Mesh Bodies: Maitreya - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Fashion and Shopping > Mesh Avatars » Mesh Bodies: Maitreya

Mesh Avatars Discuss mesh avatars and accessories made for them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2016, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 1, 2006
Mesh Bodies: Maitreya

The overwhelming leader in human female mesh bodies, Maitreya as of this writing owns approximately 50% of the entire mesh body market for women.

The body is excellently rigged and has many useful alpha cuts, and the HUD is easy to use. It comes built in with 10 skins from Glam Affair and is designed to work with Lelutka heads, although other heads have been designed to work with this body. It has five neck fat settings, it can be tinted to match, has many nail color options built in, and also has hands and feet included in the purchase, in three positions (flat, mid and high). It is an average shape that looks good in petite shapes as well as thick, curvy shapes.

The body is Omega compliant via a relay that must be worn when wearing Omega appliers, although the nails are not. Nails are special. It has limited support for materials.

The body is priced at 2750L and comes with a Zaara underwear applier and mesh underwear.

Full review at Mesh Body Addicts:
Maitreya - Lara v3.5 - Mesh Body Addicts

Picture is NSFW.

Cristalle is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
3 Users Agreed:
Old 05-26-2016, 10:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Quietly watching

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 4/24/2007
Client: PoundLife
Maitreya is also quite the special snowflake with the dev kit.
Vaelissa Cortes is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Agreed:
Old 05-26-2016, 10:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist

Heya ^_^

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 3/9/2006
Client: Firestorm
Was it always 2750?

I have bought it twice but I don't remember it costing that much.

Not saying it wasn't, I just don't remember it.

http://allaroundthegrid.blogspot.com/
Ramen Jedburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 10:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Yes, it has always been 2750.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Maitreya is worth every $L. The HUD is easy to use, the alpha is divided into sections to make it easy to hide any exposed parts if the designer doesn't use the 'auto-hide' feature. It comes with 5 default shapes, and you can edit them for further customization. For instance I made a short, thin build with a flat chest, and another with a thick waist and heavy thighs because they suited the characters I had in mind. The skins are lovely, and many have remarked on dat ass. There are a *lot* of designers making clothes, skins and SHOOZ for the Lara build, so you won't have the lack of choice issue that's present with some of the other bodies (market share drives the market, in a closed loop). And you can keep your Classic head if you want. I'm really pleased with mine.
Emma Random is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This:
Old 06-01-2016, 12:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Nevertheless, she persisted.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Random View Post
The skins are lovely, and many have remarked on dat ass. There are a *lot* of designers making clothes, skins and SHOOZ for the Lara build, so you won't have the lack of choice issue that's present with some of the other bodies (market share drives the market, in a closed loop). And you can keep your Classic head if you want. I'm really pleased with mine.
When I first bought my Lara, I had problems finding skins and clothes I wanted. That problem has solved itself, though, and there's almost a glut of appliers now. I had to separate my Lara appliers folder from my older clothing, and the Lara folder is almost as big, today.

If anyone is new to Matreya's Lara body, be sure to join the user groups to hear about sales and new offerings. There's so much that I eventually had to mute the Lara's Friends group because my IMs were capping too fast

!Maitreya Maniacs!
Maitreya Lara Friends
Maitreya V.I.P.
Maitreya Gifts, Sales & New

ETA: If you happen upon a store that offers well-made Maitreya appliers, join their group! Bookmark their MP store!

Last edited by Cindy Claveau; 06-01-2016 at 12:34 PM.
Cindy Claveau is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
3 Users Agreed:
Old 06-02-2016, 10:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Primtesse

(twisted...)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 10.7.2010
Business: [BiC]
Client: whatever looks like version one
I hate them!
It leads the market and therefore every mesh creator only build clothes for them (and slink).
Damned.
Dianna Loxely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist

Heya ^_^

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianna Loxely View Post
I hate them!

It leads the market and therefore every mesh creator only build clothes for them (and slink).

Damned.

I don't k ow about that. I have the Lara body and I still use tons of non specific MESH clothing. Most of the time the alpha cuts work to get rid of any show through.

It does sort of hurt the market for non mesh clothes, but honestly, non mesh clothes are so meh anymore. Also, adding an applier, at least for Maitreya is trivial (cut and paste the UUID into a notecard).

Now, if that applier looks good, that may be another story.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Monster Under the Bed

Professional Lurker

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 02/25/2007

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianna Loxely View Post
I hate them!
Damned.

I am not mad at Onyx for making a great product, I am mad at LL for not doing this themselves, after they had been asked repeatedly for an improved body. What we have now is worse than the worst case scenario excuses that LL gave years ago. I miss going shopping and everything made for the female shape fit me, and all I had to do was tweak attachments on a pose stand. There is more work and research involved in shopping these days, and that is what upsets me the most.
Dusky Jewell is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
3 Users Like This:
Old 06-02-2016, 12:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen Jedburgh View Post
I don't k ow about that. I have the Lara body and I still use tons of non specific MESH clothing. Most of the time the alpha cuts work to get rid of any show through.
The only thing that annoys me (not makes me mad) is when I see an outfit I desperately lust after and then see that it's not intended for mesh bodies (fitmesh may/may not work, I always try a demo first - if no demo, pass) or only for bodies like TMP which I do not and will not own.

I had a TMP demo long ago, but frankly their store gave me a headache and their system was too convoluted to be practical. So I went Slink and Maitreya, settling on Maitreya. I wear the Omega HUD at all times, but it's a fallback if an outfit doesn't come any other way.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Imp

Who are you?

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Early '06 or late '05, not sure.
Client: Singularity, mostly.
I have just tried the Slink Physique and the Maitreya Lara.

The Physique gave me noodly arms, but not too awfully bad. It really looked better on me but little or nothing I have will work with it.

The Maitreya is workable with my clothes, mostly, but not as good as the standard avi. It also gave me noodly arms and bodybuilder legs. Definitely would need a new shape for it.
Gabriell Anatra is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 06-02-2016, 02:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Verti's Minion

*SLU Supporter*

A dozen years of PURPLE!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March 5, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusky Jewell View Post
I am mad at LL for not doing this themselves, after they had been asked repeatedly for an improved body. What we have now is worse than the worst case scenario excuses that LL gave years ago.
This this this a million times over.

Don't blame creators for (again) picking up the ball that LL dropped (again).

The colossal fragmentation of the clothing market could have been completely avoided if LL had the wherewithal to consistently listen to the needs of their user base. The old default avatar mesh was one time where they kinda threw up their hands and went "lol whatevs".

Like usual, we got another spit-and-bailing-wire solution. We're stuck with that solution now along with all the problems stemming from that solution: increased visual lag, market fragmentation, user frustration, textures clashing -- I could go on.

If you really want a better default avatar mesh now, you'll get one -- when Sansar comes out.
Sean Gorham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

singeling out the market to a dependent on 1 content creator is "A really bad idea". This isnt the fault of the content creator though, and more Linden's fault to fix their standard avatar.

In the old days you could blindly buy clothing and wear it, without any thought. Now shopping involves "Applier bingo", looking what kind of mesh is supported by the clothing. And thats a step back, no matter from what angle you'll looking at this problem.

I have faint hope Bento will solve partly this, but looking at Bento Im affraid its another halfassed attempt by linden where the content creators have to fix the shortcomings (again).
PandoraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Let's be realistic. There is no one-size-fits-all solution, so there is room for multiple players - but at the same time, a good average solution should have been made available by LL. The system avatar was good at low numbers but looked terrible as they got higher.

LL should have made or purchased the rights to the best three body shapes (petite, average, and large) and made those standard, with the weights freely available. No matter what LL did, though, people would still come up with parts or replacements. Lola's would still be out there, and then people would decide they still wanted a body with bigger breasts and someone would make the equivalent of Tonic Curvy Beauty. Or they would want a huge ass and go with uLukie. That is just how it goes.

Last edited by Cristalle; 06-02-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist

Heya ^_^

My Mood:
LL should have bought the 3best or 6 best? They are not as common but there are male mesh bodies.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

or you know, make a unified mesh clothing system that can adapt to the most extreme avatar shapes. oh wait that was actually in the works, but the Lindens dropped it. Anyone remember the mesh deformer project in 2012? good times.
PandoraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

My Mood:
Looking at it from a guys point of view its my opinion that the makers of the Maitreya put in the hard yards in developing their product to a high degree of quality which has made it the market leader at the present time
Shiraz jacobus is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Old 06-02-2016, 06:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist

Heya ^_^

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraz jacobus View Post
Looking at it from a guys point of view its my opinion that the makers of the Maitreya put in the hard yards in developing their product to a high degree of quality which has made it the market leader at the present time

You mean as in you find it the most attractive? Or does Maitreya make a male mesh? I didn't think they did.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
As this is the Maitreya thread, I'm talking about the three female bodies. But in any case, yes, they should do this for the male bodies as well.
2 Users Agreed:
Old 06-02-2016, 10:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen Jedburgh View Post
You mean as in you find it the most attractive? Or does Maitreya make a male mesh? I didn't think they did.
To answer yes I find it the most attractive and my partner recently went mesh with this body and if Maitreya made a male mesh body i would snap one up in a heartbeat !
Shiraz jacobus is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 06-03-2016, 01:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

What a folking boat!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 1 29 2013
Business: the Sail Loft
I had a Slink body, but never really bonded with it. Then I got Lara and.... (insert gushing praise for auto-alphas and exquisite fitmesh fit here).

My only two complaints are, the butt's still too big on '0', and the alphas on the upper chest are not meant for necklines so it's tough to get most generic mesh clothes to work.
Trifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:08 AM   #22 (permalink)
Persona Non Grata

Cougar

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 04/05/2010
Client: Firestorm x64
I've been using the Maitreya body for a while now and feel totally comfortable with it. However, I saw a very recent Strawberry Singh youtube video where she was running through some Maitreya basics and in her inventory she had all the matching Glam Affair skins and appliers for those included in the Maitreya.

In my wildest dreams I imagined that set of 8 available at the Glam Affair shop but went and had a look but didn't see.

Probably a numpty question, but are they all to be purchased separately, or somehow available for Maitreya owners for free as part of what GA made available, maybe even just the classic skins?

Strawberry did have L$17,500 in her bank so perhaps money is no object for her and she bought the lot, or was given them.
Vixen Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:14 AM   #23 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen Fox View Post
In my wildest dreams I imagined that set of 8 available at the Glam Affair shop but went and had a look but didn't see.

Probably a numpty question, but are they all to be purchased separately, or somehow available for Maitreya owners for free as part of what GA made available, maybe even just the classic skins?
The Maitreya body comes with GA skins already. They strike me as a bit generic/oversampled, but they're on the HUD.

I have other GA skins and appliers, but I bought each of them separately at regular cost.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:30 PM   #24 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: April 2006
Business: [e bar]
Client: FS

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Maitreya 4.0 update is out! Includes bento hands! Brief info below. *squeeee!

Maitreya v4.0 is OUT - Mesh Body Addicts
Ellen Cordeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 04-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Easily Distracted

Just Sans

My Mood:
SL Join Date: April 2005
Client: Official client
I still don't understand how the hands work. I have them on Slink and now Maitreya. How do they animate? Do I need a special thing to get the animations?
Sansarya is offline   Reply With Quote