL guy.

The MOH10 has some really cool other stuff too, it seems. Bento tail, I thnk it can work for my female avatars too. So many gifts, so little time for SL....
"My opinion is, a designer should always try to enhance the inworld experience for his clients. In a virtual world, where individuality is hard to obtain, selling modifieable items is like selling a bit of freedom. Think about that." ~Silent Sky
Marianne Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

lost in time...

My Mood:
The big surprise for group members turns out to be a "1000 group members" sale, up to 80% off.
So, since I'd already bought the Omega kit anyway, I treated my mALT to the full version for $L900.
Lots more features and a good deal for the price even with a visible seam between neck and head (my Sink Physique also has a seem the if you don't use the blending prim, though not as prominent). There seems to be some difference in the way the skin applies to the head and the body, and since these all-in-ones are a fairly new thing for them perhaps this will be ironed out in updates.
The skin looks better on the full version head than the hunt version, though I'm still not crazy about their (male) body skins, and it takes several clicks to alpha out all head components if you want to wear another head (like AK's Keiji).
I'll try to post pics in the next day or so.

Last edited by Romana; 10-29-2017 at 12:12 PM.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-30-2017, 11:44 AM   #14 (permalink)

lost in time...

My Mood:
Pictures of my mALT, wearing the Robert body with its own head and the AK Keiji head. Both pictures have the Keiji head on the right and Robert on the left.
You can see there's a line between had and body on any skin, but more noticeable on some then others.
First picture is with the Fallen Gods fortune teller prize outfit. I suppose the difference in general look of the body has to do with the shapes that come with each head.
In the second picture, he's wearing the Altamura skin on the left and AK skin on the right. Outfits are a mix of MOH stuff and library stuff (+ one hair from OUAN hunt).
I took a screenshot via Windows with all the HUDs if anyone is curious.

1 User Said Thanks:
Old 12-07-2017, 11:44 AM   #15 (permalink)

lost in time...

My Mood:
Altamura has a free gift female head out now at The Chapter Four. It's not Bento, so doesn't respond to the edit sliders (at leas not the ones I'd like it to) but it does have expression and talk, so not bad for free. Body appliers included (Omega), and nicer IMHO than their male skins.
Apparently the Women Only Hunt will have a full female avatar as a prize like the MOH had the free Robert.

Last edited by Romana; 12-07-2017 at 05:24 PM.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 12-18-2017, 06:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Misanthrope

Aaaargh!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 05/25/06
Client: Firestorm
There is also a free bento mesh head for group members available at Ebento. You can use it with the Women Only Hunt free full avatar if you alpha out the head.

And just released the Aaron Bento Full Mesh Body for men, free to Teleport Hub group members (10 linden to join group). Details on that here Aaron Bento Full Mesh Body Teleport Hub Group Gift by Altamura | Teleport Hub - Second Life Freebies
Stephanie Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 12-20-2017, 11:21 AM   #17 (permalink)

lost in time...

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Misfit View Post
There is also a free bento mesh head for group members available at Ebento. You can use it with the Women Only Hunt free full avatar if you alpha out the head.

And just released the Aaron Bento Full Mesh Body for men, free to Teleport Hub group members (10 linden to join group). Details on that here Aaron Bento Full Mesh Body Teleport Hub Group Gift by Altamura | Teleport Hub - Second Life Freebies
You just have to watch out for the eyelashes. Everything else can be hidden but those. But at least both sets will blink at the same time, so it should be possible to get them to blend in.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
pushes vertices

Shinyyyyy!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 666
Business: Timetwist by A2NZ
Client: Official Viewer
I just went out and tried Manuel and Robert (full bodies). No pics, sorry. I like the idea of a full body+head combo, so I was quite excited to try them out. They're nicely low impact, so that's a big plus, and the alphas seem OK.

The shape that comes out of the box is really weird. Max height, putting you at >2m tall, LOLWTF?! LOGO does the same with the old Ethan head, and I don't get it. Anyway, even after tweaking Robert's and Manuel's shapes, I couldn't get past the weird bodies that are very hard to adjust. Those blokes have a crotch gap (i.e. the vertical version of a thigh gap).

The heads have duck lips (not adjustable, 'cause as soon as you tweak that slider the lips split open). The (SL) eyes look blown up, not so much the shape but the texture. I use S-size Ikon Eyes, so the irises should be nice and small -- but the head turns them into anime eyes. I didn't manage to tweak that either, so the supposed advantage of being able to use system eyes out of the box... is gone. However, although I found them difficult to tweak, the heads have a very specific, unique look, which can be a great thing if that's the shape you're after.

I don't think there are many clothes available for those bodies, although tbf I only checked TMD. I tried a few Slink-fitted demos and SL-fitted ones, and managed to get most to work with the alphas. So that's not a huge issue.

I really didn't care much about the skins (blotchy, and the highlights are less than subtle), although obviously that can be changed. But considering I've been wearing Logo Ethan's basic skin for two years, and (after testing it) would also be able to wear the Slink male body's default skin without getting a new one... well...

Finally, there's something funky about the huds, and I can't quite put my finger on it. Something about the way the alphas seem to jump into place when you put it on? Also not super-intuitive, but I'm so used to Slink (female version) and Logo huds by now that it may just be a case of being unfamiliar with this system.

So for now I'm sticking to Ethan for the head, and the SL body (with a serious option on Slink and Logo's Logan head once I can upgrade). It's a higher impact solution, which really annoys me -- but more versatile in terms of taking bits on and off. The worst bit is Ethan's eyelids and lashes... which add 10,000 impact to an otherwise reasonably low impact head. Urgh. So most of the time, I'm out there with no eyelids. What did The Doctor say, anyway?

Yes, that's right. "Don't blink." Well, I don't.
I see your work and think 'she'll go far' which is why theres no need of an aide memoire
xxxxxx
My instagram
Raindrop Drinkwater is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 07-16-2018, 10:07 AM   #19 (permalink)
pushes vertices

Shinyyyyy!

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindrop Drinkwater View Post
I just went out and tried Manuel and Robert (full bodies). No pics, sorry.
What, no pics? Yes pics!!!

Altamura Manuel, default shape and skin, featuring the Crotch of Doom:

I've only seen one crotch that was scarier than this one, and that was the Hasselcrotch.

Altamura Robert, default shape and skin:

So, I don't dislike Manuel's face, actually. It's just not the one for me. I think Robert's lips are a disaster, however.

I've tried on Signature and Slink as well, for a really rough comparison (it's on my blog) -- to sum it up, for me, both Signature and Slink's bodies are an option. At some point, that is.
I see your work and think 'she'll go far' which is why theres no need of an aide memoire
xxxxxx
My instagram
1 User Laughed:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 07-16-2018, 10:14 AM   #20 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
That shape is really ghastly. Out of the box, I wonder how anyone thinks that looks good.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
pushes vertices

Shinyyyyy!

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristalle View Post
That shape is really ghastly. Out of the box, I wonder how anyone thinks that looks good.
Exactly. I'd be wary of buying a mesh body from someone who doesn't seem to have a good understanding of basic proportions. Other brands' default shapes look proportional... for giants, that is... so I think they know what human beings look like in their natural environnement, but choose to cater to the tallest common denominator instead.
xxxxxx
My instagram
2 Users Agreed: