Mesh Heads: Lelutka - SLUniverse Forums

Mesh Avatars Discuss mesh avatars and accessories made for them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2016, 11:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 1, 2006
Mesh Heads: Lelutka

Lelutka has seven female heads as of this writing: Aria, Ever, Leda, Karin, Stella, Lotte and one special edition, Simone. They have similar features but several distinguishing shapes between them.

They are all fitted mesh heads and respond to three sliders: head size, squash and length. They have expressions that can be combined into different combinations between eyes, eyebrows and mouths, and chat gestures that will trigger a pre-set gesture. Buyers can make their own gestures using the API included in the sale of the head. Simone's expressions differ from the other six heads, including a kissy-mouth and a lip lick, but does not have the closed mouth with upturned corners.

Lelutka heads are not Omega compliant.

A full review with shots of the HUD can be seen at Mesh Body Addicts, here: LeLutka Mesh Heads - Mesh Body Addicts

Last edited by Cristalle; 05-26-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Cristalle is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 05-26-2016, 11:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Of these heads, Simone is at this time the only one that they are considering re-rigging for Project Bento. They may change their minds, but that's the status at this time.
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 05-27-2016, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

I cnat tpyipng actlluay, srry

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 6th Jan 2007
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
I knew I bought the right Lelutka head the other week . Hopefully the Bento compatible one is a free update.
Amelia Freund is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-27-2016, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

lost in time...

My Mood:
I was hoping they'd Bento-adapt Stella, which is the one I have. I'd like to be able to tweak the shape more. It was the closest one to what I had in mind at time of purchase (& least angry-looking) but I've never been able to get the face shape quite right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Romana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Me too; I have Karin and Stella and being able to mod both a little more would be nice. I think that Karin and Stella are the two most popular of the original six, based on pictures I've seen on Flickr, but I could be wrong. I feel like Karin could easily be adapted to look more like Aria and Ever, and maybe even Lotte and Leda. Karin is my head of choice when I am not roleplaying.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Lelutka's heads have been updated, improving (significantly) the eyelashes, with shapes for blending and masking.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

I have the Simone, and alas there is still an issue with the eyeshadow/lash blending option causing visual glitches. There is a recommended fix on the Lelutka.com site, but I find that removing the head and re-adding it usually fixes the glitch (though it can reoccur when porting). Having said that I love my Simone and the way it works seamlessly with the Maitreya body. The face is so well done I don't really need to wear a skin, though I usually do because I like extras like freckles and wrinkles.
Emma Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
If your glitch is with hair, then I'd recommend editing the section of hair over the eyes and masking it at some relatively low number like 64.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

It's the glitch where you can't wear eyeshadow at the same time as blended lashes because of the alpha conflict. There are just swathes of skin showing where the shadow layer should be. Lelutka has (had?) a link to a fix on their website, but I found it didn't work consistently. Oddly, it doesn't seem to occur as much when I use a third party skin and makeup. (YS&YS in this case). But I soldier on, because I love the head and don't mind fiddling to make it work.
Emma Random is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 12-16-2016, 03:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
So, the Simone Bento head has gone out to bloggers and is slated to be out for purchase next week. This head intrigues me and I'm definitely going to demo it. I'm not sure I want to pony up 5k for this head but it's really nice and I might talk myself into it.

LeLutka Simone Bento Mesh Head by Strawberry Singh, on Flickr

Info from the Lelutka Blog: PRERELEASE INFO ABOUT SIMONE 2.0 BENTO MESH HEAD | LeLutka

Strawberry Singh has a preview copy and she has a great video that shows the HUD and all the features. The biggest boon to Simone is that she is now Omega compatible, which will allow a lot more diversity in looks.

2 Users Like This:
Old 12-16-2016, 04:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Never taped a dick

My God, this reminds me

My Mood:
SL Join Date: This time: 10/12/2010
Client: A few different ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristalle View Post
So, the Simone Bento head has gone out to bloggers and is slated to be out for purchase next week. This head intrigues me and I'm definitely going to demo it. I'm not sure I want to pony up 5k for this head but it's really nice and I might talk myself into it.

LeLutka Simone Bento Mesh Head by Strawberry Singh, on Flickr

Info from the Lelutka Blog: PRERELEASE INFO ABOUT SIMONE 2.0 BENTO MESH HEAD | LeLutka

Strawberry Singh has a preview copy and she has a great video that shows the HUD and all the features. The biggest boon to Simone is that she is now Omega compatible, which will allow a lot more diversity in looks.

