Mesh Heads: Lelutka - Page 4 - SLUniverse Forums

Mesh Avatars Discuss mesh avatars and accessories made for them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2017, 06:13 PM   #76 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Client: Flavor of the week
Speaking of mesh heads in general, some look totally different om me than in the ads and blogs. Even with the same skins/appliers.

Male mesh Catwa heads if the worst for me. I have seen Beebos alt with male Catwa head, Strawberry Singh, others too, I demo and just stare in disbelief on my screen. First, second, third Catwa male head, can't find "the one".

And I talk pre-Bento, when we couldn't edit the heads.

Female Catwa heads, Lelutka, Niramyth, LOGO, you name it, I think I look great in my various avatars. But male Catwa? I think it's a curse.
"My opinion is, a designer should always try to enhance the inworld experience for his clients. In a virtual world, where individuality is hard to obtain, selling modifieable items is like selling a bit of freedom. Think about that." ~Silent Sky
Marianne Little is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Hugged You:
Old 01-17-2017, 07:16 PM   #77 (permalink)
Noob

What should I put here?

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristalle View Post
The skin applier may work. My old Lelutka appliers work. But everyone should DEMO regardless. The shape is the most important thing to remember.
I agree my Logo Morgana Pink Fuel skin looks way better on my Catya Catwa head than the Annie or Jessica one. I have a skinnery skin that I have tried on my AK Auroura head and gee I just look like full on bitch with that one. I save that one for days I am in a bad mood .

I have tried many beautiful skins and my shape just makes it look crappy. For me it is about finding the right skin for my shape.
Bamboo Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
1 User Hugged You:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 02-23-2017, 08:12 AM   #78 (permalink)

I cnat tpyipng actlluay, srry

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 6th Jan 2007
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
A new Lelutka head on the way. Moka's blog is the only news of it so far though.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mokatana/32930180851
Amelia Freund is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Yay!:
Old 02-23-2017, 09:42 AM   #79 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 1, 2006
It's very pretty... lips seem pretty full, though. Not going to please the small-lipped crowd.

And a comparison, Chloe on the left, Simone on the right:

credits: https://mokatana.wordpress.com/2017/...d-chloe-bento/

Last edited by Cristalle; 02-23-2017 at 10:13 AM. Reason: got the image
Cristalle is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
4 Users Like This:
Old 02-23-2017, 10:08 AM   #80 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Nevertheless, she persisted.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syo Emerald View Post
I still never archieve the images on the vendors. Tested Simone with a skin + the shape that came with the skin and it didn't looked anything close to the add...so I'm now unsure if its a good idea to buy a premade shape on the MP. :/
I tried a couple of premades on my Lelutka, and I got much better results that way than trying to "roll my own" without hours of twiddling and fiddling.

The problem with the premades that I tried was that they were no-trans, so I couldn't share the shape between alts. Still, if someone like me who is awful at sculpting our own shapes wants a shortcut, I think the premades are a very good solution.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:26 AM   #81 (permalink)

My Mood:

Apparently the Chloe head is getting released Today (well, tomorrow for me). I'll definitely demo it but I'm not buying unless there's some way to buy it for L$2.5k again.
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 02-24-2017, 11:27 AM   #82 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
I think it's pretty, but not meaningfully distinct from Simone. I felt the same way about Kimberly from Catwa. When we are plopping down 5k at a time for heads, I would prefer to see more variety, especially since Bento gives us the means to make radical changes to the overall look.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:51 PM   #83 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia Freund View Post
Apparently the Chloe head is getting released Today (well, tomorrow for me). I'll definitely demo it but I'm not buying unless there's some way to buy it for L$2.5k again.
I grabbed it. There was a small crowd in the store (most of them blocking the Bento display), so I got the demo and ran off as fast as I could

If I like it I might buy the full, but 5k is a chunk of change for a hobby.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:25 PM   #84 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

I'm hopeless. The demo went on so effortlessly that I went ahead and grabbed the full model. It helped that I already had my Simone head shape in place, so I only had to do minor tweaking on the eyes and lips to get Chloe to look the way I wanted.

More tweaking to follow. Chin's too pointed.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #85 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
I think it's exellent that LeLutka get out more heads, since it is so many "Catwa only" and not even an omega solution plus Catwa. LeLutka need to have more than one Bento head.

The "Powder pack" Catwa only. https://powderpacksl.com/faq/
While I wouldn't buy unknown content and overpriced packs like this, they are popular, aren't they?

The full lips is to cchallenge the full-lipped Catwa heads that is really popular? Restylane is popular in RL too...

I agree that it isn't much variety. We can use the sliders a bit, but we can't do that much. I still struggle with the tiny noses. There should be noses with other shapes too.

Wish LeLutka had male heads. But they would probably be pretty boys and nothing with strong features. Still, the LeLutka hud is a pleasure to use and it would be nice to try a male Lelutka head.
"My opinion is, a designer should always try to enhance the inworld experience for his clients. In a virtual world, where individuality is hard to obtain, selling modifieable items is like selling a bit of freedom. Think about that." ~Silent Sky
2 Users Agreed:
Old 02-26-2017, 06:53 PM   #86 (permalink)

Never the same girl twice.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: April 2010
Client: Second Life V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Little View Post
The "Powder pack" Catwa only. https://powderpacksl.com/faq/
While I wouldn't buy unknown content and overpriced packs like this, they are popular, aren't they?
I wouldn't call Powder Pack overpriced at all. In this month's box we got 3 skins, one specifically designed for deep toned women of color in 4 different tones and two others with both light and darker tones. Not to mention makeups that would go for between $L 200-400 a piece. If you're willing to take a gamble, the 'surprise' box concept is usually a really nice deal.

I didn't buy the first box because of the L'etre scandal, but when they swapped out Deetalez for him I had to grab February.

Back on topic, Lelutka faces are beautiful but rarely ever look nice. They're a little intimidating, on the whole. I think it's the narrow eyes. This new one might be nice if you could get the lips down a bit.
Blaise Glendevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:24 AM   #87 (permalink)

My Mood:

I'm not a fan of the squinty eyes on Lelutka either, so that's why I have the eye animation permanently set to 'wide'. You can also get the eyes a little more open with subtle use of the eye bag slider too (say, no more than 15%).
1 User Agreed:
Old 02-27-2017, 03:53 AM   #88 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise Glendevon View Post
I wouldn't call Powder Pack overpriced at all. In this month's box we got 3 skins, one specifically designed for deep toned women of color in 4 different tones and two others with both light and darker tones. Not to mention makeups that would go for between $L 200-400 a piece. If you're willing to take a gamble, the 'surprise' box concept is usually a really nice deal.

I didn't buy the first box because of the L'etre scandal, but when they swapped out Deetalez for him I had to grab February.

Back on topic, Lelutka faces are beautiful but rarely ever look nice. They're a little intimidating, on the whole. I think it's the narrow eyes. This new one might be nice if you could get the lips down a bit.
It's not a bad price if I will use all, but from what I've seen shown in blogs, it would not be so for me.
L'etre scandal? Please tell me more. I have missed it all. Are L'etre hit by a DMCA on their male skins? All were gone, appliers and all, last time I was in the store.
1 User Agreed:
Old 02-27-2017, 04:18 AM   #89 (permalink)

Never the same girl twice.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: April 2010
Client: Second Life V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Little View Post
L'etre scandal? Please tell me more. I have missed it all. Are L'etre hit by a DMCA on their male skins? All were gone, appliers and all, last time I was in the store.
The creator withdrew them voluntarily after several people posted comparison points to other skin makers' body and face skins. They're also no longer the default skin on Catwa heads.

He's saying that he bought base templates that were copybotted and he didn't know, but people apparently don't believe him.
Blaise Glendevon is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 02-28-2017, 02:46 PM   #90 (permalink)
Verti's Minion

*SLU Supporter*

A dozen years of PURPLE!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March 5, 2005
I tried the Chloe demo yesterday, put it on with one of my Simone test shapes, and immediately said "holy @#$%! This is IT."