LeLutka Simone Bento Mesh Head in Second Life - YouTube
Ooohhhhh. Might ask for that for my SL Xmas present from my partner.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shilohlyric/
http://shilohlyric.wordpress.com/
Shiloh Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This:
Old 12-22-2016, 10:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: June 22, 2010
Business: Shiny Stuffs
Really loving the new Lelutka Simone. It has been fun getting to play with face sliders again

LeLutka Bento! by Tarani Tempest, on Flickr
Old 12-22-2016, 11:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
perpetual lurker

status edited

My Mood:
SL Join Date: January 09, 2008
Business: current outfit
i'm really loving the new simone head too!

lelutka's leda was my me face for so long, but i was able to get a similar shape to leda on simone while still being different enough that it feels 'updated' to me. and the new animations are adorable! and i love being able to tweak things on my face again! and omega support! and and and--

the alpha lashes were also a thing that really bugged me on previous lelutka heads, i always wore separate lashes on leda because the included non-alpha lashes would get.. wonky and spidery... and the alpha versions would glitch with eye makeup behind them, making makeup disappear (the way wispy bangs will make eyelashes disappear). the lashes on simone, though, no longer do this and it's fantastic. it's also exciting that the lashes allow appliers like catwa heads do.

cannot rave enough. i am in love with this new head.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
I picked the demo up, it's definitely something I am looking at purchasing. All the old Lelutka appliers work with it. Going to take a look at how well my Omega appliers work with it.
1 User Agreed:
Old 12-22-2016, 03:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Alien Fashionista

I'm not green, i'm teal. pfft!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: July 7, 2005
Send a message via MSN to Alessa
Mesh Heads: Lelutka

Quick question for those with the Lelutka Simone Bento heads:

Are the mouth and teeth moddable? I might want to hide the teeth to put my own or at least tint them. Is that even possible?

Thanks in advance ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so ME!!
Alessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 06:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: June 22, 2010
Business: Shiny Stuffs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessa View Post
Quick question for those with the Lelutka Simone Bento heads:

Are the mouth and teeth moddable? I might want to hide the teeth to put my own or at least tint them. Is that even possible?

Thanks in advance ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The teeth are added on after you wear the head. But, I believe they are rigged to the head. You could, I suppose try to wear your own teeth, but they would be static... the teeth that come wit the head actually move with the mouth movements.

I bought the Catwa bubble gum and it works with the Lelutka bento head as well, and you can see the teeth move and chew the gum...actually pretty cool
Old 12-22-2016, 06:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Client: Flavor of the week
This was difficult. I like the many animations in Catwa, but the form on Simone, and how I can edit her, makes this head so right for me. I like it better than Catwa....
Attached Thumbnails
Mesh Heads: Lelutka-snapshot_003.jpg  
"My opinion is, a designer should always try to enhance the inworld experience for his clients. In a virtual world, where individuality is hard to obtain, selling modifieable items is like selling a bit of freedom. Think about that." ~Silent Sky
Marianne Little is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 12-22-2016, 06:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarani View Post
The teeth are added on after you wear the head. But, I believe they are rigged to the head. You could, I suppose try to wear your own teeth, but they would be static... the teeth that come wit the head actually move with the mouth movements.

I bought the Catwa bubble gum and it works with the Lelutka bento head as well, and you can see the teeth move and chew the gum...actually pretty cool
But Catwa has those tears.... Can tears only be used with Catwa eyes?
"My opinion is, a designer should always try to enhance the inworld experience for his clients. In a virtual world, where individuality is hard to obtain, selling modifieable items is like selling a bit of freedom. Think about that." ~Silent Sky
Old 12-22-2016, 07:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Alien Fashionista

I'm not green, i'm teal. pfft!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: July 7, 2005
Send a message via MSN to Alessa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarani View Post

Oh that could work ^_^

But, can you tint and hue the mouth and teeth that comes with the head? The inside of my avie's mouth is not pink so i'd have to tint the inside of the mouth and if that part is no mod that would not work

I'm so ME!!
Alessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Never taped a dick

My God, this reminds me

My Mood:

I have the demo and have spent a little time playing with it. I want to spend some more, but had a lot of fun with sliders and trying other appliers with it.

I'm thinking this will probably be THE Bento head for me, but we'll see. Still have some playing to do, and I want to be sure before me or my partner shells out the L$5000 just to find out I don't really love it.

Old 12-22-2016, 09:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Right now I have three Bento heads: Eve'Olution, Akeruka Elen and Altamura Aggie. Aggie was messed up when it came to Omega and so it hasn't really gotten a lot of play yet. For whatever reason, the Omega appliers were not working. Not cool. Anyhow, I really love the Eve head but that will not stop me from getting Simone when I finish talking myself into it. Simone is a more polished product, and more fully featured. It's also crazy more expensive right now but it doesn't mean I can't use them all. I like making different looks for roleplay versus my normal avatar, so having all these heads is fine.
1 User Likes This:
Old 12-22-2016, 10:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Never taped a dick

My God, this reminds me

My Mood:

Genesis Lab is releasing one, too.

1 User Likes This:
Old 12-22-2016, 10:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
All the major brands will have something Bento soon, I'd imagine. They are not going to let Catwa keep running away with the market.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
I worry a bit over spending so much over a single head, since I assume there will be more heads released and if I spend 5000 now, I might regret it later.
1 User Hugged You:
Old 12-23-2016, 12:20 AM   #25 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
I understand. It's really the animations that we're paying for, that jack the price up so much. The 5k is a bit to stomach but when it comes to Simone... that's not such an unreasonable price. The more I play with it the more I want it. It's the first head that I am getting to really look like 'me' and it's phenomenal, with the right applier.