I'm pretty sure my eyes don't look that squinty either. I did have that problem with Simone.

I finally took the plunge... by Sean Gorham, on Flickr
Sean Gorham is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Yay!:
Old 02-28-2017, 04:27 PM   #91 (permalink)
Noob

What should I put here?

My Mood:
Wow Sean! You look absolutely stunning with the head!
Bamboo Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 03-07-2017, 09:59 PM   #92 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Sexy new head from Lelutka coming out at Skin Fair, Cate. Picture by Doutzen Joubert.

New Lelutka Bento Mesh Head Cate

2 Users Like This:
Old 03-08-2017, 01:32 PM   #93 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
And gorgeous new skin applier coming at Skin Fair from League:

League Amaia Lelutka Appliers by Nena Janus, on Flickr
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 03-09-2017, 09:45 PM   #94 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Oh dear. So, I am really, really liking Cate, plus the new League Amaia applier. I changed the lips to Milla's lips and this is just... wow. I'm going to have to buy some L. *cries*
Old 03-22-2017, 05:02 AM   #95 (permalink)
I shop, therefore I am

My Mood:
I paid for the Powder Pack Lelutka Version.

I said it wouldn't be worth it, because I wouldn't use enough of the contents.

I changed my mind for Lelutka, it is so much made for Catwa already, I thought I should support those who makes Lelutka content. And this is the first PP for Lelutka.

Exited to see what's in it. My greedy voice whisper that maybe the first pack is specially good, to gather interest.
1 User Agreed:
Old 03-22-2017, 07:19 AM   #96 (permalink)

My Mood:

I'm not sure I'd be over fussed on the Powder Pack. It looks like it has too much makeup in it which I rarely use.

The same goes for any of the subscription boxes really. I don't see much value in the Luxe Box either since there's a good chance most of the items in the box won't suit my av.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #97 (permalink)
A boombox is not a toy!

Lurking with coffee

My Mood:
I'm in need of some help. I recently purchased the Lelutka Chloe bento head. Is it possible to apply the pearl tone Glam Affair skin color preset that comes with the head to my Belleza body? I tried purchasing the lightest tone at Glam Affair of Belleza appliers and of course it doesn't match. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Ryanna Enfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:09 PM   #98 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
Check to make sure that there isn't a tint on the body.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #99 (permalink)
A boombox is not a toy!

Lurking with coffee

My Mood:
Thanks for the reply Cristalle. I did purchase a skin applier from Glam Affair that was called Polar because I didn't see any skin applier named Pearl for Belleza Mesh Body. I have fiddled with the tint option on the body itself to see if that was the issue, but it is not.

Am I missing something? Do I need an Omega Relay or something? I didn't even see any skin appliers for bodies in the Lelutka shop. The Glam Affair skin appliers are in a back room of their shop, but they do not have a shade matching Pearl for Belleza.
Ryanna Enfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:24 PM   #100 (permalink)
Lady of the House

Hopeful

My Mood:
I was not familiar with her offerings for Belleza. I took a look and yes, I see that there is an issue with her offerings for Belleza, in that the line of tones is not complete. There are only 8 tones available whereas there are like 2-3 more tones that are missing. You can see that when you compare it to what is offered for Slink Physique. Even The Mesh Project and Wowmeh have more tones available.

I would not expect them to be in the Undivided shop in the Lelutka mainstore because Glam Affair is the built-in skin for the Maitreya body, in the same way that Lelutka is the head built for the Maitreya body.

I was looking for a general Omega applier but the computer I'm on right now is terrible and everything is really laggy, I don't think there is one. I'm not sure if the Wowmeh would work and I wouldn't try it.

At this point your best bet is to put the question to Aida Ewing and see if she is just in the process of updating the skins for Belleza and in the meanwhile tint the body to match the head, or vice versa.

Last edited by Cristalle; 04-21-2017 at 04:44 PM.